Hora Varga : a two house or a twelve house divisional ?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Vinay Jha

Hora Varga : a two house or a twelve house divisional ?

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri May 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Namaste All,

Overwhelming number of Vedic astrologers use Hora as a two house divisional, putting all planets in Moon's hora or in Sun's hora. My personal experience is that this method works well. E.g, planets in Moon's hora give boons during tgheir Vimshottari periods.

But is it all about Hora ? At the end of Varga-vivechana-adhyaaya of BPHS, Sage Parashara says that all twelve houses should be made and analyzed. While saying so about all divisional charts, he did not put aside Hora as an exception. In previous chapter, he says that if all ten vargas in Dasha-varga become svavargi, shree-dhaama yoga ensues. But some commentators refute this statement of Sage Parashara on the ground that only Sun and Moon are permitted as lords in D2 (Hora) and only these two planets are excluded from lordship in D30 (Trinshaamsha vatga), hence it is impossible to have svavargis in all ten vargas of Dashavarga. Did Sage Parashara err, or are these commentators erring?

It is wrong to confuse deities of a divisional with lords of its first house. D9 & D12 & D16 and D24 & D30 & D40 have small numbers of deities repeated in succession while D60 & D27 & D20 & D10 & D7 and D4 & D3 and D2 have same number of deities as the number of that varga. It is impossible to correlate Shreedhaama yoga with deities of a varga, because different vargas have different deities. BPHS clearly states that the lord (planet and not the deity) of the first house of D60 is lord of that varga. Hence, the concept of svavarga is based on sva-grihi lagnesha of a varga. The idea of Shreedhaama proves that BPHS advocated a normal 12-house system for D2 as it mentions at the end of Varga-vivechana-adhyaaya. It is improper to take only deities in D2 and antire charts in other vargas. Many astrologers argue that 12-house system should not be used in divisionals except in the case of D1. But BPHS accepts 12-house charts for all divisionals.

Now, the question arises how D2 chart should be drawn. Some divisionals are made irregularly, while majority of divisionals are made through equal division of rashis. In the case of D2, BPHS clearly states that a rashi should be equally divided into two halves. Thus, the D2 chart should be made in the same way used for making D7 or D9 which divide the rashi into equal parts and treat each part as a full house.

The last problem is about timing of events foretold by D2. After decades of trial, I found out that if Suryasiddhantic planetary computations and 360-tithi kunar year is used for all Moon-based dashaas like Vimshottari, perfect timing of events can be achieved which also help in birth-time rectification. Another powerful tool for timing is varshaphala method has sub-periods of 30 degrees (= maasa phala), 2.5 degrees, and so on. Third technique for timing is Transit and Gochara.

This 12 house system was used by astrologers, but was later discarded because most of the astrologers used only D1 and D9. But for analyzing events related to wealth (e.g., financial loss or gain), D2 chart and its vimshottari &c period is the most powerful tool. Finance is one of the most important topics.

JHora-7.52 beta-2 contains this aforementioned option of D2 as "Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2". Its works well with SSS option.

I do not wish to raise controversies with those who have different views. I am merely putting forth my findings after tests and others are free  to neglect my views.

-Vinay jha
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Dear Vinay,

Thank you for this elaborate explanation begun.

The Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2 is also available in 7.4 also. Is it the same?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Re: Hora Varga : a two house or a twelve house divisional ?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Vinay_ji,

Please browse through this thread:

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=78484

Thanks
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 06, 2012 8:17 am

Vinay Jha wrote:Namaste All,

Overwhelming number of Vedic astrologers use Hora as a two house divisional, putting all planets in Moon's hora or in Sun's hora. My personal experience is that this method works well. E.g, planets in Moon's hora give boons during tgheir Vimshottari periods.

But is it all about Hora ? At the end of Varga-vivechana-adhyaaya of BPHS, Sage Parashara says that all twelve houses should be made and analyzed. While saying so about all divisional charts, he did not put aside Hora as an exception. In previous chapter, he says that if all ten vargas in Dasha-varga become svavargi, shree-dhaama yoga ensues. But some commentators refute this statement of Sage Parashara on the ground that only Sun and Moon are permitted as lords in D2 (Hora) and only these two planets are excluded from lordship in D30 (Trinshaamsha vatga), hence it is impossible to have svavargis in all ten vargas of Dashavarga. Did Sage Parashara err, or are these commentators erring?

