Dasa Sandhi and marriage

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

prashanth1337

Dasa Sandhi and marriage

Post by prashanth1337 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 am

Should there be no Dasa Sandhi only at the time of marriage or or should there never be any dasa sandhi at any point of time after the marriage between the husband's and wife's horoscopes??

Rohiniranjan

Re: Dasa Sandhi and marriage

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 am

prashanth1337 wrote:Should there be no Dasa Sandhi only at the time of marriage or or should there never be any dasa sandhi at any point of time after the marriage between the husband's and wife's horoscopes??
Dear friend,

This type of attitude, sadly fed-into by certain jyotishis and babajis is what I call, "Dodging Karma!"

I know you are young (although that alone sometimes must not remain or be considered as a sine-qua-non or 'flag' for immaturity!) but forget about your personal problems and look at it this way, from an older traveler who is not an enemy!

If we accept that KARMA brought us all the woes and glory that jyotish reveals -- then since we all are pretty much clueless about past lifetimes and what really brought us the glories or miseries (usually the latter catch our attention and we begin loading our dice by running from pillar to post after divinators and suchlike!), then SURELY, KARMA has a clearer recollection and has our PAST HISTORY in front of it, when SHE metes out the justice!

How can someone who is clueless and in spiritual terms an amnesiac compete with KARMA?

How can one dodge KARMA, or for how long...?

Does that mean jyotish is a futile pursuit and we must just roll over and let Karma batter us till we become BETTER?

Yes and no (kNOw!)

The best and most long-acting remedials that are known to mankind are the following:

Acceptance

Detatchment

Accept what you have: Your birthchart (stop playing around with BTR and this or that housesystem, just in case something shifts and makes the picture look less gloomy etc)

Detach from trying to TRICK or WAYLAY or DODGE KARMA. SHE KNOWS! MA DOES!!

Yes with a lot of tantrik horsepower and so on at your side and behind you, it is possible to DODGE KARMA but was it GETTING rid of it or just delaying the TRIAL?

KARMA is related to MAYA and when Jwalataranga's dance on the funeral pyre gets understood, the MA that is part of karMA and MAya makes everything all right!

Take it or Leave it!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:11 am

Yes with a lot of tantrik horsepower and so on at your side and behind you, it is possible to DODGE KARMA but was it GETTING rid of it or just delaying the TRIAL?
RR ji,

Very well stated. I fully agree. Most of us dont ask ourselves these two questions while using  credit card:

1. How did we become cashless forcing us to use the credit card?
2. Can we do without purchaisng what we are trying to pay for by using the card?

Are the "remedies" NPVs (net present value - for non-financial readers!) of future karmic outflows?
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:00 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
RR ji,

Very well stated. I fully agree. Most of us dont ask ourselves these two questions while using  credit card:

1. How did we become cashless forcing us to use the credit card?
2. Can we do without purchaisng what we are trying to pay for by using the card?

Are the "remedies" NPVs (net present value - for non-financial readers!) of future karmic outflows?
I am not into finances (they have always tended to escape me  :smt004 )

But wisdom is in even as we are paying our debt, to keep an eye on good investments (for future!), as and when possible.

The IX indicates the bottom line of the ledger, with other columns and subcolumns giving more details of the account.

The V indicates investment opportunities.

CAVEAT: While using financial mumbo-jumbo, careless or hasty readers of these exchanges must not take this as FINANCIAL ADVICE. Please consult your personal advisor!!

Love, Light, Banking!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

horochat

Dasha Sandhi

Post by horochat » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:23 am

Prashant,

Dasha sandhi should not be preesent in the couples horoscope for about 30 years at least after their marriage. This is the rule commonly followed in marriages across kerala and most of south india although there might be slight variations in other regions.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Dasha Sandhi

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:32 am

horochat wrote:Prashant,

Dasha sandhi should not be preesent in the couples horoscope for about 30 years at least after their marriage. This is the rule commonly followed in marriages across kerala and most of south india although there might be slight variations in other regions.

