Hora Varga : a two house or a twelve house divisional ?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:There was a wrong D-2 in JHora under Preferences > Related to Calculations > As recommended by Vinay Jha

I checked JHora after Rishi Ji's question above, and finding error in JHora, I informed PVR Narasimha Rao, and he corrected it yesterday. I do not know when his next release will be uploaded.

But the correct D-2 is already in JHora under all sorts of calculation options (Drik or SSS) : it is the first option in D-2, named Uma-Shambhu. In my view, this name is misleading, because its is original Parashari Hora.

vj

Dear Vinayji,

Refreshing my memory, we are talking of Uma Shambhu hora I presume.
Did Narasimha ji correct it already or in the next release?
:smt017
Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:42 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...
Dear Vinayji,

Rishi
Hi,

Is this US hora the same as the one I talked about in the starting message in thread 78484?

"The other series is more attractive (to me, anyway!)
Aries: Aries, Taurus
Taurus: Cancer, Gemini
Gemini: Leo, Virgo
and so on...
"

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Rishi ji, You missed mt staement, which I repeat : "the correct D-2 is already in JHora under all sorts of calculation options (Drik or SSS) : it is the first option in D-2, named Uma-Shambhu. In my view, this name is misleading, because its is original Parashari Hora."

The error in JHora was under my name which he has now corrected, but so-called Uma-Shambhu D2 was already correct. But this name "Uma-Shambhu is misleading, because some users think it is a new invention, although PVR also calls it "Parashari" D-2 which is same as my view.

Rohini Da, I do not know how to find out  " thread 78484" because I have nver tried to find out past threads in MB. I am trying to learn it.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:Rishi ji, You missed mt staement, which I repeat : "the correct D-2 is already in JHora under all sorts of calculation options (Drik or SSS) : it is the first option in D-2, named Uma-Shambhu. In my view, this name is misleading, because its is original Parashari Hora."

The error in JHora was under my name which he has now corrected, but so-called Uma-Shambhu D2 was already correct. But this name "Uma-Shambhu is misleading, because some users think it is a new invention, although PVR also calls it "Parashari" D-2 which is same as my view.

Rohini Da, I do not know how to find out  " thread 78484" because I have nver tried to find out past threads in MB. I am trying to learn it.

VJ

Yes, I understood now, Vinay ji!
Thanks for explaining :)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:51 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Dear Vinayji,

Rishi
Hi,

Is this US hora the same as the one I talked about in the starting message in thread 78484?

and so on...
"

So we have US hora and the new hora explained in red. Lets call it/refer to it as RR hora.

Let us apply the chart given towards the begining of this thread:
Again I present here a chart of a native, having authentic birth data.
8 May 1970 at 19.33 hrs in London.
This native won above a 100 crore rupees in a court case in 2005/6.

The native won treble the amount, again in a litigation at end 2014/early 2015.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:47 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Dear Vinayji,

Rishi
Hi,

and so on...
"

So we have US hora and the new hora explained in red. Lets call it/refer to it as RR hora.

Rishi
You misunderstood me! So what is new <LOL>!

I do not care about name and fame in the field of astrology or politics of astrology...! What achievements I had to gain in life are already behind me and those had nothing to do with astrology or divination or mysticism or other spiritual fields. I hope I am not coming across as arrogant, but all this is not such a big deal for me but more swanta-sukhaaya. It pleases me!

We had already discussed this classification that I associated based on a simple and obvious basis which was shared in that other thread from before and you had tested it and found that it made sense!

Love, Light, Levity!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:13 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...Let us apply the chart given towards the begining of this thread:

Rishi
This has been already discussed using different approaches by both me and Vinay ji. Look at posting #13 and higher of:

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=78484

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:33 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Dear Vinayji,

Rishi
Hi,

and so on...
"

Rishi
You misunderstood me! So what is new <LOL>!

I do not care about name and fame in the field of astrology or politics of astrology...! What achievements I had to gain in life are already behind me and those had nothing to do with astrology or divination or mysticism or other spiritual fields. I hope I am not coming across as arrogant, but all this is not such a big deal for me but more swanta-sukhaaya. It pleases me!

We had already discussed this classification that I associated based on a simple and obvious basis which was shared in that other thread from before and you had tested it and found that it made sense!

Love, Light, Levity!

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

This is not about your name or fame in astrology; but just simplicity in referring to it.

I do remember the earlier post very much,and I had every inclination to experiment, which did not happen then.

