Is Mercury in 8th House considered a strong disposition?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

astrostarter

Is Mercury in 8th House considered a strong disposition?

Post by astrostarter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 am

I have sun (24 degrees) and mercury (14 degrees) in Aries in 8th house with 8th house lord mars in my sixth house. Is my lord of the ascendant strong?

I am trying to work out if I have lakshmi yoga as the ruler of my ninth and second house is venus, which is in pisces in 7th house. But in order to have this yoga you must have strong ascendant lord which I am not sure of. Thanks in advance.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Is Mercury in 8th House considered a strong disposition?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:07 am

astrostarter wrote:I have sun (24 degrees) and mercury (14 degrees) in Aries in 8th house with 8th house lord mars in my sixth house. Is my lord of the ascendant strong?

I am trying to work out if I have lakshmi yoga as the ruler of my ninth and second house is venus, which is in pisces in 7th house. But in order to have this yoga you must have strong ascendant lord which I am not sure of. Thanks in advance.
Dear Astrostarter,
While you are figuring out the astrology -- I hope you have initiated some ventures and projects? To attract MA Lakshmi? You know, strangely enough, She rides an owl, a bird that is mystical and resembles a cat, interestingly, that Her Mother rides -- and in certain nations, an OWL is considered to be foolish (Ulloo!), but in the Walt Disney version of King Arthur's Fable, the OWL was named Archimedes...! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:56 pm

you do not put your birth details here, so not possible for a serious astrologer to give you the correct answer according to your quarries. Don't think I am a Serious astrologer :smt003 but you were just got a reply from a serious astrologer.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:24 pm

biltu wrote:you do not put your birth details here, so not possible for a serious astrologer to give you the correct answer according to your quarries. Don't think I am a Serious astrologer :smt003 but you were just got a reply from a serious astrologer.

Bultu,

If you meant by 'serious'. me -- thank you very much for your bouquet of roses ;-)

But, seriously, my response was not technically astrological but pragmatic (evidence-based, as it is called in science). A scientist (forget who exactly) once said, "Chance favours the prepared mind!"

People who have decent yogas do not need to find proof of it in their charts. Their lives are all the evidence they need! ;-)

Love, Light, Learning!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: People who have decent yogas do not need to find proof of it in their charts. Their lives are all the evidence they need! ;-)

Love, Light, Learning!
This is absolutely correct what you wrote aboveImage and I do agree with youImage

That 'serious' I meant to you :smt002

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:51 pm

biltu wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: People who have decent yogas do not need to find proof of it in their charts. Their lives are all the evidence they need! ;-)

Love, Light, Learning!
This is absolutely correct what you wrote aboveImage and I do agree with youImage

That 'serious' I meant to you :smt002

Why did you use an icon where two people are hitting one another with boxing gloves...?

But, in that case you are agreeing, Biltu that successful people must not bother with astrology or astrologers, right?

But many of them *do*! There seems to be a tendency (greedily!) to improve further their wealth, power, gains etc etc! And astrologers often bend over backwards to provide such advice and in doing so they become more like 'soothe-sayers' than wise counsel!!

But if you look through the last few hundred years, famous jyotishis used to be supported by kings and maharajas and probably led a rather cushy lifestyle! Including those that insisted that jyotishis should live in austerity and like a hermit! Talk about double standards!! ;-)

I am obviously not thinking about Sages and Rishis etc who probably lived a spartan lifestyle.

Just some fodder for chewing and thinking...!

Love and Light and Levity!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: Why did you use an icon where two people are hitting one another with boxing gloves...?
Those are not boxing gloves those are full glass of champagne.
Rohiniranjan wrote:But, in that case you are agreeing, Biltu that successful people must not bother with astrology or astrologers, right? But many of them *do*!
Some are and some are not.
Rohiniranjan wrote:There seems to be a tendency (greedily!) to improve further their wealth, power, gains etc etc! And astrologers often bend over backwards to provide such advice and in doing so they become more like 'soothe-sayers' than wise counsel!!
if those successful people goes to Astrologer for greedily to improve further their wealth, power, gains etc etc then they are wrong and when they are not able to get that greedily desire through Astrology then they blame it or say --- it is fake.

