L-9 in radix lagna with neecha status

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

fivezero7

L-9 in radix lagna with neecha status

Post by fivezero7 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi all.
I have come across some horoscopes which show this very interesting situation.

For a Scorpio lagna horoscope, yogakaraka L-9 is Moon. We know Moon is of neecha status in Scorpio sign. Now Moon is in radix lagna in this horoscope.

Similarly, I saw another one where lagna is Virgo and yogakaraka L-9 Venus is in radix lagna with neecha status.

Another one which I noticed is Cancer lagna where yogakaraka L-5 and L-10 Mars is in lagna with neecha status.

In such cases how the effect of these planets can be determined?
Would they give their usual neecha results or will they give better results because of L-9/L-5 situated in lagna? :smt017

Any views and observations are welcome.

Thanks.

Rohiniranjan

Re: L-9 in radix lagna with neecha status

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:23 am

fivezero7 wrote:Hi all.
I have come across some horoscopes which show this very interesting situation.

For a Scorpio lagna horoscope, yogakaraka L-9 is Moon. We know Moon is of neecha status in Scorpio sign. Now Moon is in radix lagna in this horoscope.

Similarly, I saw another one where lagna is Virgo and yogakaraka L-9 Venus is in radix lagna with neecha status.

Another one which I noticed is Cancer lagna where yogakaraka L-5 and L-10 Mars is in lagna with neecha status.

In such cases how the effect of these planets can be determined?
Would they give their usual neecha results or will they give better results because of L-9/L-5 situated in lagna? :smt017

Any views and observations are welcome.

Thanks.

I wouldn't claim that I have made a thorough, well-planned, well-documented research of this which I have noted as well, as must have all jyotishis. Hard to miss the seeming paradox.

Anedcotally, it seems to represent what I call a 'karmic reboot' yoga, if you like labels and such! It is like a computer reboot!

The current lifetime is a window in the journey of the atma (carnate divinity-non-duality!) to start from scratch and create a new karmic trace! Such an individual must be taught self-discipline and good sanskaars implanted by parents so that the individual has well-developed confidence and self-worth and at times must overcome physical challenges or deficiencies to create new Bhagya! In some senses it is reflective of a 'null-state', a beginning of a new race (as in 'run' and not in the racial sense!!)

Love and Light,
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

fivezero7

Post by fivezero7 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: I wouldn't claim that I have made a thorough, well-planned, well-documented research of this which I have noted as well, as must have all jyotishis. Hard to miss the seeming paradox.

Anedcotally, it seems to represent what I call a 'karmic reboot' yoga, if you like labels and such! It is like a computer reboot!

The current lifetime is a window in the journey of the atma (carnate divinity-non-duality!) to start from scratch and create a new karmic trace! Such an individual must be taught self-discipline and good sanskaars implanted by parents so that the individual has well-developed confidence and self-worth and at times must overcome physical challenges or deficiencies to create new Bhagya! In some senses it is reflective of a 'null-state', a beginning of a new race (as in 'run' and not in the racial sense!!)

Love and Light,
thanks for the reply Rohiniranjan ji.

I am not a big fan of labels ;-) it is hard to remember them. :)

although, I have seen that this placement (L-9 in lagna) does make a person religious (or spiritual depending on the other grahas in the chart) and also lucky in a way that he is a bit better as compared to the family tradition and circumstances.

to add to that some of the generic bad effects of a neecha graha are also seen. e.g. neecha shukra making delays in marriage, finicky and nit picking nature, skin problems to some extent.
but being a benefic by nature and in the kanya lagna, it does show some improved luck and significations related to house 9.

all in all, in such a case we have to dig deep into the nativity and see what is the effect which is being produced. is it overall bad or overall good. what do you think about it?

also, should these neecha planets be checked in navamsha to see their standing there? e.g. if this shukra is in pisces (exalted) or taurus/libra(own) or capricorn/aquarius(great friend's rashi) then should it be treated as corrected and giving more positive results instead of negative?

thanks for your patience Rohiniranjan ji. :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:45 am

fivezero7 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: I wouldn't claim that I have made a thorough, well-planned, well-documented research of this which I have noted as well, as must have all jyotishis. Hard to miss the seeming paradox.

