Hora Varga : a two house or a twelve house divisional ?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: he RR Hora mentioned above was made

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:The "RR Hora"  mentioned above  was made   "VJ-Hora" (Vinay Jha D2) by PVR in JHora, but now my D@-settings have been corrected by PVR to what RR ji calls US hora, although I call it the original Indian hora.

RR: US was a contraction for Usha-Shambhu, a term used by either you or Rishirahul. There is no RR Hora, at least not patented. Not sure why folks are making this such a huge deal. I thout it was just Rishirahul jestingly calling it so! I mean, hopefully it was just in jest ;-?

JHora contains RR ji's preference of D2. But I found it to be correct only in 50% cases, ie for odd D1 signs. Even D2 signs have REVERSE order of signs and deities in following divisionals : 2, 7, 9, 10, 16, 20, 24, 27 , 30 and 60 vargas. Only D-30's reverse ordering has been preserved from tradition because it was difficult and unique, other reversely ordered divisionals have been misinterpreted by commentators, although the varga chapter in BPHS clearly mention reverse ordering in many verses. I have tested all possibilities for decades.

RR: I am not a JHora user or advisor etc, so it must have been their independent decision.
I can understand your using the opposite flow of energy in yin rashis. I will try it someday. Maybe Rishirahul can test it out in his example chart or perhaps you can, time and willingness-permitting, using just the OIH. It would illustrate the hora as well as the importance of hora varga in financial astrology. Does that make sense?

vj
Answers above in Holy color. It is after all around Holi!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:Rishi ji, You missed mt staement, which I repeat : "the correct D-2 is already in JHora under all sorts of calculation options (Drik or SSS) : it is the first option in D-2, named Uma-Shambhu. In my view, this name is misleading, because its is original Parashari Hora."

The error in JHora was under my name which he has now corrected, but so-called Uma-Shambhu D2 was already correct. But this name "Uma-Shambhu is misleading, because some users think it is a new invention, although PVR also calls it "Parashari" D-2 which is same as my view.

Rohini Da, I do not know how to find out  " thread 78484" because I have nver tried to find out past threads in MB. I am trying to learn it.

VJ
Since you ask, there are two ways, one using the search option provided by MB, or secondly, by clicking on the link that I had provided, in one or more of the earlier postings. The search option sometimes brings up too many possibilities, many of little relevance to what one is searching.

The problem with posting a link (by copying the URL string of the displayed thread) too has a problem that it opens up the starting message of a thread. If the relevant message is within the thread then generally one has to manually count and give the message number. I don't think the individual message numbers (e.g., 14th message in a thread with thirty messages!) are indexed in MB, so that poses problems and demotivates the marginally-interest or super-busy folks! :-/

[Add: This is what I earlier provided:
http://mysticboard.org/ve ... l?p=306051

The p=306051, I suspect refers to the individual messages and shows up for each message when a reply is being posted. However, it did not work when one is in the 'read mode'

Anyways, internet messages are rarely read more than once by most and like John the talk-show host on 580CFRA says, he ignores reading any mail that is more than 6 lines long on his screen -- probably internet readers do same, as well!]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:36 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:The "RR Hora"  mentioned above  was made   "VJ-Hora" (Vinay Jha D2) by PVR in JHora, but now my D@-settings have been corrected by PVR to what RR ji calls US hora, although I call it the original Indian hora.

RR: US was a contraction for Usha-Shambhu, a term used by either you or Rishirahul. There is no RR Hora, at least not patented. Not sure why folks are making this such a huge deal. I thout it was just Rishirahul jestingly calling it so! I mean, hopefully it was just in jest ;-?

JHora contains RR ji's preference of D2. But I found it to be correct only in 50% cases, ie for odd D1 signs. Even D2 signs have REVERSE order of signs and deities in following divisionals : 2, 7, 9, 10, 16, 20, 24, 27 , 30 and 60 vargas. Only D-30's reverse ordering has been preserved from tradition because it was difficult and unique, other reversely ordered divisionals have been misinterpreted by commentators, although the varga chapter in BPHS clearly mention reverse ordering in many verses. I have tested all possibilities for decades.

