Hora Varga : a two house or a twelve house divisional ?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:05 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
...Kashinath is well tested by me and works quite perfect;...

Rishi
I think you meant Uma Shambhu (you wrote Usha Shashi  :smt004 )!

Anyways, so, in your preferred Kashinath hora arrangement, planets in first half of the 12 signs will be in (aries onwards): scorpio, taurus, virgo, cancer, leo, gemini, libra, aries, pisces, capricorn, aquarius, sagittarius. Right?

Dada,

Yes, you are right; and thanks for correcting me.
I editted my earlier post also.
It is Uma Shambhu; not Usha Shashi.

Regarding Kashinath hora= It is the Kashinath hora given in jhora software.
I am not aware of its exact computation.

Please do not call me a blind follower of Sanjay Rath; I am not. :smt017

Rishi
WHAT...!!

When did I call you blind?  :smt018
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:38 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
...Kashinath is well tested by me and works quite perfect;...

Rishi
I think you meant Uma Shambhu (you wrote Usha Shashi  :smt004 )!

Anyways, so, in your preferred Kashinath hora arrangement, planets in first half of the 12 signs will be in (aries onwards): scorpio, taurus, virgo, cancer, leo, gemini, libra, aries, pisces, capricorn, aquarius, sagittarius. Right?

Dada,

Yes, you are right; and thanks for correcting me.
I editted my earlier post also.
It is Uma Shambhu; not Usha Shashi.

Regarding Kashinath hora= It is the Kashinath hora given in jhora software.
I am not aware of its exact computation.

Please do not call me a blind follower of Sanjay Rath; I am not. :smt017

Rishi
WHAT...!!

When did I call you blind?  :smt018

Oh No! Dada,

You did not at all call me that. :)

I meant this for the others' who read this post.
Actually I follow quite a few things of Sanjay Rath, and disagree with some things too.

All these, only after time  :) testing.
Was just trying o be transparent to myself too....I try to keep politics and Learning aside.

Nice thread of Kashinath Hora, you opened.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: ...
That's life in the impatient Kaliyuga; while people from other yugas can be different, like Vivek ji and me.

No. We may not be from the previous yugas, but later ones; maybe :smt017 :smt003  :smt005

Rishi
I thought we are in Dwapar Yuga! As per the ayanamsha cycle? Yukteshwar ji...??

RJ
Where ever we are now cannot be proved or disproved or established through any amount of logic.

Therefore I mentioned.. 'later yuga' .... for safety/simplicity.

Rishi
If we 'park' the Yugas for a moment, perhaps it becomes easier to *live in the NOW?"  ;-)

:)  What you say is so correct.
Live in the NOW, after learning from the past, and prepare for the future.

Rishi
"Now" is a moment that can only be observed/experienced without the distractions/memories of past or distractions/worries about future!

Give it a try someday, you will see what I mean ;-)

Just living in the 'Now', one will lve more focussed and practical.

I mentioned about the past as some sy that past is not important/forget the past; thus I added my take on the past.

Again some will live the in the present without an eye/care for the future; so I mentioned the future :)

But yes, living in the NOW  is important & best.

Rishi
I did not mean the "now" as recommended in the Charvaak Sidhanta but in the sense as described by Eckhart Tolle! :smt013

Ekhart Tolle===About the power of NOW
To make the journey into The Power of Now we will need to leave our analytical mind and its false created self, the ego, behind. Although the journey is challenging, Eckhart Tolle offers simple language and a question and answer format to guide us. The words themselves are the signposts. For many of us there are new discoveries to be made along the way: we are not our mind; we can find our way out of psychological pain; authentic human power is surrendering to the Now. We also find out that the body is actually one of the keys to entry into a state of inner peace, as are the silence and space all around us. Indeed, access is everywhere available. These access points, or portals, can all be used to bring us into the Now, the present moment, where problems do not exist. It is here we discover that we are already complete and perfect. If we are able to be fully present and take each step in the Now; if we are able to feel the reality of such things as the "inner-body," "surrender," "forgiveness," and the "Unmanifested," we will be opening ourselves to the transforming experience of The Power of Now.

Interesting, and True.... A very Practical way of Living.

If you could also list something of 'Now' in Charvak Sidhhanta?! for my understanding.

Rishi
Last edited by RishiRahul on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Oh No! Dada,

Actually I follow quite a few things of Sanjay Rath, and disagree with some things too.

