Analysing events and vimsottari dasa lords

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

mysbcrs

Analysing events and vimsottari dasa lords

Post by mysbcrs » Wed May 08, 2013 5:03 am

Very often while analysing the past events and trying to find the astrological link between the chart and the vimsottari dasa lords operating at the time, I have always felt that it would be good if we can see the data for all events in a table. Such a "view" is especially useful when you are trying to do a BTR.
It helps you visualize the impact on change in dasa lords for one event (due to change in birth time) may have on the other.

I have built a utility that generates such a view. If any of you wish to make use of this, please PM me. It is free (or rather my way of returning favours to you all).

CRS

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Analysing events and vimsottari dasa lords

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 08, 2013 7:08 am

mysbcrs wrote:Very often while analysing the past events and trying to find the astrological link between the chart and the vimsottari dasa lords operating at the time, I have always felt that it would be good if we can see the data for all events in a table. Such a "view" is especially useful when you are trying to do a BTR.
It helps you visualize the impact on change in dasa lords for one event (due to change in birth time) may have on the other.

I have built a utility that generates such a view. If any of you wish to make use of this, please PM me. It is free (or rather my way of returning favours to you all).

CRS
What a brilliant idea! I use a form of table using microsoft word.
Something easier than this would be great.

Is there any way in which it can be shared with us?

RishiRahul

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 am

RishiRahul wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:Very often while analysing the past events and trying to find the astrological link between the chart and the vimsottari dasa lords operating at the time, I have always felt that it would be good if we can see the data for all events in a table. Such a "view" is especially useful when you are trying to do a BTR.

CRS
What a brilliant idea! I use a form of table using microsoft word.
Something easier than this would be great.

Is there any way in which it can be shared with us?

RishiRahul
Thanks Rishiji. The software is not of "industrial strength"  :smt005
Those who are not "technically challenged" may be able to use it. If you want to try you can PM me.

Nevertheless, those who are "technically challenged" :lol: need not lose heart. Anyone who sends me the inputs will get the relevant data back.

Inputs are DOB, Mo's longitude/s, labels for the longitudes, events and related dates. Dates need to be in dd/mm/yyyy format and delimited from event text. The output will be a table that can be imported into a spreadsheet.

Moon's longitudes are expected in 10Ar20 kind of format and may related to main/divisional chart/s. You can even give longitudes for D1 itself for different ayanmshas. I am giving below a sample input format (text file):

Moon:1Aq59 17Li52 19Aq53:D1 D9 D10
DOB:16/02/1969
Event 1:1/1/1992
Event 2:1/10/1996
Event 3:1/10/2000
Event 4:1/1/2001

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 08, 2013 2:33 pm

CRS
This sounds like a useful tool. Some of the commercial software have this feature. PL for instance incorporates a screen which has TOB in x axis and events in the y axis with another layer which allows one to compare the dasas. It is not exhaustive but if the events are chosen with discretion, does make it easy for the user.

Bravo!

Rohiniranjan

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu May 09, 2013 4:37 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

CRS
This sounds like a useful tool. Some of the commercial software have this feature. PL for instance incorporates a screen which has TOB in x axis and events in the y axis with another layer which allows one to compare the dasas. It is not exhaustive but if the events are chosen with discretion, does make it easy for the user.

Bravo!

Rohiniranjan
Thanks RR ji,

I have not used PL. What I have is probably not as sophisticated but may be more usable. In JHora if you want to compare results of Lahiri against Raman for e.g, for a set of events, we really have to struggle (unless one has an Elephant's memory!). I am now able to see the dasa lords in adjacent columns in a spreadsheet.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 09, 2013 4:45 am

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

CRS

Bravo!

Rohiniranjan
Thanks RR ji,

I have not used PL. What I have is probably not as sophisticated but may be more usable. In JHora if you want to compare results of Lahiri against Raman for e.g, for a set of events, we really have to struggle (unless one has an Elephant's memory!). I am now able to see the dasa lords in adjacent columns in a spreadsheet.

This is a WOW!

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 am

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

CRS

Bravo!

Rohiniranjan
Thanks RR ji,

Sophisticated or unsophisticated are relative labels! Ultimately, it depends on one's need and if appropriate tools (one won't do!) are avaialable or produced by ingenious ones!

When one needs to drive in a nail, a hammer alone will be effective, although people in desperation have gotten by with a shoe or a heavy plumber's wrench or a rock.

But when a thorn (like ayanamsha!) needs to be teased out of the flesh, a needle proves to be much more helpful than the hammer! Or shoe, or rock or wrench! ;-)

Best regards,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”