It is wrong to confuse deities of a divisional with lords of its first house. D9 & D12 & D16 and D24 & D30 & D40 have small numbers of deities repeated in succession while D60 & D27 & D20 & D10 & D7 and D4 & D3 and D2 have same number of deities as the number of that varga. It is impossible to correlate Shreedhaama yoga with deities of a varga, because different vargas have different deities. BPHS clearly states that the lord (planet and not the deity) of the first house of D60 is lord of that varga. Hence, the concept of svavarga is based on sva-grihi lagnesha of a varga. The idea of Shreedhaama proves that BPHS advocated a normal 12-house system for D2 as it mentions at the end of Varga-vivechana-adhyaaya. It is improper to take only deities in D2 and antire charts in other vargas. Many astrologers argue that 12-house system should not be used in divisionals except in the case of D1. But BPHS accepts 12-house charts for all divisionals.

Now, the question arises how D2 chart should be drawn. Some divisionals are made irregularly, while majority of divisionals are made through equal division of rashis. In the case of D2, BPHS clearly states that a rashi should be equally divided into two halves. Thus, the D2 chart should be made in the same way used for making D7 or D9 which divide the rashi into equal parts and treat each part as a full house.

The last problem is about timing of events foretold by D2. After decades of trial, I found out that if Suryasiddhantic planetary computations and 360-tithi kunar year is used for all Moon-based dashaas like Vimshottari, perfect timing of events can be achieved which also help in birth-time rectification. Another powerful tool for timing is varshaphala method has sub-periods of 30 degrees (= maasa phala), 2.5 degrees, and so on. Third technique for timing is Transit and Gochara.

This 12 house system was used by astrologers, but was later discarded because most of the astrologers used only D1 and D9. But for analyzing events related to wealth (e.g., financial loss or gain), D2 chart and its vimshottari &c period is the most powerful tool. Finance is one of the most important topics.

JHora-7.52 beta-2 contains this aforementioned option of D2 as "Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2". Its works well with SSS option.

I do not wish to raise controversies with those who have different views. I am merely putting forth my findings after tests and others are free  to neglect my views.

-Vinay jha

Dear Vinay ji,

A thought provoking and a wonderful post!
I read it again.

My question (earlier in this thread is answered and obvious.
The "Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2" is in both versions of jhora.

I feel that the cancer Leo Hora, as suggested by Parashara is mainly for choosing conditional dasas, and is not a good tool for timing events.

For timing events, the "Kashinath hora", and the "Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2" seems the closest, as per reports from a serious researcher.
I will try the "Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2" with drik, and especially with sss.

Till now, I have not found any hora working favorably, to my satisfaction in terms of timing events.
Luckily I have other tools, beyond the scope of Jyotish to deal with this problem quite satisfactorily.

Also am awaiting to use your software when its ready!!

Again I present here a chart of a native, having authentic birth data.
8 May 1970 at 19.33 hrs in London.
This native won above a 100 crore rupees in a court case in 2005/6.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 06, 2012 5:29 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:Namaste All,

-Vinay jha

Dear Vinay ji,

A thought provoking and a wonderful post!
I read it again.

My question (earlier in this thread is answered and obvious.
The "Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2" is in both versions of jhora.

I feel that the cancer Leo Hora, as suggested by Parashara is mainly for choosing conditional dasas, and is not a good tool for timing events.

For timing events, the "Kashinath hora", and the "Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2" seems the closest, as per reports from a serious researcher.
I will try the "Parivritti-dwaya(bicyclical) D2" with drik, and especially with sss.

Till now, I have not found any hora working favorably, to my satisfaction in terms of timing events.
Luckily I have other tools, beyond the scope of Jyotish to deal with this problem quite satisfactorily.

Also am awaiting to use your software when its ready!!