Astrology tell the good time of opportunity and tell the path to success for a human being. How much they will get the success from that time of opportunity told by Astrology this is depend on their fate.
Rohiniranjan wrote:But if you look through the last few hundred years, famous jyotishis used to be supported by kings and maharajas and probably led a rather cushy lifestyle! Including those that insisted that jyotishis should live in austerity and like a hermit! Talk about double standards!! ;-)
Astrology is a subject, it's a vast subject. Those who wants to be an expert on it need more studies and practical experience. Living a lifestyle austerity and like a hermit dose not provide him/her to be expert on it.

jyotishis used to be supported by kings and maharajas because they are shows or give respect to Astrologer. Some Astrologers took that opportunity and some are not.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:34 am

biltu wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: Why did you use an icon where two people are hitting one another with boxing gloves...?
Those are not boxing gloves those are full glass of champagne.
Rohiniranjan wrote:But, in that case you are agreeing, Biltu that successful people must not bother with astrology or astrologers, right? But many of them *do*!
Some are and some are not.
Rohiniranjan wrote:There seems to be a tendency (greedily!) to improve further their wealth, power, gains etc etc! And astrologers often bend over backwards to provide such advice and in doing so they become more like 'soothe-sayers' than wise counsel!!
if those successful people goes to Astrologer for greedily to improve further their wealth, power, gains etc etc then they are wrong and when they are not able to get that greedily desire through Astrology then they blame it or say --- it is fake.

Astrology tell the good time of opportunity and tell the path to success for a human being. How much they will get the success from that time of opportunity told by Astrology this is depend on their fate.
Rohiniranjan wrote:But if you look through the last few hundred years, famous jyotishis used to be supported by kings and maharajas and probably led a rather cushy lifestyle! Including those that insisted that jyotishis should live in austerity and like a hermit! Talk about double standards!! ;-)
Astrology is a subject, it's a vast subject. Those who wants to be an expert on it need more studies and practical experience. Living a lifestyle austerity and like a hermit dose not provide him/her to be expert on it.

jyotishis used to be supported by kings and maharajas because they are shows or give respect to Astrologer. Some Astrologers took that opportunity and some are not.

Biltu,

I think I understood your responses {they tend to be difficult to follow! :-( } or the gist of it, and particularly the parts where you agree with me <LOL>

But I am still scratching my hand over the first statement! Why are you drinking champagne in a boxing glove shaped glass...? :-?

Love, Light, Perplexed!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

astrostarter

Post by astrostarter » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Wow you guys make a lot of assumptions!!! I am just curious in understanding aspects in my chart. For the record I am not rich in fact I am currently unemployed!! (let this be a lesson to you all on being judgmental ;) However I do agree with what you are all saying but this is not the case at all lol Anyway after all these comments I still am not any closer in knowing if mercury in 8th house Aries is a strong disposition or not lol

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:59 am

astrostarter wrote:Wow you guys make a lot of assumptions!!! I am just curious in understanding aspects in my chart. For the record I am not rich in fact I am currently unemployed!! (let this be a lesson to you all on being judgmental ;) However I do agree with what you are all saying but this is not the case at all lol Anyway after all these comments I still am not any closer in knowing if mercury in 8th house Aries is a strong disposition or not lol

Dear *astrostarter*,

Firstly, YOU are the one making ASSumptions! That we are talking about you...!
Biltu has his own basket of problems and I was talking to him (or is it her, as often portrayed...?)

Assuming that you are really worried about your unemployed state etc, you should be posting in the Jyotish Reading Room area and please share openly, including your real name and real problem!

Seriousness and Sincerity is a TWO-WAY street and in the context of a jyotish reading, it has a name: TRUST and SUBMISSION!

