House Divisions in Vedic & Astrology Classics

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:Thanks for nice links, however 'Tetrabiblos' was difficult to find on wilbourhall website, yes,

http://www.sacred-texts.com/astro/ptb/index.htm

is easy link, but can read only in online.

Do follow the links given by Vinay Jha ji. You will get a better explanative version.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2012 12:21 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:...

Vinay ji...liquid...Tsunami......!

I have made my day!

Soon, I would be posting a study on 'Progressions' and 'retrogression' in the western astrology forum which I promised to do so in the ..mystic reality....with a link in Vedic forum.

It is not ayanamsa sensitive, but when we go further to house cusps..... it would be ayanamsa sensitive.

I f there are at least Dada's and Vinay ji's support/participation in this, it would be productive; of course others should please help too.

Young minds and unbiased minds are required for such studies............!

Rishi
HULLO!

Like I said, what I wrote was neither directed at Vinay_ji directly or indirectly, as has been misunderstood by you! Hence I must 'clear the air', as the expression goes!!

I was simply talking about the Earth and its reality! :-(

Good luck with your project and sharing about ayanamsha, progressions and retrogression! One sensitive to ayanamsha, the other equally and simultaneously co-occuring and zodiac-insensitive and hence beyond the 'grip' of ayanamsha!

Please let us know when you have posted your report/explorations.

Love, Light, Astrology,

Dear Dada,

I did not mean to  hurt anyone.  Just a pun!

It is not my finding, but an age old western theory well applied to western & eastern; with scope of further research.

Small ayanamas differences may not hold meaning but sharply different ones like sayan & Nirayan.

Rishi

Rishi_ji,

I love your 'boyish' charm but when it comes to Jyotish, Vinay_ji is very serious and sincere and so am I, despite my apparent 'mirthfulness'!

I notice that my 'baby and the bathwater' sharing addressed at him and the rest, from earlier today (May 3rd, 2012) has 'disappeared' from the forum! Although after 'submitting' it, I did check to see if it was showing up! At that time it was!!

And we were given to believe that messages cannot get deleted on this forum! Perhaps only be members...? ;-)

MAYA teray KITNAY ROOP...!

Love and Light!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 04, 2012 5:47 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:...

Vinay ji...liquid...Tsunami......!

I have made my day!

Soon, I would be posting a study on 'Progressions' and 'retrogression' in the western astrology forum which I promised to do so in the ..mystic reality....with a link in Vedic forum.

It is not ayanamsa sensitive, but when we go further to house cusps..... it would be ayanamsa sensitive.

I f there are at least Dada's and Vinay ji's support/participation in this, it would be productive; of course others should please help too.

Young minds and unbiased minds are required for such studies............!

Rishi
HULLO!

Like I said, what I wrote was neither directed at Vinay_ji directly or indirectly, as has been misunderstood by you! Hence I must 'clear the air', as the expression goes!!

I was simply talking about the Earth and its reality! :-(

Good luck with your project and sharing about ayanamsha, progressions and retrogression! One sensitive to ayanamsha, the other equally and simultaneously co-occuring and zodiac-insensitive and hence beyond the 'grip' of ayanamsha!

Please let us know when you have posted your report/explorations.

Love, Light, Astrology,

Dear Dada,

I did not mean to  hurt anyone.  Just a pun!

It is not my finding, but an age old western theory well applied to western & eastern; with scope of further research.

Small ayanamas differences may not hold meaning but sharply different ones like sayan & Nirayan.

Rishi

Rishi_ji,

I love your 'boyish' charm but when it comes to Jyotish, Vinay_ji is very serious and sincere and so am I, despite my apparent 'mirthfulness'!

I notice that my 'baby and the bathwater' sharing addressed at him and the rest, from earlier today (May 3rd, 2012) has 'disappeared' from the forum! Although after 'submitting' it, I did check to see if it was showing up! At that time it was!!

And we were given to believe that messages cannot get deleted on this forum! Perhaps only be members...? ;-)

MAYA teray KITNAY ROOP...!

Love and Light!

Dear Dada,

Thank you for the boyish charm bit :), but believe me; I am quite serious Jyotisher too, but more jack of all trades type!

I have no clue regarding the message of baby and bath water getting deleted.
I did spam to the spam forum some posts of Joe and related.

You can of course repost it.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2012 11:20 am

Maybe my earlier posting got scythed too by REFRESH! Which is not very refreshing to know, but I now understand the SYSTEM better!
I was just agreeing with Vinay_ji's posting about the importance of reading old texts like of Ptolemy etc which might have incorporated some observations etc of other cultures and while the books of those cultures might have dropped off some of those facts from their currently available versions of the text (Indian in this instance), the lost gems might be recovered from a reading of such 'foreign' literature.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Maybe my earlier posting got scythed too by REFRESH! Which is not very refreshing to know, but I now understand the SYSTEM better!
I was just agreeing with Vinay_ji's posting about the importance of reading old texts like of Ptolemy etc which might have incorporated some observations etc of other cultures and while the books of those cultures might have dropped off some of those facts from their currently available versions of the text (Indian in this instance), the lost gems might be recovered from a reading of such 'foreign' literature.

In an intense moment of mine: 2 things.

(1) Mirthfulelness and boyish charm can be good departure from Seriousness; like very serious movies had some lighter moments around.
It can be a good quality to ingest for Serious Jyotishers.  I am remembering Vinayji now.

(2) The word 'scythed' reminds me of number 13. Now I understand 13 better. Thanks for the lead.

These are where you teach me....unknowingly.

Thanks,

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2012 6:45 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Maybe my earlier posting got scythed too by REFRESH! Which is not very refreshing to know, but I now understand the SYSTEM better!

