Hora Varga : a two house or a twelve house divisional ?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Very nice and informative sharing, Vinay ji. Thanks!
Whether BPHS is new or old but re-discovered newly, I personally owe a lot to it because it is thorough, detailed, beautifully organized and as I was beginning to learn astrology pretty much by some inner urge and without the benefit of ambience (no one around me or in family, lineage etc was an astrologer, palmist, divinator etc), BPHS did help tremendously and was a life-saver. So, whosoever its original author was or composers/compilers were, he/they did a marvelous job. If I can, anyone can learn enough of astrology for it to provide illumination on this earthly journey darkened by uncertainties of all kind.

Modern worldly human being appears to be entirely subscribed to what I call an old mainframe type of living. Time-slices comprise our lives as we run from task to task, responsibility to another, seeking pleasure or running away from pain. Jyotish occupies a small or large slice in the lives of most. Sadly, they fail is appreciating the universality of its application and of its symbolism!

Keep writing, keep sharing.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:30 pm

BPHS is not a new thing, even Varaha Mihira had mentioned it. I highlighted the fact that works by rishis are not the basis of mediaeval and modern Vedic Astrology, except in recent decades when Parashara ji is again returning to limelight.
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:46 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:I am unfortunate that my use of terms like RR-hora or US-hora were taken too seriously by RR ji.

Rishi Ji, names matter. Wrong nomenclature leads to a perception that Uma-Shambhu hora is a non-Parashari modern invention, although even PVR calls it "Parashari" hora. I fail to understand why it is called "Uma-Shambhu" by a handful of moderners.

VJ
Vinay ji,

Names are what a person is KNOWN by; thus it is important.

The hora mentioned by RR ji is not known by RR hora; but I was referring to it as RR for ease at referring to it while experimenting, very temporarily, and no nomenclature was done/given/made.

I could have called it 'experiment' too or maybe something else like x, p or r.

Rishi
Last edited by RishiRahul on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: ...
That's life in the impatient Kaliyuga; while people from other yugas can be different, like Vivek ji and me.

No. We may not be from the previous yugas, but later ones; maybe :smt017 :smt003  :smt005

Rishi
I thought we are in Dwapar Yuga! As per the ayanamsha cycle? Yukteshwar ji...??

RJ
Where ever we are now cannot be proved or disproved or established through any amount of logic.

Therefore I mentioned.. 'later yuga' .... for safety/simplicity.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:30 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
That's life in the impatient Kaliyuga; while people from other yugas can be different, like Vivek ji and me.

No. We may not be from the previous yugas, but later ones; maybe :smt017 :smt003  :smt005

Rishi

RJ
Where ever we are now cannot be proved or disproved or established through any amount of logic.

Rishi
If we 'park' the Yugas for a moment, perhaps it becomes easier to *live in the NOW?"  ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:34 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:I am unfortunate that my use of terms like RR-hora or US-hora were taken too seriously by RR ji.

Rishi Ji, names matter. Wrong nomenclature leads to a perception that Uma-Shambhu hora is a non-Parashari modern invention, although even PVR calls it "Parashari" hora. I fail to understand why it is called "Uma-Shambhu" by a handful of moderners.

VJ
Vinay ji,

Names are what a person is KNOWN by; thus it is important.

The hora mentioned by RR ji is not known by RR hora; but I was referring to it as RR for ease at referring to it while experimenting, very temporarily, and no nomenclature was done/given/made.

I could have called it 'experiment' too or maybe something else like x, p or r.