Was just trying o be transparent to myself too....I try to keep politics and Learning aside.

Rishi
You must be joking, Rishi! Jyotish and politics...? Oil and water <LOL>!

I am glad my irritating pokes moved you from calling your personal testing as "time-tested" (which means tested over time by generations after generation, so long time scale!) to "only after time &nbsp;:) testing"! &nbsp;:smt020

But how can one possibly test anything thoroughly without documenting the findings? Even the most rigorously carried out testing in such instances degrades into what at best is 'anecdotal illustration (not even evidence!)".

Not that there is anything wrong with such undocumented observations that many of us do and sort of get an idea about how we are progressing on the path etc. The problem is that bias creeps in and then folks get oversensitive and touchy and so on. The baby lands on the cold floor with the bathwater in many cases.

Too bad, you are the only person it seems here who has even tested this Kashinath Hora method which you find is almost perfect. I wish there were another person who know the calculation method and could check if my understanding is correct. Anyways, it has always been ekla cholo re on this divinatory-spiritual path for me. I should have gotten used to it in five or so decades, by now. But I am an ordinary worldly mortal and believe in team-work which can be very effective as seen in my other life! &nbsp;:smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:21 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
That's life in the impatient Kaliyuga; while people from other yugas can be different, like Vivek ji and me.

No. We may not be from the previous yugas, but later ones; maybe :smt017 :smt003  :smt005

Rishi

RJ
Where ever we are now cannot be proved or disproved or established through any amount of logic.

Rishi
If we 'park' the Yugas for a moment, perhaps it becomes easier to *live in the NOW?"  ;-)

Rishi
"Now" is a moment that can only be observed/experienced without the distractions/memories of past or distractions/worries about future!

I mentioned about the past as some sy that past is not important/forget the past; thus I added my take on the past.

Again some will live the in the present without an eye/care for the future; so I mentioned the future :)

Rishi
I did not mean the "now" as recommended in the Charvaak Sidhanta but in the sense as described by Eckhart Tolle! :smt013

To make the journey into The Power of Now we will need to leave our analytical mind and its false created self, the ego, behind. Although the journey is challenging, Eckhart Tolle offers simple language and a question and answer format to guide us. The words themselves are the signposts. For many of us there are new discoveries to be made along the way: we are not our mind; we can find our way out of psychological pain; authentic human power is surrendering to the Now. We also find out that the body is actually one of the keys to entry into a state of inner peace, as are the silence and space all around us. Indeed, access is everywhere available. These access points, or portals, can all be used to bring us into the Now, the present moment, where problems do not exist. It is here we discover that we are already complete and perfect. If we are able to be fully present and take each step in the Now; if we are able to feel the reality of such things as the "inner-body," "surrender," "forgiveness," and the "Unmanifested," we will be opening ourselves to the transforming experience of The Power of Now.

If you could also list something of 'Now' in Charvak Sidhhanta?! for my understanding.

Rishi
The book is more powerful than the 'dust cover'! ;-) And a small and pithy one. Ignore the U-tube and CD etc, the blessed gentleman is not really a pleasure to listen to -- better to hold on to the image formed by reading the book! :-(

The younger generation (many now 40 and even 50 year old!) have taken the ancient Charvaak as their guiding light and in a weird sense trust in the immediate gratification of 'living in the now' (a different version)! The not too remote real estate crash in USA is a stark and dire manifestation of the follies ingrained in following that principle that I have always dreaded!!

Some of the ancient things are so amazingly true, such as the frescoes on the walls of Ajanta caves (I saw those long ago in early 70s) and we were amazed to see that modern and ultramodern fashion designs (fabric and coiffurage etc) were either in vogue or within the realm of imagination of those ancient artists! Of course it is possible that modern designers simply copied stuff from there! Plagiarism is not uncommon even in the common man, now a days! &nbsp; :smt010
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:08 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Oh No! Dada,

Rishi
You must be joking, Rishi! Jyotish and politics...? Oil and water <LOL>!

I am glad my irritating pokes moved you from calling your personal testing as "time-tested" (which means tested over time by generations after generation, so long time scale!) to "only after time  :) testing"!  :smt020

But how can one possibly test anything thoroughly without documenting the findings? Even the most rigorously carried out testing in such instances degrades into what at best is 'anecdotal illustration (not even evidence!)".

