Let's talk about SEX!...and Combustion!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

stalin.v

Let's talk about SEX!...and Combustion!

Post by stalin.v » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Hello friends,

I am not sure that which hous eyou're looking into, to know one's sexual power. some westerns say its 8th house. some say that its 12th.

I want to know that what do vedic palmists have in mind! bez i have a related question here.

I know a person who has exalted 8th lord and combusted 12th lord!

If 8th house should be taken into account,he is powerful in sex. if 12th, reverse is the result.

8th - sexuality?
12th - bed pleasure?
how to differentiate it ?

Regards.

biltu

Post by biltu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:42 pm

I don't think 8th is a sexuality house.
In my opinion 7th is a sexuality house because this house create a attraction to a person, eventually love and affection indulge into sex. I am not sure about 12th is a bed pleasure or not. But I can say that having a sex with your lovable person has much pleasure then paid sex. So when comes to actual bed pleasure then comes the name of your lovable person, so 7th house and it's planet comes to a equation when we looking for sex and bed pleasure, in my opinion.

I have seen disturbing 12th house separate Husband and Wife to sleep in different room in same house but it dose not meaning they don't have sex and not having sexual pleasure. So in my opinion "bed pleasure" if it's indicating sexual pleasure then it dose not come from 12th house. Because indulge into sex "bed" is not mandatory. Because while having sex without bed dose not we achieve sexual pleasure ? Yes we can :)

Want to mention that Rashi chart is not only the one to calculate happiness and unhappiness in sex life.

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Anyoneelse?  :smt003

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Let's talk about SEX!

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 pm

stalin.v wrote:Hello friends,

I am not sure that which hous eyou're looking into, to know one's sexual power. some westerns say its 8th house. some say that its 12th.

I want to know that what do vedic palmists have in mind! bez i have a related question here.

I know a person who has exalted 8th lord and combusted 12th lord!

If 8th house should be taken into account,he is powerful in sex. if 12th, reverse is the result.

8th - sexuality?
12th - bed pleasure?
how to differentiate it ?

Regards.

Hi,

For vedic palmist we have the palmistry forum.

Combustion is not a major factor, but the 8th. & 12th is.

The 12th house shows expenditures, loss, secrecy, renunciation, bondage/liberation from it, settlement abroad, later life, sleep comforts, dreams, passions, pleasures mainly.

The 12th of the natural zodiac is Pisces, lorded by Jupiter; where venus exalts (venus at qualitative best there).
Of course this is the 'ideal'.

Biltu is right in saying that the 12th. disturbed can separateHusband and Wife to sleep in different room in same house but it dose not meaning they don't have sex and not having sexual pleasure.

What do you say?

RishiRahul

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:40 am

I think 7th is the overall result. 12th may be the propensity to spend (or lose) in order to get the comforts, 8th probably the hidden support structure for the 7th.

And then there is 3rd too (Mithun in the natural zodiac). This is perhaps the initiative by the individual supporting results of 7th.

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:49 am

Any related quotes from parashara or saravalli or any other will be much appreciated!

Exalted 7 th lord causes happy married life. Combust / weak 12th lord produce loss of pleasurw in bed. This is what i have come across from these text.

Rahulji, I wonder that why you say that combustion will not affect much! Infact it is one of the major negative aspect in the chart all the while!

Regards.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:17 pm

stalin.v wrote:Any related quotes from parashara or saravalli or any other will be much appreciated!

Exalted 7 th lord causes happy married life. Combust / weak 12th lord produce loss of pleasurw in bed. This is what i have come across from these text.

Rahulji, I wonder that why you say that combustion will not affect much! Infact it is one of the major negative aspect in the chart all the while!

Regards.

Hi stalin,

I spoke through my experience regarding combustion.
Combustion may be a negative.
There are so many types of negatives; but I do not see it as a strong/decisive negative.

You must have heard of the 'kama' trikona in charts.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 18, 2013 12:35 am

RishiRahul wrote:
stalin.v wrote:Any related quotes from parashara or saravalli or any other will be much appreciated!

Regards.

Hi stalin,

I spoke through my experience regarding combustion.
Combustion may be a negative.
There are so many types of negatives; but I do not see it as a strong/decisive negative.

You must have heard of the 'kama' trikona in charts.

