Thousand years of Knowledge................. First Breath!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

vivekvshetty

Thousand years of Knowledge................. First Breath!

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:55 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Vivek ji,

Wish you a Thousand years of 'Knowledge' at this Birthday of yours....

Happy Birthday again,

RishiRahul
Thank you Rishi ji, Thousand years of knowledge sounds great and thank you again for it.
But really knowledge is only ignorance. or to put it more simply knowledge is only of 'one's ignorance.
dont even remember being born and so what is there to celebrate?
beingness became consciousness because of the body, then the world around started labelling the body and the beingness started identifying itself with these labels and started believing it was them (these various labels). became a mere person. The body gave the knowledge of beingness, but that is not 'I'. i am the one having this knowledge of being present. i fall in love with this knowledge and forget the Truth.

sorry if i sound confusing.

Bhikaa baat Agam ki kahan sunan ki naahi,
jo kahe woh jaane naahi jo jaane woh kahe naahin.

it is a 'catch 22' situation actually, but a real Guru gives the ability to understand and hence s/he is so beloved. A Guru gives understanding only and can never give moksha or mukti or any such thing.

I take this opportunity to Thank Rohini ji, Swetha ji, suzico ji, swapnil ji and others who may wish me for my birthday. The wishes are cherished and stored - locked in a deep secret chamber of the heart, fed everyday and when strong matured enough, freed to go back to the wisher.
in other words i want all the good wishes to go back to the sender multiplied manifolds.

vivek.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Thank you so much.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:02 am

Dear Sri Vivek Ji,

Belated wishes! Wish you a very happy and prosperous birth day............

Regards

ChanDubai
"If God did not forgive, Heaven would have been EMPTY!"

Rohiniranjan

Re: VivekShetty ji...........Many Happy Returns of the Day!!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:42 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:

Happy Birthday again,

RishiRahul
Thank you Rishi ji, Thousand years of knowledge sounds great and thank you again for it.
But really knowledge is only ignorance. or to put it more simply knowledge is only of 'one's ignorance.
beingness became consciousness because of the body, then the world around started labelling the body and the beingness started identifying itself with these labels and started believing it was them (these various labels). became a mere person. The body gave the knowledge of beingness, but that is not 'I'. i am the one having this knowledge of being present. i fall in love with this knowledge and forget the Truth.

it is a 'catch 22' situation actually, but a real Guru gives the ability to understand and hence s/he is so beloved. A Guru gives understanding only and can never give moksha or mukti or any such thing.

I take this opportunity to Thank Rohini ji, Swetha ji, suzico ji, swapnil ji and others who may wish me for my birthday. The wishes are cherished and stored - locked in a deep secret chamber of the heart, fed everyday and when strong matured enough, freed to go back to the wisher.
in other words i want all the good wishes to go back to the sender multiplied manifolds.

vivek.

Dear Vivek_ji,

Your very modest statement, "...dont even remember being born and so what is there to celebrate?" is the very basic premise and question that deals with astrology ;-)

We trust our parents, family diaries, etc for the *seed* (bithdata) which then jyotishis utilize to predict future, guide our karmic path and strategy and many individuals strictly follow those, others less, a few not at all. Sometimes the data which we trusted turns out to be wrong or inaccurate, which is a different matter altogether <LOL>.

So let us simply 'celebrate' and rejoice on each birthday and not so much for our joy but because well-wishers, loved one wish for us so.

I hope it makes sense...!

Love, Light, Joy!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:

Happy Birthday again,

RishiRahul

vivek.

Dear Vivek_ji,

Your very modest statement, "...dont even remember being born and so what is there to celebrate?" is the very basic premise and question that deals with astrology ;-)

We trust our parents, family diaries, etc for the *seed* (bithdata) which then jyotishis utilize to predict future, guide our karmic path and strategy and many individuals strictly follow those, others less, a few not at all. Sometimes the data which we trusted turns out to be wrong or inaccurate, which is a different matter altogether <LOL>.

So let us simply 'celebrate' and rejoice on each birthday and not so much for our joy but because well-wishers, loved one wish for us so.

I hope it makes sense...!

Love, Light, Joy!