Not that there is anything wrong with such undocumented observations that many of us do and sort of get an idea about how we are progressing on the path etc. The problem is that bias creeps in and then folks get oversensitive and touchy and so on. The baby lands on the cold floor with the bathwater in many cases.

Too bad, you are the only person it seems here who has even tested this Kashinath Hora method which you find is almost perfect. I wish there were another person who know the calculation method and could check if my understanding is correct. Anyways, it has always been ekla cholo re on this divinatory-spiritual path for me. I should have gotten used to it in five or so decades, by now. But I am an ordinary worldly mortal and believe in team-work which can be very effective as seen in my other life!  :smt004
Dada,

Politics is like Gin/Vodka amongst drinks, as it gets 'married to'/mixes with other so many things.

'Ekla cholo re' (to go alone) has also been the stance followed by me in my western and vedic astrology studies.
In palmistry I had and still have a partner for research.

Since I am not a very strongly technically bent person, I did not/rather was and still am impatient to go to a D charts construction technique; but just tested the ones available at Jhora, to find Kashinath hora more precise than the other.

Thus, still I am still open to trying out new better techniques in hora or other D charts.

Again my stance of 'Ekla Cholo re' was also motivated by seeing people lobbying with their choices, whatever reason it may be for; sometimes they themselves are not aware whose side one is in and what for!?).

Reading anecdotal evidence:= I never felt the need to keep this on record, maybe due to my impatience to prove a theory or just, impatience.

My quest was to attain better predictions through whatever method used.
Maybe sometimes as I go along Life, as I grow and mature I might feel the need to. :smt017

Rishi

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:30 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RJ

Rishi

Rishi

Rishi

Rishi
The book is more powerful than the 'dust cover'! ;-) And a small and pithy one. Ignore the U-tube and CD etc, the blessed gentleman is not really a pleasure to listen to -- better to hold on to the image formed by reading the book! :-(

The younger generation (many now 40 and even 50 year old!) have taken the ancient Charvaak as their guiding light and in a weird sense trust in the immediate gratification of 'living in the now' (a different version)! The not too remote real estate crash in USA is a stark and dire manifestation of the follies ingrained in following that principle that I have always dreaded!!

Some of the ancient things are so amazingly true, such as the frescoes on the walls of Ajanta caves (I saw those long ago in early 70s) and we were amazed to see that modern and ultramodern fashion designs (fabric and coiffurage etc) were either in vogue or within the realm of imagination of those ancient artists! Of course it is possible that modern designers simply copied stuff from there! Plagiarism is not uncommon even in the common man, now a days!   :smt010

:)
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:34 am

Dada,

Politics is like Gin/Vodka amongst drinks, as it gets 'married to'/mixes with other so many things.

'Ekla cholo re' (to go alone) has also been the stance followed by me in my western and vedic astrology studies.

Since I am not a very strongly technically bent person, I did not/rather was and still am impatient to go to a D charts construction technique; but just tested the ones available at Jhora, to find Kashinath hora more precise than the other.

Thus, still I am still open to trying out new better techniques in hora or other D charts.

Again my stance of 'Ekla Cholo re' was also motivated by seeing people lobbying with their choices, whatever reason it may be for; sometimes they themselves are not aware whose side one is in and what for!?).

Reading anecdotal evidence:= I never felt the need to keep this on record, maybe due to my impatience to prove a theory or just, impatience.

Maybe sometimes as I go along Life, as I grow and mature I might feel the need to. :smt017

Rishi
In the kolaahal of company, often the faint refrains of the Universe (Higher Intelligence) become buried. The noise drowns the signal?

So, sometimes the Universe arranges things in such a manner which makes the noise go away or become much diminished and the signal becomes more clearly discerned. Sometimes the noise remains unabated but ones hearing changes or perhaps the wiring in the perceptive part of brain and the noise gets perceived as being distinct from the signal. One then acquires the freedom of choice of choosing either to follow the noise or follow the signal. Initially, or perhaps longer, one chooses to sample those alternately. This is what Thakur in his allegory of the goat tied with a rope in the courtyard is perhaps about.