I wish it happens THIS TIME :)

Now I wonder if I have got things right.....
You said:
and so on...

So a planet in 10 degrees Leo would be in Cancer Hora or Libra Hora?
And is it possible to make a summary of all the 12 rasis (other than just Aries to Gemini..... just for me trying to follow it?

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:32 pm

RishiRahul wrote:... just for me trying to follow it?

Rishi

has everything and spelt out rather clearly. It should be easily understandable! It is rather simple once the logic of the sine-wave is understood. Btw, I have stopped worrying about the dynamics of resistance as it prevails in astrology aficionados! Rather interesting actually! Recently saw that on western side as well, though of a different flavour! Someday we should find time to discuss that with their astrological correlates! <LOL>

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:... just for me trying to follow it?

Rishi

has everything and spelt out rather clearly. It should be easily understandable! It is rather simple once the logic of the sine-wave is understood. Btw, I have stopped worrying about the dynamics of resistance as it prevails in astrology aficionados! Rather interesting actually! Recently saw that on western side as well, though of a different flavour! Someday we should find time to discuss that with their astrological correlates! <LOL>

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan

I am aware of the 'dynamics of resistance' feature in human beings.

Unfortunately I do not let it affect my astrological growth, as it does to many; this is one reason I do not liberally discuss technicals always.

I guess I am opening up slowly with my oncoming mercury mahadasa &nbsp;:smt020 ..

I know you do not like spoon-feeding, but would be glad if you reply to my query, just for once.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
I am aware of the 'dynamics of resistance' feature in human beings.

Unfortunately I do not let it affect my astrological growth, as it does to many; this is one reason I do not liberally discuss technicals always.

I guess I am opening up slowly with my oncoming mercury mahadasa  :smt020 ..

I know you do not like spoon-feeding, but would be glad if you reply to my query, just for once.

Rishi
Rishi,

It was nothing personal; I often share general statements which at times rub some individuals the wrong way. That is okay! I am too old to change my ways and style! Hey, being human, I am resistant too -- at times! <LOL>

Jyotish has become a rich breeding ground for innovative explanations, and so I cannot say I dislike entirely your cautionary approach. But, the amount of focus this hora thing is receiving is unnecessary. More importantly it might lead to someone running off with the wrong impression that D2 in isolation is a big deal in practical astrology. It is NOT! Just like combustion is NOT, a yoga is NOT, etc etc!

The basis of my utilizing or figuring out this hora layout was given in that thread and was based on hints given in BPHS where D2 is described. Simple premise was related to odd:male:sun; even:female:moon.

I will skip the details and get to what you are really seeking:

AriTauCanGem ... SagCapPisAqu is the order I use.
AriTauGemCan ... SagCapAquPis has been used by some and might have some merit too.

Try it, and if it works for you, consider it; if not, there is a tonne of choice on the Jyotish buffet! ;-)

It is rather simple so please let us not drag it on....?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

he RR Hora mentioned above was made

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:25 pm

The "RR Hora" &nbsp;mentioned above &nbsp;was made &nbsp; "VJ-Hora" (Vinay Jha D2) by PVR in JHora, but now my D@-settings have been corrected by PVR to what RR ji calls US hora, although I call it the original Indian hora.

JHora contains RR ji's preference of D2. But I found it to be correct only in 50% cases, ie for odd D1 signs. Even D2 signs have REVERSE order of signs and deities in following divisionals : 2, 7, 9, 10, 16, 20, 24, 27 , 30 and 60 vargas. Only D-30's reverse ordering has been preserved from tradition because it was difficult and unique, other reversely ordered divisionals have been misinterpreted by commentators, although the varga chapter in BPHS clearly mention reverse ordering in many verses. I have tested all possibilities for decades.

vj
Last edited by Vinay Jha on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Re: he RR Hora mentioned above was made

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:T
_/\_
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:10 am

RR ji

You were too fast, the letter &nbsp;"T" &nbsp;was sent accidentally, and before I could edit and re-send it, you responded within seconds ! I fear you missed the full answer I sent here.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:RR ji

You were too fast, the letter  "T"  was sent accidentally, and before I could edit and re-send it, you responded within seconds ! I fear you missed the full answer I sent here.

VJ
I was off-duty (this place!) when you posted and read this morning, naturally! Thanks for kindly reminding though! I am, after all, getting long in the tooth, as they say and grateful for any and all help from younger (relatively speaking) members of the Divination Community ;-)

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”