Rohiniranjan
Namaskaar Rohiniranjan ji,
A Jyotish - one in whom jyotish is ingrained right to the marrow (majja dhaatu) will always see and search a Jyotish angle to everything and this is the mark of a real Jyotish. My post was more 'Daarshanik' and i thank you for giving it an Astrological twist.
This brings us to the definition of birth time. many different viewpoints and each valid in its own premise. The birth time should be one which shows the independent existence of the child. &nbsp;There is also the provision for a Nisheka or Aadhana kundali in the jyotish texts.
The birth time is used to find the Lagan. Lagan or Lagna is nothing else but the feeling of separateness or individualisation of the complete (totality as they say) and this is the seed. this localisation in time and space is what everybody around celebrate. &nbsp;
Real celebration would be to understand this localisation and once this is understood we are out of it and this is what is real joy. Nothing more to be done.
A song for you and only you.

Code: Select all

http&#58;//youtu.be/ECMBn0V7esA
Thank you Rohini ji for your wondrous presence.
vivek
To be a person is to be asleep.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:02 pm

First breath :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:58 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:

Happy Birthday again,

RishiRahul
Rishi=Welcome; sorry I missed the post/saw it later.

Rishi=Yes, Knowledge comes/is desired when one feels the need to come out of 'ones' ignorance.
Dont know if I have got this right, but what comes from you is from the heart.

Rishi=Nor do we remember the time of 'Nisheka' or 'Adhana', though they exist as 'Real Truth'.
The other is the 'Arudha' Truth.

Rishi=Oh! the 'Lagna' & 'Arudha' as Truths!

Rishi=At the outset, yes. Not Actually.

Rishi=At most times a Guru may not see Moksha.
Yes, the ability to 'Understand' the Path; or be guided in the 'Path'.

Rishi=The Best birthday thread of Mysticboard, I presume.

vivek.
Love,

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Rishi,

The actualized 'I' falls within the domain of astrology, while Beingness-Consciousness is beyond astrology...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:47 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Rishi,

The actualized 'I' falls within the domain of astrology, while Beingness-Consciousness is beyond astrology...

Reminds me 'also' of Ramana Maharshi.

Yes. But isnt it within Jyotish?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:59 pm

I think we should start a new thread because of the interesting direction this discussion is taking.
Rishi ji may also agree.
one point i would like to make. Beingness is beyond Jyotish as it is the Jyoti of the Jyotish. But consciousness is very much a part of Jyotish as it is a reflection of the Beingness.
Scriptures describe three states: Jaagrut, shusupta and swapna.
Beingness is Turiyaa. My understanding.
vivek.
To be a person is to be asleep.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:15 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:

I think we should start a new thread because of the interesting direction this discussion is taking.
Rishi ji may also agree.
one point i would like to make. Beingness is beyond Jyotish as it is the Jyoti of the Jyotish. But consciousness is very much a part of Jyotish as it is a reflection of the Beingness.
vivek.

Shetty_ji,

As I look at it, consciousness has two connotations to it. Awareness is one, such as I am conscious of the place, the time, the I (actualized body). This is definitely within the jurisdiction of astrology. However, there is also the CONSCIOUSNESS which exists globally in every being they say, in dhatu, moola, jeeva. While the terms are used in jyotish (in their physical connotation: mineral, flora and fauna), but this CONSCIOUSNESS that I was referring to, I believe is beyond astrology.

The three states of consciousness that you mentioned (jagrit, sushupta, swapna) are essentially levels of awareness. All three, interestingly can be observed objectively, through senses as well as machines, however to the subject, only the first one can be experienced in real time, generally the second one is better observed by others (and machines), and the third one (swapna) can be recalled upon waking up.

However, what about 'lucid dreaming'? The state during which the 'self' becomes aware of being in the dream state. I trust this is a deeper level of awareness that we call, "The witness self". This witness self is normally silent and most people are unaware of. This inner self is aware of all three states of awareness: awake, asleep, dreaming. This self never sleeps (that does not make it Satan! ;-))

This witness self, inner self begins to become more apparent when we observe our breath, start paying attention to the NOW which as we know is always a fleeting moment, as opposed to fluctuating between the moment gone (past) and the moment yet to come (future). These flitting oscillations of the mind (monkey) creates fears, stresses, anxiety, foreboding, guilt etc etc. However the monkey is necessary for staying aware, moment to moment attention which is essential for living in worldly realm. In moments of meditation, the monkey merges with the witness self and a blissful state of meditation is experienced. When the monkey returns to worldly domain, it tends to begin its oscillations again. However over years of meditative practice the monkey becomes quieter and the witness self begins to speak to the monkey self! Intuitions arise. The witness self is connected and in communion with the global self. Jung's collective consciouness,

Words and thoughts can be conveyed normally, as we are doing here, through the monkey self or monkey mind. But it is crude, words never manage to convey entirely the thoughts fully. But we try passionately to improve our capabilities as time goes by. If we care and if we keep trying! :-)

From my monkey to your monkey -- Best regards!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:30 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi
vivekvshetty wrote:

Rishi ji may also agree.
vivek.