RishiRahul
Yes this 'combustion' thing is very interesting, Rishi! I have raised it as an issue several time, in several places, but rather than re-hash my concern, please allow me to just post a link to a recent message (question?) of mine!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JyotishGr ... sage/42201

"One Brick that brings down the house, or rather planet!"

Does it?

That had been my quest and question, remaining always unanswered.

I am hopeful that now, at least I shall hear an echo back!

Love, Light, Silence!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 18, 2013 5:56 am

One brick, like combustion, certainly doesnt bring down a house.

Combustion besides affecting somewhat the significations, sharpens it on a mental level.
Combustion is also a close conjunction (may be perfect conjunction too) with sun depending upon their mutual relation.

The faster moving planets like mercury & venus are combust more often than the slower ones.
Saturn, Ketu & Rahu combust are possibly more affective in giving negative results.

Technically speaking the Sun's lordship & signification is important here; some say the applying & separating aspect is important here.
If the applying/separating cannot be denied in horary, it has to be applicable to natal too, but the application different.

Like grahayudhha adds much/great stress to birthcharts, combustion is much lesser so, probably marginally less.

The Sun is a very powerful planet, full of light rays.
Any planet very near it will be affected by its strong light/influence.
The light rays can be good or blad, but is certainly blinding (Kroorha).

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Now we are not talking about sex but simply Conjunction / Combustion :-)

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 19, 2013 2:11 am

RishiRahul wrote:One brick, like combustion, certainly doesnt bring down a house.

Combustion besides affecting somewhat the significations, sharpens it on a mental level.
Combustion is also a close conjunction (may be perfect conjunction too) with sun depending upon their mutual relation.

The faster moving planets like mercury & venus are combust more often than the slower ones.
Saturn, Ketu & Rahu combust are possibly more affective in giving negative results.

Technically speaking the Sun's lordship & signification is important here; some say the applying & separating aspect is important here.
If the applying/separating cannot be denied in horary, it has to be applicable to natal too, but the application different.

Like grahayudhha adds much/great stress to birthcharts, combustion is much lesser so, probably marginally less.

RishiRahul
Dear Rishi,

This is where the 'slippery slope' potentially lies! The difference between the astronomical bodies (pindas) and the astrological symbolic entities (devas). The analogies you used (and we all do from time to time since it is so easy) such as krura (hot), light (sunlight) are particularly tempting when we think of sun, and moon should perhaps not be transferred from astronomy to astrology too readily! (read on, even if the trigger finger is twitching to hit the 'Reply/quote button :-))

Astronomically speaking, sun is a star, not a planet while moon is a satellite and not even a planet. And of course rahu/ketu are not even pindas (sa-deha).

Astronomical sun is hot or less hot (summer/winter) depending on the month and the hemisphere we live in! Our summer is down there winter, and vice versa. SAME SUN! In mesha, astronomical sun is getting exalted and hotter in NH while in southern hemisphere it is felt as less warm!

Evidently, even though we use astronomical coordinates for filling in the placements in the astrological chart, there has got to be a big difference, right?

So, Seymore and others who automatically think that astrology is all astronomical as some do on different fora, are missing some important point and pointer!

It is true that combustion is a visible and astronomical reality as no one will deny, the above pondering made me get thinking about astronomy while useful for astrology (vital in calculations etc) made me think a bit more and question if astronomical reality must be carried in too directly, too linearly into astrology!

Astronomically speaking, no planet is really retrograde but only appears so because of relativity! From earth's point of view, and yet it does leave an important trace when we think of planets in the astrological context.

So, I leaned towards the simple approach for the time being. So called combustion is simply conjunction (wide orb) and if sun is malefic for the chart, then trouble can be expected, but if it is benefic then not so much! Jyotish also mentions about maitri relationships (leading to panchadha considerations), those must be factored in too, just as in the case of any other planet in the Jyotish framework.

Graha yuddha is another very interesting nuance but let us not bring in too many things and confuse the picture. We risk ending up with a "dog's breakfast" if we do so and I for one would tread gingerly! Too many Volcanoes erupting everywhere these days! ;-)

Love, Light, Simplicity!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Now we are not talking about sex but simply Conjunction / Combustion :-)

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:One brick, like combustion, certainly doesnt bring down a house.

