Experiment with the Arudhas....A Research

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Though X-Posted, this is an important and valuable sharing from Shri P.V.R. Narasimha Rao ji:

Above posted by:
Rohiniranjan

I realize in hindsight :-( that this 'steering' that I have inadvertantly done on the original Arudha thread must have created some personally difficult moments for some dear friends and others, but none of that was maliciously intentional. For me jyotish (as tenets and dicta go) and as seen, has never been a religion but rather a mishmash of logic and facts and perhaps some fiction and I am simply curious about it all! Like a child, if at my ripe 2*5 cycle age I may call myself so and others equally ripe or riper might believe me!

First and foremost, this side-tracked, FRESH thread is not about re-searching the Arudhas but SEARCHING them perhaps!

Secondly, at least to me, it is not a coffee-house stroll where we friends gobble up dosa, uttapam, roshogollas, pav-bhaji or dhansak and rumali roti and a steaming cup of Kona coffee (grown on volcanic hawaii) and head back home, lighter in the wallet but heavy in the stomach!

We read and see examples passively, as we read books and scriptures too fall in that category! Books and articles have examples, convincing examples but incomplete and that leaves a lacuna, just like a masala thosa in which exquisite and exotic ingredients, all by the book, were incorporated but SALT was missing and as per the rules of the CAFE, salt shall not be provided and has to be provided by the consumer-customer!

Kind of like the situation in modern jyotish!

But, I am not trying to reform or deform modern jyotish! I just am seeking salt for my thosa, uttappam of curiosity!

Let us get back to Arudha and its many faces and nuances and let us be foremost loyal to JYOTISH and when it is to be applied in real life, it often is not a joking matter! Despite what nameless ones with dubious handles claim it to be or wish to reduce it to...!

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan

{addendum: Incidentally, in recent surgery and Thread-o-plasty etc, my original 'errata amendment' got overwritten by forum software :-(, so to refresh memories, this is the chart I submitted for Arudha Lagna = how others see the nativity SEARCHing! ;-)

Karka lagna
Simha rahu
Tula mangal
Kumbha sun, merc, saturn, moon, ketu
Mesha jupiter, venus

Thanks for helping me in my search (of Arudha meaning and not a paav bhaaji kaa thela, etc!}

RR

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Though X-Posted, this is an important and valuable sharing from Shri P.V.R. Narasimha Rao ji:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JyotishGr ... sage/25050

Text below:
Dear Rohiniranjan and others,

I do hold independent views in several areas, but what you read in my book
regarding graha arudhas is not my independent view.

What I wrote about graha arudhas was what Pt Rath explicitly taught me then. The
teachings were modified by him in later years, as happened with some other
topics.

I was first taught explicitly by Pt Rath that bhava arudhas show the world's
view of the native and graha arudhas show native's view of the world. That is
what went into my book.

Next, I was taught explicitly by Pt Rath that bhava arudhas show tangible
inanimate objects related to a bhava, while graha arudhas of bhava lords show
tangible "animate/intelligent" persons related to a bhava.

{Edited out by RR because it is not directly relevant to the topic and may cause bad feelings, which are not the intention of this branch on the Arudha Thread!}

...my view in this matter is asfollows, [PVR continued...].

Bhava means that which is there (from the Sanskrit root - bhoo, i.e. to be).
Graha means that which grabs [the consciousness]. Pada means an a symbol or a
word or a tangible expression.

Bhavas (houses) show various *inanimate* things, objects and situations. Grahas
(planets) are the *animation* and intelligence (feelings, emotions, thoughts,
motives etc) that interact with bhavas, enliven them and drive them to give the
fruits of previous karmas. This animation/intelligence is what grabs various
inanimate things/situations and animates them.

Arudha pada of a bhava shows how those inanimate things and situations manifest
externally in a tangible way. Arudha pada of a graha shows how the intelligence
and animation (feelings, emotions, thoughts etc) represented by that planet
manifest externally in a tangible way.

For example, 4th house shows vehicles and happiness from vehicles. The facility
to move is an inanimate situation shown by 4th house. The actual physical
vehicle is a tangible/external inanimate object that reflects this. So A4 (bhava
arudha pada of 4th house) shows it. The 4th lord shows the [internal] attitude
towards the facility to move [and vehicle]. It shows the feeling and thinking
with which one approaches the situation represented by the 4th house. How happy
or sad or proud or ashamed or attached one feels towards one's vehicle, for
example, is seen from the 4th lord. Finally, the feeling and thinking with which
one *seems* to the world to approach the situation represented by the 4th house
is is seen from the graha arudha of the 4th lord. How happy or sad or proud or
ashamed or attached one seems to the world to feel towards one's vehicle is seen
from it.

