Rahu as a Atmakaraka

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

gaonkarswapnil

Rahu as a Atmakaraka

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Dear all,

This is related to charakaraka scheme it is said that when a AK is vakri it has deep desires related

But when Rahu is AK should we consider it as regular or vakri as it is always vakri in chart and it never gets in regular motion

It is said that whos rahu is AK jataks are kind of spritual but does the principle of retrogation applies to to it or not

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:09 am

I somehow don't like the idea of Rahu as Atmakaraka. But if some one will like to consider Rahu as atmakaraka then reversal should be accepted and interpreted same as way as for other planets. Rahu and retrogression is package deal so if some one has chosen to be born with Rahu as AK , then it doesnt hurt to have deep (do you mean dark) desires along with it.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:14 am

Certain wrote:I somehow don't like the idea of Rahu as Atmakaraka. But if some one will like to consider Rahu as atmakaraka then reversal should be accepted and interpreted same as way as for other planets. Rahu and retrogression is package deal so if some one has chosen to be born with Rahu as AK , then it doesnt hurt to have deep (do you mean dark) desires along with it.
Why such fears about Rahu, dear friend?
There was Divine Ghaplaa going on and 'participants' were being taken for a 'ride' by *management* and Swarbhanu spoke up and got sliced!

Modern reality? BIG GUY vs the little guy who speaks up...? :-)

Rahu has two flavours: TRUE vs MEAN!

The mean always recedes, but the TRUE sometimes advances but mostly recedes!

Alone, rahu is negative, and often maligned, but when associated with a strong personal planet, it is an entirely another story!

Hence, the lunar nodes have been called 'surrogates' for planets they are associated with, or the lords of nakshatras and signs they are in.

The Sudarshan Chakra did not kill Swarbhanu, but it made him twice powerful!

Lord Vishnu was not practicing DARTS but purrhaps had a GRAND PLAN in HIS mind!

My two cents for consideration...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:12 pm

1. need to see who is lord of star where Rahu resides as we know that Rahu/ketu are shadow planets.
2. thumb rule is Shanivat rahu kujavath ketu. Behavior of rahu when as AK can be considered similar to Saturn

also need to be seen whether AK is in Kendra /angular houses.

famous personlaities:
mother theressa
hillary clinton
Ramakrishna paramahmsa
michael jackson

MJ had tragic death.
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 pm

astro_scholr wrote:1. need to see who is lord of star where Rahu resides as we know that Rahu/ketu are shadow planets.
2. thumb rule is Shanivat rahu kujavath ketu. Behavior of rahu when as AK can be considered similar to Saturn

also need to be seen whether AK is in Kendra /angular houses.

famous personlaities:
mother theressa
hillary clinton
Ramakrishna paramahmsa
michael jackson

MJ had tragic death.
I think rule#2 is overly applied by folks. And applies to only one sign each for the nodes! Kumbha and Vrishchika!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Namashkaar

I think shani and Rahu with respect to AK says all different thing which i have noticed is more related to its karakatwa

Rahu = cheating factor

Shani = sorrow and applies for rest planets

and i think as it is related to atma this are the factors that matters most to the jataka so jaimini seems to have stated the dictums regarding it but rahu as vakri not stated may be the dictum is defined considering the vakri condition

Regards

Swapnil
Swapnil from mumbai looking for future

Lunesoleil

Post by Lunesoleil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: Rahu has two flavours: TRUE vs MEAN!
The mean always recedes, but the TRUE sometimes advances but mostly cedes!
Alone, rahu is negative, and often maligned, but when associated with a strong personal planet, it is an entirely another story!
Hence, the lunar nodes have been called 'surrogates' for planets they are associated with, or the lords of nakshatras and signs they are in.