As I wrote earlier, the goat sometimes begins to see the rope that limits it, as a barrier, an enemy and fights it, chews it, fumes and rants and pants, but forgets that it cannot change the courtyard, nor day-dream about ascension higher than the wall that defines the courtyard and sing "Born Free!!", but rather, the enables the goat to focus itself from being a participant to an observer and it studies the courtyard and all the things in it, their shapes, their relations with other objects, and realizes that its boundaries expand beyond where its four physical limbs can take it to.

This D2 might be a distraction in a sense. It is a shiny apple, tasty and delicious but tell me sincerely (or tell yourself), if Gods of Astrology were to remove all information about D2 from the universe at this instant, would astrologers or astrology minus D2 would really miss it all that much or become severely incapable of figuring out the things that D2 is meant to or claimed to tell us?

Just in the past several decades astrologers in hordes had been lumping all planets in either cancer or leo and still capable of brilliant and more importantly, predictions and advices given to clients who benefited from those. Does this not tell us something important about D2. There are those who are more into archeology and get excited when they find a piece of bone or another relic from an era long gone and then they begin to focus too much on that and begin to imagine about the skeleton that it once belonged. And, then, there are others who praise the work and dedication of these archeologists but must then attend to the living who are "here" and 'suffering'!

Different strokes?

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:40 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Dada,

Rishi
In the kolaahal of company, often the faint refrains of the Universe (Higher Intelligence) become buried. The noise drowns the signal?

So, sometimes the Universe arranges things in such a manner which makes the noise go away or become much diminished and the signal becomes more clearly discerned. Sometimes the noise remains unabated but ones hearing changes or perhaps the wiring in the perceptive part of brain and the noise gets perceived as being distinct from the signal. One then acquires the freedom of choice of choosing either to follow the noise or follow the signal. Initially, or perhaps longer, one chooses to sample those alternately. This is what Thakur in his allegory of the goat tied with a rope in the courtyard is perhaps about.

As I wrote earlier, the goat sometimes begins to see the rope that limits it, as a barrier, an enemy and fights it, chews it, fumes and rants and pants, but forgets that it cannot change the courtyard, nor day-dream about ascension higher than the wall that defines the courtyard and sing "Born Free!!", but rather, the enables the goat to focus itself from being a participant to an observer and it studies the courtyard and all the things in it, their shapes, their relations with other objects, and realizes that its boundaries expand beyond where its four physical limbs can take it to.

This D2 might be a distraction in a sense. It is a shiny apple, tasty and delicious but tell me sincerely (or tell yourself), if Gods of Astrology were to remove all information about D2 from the universe at this instant, would astrologers or astrology minus D2 would really miss it all that much or become severely incapable of figuring out the things that D2 is meant to or claimed to tell us?

Just in the past several decades astrologers in hordes had been lumping all planets in either cancer or leo and still capable of brilliant and more importantly, predictions and advices given to clients who benefited from those. Does this not tell us something important about D2. There are those who are more into archeology and get excited when they find a piece of bone or another relic from an era long gone and then they begin to focus too much on that and begin to imagine about the skeleton that it once belonged. And, then, there are others who praise the work and dedication of these archeologists but must then attend to the living who are "here" and 'suffering'!

Different strokes?

Rohiniranjan

Then every D chart is a distraction in a sense, but the main D1, and maybe D9.

It/they tell more about the main chart; or rather should tell more about the main rasi chart.

Somehow the word 'rasi' being common, I am to believe that Jaimini dasas might help predict Divisional charts better, other than the more visible Vimshottari.

I wonder why Vinay ji is quiet?!

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:30 pm

It/they tell more about the main chart; or rather should tell more about the main rasi chart.

Somehow the word 'rasi' being common, I am to believe that Jaimini dasas might help predict Divisional charts better, other than the more visible Vimshottari.

Rishi
Yes, let us hang all D charts and begin a visharad course in lines and numbers and omens and cards! You are younger and have more mileage left hopefully than me. I don't even have a chance to make it through yet another self-study course and Nalaayak Academies exist galore which I might get thrown out of very quickly for asking the *teachers* questions out of syllabus! It is an old bad habit of mine :-(

There you go again on your romp! Sheesh!!

Far be it for me to guess what he is doing or why he is quiet, but perhaps he is busy, being a man of many parts.

Or perhaps is taking a break from MB where we are talking of all kinds of unapproved things and methodology.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:07 am

Kabira baithe ped par, dekhe charo ore
Yahan bhi dhoom is naam ki, wahan bhi yahi naam!