Again I present here a chart of a native, having authentic birth data.
8 May 1970 at 19.33 hrs in London.
This native won above a 100 crore rupees in a court case in 2005/6.

Rishi

I will take a look at this and post my observations in the other Hora thread where an alternative Hora order that I have found useful was shared. I am not sure nor have searched if it is used by others or not, but my basis was simply linking Hora with the gender or binary perspective. Since that is different from what is being discussed on this thread, I would not like to get the readers confused...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 06, 2012 7:07 pm

I will take a look at this and post my observations in the other Hora thread where an alternative Hora order that I have found useful was shared. I am not sure nor have searched if it is used by others or not, but my basis was simply linking Hora with the gender or binary perspective. Since that is different from what is being discussed on this thread, I would not like to get the readers confused...

Could this be used for timing events? I still have this in mind.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 06, 2012 10:41 pm

RishiRahul wrote:I will take a look at this and post my observations in the other Hora thread where an alternative Hora order that I have found useful was shared. I am not sure nor have searched if it is used by others or not, but my basis was simply linking Hora with the gender or binary perspective. Since that is different from what is being discussed on this thread, I would not like to get the readers confused...

Rishi
Rishi,

I believe that components of jyotish can be view in a holographic sense. Timing is an integral part of astro-indications and therefore it is not just transits, or progressions that give valuable hints in that somewhat elusive entity called 'switching' of or alignment of factors. So in tat sense, I think the answer would be yes..
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 07, 2012 2:54 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:I will take a look at this and post my observations in the other Hora thread where an alternative Hora order that I have found useful was shared. I am not sure nor have searched if it is used by others or not, but my basis was simply linking Hora with the gender or binary perspective. Since that is different from what is being discussed on this thread, I would not like to get the readers confused...

Rishi
Rishi,

I believe that components of jyotish can be view in a holographic sense. Timing is an integral part of astro-indications and therefore it is not just transits, or progressions that give valuable hints in that somewhat elusive entity called 'switching' of or alignment of factors. So in tat sense, I think the answer would be yes..

Thanks,

I will look at your analysis in the Hora Varga thread!!

Thanks,

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

APL4444

Lyer Chart

Post by APL4444 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Lately, I have heard from several astrologer the LYER version of the D-2 chart. Do any of you know anything about it?

How can I obtain a copy of it?

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:34 am

Thanks Vinay Jha for wonderful post...
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:45 am

Namaste,

Rishi Ji's case (8 May 1970 at 19.33 hrs in London. This native won above a 100 crore rupees in a court case in 2005/6 ) :

(I was away from MB and other groups, except FB, for a long time, hence dilay in responding)

I dislike the shortcut based on a single chart. Here I am presenting the  SHORT-CUT I use, which is based on in BPHS's second part.

D-1 Vimshottari = Sat:Sat ; Saturn neecha and combust in exalted 10L Sun seated in 7H with combust 8L+11L Mercury. Since both Mercury and Saturn are combust, Sun seizes their powers and rules on their houses. Sun has 69% neutral aspect on 2H. Hence, Saturn is benefic for 2H due to Sun's influence. Moreover, deity of Saturn and all its conjuncts (Sun and Mercury) is Moon, ie, they are in Chandra-Hora, which is good for qwealth.

D-2 Vimshottari = Moon:Merc. Moon in 4H as 3L, but fast friend of 2H. Merc is 2L + 5L, retro but combust in 4L Sun. Saturn 9L+10L is also combust there. Hence, Sun is effective for wealth, which is in Chandra Hora. Mars and Venus sit in 2H, both in Chandra Hora, although not strong. None of these planets is strong enough to ensure huge rise in wealth, but all these effective planets (Sun, Venus, Mars) are in Chandra Hora which is good for wealth. Moon chart is useless in SC (Sudarshana Chankra) here because Sun sits in Lagna.

In VPC (Varsha Pravesha Chakra) of 2004-5, 2L Venus is 9L too and is sitting in own sign in 10H, while in SK  (Surya Kundali) svagrihi Venus sits in 2H, while in CK  (Chandra Kundali) 2L Saturn is conjunct with svagrihi Venus.