I use much the axis of the Lunar nodes in my practice of astrology and very often in my thoughts on the four phases of the Lunar
A time of the year we have to develop "Rahu"-related attributes and has another era of "kétu" we are bound constantly between the past/Kétu and present/Rahu.
Kétu/South node is connected to the karmic debts but can be also assistance which will serve as a support in this life. As a planet in conjunction with Rahu will be the individual developing values or is the North/Rahu node which may also be blocking in its rise. This raises very often problem is the planet which will be in the midships of the nodes axis, even with aspects very good between the planets. It can live to a "non-evolution to be" or impossibility to soul to advance on the path of liberation, as condemned to wander on Earth
Lunar nodes axis is a gateway between the sky and the Earth and when the opening is blocked there is an inability to move forward.
In the worst of the themes of birth if the axis of the Lunar nodes serves as support to the evolution, the soul will not hampered in his career.
I have Uranus in conjunction Rahu is the master of Kétu, I have a this impression of something that I had lived in the past, to continue a same struggle, a continuity at my level.
All we can individual experiences that we can share their collective experiences. This makes me think world of Rahu in conjunction a fixed star Antares and Kétu to Aldebaran.
It seems to me that the fixed stars are also used in Vedic astrology?
[initiative]*[décision]*[évaluation]*[réorganisation]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:03 am

Lunesoleil wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: Rahu has two flavours: TRUE vs MEAN!
The mean always recedes, but the TRUE sometimes advances but mostly cedes!

I use much the axis of the Lunar nodes in my practice of astrology and very often in my thoughts on the four phases of the Lunar
A time of the year we have to develop "Rahu"-related attributes and has another era of "kétu" we are bound constantly between the past/Kétu and present/Rahu.
Kétu/South node is connected to the karmic debts but can be also assistance which will serve as a support in this life. As a planet in conjunction with Rahu will be the individual developing values or is the North/Rahu node which may also be blocking in its rise. This raises very often problem is the planet which will be in the midships of the nodes axis, even with aspects very good between the planets. It can live to a "non-evolution to be" or impossibility to soul to advance on the path of liberation, as condemned to wander on Earth
Lunar nodes axis is a gateway between the sky and the Earth and when the opening is blocked there is an inability to move forward.
In the worst of the themes of birth if the axis of the Lunar nodes serves as support to the evolution, the soul will not hampered in his career.
I have Uranus in conjunction Rahu is the master of Kétu, I have a this impression of something that I had lived in the past, to continue a same struggle, a continuity at my level.
All we can individual experiences that we can share their collective experiences. This makes me think world of Rahu in conjunction a fixed star Antares and Kétu to Aldebaran.
It seems to me that the fixed stars are also used in Vedic astrology?
The nakshatra concept of Jyotish, in my meagre understanding (for I cannot double-guess what the intention of the Rishis was, or their perception) is not necessarily of individual stars (fixed stars), although modern astronomers have identified certain nakshatras with individual stars, notable amongst those are Spica-Chitra, Revti-zeta piscicum, Anuradha-Antares, and so on.

The Jyotish nakshatra is a segment of the ecliptic which is 13d20m arc-longitude zone, more than a star. If you dig deeper and wider you will come up with hints and suggestions and recommendations from the cogniscentii about the original nakshatras not being of equal length! But no one has demonstrated any utility or improved performance if using those different from mainstream view concepts!

Nakshatras form almost a distinct set of zones, comparable to the signs or rashis. The two JOIN in navamsha (novile) for each quarter of a nakshatra aligns perfectly with a navamsha and there is also a 'connection' between navamsha and dreshkaana (decanate)! These have practical implications as has been described here and elsewhere before, several times.

Regards,
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi ,
I remember  starting a thread on AKs where i did mention abour Rahul AK as per my understanding
http://mysticboard.org/ve ... c&start=20

Rahu :-
This is one of the interesting AKs and quite extreme in its behavior and reactions.
I have noticed people with Rahu AK behave in quite similar manner in terms of their reactions.
I have seen people to be able to create their own world in their mind just like illusion(which generally may be different from general perception) and live by it and react as per it .

Be it their inclination and belief towards materialistic life or spirituality,
their reaction will be quite apparent and big or we can say extreme.

In one of the place PVR Narasimha Ra ji said that :- Rahu can make native spiritual or criminal.So again extreme and
I would say i can agree to his statement.