You can check your dasha sandhi at http://www.horomatching.com

I may get into 'trouble' for this, but can you validate if marriages in Kerala or South India tend to be more divorce or trouble-free than rest of India or even rest of the world? Because of this sandhi factor?? Also, please indicate how the data were collected and by whom???

Love, Light, Common sense Question?

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:11 am

I think it s more important to ensure that both do  not run difficult dasha periods simultaneously. Dasha sandhi analysis probably helps in ensuring that the person one marries and lives with is the same as the one as was known before the marriage! :lol:
Some major dasha transitions can change the character of a person. But of-course if one is ready for surprises, dasha sandhi can be ignored.
And of-course surprises will exist even if dasha sandhi doesn't!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am

mysbcrs wrote:I think it s more important to ensure that both do  not run difficult dasha periods simultaneously. Dasha sandhi analysis probably helps in ensuring that the person one marries and lives with is the same as the one as was known before the marriage! :lol:
Some major dasha transitions can change the character of a person. But of-course if one is ready for surprises, dasha sandhi can be ignored.
And of-course surprises will exist even if dasha sandhi doesn't!

What I have seen is that personalities do not change with dasas but the way one receives and expresses information (and reacts to those) changes. And of course the surroundings and situations change around too. Though not always.

One important pointer you gave is about family members running malefic dasas at the same time, and if they start at the same time, "adjustment" becomes that much more challenging.

Astrology has been known to help, hence as Raman used to say, "To be forewarned is to be prepared". There is value in that saying.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi horochat,

Would 'commonly' followed rules help to indicate speceifiv\c problems.

Logically, why the 30 years?
And which dasa sandhi are we talking of?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Hi horochat,

RishiRahul

Perhaps related to 'saturn return' cycle? I doubt though - if such is the case - that it would be universally applicable. Like all sade satis and ashtam shani and eclipses and retrogressions whether of mars, saturn or mercury etc are not automatically harbingers of doom and gloom!

If a black cat crosses your path, or if you walked under a ladder and something bad did occur, it would not mean that the same would occur the next time such a cat crosses your path or you walk under the ladder! Even if it is SAME cat or ladder!

A fine balance is what astrology and its understanding and application requires!

Love, Light, Simplicity!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:13 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hi horochat,

RishiRahul

Perhaps related to 'saturn return' cycle? I doubt though - if such is the case - that it would be universally applicable. Like all sade satis and ashtam shani and eclipses and retrogressions whether of mars, saturn or mercury etc are not automatically harbingers of doom and gloom!

If a black cat crosses your path, or if you walked under a ladder and something bad did occur, it would not mean that the same would occur the next time such a cat crosses your path or you walk under the ladder! Even if it is SAME cat or ladder!

A fine balance is what astrology and its understanding and application requires!

Love, Light, Simplicity!

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

I was not guessing it was the saturn return too; in fact I do not think it was the saturn return at all.

I just needed to know what horochat meant by dasa sandhi affecting marriages.

Still unclear to me.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hi horochat,

RishiRahul

Love, Light, Simplicity!

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

I was not guessing it was the saturn return too; in fact I do not think it was the saturn return at all.

Still unclear to me.

Rishi
Good luck in your quest, brother. It might be one of those great highly preserved Parampara Secrets!! :smt010
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hi horochat,

RishiRahul

Love, Light, Simplicity!

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Still unclear to me.

Rishi
Good luck in your quest, brother. It might be one of those great highly preserved Parampara Secrets!! :smt010

I presume so, too!

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:47 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Hi horochat,

RishiRahul

Love, Light, Simplicity!

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Still unclear to me.

Rishi

I presume so, too!

Rishi
Yes some of these 'traditions' that are in place for generations and generations just have to be taken 'as is' (take it or leave it) and regional differences exist as well. For instance, rahu kalam is taken very seriously in South India and practically non-existant in north India. We have such rich and complex cultural varieties and norms in India. Some might think of it as the continent of Europe where language and food and culture varies so much from country to country!

India can be called the Europe of South Asia, in that framework!

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:54 pm

I understand all this, Dada.

But still do not understand what horochat wanted to know.
Only he can explain this.

Or maybe, he gave up!

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”