To JYOTISH and not to Jyotishi, necessarily!

That is the problem with internet which, hence, I question as being the appropriate medium for receiving useful HELP!

Take it or leave it!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

astrostarter

Post by astrostarter » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Dear Rohiniranjan,

No doubt you are a great astrologer but I have not made any assumptions. I am only asking how do you define a strong lagna lord and my lagna lord is mercury in 8th house with sun!! LOL. You are the one talking about rich people and jyotishis!! When I am neither, I gave details of venus and 9th house lords as they are requirement according to my vedic astrology books I am studying for a Lakshmi Yoga, you need a strong Lagna Lord and your lord of 9th house to be in own house or exaltation (which mine is). I have only given these details as the are necessary for the question, full chart placement and any othe information on whether I am rich or not is not required to answer my question though.

I once again agree with you about being sincere but I am not asking for a reading because of my unemployment problems or trying to get reassurance from astrologers like rich peope do lol!!. I am studying astrology and want to be able to read my own chart as information on yogas etc are available to everyone. Only problem there is no information on what a strong lagna lord is in the case of mercury in aries 8th house with sun for virgo ascendants.

Anyway back to the question is this placement strong for a lagna lord??? ruler of 8th house is in 6th house if that is important.

fivezero7

Re: Is Mercury in 8th House considered a strong disposition?

Post by fivezero7 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:52 am

astrostarter wrote:I have sun (24 degrees) and mercury (14 degrees) in Aries in 8th house with 8th house lord mars in my sixth house. Is my lord of the ascendant strong?

hi astrostarter,
i am also a beginner like you in this subject.
what i can say about your horoscope is that the lagna lord is in a mixed position.

it benefits because of not being highly combust with sun.

it benefits because of being with uccha sun.

it does not benefit because of being in a bad house and more so because
of being the lord of most important 2 kendra houses 1 and 10.

it might benefit if it receives a tight drishti of a benefic e.g. jupiter, moon (venus is ruled out here as it is in 12th house from mercury).
(more information would be required for this point)

it might benefit if there is favorable rashi drishti on lagna lord.
(again, more info would be required here)

apart from this observation, i can say that there is a vipareet raja yoga in your kundali because of L-8 posited in 6.
now this might benefit you, but again it would depend on other factors present in horoscope.

i hope my reply makes some sense here.

thanks.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:17 am

Hi,

To evaluate the strength of Lagna there are many factors, for which the whole chart is required, and shadbala/vimsopaka bala are important.

Anyways, a guess would be that the lagna is not weak.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

astrostarter

Post by astrostarter » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 am

Thank you fivezero and rishirahul this is exactly what I wanted. This is good as I am now studying about shadbala too and effect of drishti. I have rahu and saturn in capricorn in 5th house &nbsp;and ketu in 11 which I guess is bad for drishti for chart with sun as ascendant as it is two malefics in kendras. After doing shadbala analysis though I got real answer, mercury has 5.87 shadbala in rapas which is low score of 0.84 ratio so I guess it is weak lagna lord but sun is strong with 9.48 (1.9 ratio). Now I guess I need to study effect of sun in 8th house lol

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:45 am

astrostarter wrote:Thank you fivezero and rishirahul this is exactly what I wanted. This is good as I am now studying about shadbala too and effect of drishti. I have rahu and saturn in capricorn in 5th house  and ketu in 11 which I guess is bad for drishti for chart with sun as ascendant as it is two malefics in kendras. After doing shadbala analysis though I got real answer, mercury has 5.87 shadbala in rapas which is low score of 0.84 ratio so I guess it is weak lagna lord but sun is strong with 9.48 (1.9 ratio). Now I guess I need to study effect of sun in 8th house lol
The above 'could' mean that &nbsp;you would be assisted by what Sun stands for (either father or Govt or 11 or charakarak.

But the above would be a fair guess only.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Return to “Vedic Astrology”