RR: I am not a JHora user or advisor etc, so it must have been their independent decision.
I can understand your using the opposite flow of energy in yin rashis. I will try it someday. Maybe Rishirahul can test it out in his example chart or perhaps you can, time and willingness-permitting, using just the OIH. It would illustrate the hora as well as the importance of hora varga in financial astrology. Does that make sense?

vj
I named it RR hora, not for the world or to boost RR ji's ego, but just to make it easy to refer to while experimenting it loudly; which I propose doing soon on the above given chart.
Just as many astrologers would like to have something named after them, RR ji does  not have any special need/desire for this, I am sure.

@ Vinayji= Thank you for explaining that Uma Shambhu hora is Parashari hora.
Whats in a name? As long as the hora works.....for the person :)

@ RR ji (Dada)=My laid-back mind has become so much software dependant  that it is really difficult/painful to try out these complicated, reverse types manually.
Thanks to adapting to the progressive cyber world  :smt003

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
I am aware of the 'dynamics of resistance' feature in human beings.

Unfortunately I do not let it affect my astrological growth, as it does to many; this is one reason I do not liberally discuss technicals always.

I guess I am opening up slowly with my oncoming mercury mahadasa  :smt020 ..

I know you do not like spoon-feeding, but would be glad if you reply to my query, just for once.

Rishi
Rishi,

It was nothing personal; I often share general statements which at times rub some individuals the wrong way. That is okay! I am too old to change my ways and style! Hey, being human, I am resistant too -- at times! <LOL>

Jyotish has become a rich breeding ground for innovative explanations, and so I cannot say I dislike entirely your cautionary approach. But, the amount of focus this hora thing is receiving is unnecessary. More importantly it might lead to someone running off with the wrong impression that D2 in isolation is a big deal in practical astrology. It is NOT! Just like combustion is NOT, a yoga is NOT, etc etc!

The basis of my utilizing or figuring out this hora layout was given in that thread and was based on hints given in BPHS where D2 is described. Simple premise was related to odd:male:sun; even:female:moon.

I will skip the details and get to what you are really seeking:

AriTauCanGem ... SagCapPisAqu is the order I use.
AriTauGemCan ... SagCapAquPis has been used by some and might have some merit too.

Try it, and if it works for you, consider it; if not, there is a tonne of choice on the Jyotish buffet! ;-)

It is rather simple so please let us not drag it on....?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Hey! Thats okay; We are all human after all :smt003

I will try it certainly soon......

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:58 pm

I am unfortunate that my use of terms like RR-hora or US-hora were taken too seriously by RR ji.

Rishi Ji, names matter. Wrong nomenclature leads to a perception that Uma-Shambhu hora is a non-Parashari modern invention, although even PVR calls it "Parashari" hora. I fail to understand why it is called "Uma-Shambhu" by a handful of moderners.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:08 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Dada,

Rishi
Are we...? After coming to west, I learned to my utmost relief that we are really "emancipated disembodied spirits living a physical (embodied) experience". I said to myself, "Oh trash it! I will just christen it: Human Experience"! &nbsp;:smt020

Sun (the prime giver) is the source of energy which is received by Saturn (prime taker)! An alternative scheme replaces Saturn with moon, based on eclipse phenomenon! One can possibly apply the model to other planets as well, all of which are essentially takers of solar energy. Takers and transformers?

By the way, before you rush forth with this hora thing, read Shri Jha's recent posting about the OI Hora with odds moving opposites to even in the bicyclic progression. So it could be a bit more complicated than 1/2-4/3-5/6-... but something different. He did mention that JH gives the correct progression which he too uses.