Lagna shows the very being, arudha lagna shows how one's being (and conduct)
comes across, lagna lord shows the thoughts, motives and intelligence driving
one's being and graha arudha of lagna lord shows how the world views the
thoughts, motives and intelligence driving one's being.

Let me take the Hitler example asked by you. AL is in Cn with Saturn in it and
Mars aspecting it. His conduct comes across as being sensitive (Cn), unhappy
(Saturn) and determined (Mars).

Graha arudha of lagna lord Venus may be taken by some in Cp (Li is in 7th from
Venus. Taking 7th from Li, we get Ar. Because 1st/7th from the planet are not
allowed, take the 10th from Ar and land in Cp). However, Parasara's directive is
to take the stronger sign owned by a planet. He did not define two graha arudhas
of a planet based on the two signs owned (Ta and Li for Venus here), though
JHora gives that also (select "Choose a view" in the pop-up menu on a chart and
select "Dual graha arudha view" to get 2 graha arudhas for planets owning 2
signs). As per Parasara's definition, we take Ta as the stronger sign owned by
Venus and get graha arudha of Venus is in Ge.

Rahu in the graha arudha of lagna lord means that the world sees Rahu-like
*motives and thinking* behind his personality and conduct.

Let us take some more examples.

George W Bush had AL in Sc with Ketu in it. His personality and conduct comes
across as being secretive (Sc) and erratic (Ketu) to some and determined (Sc)
and spiritual (Ketu) to some (BTW, Ketu is strong). His lagna lord's graha
arudha is in Ta with Rahu in it. Again world sees Rahu-like motives and thinking
driving his personality and conduct.

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had AL and the graha arudha of lagna lord in Ge with
Jupiter in it. His conduct and personality, as well as motives and thinking
behind it, were seen to be influenced by Ge (idealistic, articulate) and Jupiter
(teacher, wisdom).

Swami Vivekananda had AL in Le and with Mercury and Venus having 3/4th aspect on
it. He came across as a regal (Le), learned, eloquent (Mercury) and charming
(Venus) person. Graha arudha of lagna lord was Aq, aspected fully by Jupiter.
The motivations and thinking behind his personality were seen by the world to be
influenced by Aq (philosopher) and Jupiter (teacher, wisdom). However, it is the
graha arudha of AK that is the strongest reference in his chart (stronger than
lagna, lagna lord, AL and graha arudha of lagna lord). Graha arudha of AK Sun is
in Ar with Mars in it. While lagna lord shows the thinking, motivation and
intelligence behind one's being and conduct, AK soul and its mission. Graha
arudha of AK shows how the world views one's soul and its mission. Taking the
graha arudha of AK as reference, we have Guru-Mangala yoga, yoga of 1st and 9th
lords, on 1st/7th. It shows that the world views him as a soul who came to lead
(Mars) a dharmik mission (9th lord Jupiter).

JFK had AL in Sc aspected fully by Sun, Venus and Jupiter. His personality and
conduct may be seen as being determined and inspirational (Sc), generous (Sun),
charming (Venus in own sign) and wise (Jupiter). Graha arudha of lagna lord was
in Le with Moon in it. World may see some regal (Le) and compassionate (Moon)
motives and thoughts driving his personality.

Best regards,
Narasimha

Above posted by:
Rohiniranjan

Dada,

I saw this post earlier in a yahoogroup forum.

Every good astrologer holds independent views in several or few areas through their research & perception.

Narasimha ji is more vocal about his own, while Sanjay ji is not.

I am not trying to say who is right or wrong; in fact both are right in the same coin about bhava arudhas.
Sanjay ji's theory came earlier, while Narasimha ji's understanding came later as an extension....His own understanding.

I cannot vouch that Sanjay ji's ideas are half baked; maybe some are, maybe not.... but what I KNOW is that I have learnt many concepts from him which is unique in application; & it could be that many have not been able to use it.
Also that the Vedas spoke of mythological stories where its doubtful if they existed/happened in actuality or not.
What we learn from the stories is the 'essence'/'truth' in the stories.