RishiRahul
Dear Rishi,

This is where the 'slippery slope' potentially lies! The difference between the astronomical bodies (pindas) and the astrological symbolic entities (devas). The analogies you used (and we all do from time to time since it is so easy) such as krura (hot), light (sunlight) are particularly tempting when we think of sun, and moon should perhaps not be transferred from astronomy to astrology too readily! (read on, even if the trigger finger is twitching to hit the 'Reply/quote button :-))

Astronomically speaking, sun is a star, not a planet while moon is a satellite and not even a planet. And of course rahu/ketu are not even pindas (sa-deha).

Astronomical sun is hot or less hot (summer/winter) depending on the month and the hemisphere we live in! Our summer is down there winter, and vice versa. SAME SUN! In mesha, astronomical sun is getting exalted and hotter in NH while in southern hemisphere it is felt as less warm!

Evidently, even though we use astronomical coordinates for filling in the placements in the astrological chart, there has got to be a big difference, right?

So, Seymore and others who automatically think that astrology is all astronomical as some do on different fora, are missing some important point and pointer!

It is true that combustion is a visible and astronomical reality as no one will deny, the above pondering made me get thinking about astronomy while useful for astrology (vital in calculations etc) made me think a bit more and question if astronomical reality must be carried in too directly, too linearly into astrology!

Astronomically speaking, no planet is really retrograde but only appears so because of relativity! From earth's point of view, and yet it does leave an important trace when we think of planets in the astrological context.

So, I leaned towards the simple approach for the time being. So called combustion is simply conjunction (wide orb) and if sun is malefic for the chart, then trouble can be expected, but if it is benefic then not so much! Jyotish also mentions about maitri relationships (leading to panchadha considerations), those must be factored in too, just as in the case of any other planet in the Jyotish framework.

Graha yuddha is another very interesting nuance but let us not bring in too many things and confuse the picture. We risk ending up with a "dog's breakfast" if we do so and I for one would tread gingerly! Too many Volcanoes erupting everywhere these days! ;-)

Love, Light, Simplicity!

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

The "early" reply/quote buttons do not work well with your posts  :)

There is a difference between the astronomical reality of Planets & astrological reality of planets, when we use the planets astrologically.

There has to be a REASON why planets have been designated devas/gods or vice versa.
This gives a clear understanding of what planets (or numbers) are all about in astrological (or numerological) reality.

If we mix up 'honey' & 'ghee', they can become poison or food, depending how proportanately the mix is done.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 19, 2013 6:18 am

Dear Rishi,

Not sure why what is so simple and under your full control does not work for you! If I understood your quandry!

My last few years at work took me daily across a place called SPARK street! It is a pedestrian only long corridor. Most bus tours start from around there! Hot Dog vendors flock that area.

Hot Dogs have a web/yahoo forum appeal but I always pinched my nose as I walked to and back from work through that *blessed* area! (tongue-in-cheek!)

Now, retired, Rishi, I had to cross through that very area and though the stench was still abhorrant, I found myself smiling at the hotdog vendors and even wishing them "Good Afternoon!".

I did not BUY ANY OF WHAT THEY WERE TRYING SO HARD TO SELL, THOUGH! :-)

Love, and Light!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Rishi,

Not sure why what is so simple and under your full control does not work for you! If I understood your quandry!

My last few years at work took me daily across a place called SPARK street! It is a pedestrian only long corridor. Most bus tours start from around there! Hot Dog vendors flock that area.

Hot Dogs have a web/yahoo forum appeal but I always pinched my nose as I walked to and back from work through that *blessed* area! (tongue-in-cheek!)

Now, retired, Rishi, I had to cross through that very area and though the stench was still abhorrant, I found myself smiling at the hotdog vendors and even wishing them "Good Afternoon!".

Love, and Light!

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Sorry I was 'away' for some time.

I did not understand the not work for me bit.
I thought I agreed with you about the topic under consideration; & therefore no quandary.

Or is it something I havent followed?

Rishi

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Fri May 24, 2013 8:09 pm

7th or 8th or 12th house?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 28, 2013 12:15 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Rishi,

Love, and Light!

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Sorry I was 'away' for some time.

I did not understand the not work for me bit.
I thought I agreed with you about the topic under consideration; & therefore no quandary.

Or is it something I havent followed?

Rishi

What you stated in the first line of your earlier post, Rishi! :-)

Dada

Return to “Vedic Astrology”