Perhaps you should verify with Jha ji; I could have misunderstood what he really meant.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:I am unfortunate that my use of terms like RR-hora or US-hora were taken too seriously by RR ji.

Rishi Ji, names matter. Wrong nomenclature leads to a perception that Uma-Shambhu hora is a non-Parashari modern invention, although even PVR calls it "Parashari" hora. I fail to understand why it is called "Uma-Shambhu" by a handful of moderners.

VJ
No no, Vinay bhai, though I have held on to 'sincerity', tooth and nail, I realized long ago that it does not behoove any of us to hang on to seriousness on internet! In this realm of MAYA, only levity keeps us afloat, not the leaden anchor of seriousness! We express via mercury while keeping Saturn under the wraps! :-)

Both Uma and Shambhu are Divine names and beloved to many of us!

Jai Mahakaal!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:26 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

vj
I named it RR hora, not for the world or to boost RR ji's ego, but just to make it easy to refer to while experimenting it loudly; which I propose doing soon on the above given chart.
Just as many astrologers would like to have something named after them, RR ji does  not have any special need/desire for this, I am sure.

@ Vinayji= Thank you for explaining that Uma Shambhu hora is Parashari hora.
Whats in a name? As long as the hora works.....for the person :)

@ RR ji (Dada)=My laid-back mind has become so much software dependant  that it is really difficult/painful to try out these complicated, reverse types manually.
Thanks to adapting to the progressive cyber world  :smt003

Rishi
It had to do with my current karmic lifeplan (karmic, not KARMIC! ;-))
Photography is all about the right exposure, is it not? Particularly avoiding overexposure when the ambient light is Type-A and unfriendly...! <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Dada,

Rishi
Are we...? After coming to west, I learned to my utmost relief that we are really "emancipated disembodied spirits living a physical (embodied) experience". I said to myself, "Oh trash it! I will just christen it: Human Experience"!  :smt020

Sun (the prime giver) is the source of energy which is received by Saturn (prime taker)! An alternative scheme replaces Saturn with moon, based on eclipse phenomenon! One can possibly apply the model to other planets as well, all of which are essentially takers of solar energy. Takers and transformers?

By the way, before you rush forth with this hora thing, read Shri Jha's recent posting about the OI Hora with odds moving opposites to even in the bicyclic progression. So it could be a bit more complicated than 1/2-4/3-5/6-... but something different. He did mention that JH gives the correct progression which he too uses.

Perhaps you should verify with Jha ji; I could have misunderstood what he really meant.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

In that case Dada, I will only work on supposed US hora and Kashinath Hora for now.

Untill Vinay ji helps me make the other hora.

Surely he will read this post, which is meant for him too; rather posts are meant for all readers, and the person addressed :smt017

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:59 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Dada,

Rishi
Are we...? After coming to west, I learned to my utmost relief that we are really "emancipated disembodied spirits living a physical (embodied) experience". I said to myself, "Oh trash it! I will just christen it: Human Experience"!  :smt020

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

In that case Dada, I will only work on supposed US hora and Kashinath Hora for now.

Surely he will read this post, which is meant for him too; rather posts are meant for all readers, and the person addressed :smt017

Rishi
I doubt that folks ever read older posts etc which contain rather important and valuable nuggets. Including your and Vivek's dedicated area for learners. I see hardly any of those resurface, and most of the 'bumping' is seen in the "give me a reading" theme!

RJ
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Dada,

Rishi

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
I doubt that folks ever read older posts etc which contain rather important and valuable nuggets. Including your and Vivek's dedicated area for learners. I see hardly any of those resurface, and most of the 'bumping' is seen in the "give me a reading" theme!

RJ

That's life in the impatient Kaliyuga; while people from other yugas can be different, like Vivek ji and me.

No. We may not be from the previous yugas, but later ones; maybe :smt017 :smt003 &nbsp;:smt005

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:30 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...
That's life in the impatient Kaliyuga; while people from other yugas can be different, like Vivek ji and me.