When a planet is Atmakaraka(AK) it tends to show its very basic pattern in native's nature and behaviour and Rahu is known for expanding the extend of any planet and also for creating illusion and when Rahu is AK it tends to show both the properties in the native.

Rahu as AK makes the native restless from inside and there is some battle which may goes inside the native, which results in making native suspicious.. And this suspicion acts like catalyst for their reaction.

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.:-)

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Above mentioned is about my understanding of Rahu AK  natives.

Instead of putting up behaviour of Rahu AK native on some other planet who is nakshatra lord or rashi lord of
Rahu i would prefer going back to basics of RAHU.. coz i feel ATMA KARAKA mainly resides inside the native in its original form
i.e in its NATURAL most basic form thus it would show wats deep within the planet.

For example :- Mercury wud show lott of nerve energy.. now nerve energy is basic and others are derivation.. like FAST speaking.. quick thinking etc.

Similarly as said by Rohiniranjan ji that rahu has 2 faces mean and true.. thus Rahu wud show its basics inside a native..
Rahu is also known for elevating the property be it any property..
I have seen Rahu AKs having a type of extremism in their behaviour.
Generally moon -rahu combination does givv ALLOOTT of emotion and sometimes uncontrolled emotions inside a native..

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Raman,

The absence of yours at being away from MB was a continuing in Jyotish thinking.
You were busy with the day to day mundane life, which helped in shoving Jyotish thinking more behind the conscious mind; and you came up with some brilliant answers!

That's learning too.....!   I am sure Dada will have a better 'expression' for it.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:13 am

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi ,
I remember  starting a thread on AKs where i did mention abour Rahul AK as per my understanding

This is one of the interesting AKs and quite extreme in its behavior and reactions.
I have noticed people with Rahu AK behave in quite similar manner in terms of their reactions.
I have seen people to be able to create their own world in their mind just like illusion(which generally may be different from general perception) and live by it and react as per it .

In one of the place PVR Narasimha Ra ji said that :- Rahu can make native spiritual or criminal.So again extreme and

When a planet is Atmakaraka(AK) it tends to show its very basic pattern in native's nature and behaviour and Rahu is known for expanding the extend of any planet and also for creating illusion and when Rahu is AK it tends to show both the properties in the native.

Rahu as AK makes the native restless from inside and there is some battle which may goes inside the native, which results in making native suspicious.. And this suspicion acts like catalyst for their reaction.

Suspicious or sceptical?
With low tolerance for "CRAP" particularly if associated with a strong planet! And not afraid to "think out of the box"

Purrhaps...?

Just a thought...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Yep i would agree to it...
They hav their OWN defined
process of thinking and yess they would b bind to it irrespective of support by anyone. ..

Thats wat is common between a saint and a criminal. Some how both think that they are right and not just to justify to people
BUT from inside they think they are on right path.Atma Karaka rahu
makes them think off the track or out of the box as said by RR ji.I wont say BEYOND normal people but yes definetely
different from them.

Regards,
Raman Deep Singh

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Suspicious or sceptical?
With low tolerance for "CRAP" particularly if associated with a strong planet! And not afraid to "think out of the box"

Purrhaps...?

Just a thought...!

Sani, the friend of Rahu, also the significator of stability would decide whether the Rahu atmakarak native would be suspicious or sceptical; rather flighty in practical terms or not.

The Sani should be reasonably strong + unafflicted thru conjunction and or aspects.

I wonder?! Though its from practical experience...

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:12 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Suspicious or sceptical?

Purrhaps...?

Just a thought...!

Sani, the friend of Rahu, also the significator of stability would decide whether the Rahu atmakarak native would be suspicious or sceptical; rather flighty in practical terms or not.

The Sani should be reasonably strong + unafflicted thru conjunction and or aspects.

I wonder?! Though its from practical experience...

RishiRahul
or jupiter, or mars, or mercury. All can be seen. Venus and lights, not so much in my experience and obsrvation.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”