(1) Mirthfulelness and boyish charm can be good departure from Seriousness; like very serious movies had some lighter moments around.
It can be a good quality to ingest for Serious Jyotishers.  I am remembering Vinayji now.

(2) The word 'scythed' reminds me of number 13. Now I understand 13 better. Thanks for the lead.

Thanks,

Rishi
Good Heavens NO! Me and teach...!! :-)
But since you are in intensity now, Scythe also means cutting, like a surgeon does or a farmer. Either way, it is a huge responsiblity on the cutter's shoulders, if you think about it!

Did you know that 13 represents Rahu...?

Love, Light, Learning!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Yes Dada, this is exactly what I mean. Rev E. Burgess, the commentator of Suryasiddhanta, wrote that the Greeks have never made any original contribution to astronomy (and astrology), they got everything from the East (Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, etc). I do not care for who borrowed or stole from whom, what I know for certain is the proven fact that Astrology has a common source and available data convinces me that this source was India, or to be more exact Vedic Culture which was spread in a vast belt in the so-called pre-historic times. Bulk of Egyptian and Sumerian gems in astrology lies unattended because all the experts hate astrology, like the so-called Indologists who cannot digest Indian astrology. These evolutionists cannot imagine anything intelligent in ancient civilizations.

-VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:
Yes Dada, this is exactly what I mean. Rev E. Burgess, the commentator of Suryasiddhanta, wrote that the Greeks have never made any original contribution to astronomy (and astrology), they got everything from the East (Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, etc). I do not care for who borrowed or stole from whom, what I know for certain is the proven fact that Astrology has a common source and available data convinces me that this source was India, or to be more exact Vedic Culture which was spread in a vast belt in the so-called pre-historic times. Bulk of Egyptian and Sumerian gems in astrology lies unattended because all the experts hate astrology, like the so-called Indologists who cannot digest Indian astrology. These evolutionists cannot imagine anything intelligent in ancient civilizations.

-VJ

I have a naive, some would say irrational, belief that certain things in the creation are indeed special and preserved by the Divine Intelligence. It may get shattered, lie dormant, but somewhere, somehow it appears and arises again to the surface. It does take a long long time though. I feel (no objective evidence or one I looked for, really!) that astrology falls in that category, as does 'democracy'!

Lot of people hold a lot of anxiousness about astrology falling in the hands of Kupatras and so on and being misused, or stolen. But sometimes such an act of stealing (borrowing without permission or knowledge of the owner!) turns out to be what preserved that particular stolen segment, over time. Now, the stolen object may be a trinket or a big diamond, is not the point...

The Ways of The Divine are Mysterious, and Mystical, as is the entire field of DIVINATION!

Regards as always,
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Fri May 04, 2012 9:14 pm

boyish charm  :smt017 what is it ?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2012 11:13 pm

biltu wrote:boyish charm  :smt017 what is it ?
A 'demonstration', if I may, Biltu and I hope it does not make you think any less of me than you already do!  :smt003

"THANK GODDESS BILTU that you took down that distracting AVATAR of yours...!" <LOL>

Love, Light, Young forever! <NOT!>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sat May 05, 2012 4:00 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:

-VJ

I have a naive, some would say irrational, belief that certain things in the creation are indeed special and preserved by the Divine Intelligence. It may get shattered, lie dormant, but somewhere, somehow it appears and arises again to the surface. It does take a long long time though. I feel (no objective evidence or one I looked for, really!) that astrology falls in that category, as does 'democracy'!

Lot of people hold a lot of anxiousness about astrology falling in the hands of Kupatras and so on and being misused, or stolen. But sometimes such an act of stealing (borrowing without permission or knowledge of the owner!) turns out to be what preserved that particular stolen segment, over time. Now, the stolen object may be a trinket or a big diamond, is not the point...

The Ways of The Divine are Mysterious, and Mystical, as is the entire field of DIVINATION!

Regards as always,
Yes, except at one point : democracy may be the best choice for the time being, but in the long run it is the real Individual &nbsp;and not the motley Crowd who fuels evolution.

BTW, Have you ever tested the efficacy of SBC (Satvatobhadta chakra) over divisional charts?

-VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 05, 2012 5:29 am

Next time around perhaps...? For now, I am complacent with what MA decided to give me to look after, /vinay with...

Love, Light, Reality!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 am

>"Next time around perhaps...?"

In next life...?

-VJ

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 05, 2012 11:38 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks,

Rishi
But since you are in intensity now, Scythe also means cutting, like a surgeon does or a farmer. Either way, it is a huge responsiblity on the cutter's shoulders, if you think about it!

Love, Light, Learning!
Dear Dada,

The higher octave of Rahu/Uranus.

Rahu & Uranus advises 'structure', and to check inclinations to break (scythe...more applicable for the higher octave 13) off from the usual structure.

The person 'scything', the number 13 himself has to take the responsibility, which can be quite heavy for number 13 (wrongly used power).

No wonder we call Shanivad Rahu.

:smt020

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 05, 2012 11:50 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks,

Rishi

Love, Light, Learning!
Dear Dada,

The higher octave of Rahu/Uranus.

Rahu & Uranus advises 'structure', and to check inclinations to break (scythe...more applicable for the higher octave 13) off from the usual structure.

The person 'scything', the number 13 himself has to take the responsibility, which can be quite heavy for number 13 (wrongly used power).

No wonder we call Shanivad Rahu.

:smt020

Rishi
Why leave poor Pluto alone, friend! Let us form the three pairs!

Rahu/Uranus
Ketu/Neptune
Gulika/Pluto!

Shall we change the header, lest the boss gets upset?

Oh but I forgot that YOU ARE the BOSS <LOL>

Love, Light, Levitation!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”