No. We may not be from the previous yugas, but later ones; maybe :smt017 :smt003  :smt005

Rishi
I thought we are in Dwapar Yuga! As per the ayanamsha cycle? Yukteshwar ji...??

RJ
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:04 am

RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi
Why do we need so many types of Hora? Some of the commercial software too have a few horas and dreshkanas etc. Looks like for the past hundred-two hundred years, jyotishis had been either using multiple horas, secretively or not at all. Suddenly in past thirty years or so, all these novel options are surfacing and coming and going, getting replaced by newer options. Does it not strike anyone as rather unusual? It is not as if, suddenly the average performance of jyotishis has suddenly sky-rocketed as one would expect, now that software and all these newer variations and options are readily available. I wonder, how many even try these out. I used to frequent photography forums (my hobby) and there too I see this same tendency. Newer cameras come out which are loaded with options that most photographers, by their admission, never use or even try, but still each manufacturer brings out several newer models. It is true that there are technological evidence of progress in that field and one can definitely see evidence of progress in the equipment, in the ease of taking pictures and modifying and improving those in a way more simpler form than old days of slogging in darkrooms and bending over the enlarger easel and then being subjected to toxic chemical fumes and touch, not to mention polluting the sewer system with those nefarious chemicals.

Where is the evidence that the work of astrologers has grown easier and better from unearthing of these new techniques or new-found awareness of older techniques being interpreted correctly now, as we hear? I know this is a sensitive issue and I am speaking very generally, so Rishi, you or anyone should not feel the need to be upset or affronted.

I am just trying to understand why I am not seeing the performance explosion in the field of jyotish through all these innovations or introduction of old techniques? &nbsp;:smt017

What I see, though, is an increase in the levels of confusion of all kinds in the internet and who knows probably in the great silent unwashed outside internet too?

RJ
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:01 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi
Why do we need so many types of Hora? Some of the commercial software too have a few horas and dreshkanas etc. Looks like for the past hundred-two hundred years, jyotishis had been either using multiple horas, secretively or not at all. Suddenly in past thirty years or so, all these novel options are surfacing and coming and going, getting replaced by newer options. Does it not strike anyone as rather unusual? It is not as if, suddenly the average performance of jyotishis has suddenly sky-rocketed as one would expect, now that software and all these newer variations and options are readily available. I wonder, how many even try these out. I used to frequent photography forums (my hobby) and there too I see this same tendency. Newer cameras come out which are loaded with options that most photographers, by their admission, never use or even try, but still each manufacturer brings out several newer models. It is true that there are technological evidence of progress in that field and one can definitely see evidence of progress in the equipment, in the ease of taking pictures and modifying and improving those in a way more simpler form than old days of slogging in darkrooms and bending over the enlarger easel and then being subjected to toxic chemical fumes and touch, not to mention polluting the sewer system with those nefarious chemicals.

Where is the evidence that the work of astrologers has grown easier and better from unearthing of these new techniques or new-found awareness of older techniques being interpreted correctly now, as we hear? I know this is a sensitive issue and I am speaking very generally, so Rishi, you or anyone should not feel the need to be upset or affronted.

I am just trying to understand why I am not seeing the performance explosion in the field of jyotish through all these innovations or introduction of old techniques?  :smt017

What I see, though, is an increase in the levels of confusion of all kinds in the internet and who knows probably in the great silent unwashed outside internet too?

RJ

You are correct in all these points. There are too many horas springing up. It looks like Hora has got a bright marketing avenue.

I am very comfortable with the hora I follow:
The cancer Leo Parahari Hora and the Kashinath hora.

Kashinath is well tested by me and works quite perfect; but the flexible me is always on the lookout for something better; Mercury is inquisitive after all..!

I have heard a lot about Usha shashi (sorry, Uma Shambhu)/original parashari hora (whatever it is called); and also the new one which I was calling RR.