Even a teacher has their Learning curves even if they are 70 or even 90 years old.
Even if the learning curve plateaus, the explanations/concepts mature.

The ending (before the examples where I leave out the graha arudha part):= Lagna shows the very being, arudha lagna shows how one's being (and conduct)
comes across, lagna lord shows the thoughts, motives and intelligence driving

If one looks at what both Sanjay ji & Narasimha ji said,I wonder if anyone is wrong.

Graha Arudhas occupy a higher level of consciousness like D 40 & others higher, about commenting at my limited stage of Learning would be unqualified.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Above posted by:
Rohiniranjan

I realize in hindsight :-( that this 'steering' that I have inadvertantly done on the original Arudha thread must have created some personally difficult moments for some dear friends and others, but none of that was maliciously intentional. For me jyotish (as tenets and dicta go) and as seen, has never been a religion but rather a mishmash of logic and facts and perhaps some fiction and I am simply curious about it all! Like a child, if at my ripe 2*5 cycle age I may call myself so and others equally ripe or riper might believe me!

First and foremost, this side-tracked, FRESH thread is not about re-searching the Arudhas but SEARCHING them perhaps!

Secondly, at least to me, it is not a coffee-house stroll where we friends gobble up dosa, uttapam, roshogollas, pav-bhaji or dhansak and rumali roti and a steaming cup of Kona coffee (grown on volcanic hawaii) and head back home, lighter in the wallet but heavy in the stomach!

We read and see examples passively, as we read books and scriptures too fall in that category! Books and articles have examples, convincing examples but incomplete and that leaves a lacuna, just like a masala thosa in which exquisite and exotic ingredients, all by the book, were incorporated but SALT was missing and as per the rules of the CAFE, salt shall not be provided and has to be provided by the consumer-customer!

But, I am not trying to reform or deform modern jyotish! I just am seeking salt for my thosa, uttappam of curiosity!

Let us get back to Arudha and its many faces and nuances and let us be foremost loyal to JYOTISH and when it is to be applied in real life, it often is not a joking matter! Despite what nameless ones with dubious handles claim it to be or wish to reduce it to...!

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan

RR
Dear Dada,

You trying to deform Jyotish?! Kabhi Nahi (No Never)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:18 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Above posted by:
Rohiniranjan

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan

RR
Dear Dada,

You trying to deform Jyotish?! Kabhi Nahi (No Never)

Rishi
HAHA, SHE is way bigger, stronger and older than all of us combined! We shall go before SHE does! ;-)

{And the intention was definitely not to explore whether certain individuals were right or wrong, hence I edited out the personal comments. I am certain that both were certain that they were recommending the right thing, when they did. It is quite commonly seen in Jyotish (probably true for other schools of astrology/divination too) that certain folks find something that works and recommend, but when others try it, more than a few times, the technique etc simply does not work! Seen with ayanamsha too. Sometimes, if one is observant, it happens also with the individual jyotishi as well (certain things work then stop working etc). Why this is so is the big Mystery that the BIG LADY upstairs alone knows perhaps!}

Love and Light and REALITY!

Rohiniranjan
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Votive

Post by Votive » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:07 am

If I may....as we talk on Arudha padas, can we also ponder on the situation that the Arudha lagna falls only in the houses 3,4,5 and 9, 10, 11.

Or atleast, this is my observation. Viewing it in the North Indian diamond chart, it seems to be sending a signal perhaps. The symmetry of bhavas both on the visible and the invisible half of the chart is rather intriguing.

Interestingly of the so called dusthana or the houses 6, 8 and 12...the AL cannot be there.

Similarly, amongst the Upachaya bhavas, minus the Sixth, there is a 50 % probability of AL falling in an upachaya bhava.

Again, if we take both the trikona and the kendras, there is a 66% probability of the AL being in one of the trikonas or the kendras.

The natural corollary is that in the remaining cases the AL is in the Upachayas. This happens too only when the Lagna lord posits in the second, eighth houses for the AL to be in the third house and when the Lagnesh settles in the sixth and the twelvfth  that the AL is seen in the Laabh bhava. For the Lagna lord to be in the even houses...except the kendra bhavas of fourth and tenth, the AL is in the upachayas certainly.  