I was wondering how we understand 'Astrology' & 'Jyotish'?!

In AIA forum there was a quote by someone which appealed to me about the meaning of 'Jyotish'=
"Dosn't "Jyotisha" mean Jyoti + Isha = light of god. Why should prediction alone be important in astrology??? Was Jyotisha meant only for predictions by the sages or to understand / comprehend / (maybe) experience the light of god???
So symbolism in astrology may reveal certain hidden meanings – but to confine or use these meanings only for prediction......? I am not sure if that alone is the purpose of astrology..... Personally I wouldn't care so much for predictions. But I do want to understand things spoken by the sages........."

I wonder if the above explanation is correct or incorrect. I mean 'sandhi bicched' in bengali.

Also we have the word Turya in Jyotish.

Rishi

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:03 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi
You will have to less miserly with words, Rishi or we all will get confused due to semantics :-)

Why is it (what?) within Jyotish? And you will have to write a longer posting to explain, how!

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:23 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...
I was wondering how we understand 'Astrology' & 'Jyotish'?!

In AIA forum there was a quote by someone which appealed to me about the meaning of 'Jyotish'=
"Dosn't "Jyotisha" mean Jyoti + Isha = light of god. Why should prediction alone be important in astrology??? Was Jyotisha meant only for predictions by the sages or to understand / comprehend / (maybe) experience the light of god???
So symbolism in astrology may reveal certain hidden meanings – but to confine or use these meanings only for prediction......? I am not sure if that alone is the purpose of astrology..... Personally I wouldn't care so much for predictions. But I do want to understand things spoken by the sages........."

I wonder if the above explanation is correct or incorrect. I mean 'sandhi bicched' in bengali.

Also we have the word Turya in Jyotish.

Rishi

RishiRahul
I think I speak for Vivek ji as well, when the two of us were referring to 'astrology' we meant jyotish specifically and not any and all schools of astrology.

I think it is safe to assume that in India Jyotish has always been practiced by the priests and so religious and philosophical symbolism were part and parcel of its structure. In reality, and conceptually, jyotish is a descriptive discipline and uses symbolism very heavily. Hence, the mythological linkage is ingrained. The minds, mind-sets which were devoted to religious and philosophical responsiblities and their influence is very clear depicted in the language of jyotish.

However, it is very flexible too and seems to fit well the pragmatic as well as philosophical outlooks. The worldly and pragmatic will see in it tools for dealing with life's uncertainties, stemming from personal karma, and some may venture forth and utilize it to predict weather patterns (in the past), predict stock market (at present), or many other things (future) as the frameworks of society and accepted norms change. It is a flexible tool that way.

For the philosophical minds, it can provide a rich framework of symbols and symbolisms through which one can fathom human thinking, communal thinking, values and for the religious too it offers a lot of fodder for thought.

Jyotish is only as *confined* as those studying or practising it wish to impose on it and are comfortable with. There is no absolute or rigid "only this but not that" kind of boundary.

Not sure if I managed to convince you but those are my thoughts on that matter!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:31 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi
You will have to less miserly with words, Rishi or we all will get confused due to semantics :-)

Why is it (what?) within Jyotish? And you will have to write a longer posting to explain, how!

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
The beingness- Consciousness reminded me of a utube video of Ramana Maharshi, my son Ritam introduced me to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSNEib2RDl8
He is passionately interested in the works of a 'David R. Hawkins' which is not the same but related.

Ramana Maharshi had atmakarak moon with ketu in the 6th. from Al; & Shani in 3rd. from Al. This shani was opposed moon in D9.
Ramana, I believe, experienced, beingness- Consciousness.

I was only wondering if this Beingness- consciousness could be explained by Jyotish (not astrology).
Or and, if Beingness- Conscuiosness is beyond astrology.

Like my present memory has not experienced/does not remember any/my 'past life'...........similarly my present memory has probably not experienced 'Beingness -Consciousness".

Thus not sure......

Rishi

Return to “Vedic Astrology”