Love and Light,
thanks for the reply Rohiniranjan ji.

I am not a big fan of labels ;-) it is hard to remember them. :)

although, I have seen that this placement (L-9 in lagna) does make a person religious (or spiritual depending on the other grahas in the chart) and also lucky in a way that he is a bit better as compared to the family tradition and circumstances.

to add to that some of the generic bad effects of a neecha graha are also seen. e.g. neecha shukra making delays in marriage, finicky and nit picking nature, skin problems to some extent.
but being a benefic by nature and in the kanya lagna, it does show some improved luck and significations related to house 9.

all in all, in such a case we have to dig deep into the nativity and see what is the effect which is being produced. is it overall bad or overall good. what do you think about it?

also, should these neecha planets be checked in navamsha to see their standing there? e.g. if this shukra is in pisces (exalted) or taurus/libra(own) or capricorn/aquarius(great friend's rashi) then should it be treated as corrected and giving more positive results instead of negative?

thanks for your patience Rohiniranjan ji. :)

Thanks! I will be terse! ;-)
One the one hand you seem to understand and believe in the importance of the whole chart and the co-ligated unfolding/expression of karma, yet you remain tied with this bottom-line actuarial mentality of "overall" good or bad! Why? If an exalted malefic in 10th brings about a rise in career but kills an ailing mother in its period, is it bad or good and how does one determine this illusive but comforting materialistic term: overall...?

You display a similar 'tendency' (for want of a better term) when on the one hand you claim to not be good with labels or labels not something you lean towards, but yet you are so enamoured by the labels uchha-neecha, as if they are a major make and break in level-headed, comprehensive jyotish analysis and synthesis! Case in point, being, shadbala matrix! Analyse how much importance, proportionately lies with the ucchha neecha! :-)

Best regards,
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

fivezero7

Post by fivezero7 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:08 am

Rohiniranjan wrote: Thanks! I will be terse! ;-)
One the one hand you seem to understand and believe in the importance of the whole chart and the co-ligated unfolding/expression of karma, yet you remain tied with this bottom-line actuarial mentality of "overall" good or bad! Why? If an exalted malefic in 10th brings about a rise in career but kills an ailing mother in its period, is it bad or good and how does one determine this illusive but comforting materialistic term: overall...?

You display a similar 'tendency' (for want of a better term) when on the one hand you claim to not be good with labels or labels not something you lean towards, but yet you are so enamoured by the labels uchha-neecha, as if they are a major make and break in level-headed, comprehensive jyotish analysis and synthesis! Case in point, being, shadbala matrix! Analyse how much importance, proportionately lies with the ucchha neecha! :-)

Best regards,
Hmm. :)
Thanks for the reply again, Rohiniranjan ji.
Actually this is the dilemma which I face when I see a chart and someone asks me about it.
Now I generally prefer talking in detail, but many times the other person is not interested to hear that.
He is interested to hear only the outcome or a very exact yes or no. :)
May be that's why I am also a bit immature in using these terms and deviating from the larger picture again and again.

Should I use shadbala matrix more in these cases? I have to learn about it as I am not very proficient in it.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:34 am

fivezero7 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: Thanks! I will be terse! ;-)

Best regards,
Thanks for the reply again, Rohiniranjan ji.
Actually this is the dilemma which I face when I see a chart and someone asks me about it.
Now I generally prefer talking in detail, but many times the other person is not interested to hear that.
He is interested to hear only the outcome or a very exact yes or no. :)
May be that's why I am also a bit immature in using these terms and deviating from the larger picture again and again.

Should I use shadbala matrix more in these cases? I have to learn about it as I am not very proficient in it.

If you still have to 'learn about it', then why are you asking whaere to use it or what for? ;-)

Interesting!  This seems to be the general pattern here from beginners! They have what I call, Jyotish indigestion!