Rishi
Last edited by RishiRahul on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:53 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Why do we need so many types of Hora? Some of the commercial software too have a few horas and dreshkanas etc. Looks like for the past hundred-two hundred years, jyotishis had been either using multiple horas, secretively or not at all. Suddenly in past thirty years or so, all these novel options are surfacing and coming and going, getting replaced by newer options. Does it not strike anyone as rather unusual? It is not as if, suddenly the average performance of jyotishis has suddenly sky-rocketed as one would expect, now that software and all these newer variations and options are readily available. I wonder, how many even try these out. I used to frequent photography forums (my hobby) and there too I see this same tendency. Newer cameras come out which are loaded with options that most photographers, by their admission, never use or even try, but still each manufacturer brings out several newer models. It is true that there are technological evidence of progress in that field and one can definitely see evidence of progress in the equipment, in the ease of taking pictures and modifying and improving those in a way more simpler form than old days of slogging in darkrooms and bending over the enlarger easel and then being subjected to toxic chemical fumes and touch, not to mention polluting the sewer system with those nefarious chemicals.

I am just trying to understand why I am not seeing the performance explosion in the field of jyotish through all these innovations or introduction of old techniques?  :smt017

RJ
RR Ji is correct, but I have to add some points.

Scrutiny of mediaeval literature shows that D-1 was the only divisional chart which ruled on all horoscopes, and out of the remaining fifteen divisionals, only the two deities (but not the 12-house chart) of D-2 and sometimes D-9 were used by a few. Other divisionals were utterly neglected. In my article published in Gitapress's Kalyan magazine's Jyotisha special annual issue of 2014, I explained this phenomenon to be a result of modern worldly man's preoccupation with Body (D-1), Wealth (D-2) and Marriage (D-9).

With the advent of computers and astrological softwares, however, other divisionals and other neglected tools became readily available to astrologers.

But as Rohiniranjan Ji rightly puts it, with so much benefits at the disposal of modern astrologer, we do not see any noticeable rise in performance. On the contrary, it is only CONFUSION which is growing. But I reached at a different conclusion during my investigation into this problem during past four decades (I had started studying astrology in 1975).

If it is to be concluded that lack of improvement in performance of those modern astrologers who are relying on so-called innovations should be taken as an argument in favour of rejecting all innovations, and that we should stick to traditional practices only, then I must add that traditional practice is not 16 divisionals and all those tools described in BPHS, because BPHS itself is a "modern invention" if I am permitted to use the language of  Rohiniranjan Ji used for the tools and techniques described in BPHS. Bhatottapala was a famous astrologer who had written a commentary on Brihat Samhita of Varaha Mihira, and in that commentary Bhatottapala wrote that Varaha Mihira spoke of a Hora-shaastra written by Sage Parashara but Bhatottapala was unable to find that Hora-shaastra ! And the famous modern astrologer Pt Sitaram Jha wrote in his Introduction to his edition of BPHS in 1946 that he was unable to see BPHS during his entire period of studying astrology in Varanasi and could find the first manuscript at the residence of Pt Jeevanath Jha many years after Pt Sitaram Jha had started teaching astrology in Sanskrit institution of Varanasi. Does it not imply that BPHS was not available to all astrologers during entire mediaeval era, although a handful of persons possessed its manuscript ? It clearly proves that the Hora texts of rishis like Bhrigu ji or Parashara ji were not available to traditional astrologers of historical times, and they were using simpler handy books like Jataka-Parijata, Phaladipika, etc etc . However, none of these simpler books were easily available throughout India, yet there was an All-India uniformity in most of the fundamentals of Vedic Jyotisha practiced throughout India even during that Dark Age which some persons wrongly assume to be the period of "traditional" Vedic Jyotisha.

