12th House Vedic Astrology

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:YAWN ....!

Balaraama  did the same and went on Teerthayaatra when the younger brother was involved in greatest job of His life.

History repeats itself !

YAWN ....!

vj
I try to avoid the nebulous arrogance of visualizing myself as characters portrayed in ancient mythological epics.

Even if there appears to be a "chance association" or 'clang association' ;-)

Will keep it short, since I do not wish to be accused of distracting you away from important projects such as putting finishing touches to your software or preparing meaningful case studies in support of the method-techniques that you are passionately desiring to promote and establish.

Best regards,
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

fatmagul raj

Conjunction of Saturn and Rahu in 4th house

Post by fatmagul raj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 am

Dear All,

I would like to know the effects of having this combination of planets in my 4th house birth chart.   I have referred to some people and they said that i will have to struggle whole life to make a secure home. I will have to leave my place of birth to be happier (living in overseas). And i will have to struggle with my marital life if i get married. I would like to know whether is this true? I feel so pathetic about it. Life seems never change for me though i am 34 years old now. I am trying to go to overseas but so far no chances have appears to me even marriage is like no chance at all at this time period. Please all, need your advice.

By the way, i have venus in the 9th house
mercury and sun in the 11th house
ketu and mars in the 10th house
jupiter in the 3rd house
moon in the 6th house

Could above combinations of planets give me some light to bright future. Thanks alot.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Conjunction of Saturn and Rahu in 4th house

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 am

fatmagul raj wrote:Dear All,

I would like to know the effects of having this combination of planets in my 4th house birth chart.   I have referred to some people and they said that i will have to struggle whole life to make a secure home. I will have to leave my place of birth to be happier (living in overseas). And i will have to struggle with my marital life if i get married. I would like to know whether is this true? I feel so pathetic about it. Life seems never change for me though i am 34 years old now. I am trying to go to overseas but so far no chances have appears to me even marriage is like no chance at all at this time period. Please all, need your advice.

By the way, i have venus in the 9th house
mercury and sun in the 11th house
ketu and mars in the 10th house
jupiter in the 3rd house
moon in the 6th house

Could above combinations of planets give me some light to bright future. Thanks alot.

You might get better results if asking for solutions -- if you reposted in the readings subforum!

But thanks for the memories and etc.! ;-)

Love!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Angelito

Post by Angelito » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm

One of my favorite articles written had a description of the 12th house. I don't have the article yet, but it had a nice psychological fictional affair about the 12th house. Never mind, I just joined because I specially wanted to reply due to the terms: Moksha, enlightenment, final emancipation, etc--that were used in this thread.

Hindu Astrologers have this knack of speaking about moksha and enlightenment like it were some tools you'd find in the bazaar or some discipline one would study for four years at the university (of life?) and come out with a black hat! My reservation, of course.

And, I'm, yet to come ahead a convincing argument on how religion is related to astrology or vice versa.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Angelito wrote:One of my favorite articles written had a description of the 12th house. I don't have the article yet, but it had a nice psychological fictional affair about the 12th house. Never mind, I just joined because I specially wanted to reply due to the terms: Moksha, enlightenment, final emancipation, etc--that were used in this thread.

Hindu Astrologers have this knack of speaking about moksha and enlightenment like it were some tools you'd find in the bazaar or some discipline one would study for four years at the university (of life?) and come out with a black hat! My reservation, of course.

And, I'm, yet to come ahead a convincing argument on how religion is related to astrology or vice versa.

Dear Angelito,

I have never held the belief that astrology and religion are co-dependent!
It just so happened that astrology in India (even to a large extent today) was studied, practised by the socio-occupational class that were assigned priestly duties and for religious rituals and so on: priests in simple words!

However, in modern times, people from many other walks of life, with less traditional beliefs have been studying and practising astrology and while the mainstream thinking still circles around religious symbolisms incorporated in indian astrology, other viewpoints and perspectives can be seen as well.

Like any religion, hindus have many myths too and many have been incorporated within the fabric of jyotish. They serve a useful purpose and help one remember the attributes of planets etc in the form of a story which is more interesting than having to remember a list of things and attributes and other 'dry' academic stuff.

Astrology is for the worldly person primarily and perhaps was born out of a fear and discomfort generated by 'uncertainty'. It introduces an amount of certainty and this is helpful for the worldly person and reduces their anxiety about future and helps them gain a sense of perspective for the present and a better understanding of the past.

Moksha and enlightenment etc are really different matters and not too deeply discussed in jyotish texts. As a matter of fact even Karma is not explicitely mentioned a lot in jyotish texts but is obviously implied because it is ingrained in and accepted by the society in India. Of course, it or similar concept has been described in certain other religions as well, and not a solely-indian concept!

If one steps back and looks at all the writings, and I am talking about scriptural ones worldwide, we find that human beings have always been explorers of the unknown, the uncertain and so different groups started exploring all the fundamental questions and as more and more minds grouped together and described their understanding of SELF nad Surroundings, religions were born and form an account of the history of a culture, a cohort of individuals. And some of the earlier mystics (sages and similar) had highly developed minds and left behind gems in their writings -- or more accurately, their spoken words (oral tradition was in vogue back then; transcripts of their discourses came later and those we read today as religious scripture).

Each group (religion) had a different perspective and understanding of what I call the prevailing human experience and therefore we now have different beliefs and conceptualizations about God and the ideal codicils to follow to make life purer, and so on, whatever. If you look at it that way, different religions and their adopted jargon etc become very interesting and even amazing records of human exploration and thus the inheritance that our forefathers (of any religion) left behind. To be cherished and not something that should create frustration, feuds etc.

Bottom line, Jyotish and religion work well together but are not co-dependant!

Love, Light, Perspective defines Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

sammymakwan

Post by sammymakwan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:46 am

Astrology is good for you but does not stand for predetermination or matter of belief, If your Rahu in 12th house give you mental and physical troubles to you, also you have to do hard-work and suffer financial losses.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:43 pm

sammymakwan wrote:Astrology is good for you but does not stand for predetermination or matter of belief, If your Rahu in 12th house give you mental and physical troubles to you, also you have to do hard-work and suffer financial losses.
Thank you for this valuable tip, Sir! I am sure many here will benefit from this. Sir, would it be possible for you to kindly share/teach us all about this rahu planet. It seems to be a trouble maker. What would be the effects of rahu, the thirsty but quenched demon (more like its head I think!) in different houses? You have shone your light on the 12th. Eleven more and our knowledge will be more complete.

Awaiting your kind and generous sharings, Sir,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

techzek786

Post by techzek786 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:28 pm

My Lagnesh is Venus and it's placed in 12th house also Saturn in placed in 7th house...

can anyone elaborate this situation ?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:48 pm

techzek786 wrote:My Lagnesh is Venus and it's placed in 12th house also Saturn in placed in 7th house...

can anyone elaborate this situation ?
This seems to have an occurance rate of 32/24599; 0.13%, so about 1 in 1300)

Depending on the karakattwa of venus in a specific chart, and it varies, this combination could represent certain deficiencies and challenges. If lagna is libra, unless there are strong cancellationS (plural number significant!) and other benefic influences, there could be problems in the 7th house matters! And, as you know perhaps, its domain is way beyond just marriage and marriage partner!

There are many other possibilities, but when astrological factors are seen in little mouthfuls and morsals, it does not give an idea of what the entire meal can...! :-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”