Because they bite more than they can chew and digest! ;-)

Don't mind me! I am an aged curmudgeon with a dry humour!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

fivezero7

Post by fivezero7 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:46 am

Rohiniranjan wrote: If you still have to 'learn about it', then why are you asking whaere to use it or what for? ;-)

Interesting!  This seems to be the general pattern here from beginners! They have what I call, Jyotish indigestion!

I mean I have read about it but haven't used it many times as I should to improve accuracy.

And I didn't mind at all, your age and humor is easily evident on forum. :-D
I don't think that creates a problem for me getting some gyan from an experienced person. :)
After all, chelas become gurus after such treatment only. :-D

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 am

fivezero7 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: If you still have to 'learn about it', then why are you asking whaere to use it or what for? ;-)

I mean I have read about it but haven't used it many times as I should to improve accuracy.

And I didn't mind at all, your age and humor is easily evident on forum. :-D
I don't think that creates a problem for me getting some gyan from an experienced person. :)
After all, chelas become gurus after such treatment only. :-D

Well in that case some free advice which I have given to others as well!

The best (only?) gyan comes through actual experience and not from parroting out what one reads or hears from someone else! Internet is full of people who pick on certain jyotish terms and lingo and begin asking questions and demanding proof. This is neither the high path nor the low path but the null-path! The highway of the lazy and indolent! There is no progress, understanding or gyan possible when travelling on the null-path! It is travelled by sitting in an armchair and rocking! Lots off action, and stationary movement, but zero progress! ;-)

As far as this 'chela-guru' thing, well... I do not wish to offend anyone's sentiments! <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

fivezero7

Post by fivezero7 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: Well in that case some free advice which I have given to others as well!

The best (only?) gyan comes through actual experience and not from parroting out what one reads or hears from someone else! Internet is full of people who pick on certain jyotish terms and lingo and begin asking questions and demanding proof. This is neither the high path nor the low path but the null-path! The highway of the lazy and indolent! There is no progress, understanding or gyan possible when travelling on the null-path! It is travelled by sitting in an armchair and rocking! Lots off action, and stationary movement, but zero progress! ;-)

As far as this 'chela-guru' thing, well... I do not wish to offend anyone's sentiments! <LOL>
What do you suggest, how should a person like me having only 3-4 years of casual self study in this field should progress?
Should I stop asking these things on the forum and trying to understand more experienced user's opinions? And should I just start relying on the study from books and then try to verify the rules and subtleties by studying the actual nativities?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 am

fivezero7 wrote: ...

What do you suggest, how should a person like me having only 3-4 years of casual self study in this field should progress?
Should I stop asking these things on the forum and trying to understand more experienced user's opinions? And should I just start relying on the study from books and then try to verify the rules and subtleties by studying the actual nativities?
If I were you, I would first focus on the cyan! Then the green!! Then the red!!!

Now does that mean that you must learn about Chromology in order to get to the heart of Jyotish?

But, every bit helps...!

Love, Light, Opening!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

FWIW...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:15 am

While I was growing up, not quite a teenager, in quaint India (well not all that quaint! It was the 60's really ... on one side jyotish or more truly divination and on the other hand that adventure tale about three boys! Coral Island! Ultimate freedom tale! Do read it when you get a chance! The way things are going these days, it would probably be available freely on the web! Somewhere!!

That was when I first got introduced to nimittas and symbols! Would I have 'tuned-in' through a novel for teen-agers into such a deep preoccupation about nimittas etc, had I not found Jyotish earlier? I really do not know or wasted time in asking and waiting...!

When you are a learner (baby!), stay open like a sponge and take in what the human experience makes available!

Don't try to be too selective and critical about what to embrace and let in and accept and in the uhapoha thereby lose an opportunity of a lifetime!

Unless, you see a PROBLEM in your own chart or are not sure if you should explore and forge ahead!

Not everyone is cut out to be a divinator! ;-(

Love, Light, Reality!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

fivezero7

Re: FWIW...!