Vedic Jyotisha, by its very definition, is the Jyotisha as taught by Vedic rishis, and not as practiced by Kaliyugi astrologers. PVR Narasimha Rao of JHora had once written that re-appearance of BPHS in recent decades suggests that we are entering into a new Golden Era of Jyotisha (I am expressing his sense in my words, citing his idea and not his exact words).

Beginning of a new era cannot be summed up on the basis of experience of two or three decades of an intermediate transition period, esp the experience of "internet" astrologers most of whom have little or no respect for rishis and their methods. By "respect" I mean actual performance of Rishi-yajna in daily life which is one of the five Pancha-maha-yajnas" supposedly the essential duty of every Hindu.

If  Rohiniranjan Ji's argument about "increase" in performance is taken as such, what is the guarantee that adherence to shortcuts of mediaeval traditions will increase the performance ?

My purpose here is not to start a debate for or against him, I am merely trying to show that the texts of rishis were NOT used by almost all traditional astrologers barring a handful. It is Kaliyuga, when rishis are not followed.

Now let me explain my point about D-2 and similar tools. No variety of D-2 or any divisional or any other chart will show any increase in performance unless and until the prevalent shortcut is completely discarded and the shortcut of BPHS is used. BPHS and other texts by rishis show three methods of Vedic Jyotisha :

(!)
Special methods, such as described in partially available
Bhrigu Samhita, Ravana Samhita, various ancient Nadi granthas, etc, but none of these texts can be used as the basis of a universally available software due to many problems,

(2)
The Standard Method of BPHS which is primarily based on Dashaa-phala to be deduced from DAC (Dashaa-arambha-chakra), but DAC can be constructed only if certain data are known which can be available only if Garbhaadhaana-samskaara is performed and Sootikaa-griha's details are preserved, which no one follows now;

(3)
and the SHORTCUT suggested in BPHS, which is scores of times longer than the prevalent shortcut. This shortcut may be called Parashari, although the rishi says that he invented nothing and presented only what was preached by former masters. Here is the summary of his shortcut which I always use, because I am able to use DAC only in few cases :-

i)
For analysing any event, take D-1 and the relevant divisional, and never base the conclusion on D-1 alone.

ii)

Then, make two Vimshottari tables, based on D-1 and the relevant divisional, on the basis of Moon's Nakshatra in respective divisional chart (BPHS mentions it twice, although some modewrners may call it an "innovation" just because the tradition of Dark Age lacked most of the tools and techniques prescribed by rishis).

iii)
Find out the final strengths of the ruling Vimshottari planets in both tables, and compare the strengths of these planets in D-1 with the strengths in the other divisional. For instance, if you need to analyze career, check D-1 and D-10, and then compare strengths of D-1's MD planet with D-10's MD planet. Use main strength, shadbala (only if main strength is same) and divisional-vimshopaka to get final strengths. For using Vimshottari and similar systems, it must be remembered that the sum total of all positive and negative fruits of all five Vimshottari planets gives the final fruit. Hence, accuracy of birth time is needed, in absence of which we must use some extra tools as shown below.

iv)
Always use Sudarshana Chakra's three charts to judge any particular divisional chart, and never rest the judgment on Lagna Chart alone.

v)
VPC (VArsha Pravesha Chakra) must never be overlooked, because if the Vimshottari planets are stronger in VPC then birthchart is suppressed by VPC. Do not use Tadjik methods, use standard principles of Vedic Jyotisha to analyze VPC (and monthly) charts.

vi)
For better timing of events, use AV (Ashtaka-varga) also.

With the help of computers, it is easy to view all these charts within a few minutes, esp when the astrologer gets accustomed to this SHORTCUT. The prevalent shortcut inherited from Dark Age of Hinduism must be rejected, because it is useful only when the native has a very strong event for which Lagna Chart suppresses the relevant divisional as well as VPC and AV. But if the latter are stronger, then the birthchart is suppressed, and no software or innovation will improve the performance.

Those who differ from me may ignore my views. I have no interest in imposing my views on others.

VJ

Return to “Vedic Astrology”