2005-6, 11L Venus sits in own sign in 7H, conjunct with exalted Moon. In SK (Surya Kundali), Venus + Moon sit in 2H, while in CK (Chandra Kundali) they are in lagna while yoga giver Saturn sits in 2H as 9L+10L.

Thus, D-1 of both years are good, but due to bhaavaheena condition 2004-5 is less benefic. D-2 decides the issue : D-2 of VPC in 2004-5 is bad while D-2 of VPC of 2005-6 has lagna-lord Moon in own sign in lagna (generally astrologers do not use divisionals in VPC or annual charts) which makes it effective in SC (Sudarshana Chakra) and makes SK useless. Bhaavabala of 2H in D-2 of VPC is +57 in 2005-6.

Gochara :
Jupiter is 2L in D-1, and is Amatya-kaaraka also (ie, kaaraka of 2H+12H, see my article on Chara-Kaarakas), and it is natural kaaraka of wealth too. In 2005-6, it was in same house as in birthchart, hence benefic for wealth. AV auspicious rekhaas of D-1 were very high nearabout August in 2006, and good in some other earlier months. I will not talk about AV of D-2 or other divisionals because astrologers will go wild with anger.

CONCLUSION :

When various charts give only positive or only negative fruits, the fruits accumulate. In such cases, even if a single chart does not give a very strong fruit, the cumulative fruit may be strong. In the absence of DAC (Dasha Arambha Chakra, which is immensely difficult to make), we must always use SC instead of LK (Lahna Chakra) only. To it, add VPC and AV also in order to arrive at some reliable conclusion : this is the gist of second part of BPHS for Kaliyugi mortals like us. The standard method in first part of BPHS is primarily based on dashaa-phalas which use DAC. If we use dashaas for birthcharts, then the above mentioned shortcut of second part of BPHS must be used.

PS:-
I forgot to add in my initial article in this thread that the use of 12-house divisionals is substantiated twice in dashaa-phala chapter of BPHS when Venus and Mercury are said to be in 6th and 8th houses from Sun, which is impossible in D-1 and can be possible only in some divisionals.

Rishi Ji says he has not found any type of D-2 to be satisfactory. The reason is no divisional or other chart will work satisfactorily in all cases unless or until the COMPREHENSIVE approach is adopted. Astrology must not be over-simplified, as has been done during past one millenium of slavery. But now we can use computers, hence there is no need of using those simplified and crude methods with computers.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR

Vinay Jha

Re: Lyer Chart

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:55 am

APL4444 wrote:Lately, I have heard from several astrologer the LYER version of the D-2 chart. Do any of you know anything about it?
How can I obtain a copy of it?
It is not  "Lyer"  but  "Iyer".

There is a thread at india divine titled "The Teachings of Iyer - Divisionals" which actually do not advocate anything new and repeat the popular vnotions about BPHS :-

http://www.indiadivine.org/content/topi ... visionals/

There, Mrs Wendy wrongly writes : "nowhere does he refer to bhavas or bhava lords in connection with Divisionals/Vargas."

I have already mentioned in my initial article here that this chapter of BPHS clearly talks about twelve-houses in divisionals.

VJ

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:09 am

Dear Vinay ji,

Welcome after a long time.
Nice explanations! but since I will be traveling for sometime, I will get back to MB  in 2-3 days.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:32 am

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Vinay ji,

Welcome after a long time.
Nice explanations! but since I will be traveling for sometime, I will get back to MB  in 2-3 days.

Rishi
Dear Vinay ji,

Which D2 are you using? Is this D2 included in jhora?
It is always good to learn something from you.

RishiRahul

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:25 am

There was a wrong D-2 in JHora under Preferences > Related to Calculations > As recommended by Vinay Jha

I checked JHora after Rishi Ji's question above, and finding error in JHora, I informed PVR Narasimha Rao, and he corrected it yesterday. I do not know when his next release will be uploaded.

But the correct D-2 is already in JHora under all sorts of calculation options (Drik or SSS) : it is the first option in D-2, named Uma-Shambhu. In my view, this name is misleading, because its is original Parashari Hora.

vj

Return to “Vedic Astrology”