Post by fivezero7 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:While I was growing up, not quite a teenager, in quaint India (well not all that quaint! It was the 60's really ... on one side jyotish or more truly divination and on the other hand that adventure tale about three boys! Coral Island! Ultimate freedom tale! Do read it when you get a chance! The way things are going these days, it would probably be available freely on the web! Somewhere!!

That was when I first got introduced to nimittas and symbols! Would I have 'tuned-in' through a novel for teen-agers into such a deep preoccupation about nimittas etc, had I not found Jyotish earlier? I really do not know or wasted time in asking and waiting...!

When you are a learner (baby!), stay open like a sponge and take in what the human experience makes available!

Don't try to be too selective and critical about what to embrace and let in and accept and in the uhapoha thereby lose an opportunity of a lifetime!

Unless, you see a PROBLEM in your own chart or are not sure if you should explore and forge ahead!

Not everyone is cut out to be a divinator! ;-(

Love, Light, Reality!
Thanks for the advice RohiniRanjan ji. :)
I have been doing the same for all the time I have been studying it now.

In my case it started because of general difficulties rising in 2007 and my quest for knowing the reason for them.
So I came to know that my Libra moon sign had undergone shani saade saati in 2009 along with shani mahadasha in 2007.
This made me dig deeper and deeper.
I bought books and found internet resources for studying.
Then immigration occurred which gave me more time to study it.

I get requests for readings frequently (mostly from friends and their acquaintances) but I tell them clearly that I have a certain level of expertise and I am in a learning mode right now which may result in some inaccurate interpretations.
Still people go ahead and some time I find it very encouraging when I get almost many things right and get appreciated for it.
It motivates me to learn more deeply and predict more accurately.

Recently the focus has been shifted from just material predictions to more of a spiritual + karmic type of analysis as I am not very well experienced in it.
So that's why I am here on this forum to get as much as I can. :)

I thought of mentioning it here earlier but forgot, even I have L-9 shukra in kanya lagna with neecha status. So I thought I should be able to relate effectively to inputs from experienced people present here. :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:19 pm

fivezero7 wrote:
]
Thanks for the advice RohiniRanjan ji. :)
I have been doing the same for all the time I have been studying it now.

In my case it started because of general difficulties rising in 2007 and my quest for knowing the reason for them.
So I came to know that my Libra moon sign had undergone shani saade saati in 2009 along with shani mahadasha in 2007.
This made me dig deeper and deeper.
I bought books and found internet resources for studying.
Then immigration occurred which gave me more time to study it.

I get requests for readings frequently (mostly from friends and their acquaintances) but I tell them clearly that I have a certain level of expertise and I am in a learning mode right now which may result in some inaccurate interpretations.
Still people go ahead and some time I find it very encouraging when I get almost many things right and get appreciated for it.
It motivates me to learn more deeply and predict more accurately.

Recently the focus has been shifted from just material predictions to more of a spiritual + karmic type of analysis as I am not very well experienced in it.
So that's why I am here on this forum to get as much as I can. :)

I thought of mentioning it here earlier but forgot, even I have L-9 shukra in kanya lagna with neecha status. So I thought I should be able to relate effectively to inputs from experienced people present here. :)

Mind you this is being posted with a purpose! Answer honestly and without fear or sensing any kind of "trap" from old curmudgeon!

Do you have very poor eyesight (-8 or higher myopia?)
Do you have a large scar on one side of the face (cheek) probably from a childhood infection?
Are you an accomplished ear nose throat surgeon?
Are you known for your smart-alec come-backs and have a piercing laughter and a weird sense of humour?
Do you sing very loudly in a shrill voice and everyone else begins 'praying to God' that you would stop?
Do you have an extra liking for female company and ladies generally like your company and your mirthful ways? Which may have created jealousy in some boys when you were in the University?
You have a habit of shaking your leg when studying or concentrating on something?
You have a flair for mimicry (copying how others speak, their styles etc?)
You have a dark complexion but shiny skin?
You smoke (like a chimney)?
You are extremely intelligent and considered a good student, if not a topper?
You achieved a much higher station in life than your father?
There is a poetic side to you, but at the same time you are so pragmatic that you sometimes come across as cold-hearted?
You do not believe much in religion or spirituality?