Rishi
Let us just call it MBH or MBeH and remove the person-specificity to be replaced by location (MB) and status (e for evocative? It sure seems to have activated a lot of exchanges here! Maybe 'e' for exchange!)   :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RJ

Rishi
If we 'park' the Yugas for a moment, perhaps it becomes easier to *live in the NOW?"  ;-)

:)  What you say is so correct.
Live in the NOW, after learning from the past, and prepare for the future.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:00 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RJ

Rishi
Also, in the Yuga belief, there is no earlier or later, for it is a circular matter! What was earlier will be now, again, later! ;-) I think Yukteshwara ji's writings refer to a sub-yuga system as well, kind of like mahadasa-antardasa-pratyantar...etc. So, just like now a days KP uses sub-sub-sub... etc, one can create a software for creating finer and finer sub-yugas until one ends up with the moment that we call now! <LOL>

In bangla there is a saying: Math-a nai taar Matha-betha...! Well befitting the Kaliyugis for whom Parashara ji specially created the Ashtakavarga system!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:32 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RJ

Rishi

Rishi
"Now" is a moment that can only be observed/experienced without the distractions/memories of past or distractions/worries about future!

Give it a try someday, you will see what I mean ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:BPHS is not a new thing, even Varaha Mihira had mentioned it. I highlighted the fact that works by rishis are not the basis of mediaeval and modern Vedic Astrology, except in recent decades when Parashara ji is again returning to limelight.
The word "New" was not meant to imply something that got written in the past few hundred years, or even the past couple of thousand! Oral tradition is a reality and is seen globally, in so called developed cultures as well as not so developed tribal cultures as University Professors portray those as, despite the rich content of wisdom in the folklore of so called aborigines.

In India, we grew up believing in and respecting oral tradition as a given reality and worthy of attention and what better way to genuinely respect someone or something, than to pay attention to same?

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:38 am

RishiRahul wrote:
...Kashinath is well tested by me and works quite perfect;...

Rishi
I think you meant Uma Shambhu (you wrote Usha Shashi  :smt004 )!

Anyways, so, in your preferred Kashinath hora arrangement, planets in first half of the 12 signs will be in (aries onwards): scorpio, taurus, virgo, cancer, leo, gemini, libra, aries, pisces, capricorn, aquarius, sagittarius. Right?

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:35 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RJ

Rishi
Also, in the Yuga belief, there is no earlier or later, for it is a circular matter! What was earlier will be now, again, later! ;-) I think Yukteshwara ji's writings refer to a sub-yuga system as well, kind of like mahadasa-antardasa-pratyantar...etc. So, just like now a days KP uses sub-sub-sub... etc, one can create a software for creating finer and finer sub-yugas until one ends up with the moment that we call now! <LOL>

In bangla there is a saying: Math-a nai taar Matha-betha...! Well befitting the Kaliyugis for whom Parashara ji specially created the Ashtakavarga system!

Seems practical.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:41 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RJ

Rishi

Rishi
"Now" is a moment that can only be observed/experienced without the distractions/memories of past or distractions/worries about future!

Just living in the 'Now', one will lve more focussed and practical.

I mentioned about the past as some sy that past is not important/forget the past; thus I added my take on the past.

Again some will live the in the present without an eye/care for the future; so I mentioned the future :)

But yes, living in the NOW  is important & best.

Rishi

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:00 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
...Kashinath is well tested by me and works quite perfect;...

Rishi
I think you meant Uma Shambhu (you wrote Usha Shashi  :smt004 )!

Anyways, so, in your preferred Kashinath hora arrangement, planets in first half of the 12 signs will be in (aries onwards): scorpio, taurus, virgo, cancer, leo, gemini, libra, aries, pisces, capricorn, aquarius, sagittarius. Right?

Dada,

Yes, you are right; and thanks for correcting me.
I editted my earlier post also.
It is Uma Shambhu; not Usha Shashi.

Regarding Kashinath hora= It is the Kashinath hora given in jhora software.
I am not aware of its exact computation.

Please do not call me a blind follower of Sanjay Rath; I am not. :smt017

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:03 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RJ

Rishi

Rishi

Just living in the 'Now', one will lve more focussed and practical.

I mentioned about the past as some sy that past is not important/forget the past; thus I added my take on the past.

Again some will live the in the present without an eye/care for the future; so I mentioned the future :)

But yes, living in the NOW  is important & best.

Rishi
I did not mean the "now" as recommended in the Charvaak Sidhanta but in the sense as described by Eckhart Tolle! :smt013
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”