Isnt it the eternal human desire to find a simple answer amidst the swirling chaos of Jyotish and astrological sutras. One perfect answer applicable to all. A monthly Jyotish meet including people of varieties keep pressing for quick and certain and efficient algorithms.

One query though, why should both 5 and 10 be night time rashis? Or am I mixing up threads..probably I am .

Votive

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:27 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi
Yes, let us hang all D charts and begin a visharad course in lines and numbers and omens and cards! You are younger and have more mileage left hopefully than me. I don't even have a chance to make it through yet another self-study course and Nalaayak Academies exist galore which I might get thrown out of very quickly for asking the *teachers* questions out of syllabus! It is an old bad habit of mine :-(

Far be it for me to guess what he is doing or why he is quiet, but perhaps he is busy, being a man of many parts.

Or perhaps is taking a break from MB where we are talking of all kinds of unapproved things and methodology.
Dada,

D charts matter a lot, even while predicting time. I am researching on this, and the research is not in baby stage any more.
It's unfortunate people stick to Vimshottari and /Nakshatra dasas as its more visible in their minds eye, and try to find all answers from them.
When they do not find logic there, they change ayanamsas, even the sunrise and sunset definitions.

What about Rasi dasas that we have in jhora? The answers lie there.

I would like to repeat something I mentioned elsewhere today:-
Yes, its true that Numerology like astrology has different interpretations.
Palmistry has different interpretations while reading ages; most of them are not wrong; but 1 system is more accurate than the other.
Again, the most accurate system is not given in any book, even Cheiro's books.
We will not be wrong if this logic is applied to astrology too, and maybe other divinations too.

Maybe, if Destiny permits I will write a short book on it when the time is ripe

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:21 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Dada,

D charts matter a lot, even while predicting time. I am researching on this, and the research is not in baby stage any more.
It's unfortunate people stick to Vimshottari and /Nakshatra dasas as its more visible in their minds eye, and try to find all answers from them.
When they do not find logic there, they change ayanamsas, even the sunrise and sunset definitions.

Palmistry has different interpretations while reading ages; most of them are not wrong; but 1 system is more accurate than the other.
We will not be wrong if this logic is applied to astrology too, and maybe other divinations too.

Rishi
Good luck with your endeavour and my best wishes for your future project. But, will you be writing from your notes (documentation) or memory (anecdotal)? The former is a better approach. More convincing too, for the modern readership who are inquisitive, and have learned the scientific way of learning something! Despite what old generations think of, about modern learning methodologies ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Dada,

Rishi
Good luck with your endeavour and my best wishes for your future project. But, will you be writing from your notes (documentation) or memory (anecdotal)? The former is a better approach. More convincing too, for the modern readership who are inquisitive, and have learned the scientific way of learning something! Despite what old generations think of, about modern learning methodologies ;-)

Thank you!

I plan to give a few cases with birth details along with birth registered name and palm prints.

Explain the main events with several D charts (not the extra terrrestrial ones with past life semantics and things which cannot be proved).

I propose to cover all the 3 divinations.

But not sure if my patience would permit though; though its an intention.Do you think its a good idea? Also if it includes the documentation you mentioned?

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:40 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Thank you!

I plan to give a few cases with birth details along with birth registered name and palm prints.

Explain the main events with several D charts (not the extra terrrestrial ones with past life semantics and things which cannot be proved).

I propose to cover all the 3 divinations.

But not sure if my patience would permit though; though its an intention.Do you think its a good idea? Also if it includes the documentation you mentioned?

Rishi
Well, Rishi, as you probably know, I am not a writer (in jyotish etc fields) and never felt moved to be one. But the process, like many other processes of human endeavour are of interest to me, as a topic of observation at least. Including writing!

Long ago I read a pocket book about writers and writing and in it one thing hit the spot and I clearly recall. It forbade all who wish to be writers to never discuss their plot (not necessarily a bad word! Use schema if that sounds and feels better!) with anyone, at least not until they finish writing up a satisfactory draft!

The reasoning given was this: All authors are really story-tellers and have a story to share. It is the sharing that motivates them, and if they happen to tell the story to someone -- anyone, then the urge to write wanes or even goes away! The story risks never getting written down as a consequence!

There is nothing secretive or maladaptive or frivolous about that approach!

So, before you say anything further, have you written down a satisfactory draft of the story that you wish to tell?

Love and Light,

Dada
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”