... end of prashnavali! Quote this when you answer with your answers clearly embedded after each question I asked!

Love, Light, Reality!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

fivezero7

Post by fivezero7 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: ____________
Love, Light, Reality!
Of course Rohiniranjan ji, I have no fear in answering these questions and trust your purpose. :)

My answers are inline in the quoted post above. Sorry for being too verbose. :)
Last edited by fivezero7 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:09 am

fivezero7 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: Mind you this is being posted with a purpose! Answer honestly and without fear or sensing any kind of "trap" from old curmudgeon!

Do you have very poor eyesight (-8 or higher myopia?)
Not very poor, but last October I got eyes tested and found some cylindrical defect. Got glasses of 0.5 power made.
Do you have a large scar on one side of the face (cheek) probably from a childhood infection?
No.
Are you an accomplished ear nose throat surgeon?
No.
Are you known for your smart-alec come-backs and have a piercing laughter and a weird sense of humour?
Not really. But I can make sarcastic comments which pierce others easily. Laughter is loud only when I am with friends. Otherwise it is normal so that others near me are not disturbed. Sense of humor is normal, not weird in any way.
Do you sing very loudly in a shrill voice and everyone else begins 'praying to God' that you would stop?
No. I have a normal but not shrill voice, and hardly sing. :)
Do you have an extra liking for female company and ladies generally like your company and your mirthful ways? Which may have created jealousy in some boys when you were in the University?
Yes. I used to be like that when I was in college. Females would like to talk to me. Yes other boys were very jealous. :-D But now I have curbed those tendencies. :)
You have a habit of shaking your leg when studying or concentrating on something?
No.
You have a flair for mimicry (copying how others speak, their styles etc?)
Yes. I used to copy my teachers at school. :-D But not anymore, still I can do that easily for someone. Not very proficient though.
You have a dark complexion but shiny skin?
No. I am very fair and have normal skin, sometimes pimples occur but they heal quickly.
You smoke (like a chimney)?
No. Never smoked.
You are extremely intelligent and considered a good student, if not a topper?
Yes. I saying that would be a bit of self praise, but I have been a topper right from the beginning of my academics; in school, in entrance exams, got scholarships etc, stayed in top 20 in my batch (230+) in college.
You achieved a much higher station in life than your father?
Yes. Mostly monetary till now. He says so and he is proud of it.
There is a poetic side to you, but at the same time you are so pragmatic that you sometimes come across as cold-hearted?
Yes. When I was a child I liked drawing and painting a lot. Interests have been varied till now. Not poems but I write on my blog and read a lot. People say that I am very practical and cold hearted. Now that is may be because of another reason (in my horoscope) which you will find out later. :)
You do not believe much in religion or spirituality?
No. I believe in spirituality. Religion because of my family values and diversity of backgrounds. I studied in DAV (Arya Samaj), then moved to a sikh school (4 years till +2), father side and mother side have different faiths (although being hindus) but never forced it on me. Though I try to follow as they suggest.
... end of prashnavali! Quote this when you answer with your answers clearly embedded after each question I asked!

Love, Light, Reality!
Of course Rohiniranjan ji, I have no fear in answering these questions and trust your purpose. :)

My answers are inline in the quoted post above. Sorry for being too verbose. :)

No no 507! The verbose the better!

Since this had a purpose, which was meant to be open and transparent, I must reveal that I got a private mail from you where you informed me that you have responded and are curious as to what 'my purpose' was behind posing these questions to you! You should have felt relaxed and open enough to have said that in the public forum...! We are amongst friends!! :-)

I must confess that your answers do not surprise me! I will share more, shortly on this matter...! Have patience...

...Love and Light!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”