In my opinion, AL in third or 8th from 8th brings the sixth from  AL in focus , in this case, a  loaded bhava . Should be a person to whom people gravitate towards naturally, certainly not a recluse. With strong communication channel capability!

votive

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 am

Very Nice analysis Votive Ji Thanks for sharing.......

Now i believe and understand that why Acharyas of Yore and Ancient Vedic Texts are not given the importance much more then what is required
in delineating the chart(s) for predictions here i am not talking about Jaimini , Bhamini concepts or SJC technics/gimmicks etc

What i have learnt from a traditional astrologer is that these AL UL upapadas are useful and MUST be looked into ONLY in Prashna Charts (i.e. Horary Charts) that too depending upon the type queries put out by the questioner

In the name of Experiments we should not make the Astrology Khichadi that is what i am being told and still learning

Regards,

ChanDubai

Votive wrote:If I may....as we talk on Arudha padas, can we also ponder on the situation that the Arudha lagna falls only in the houses 3,4,5 and 9, 10, 11.

Or atleast, this is my observation. Viewing it in the North Indian diamond chart, it seems to be sending a signal perhaps. The symmetry of bhavas both on the visible and the invisible half of the chart is rather intriguing.

Interestingly of the so called dusthana or the houses 6, 8 and 12...the AL cannot be there.

Similarly, amongst the Upachaya bhavas, minus the Sixth, there is a 50 % probability of AL falling in an upachaya bhava.

Again, if we take both the trikona and the kendras, there is a 66% probability of the AL being in one of the trikonas or the kendras.

The natural corollary is that in the remaining cases the AL is in the Upachayas. This happens too only when the Lagna lord posits in the second, eighth houses for the AL to be in the third house and when the Lagnesh settles in the sixth and the twelvfth  that the AL is seen in the Laabh bhava. For the Lagna lord to be in the even houses...except the kendra bhavas of fourth and tenth, the AL is in the upachayas certainly.  

In my opinion, AL in third or 8th from 8th brings the sixth from  AL in focus , in this case, a  loaded bhava . Should be a person to whom people gravitate towards naturally, certainly not a recluse. With strong communication channel capability!

votive
"If God did not forgive, Heaven would have been EMPTY!"

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Votive wrote:If I may....as we talk on Arudha padas, can we also ponder on the situation that the Arudha lagna falls only in the houses 3,4,5 and 9, 10, 11.

votive

My dear Votive,

My first (knee-jerk tendency) was to write to you privately, but then decided to voice my feelings and thoughts publicly. I am not sure why but after reading your thoughts I felt very proud of you! I have been fairly upset, lately, at what I have been reading on Yahoo fora and have been wondering at times: Whither Jyotish...?

Your thoughts provided much *healing* because this is indeed how modern jyotish afficianados must apply their minds to Jyotish. Long ago when I was gradually absorbing astrology from whatever source available: ancient, quasi-ancient and contemporary, I found it remarkable and somewhat disturbing that jyotish still remains imprisoned in minds as a religious entity, where gospel even where questionable remains walled-in like Anarkali! I also was a bit flummoxed by the nearly-TOTAL absence of any examples or real charts in nearly ALL ancient and quasi-ancient literature on Jyotish. More lately, the war (verbal skirmish?) seems to have become focused on and between contemporary jyotish scholars and such wasteful agendas. All this pains me personally, even though I have never had any personal associations with any group or following etc.

Though some may hastily run away from what they think is khichdi, but really it is kheer! Ma used to make kheer at birthdays and always included in her recipe, meva (kernels of dry fruit and nuts). Some children that loved both ate the combo and enjoyed it, others more discriminatory, first skimmed off the meva and enjoyed those, then enjoyed the rest of the kheer. Which one enjoyed the paayesh more, is hard to tell because both groups had a contented smile on their happy faces when they were done!

I liked the way you approached the matter of padas and rightly identified that only six houses can ever have the privilege of hosting the padas (moorings) for the 12 houses in any chart.

In addition to the statistical probabilities you provided, the repeating order (2x) of the padas (for the 12 possible placements of the lord of a house) are interesting to note as well (2nd layer of consideration, with the identification of the padas being the first layer), The 2nd layer repeating pattern (harmonic?) closely following the first half and the 2nd half of the chart in a paired dance of cosmic order. A third layer would be the pairing of different houses with the same pada, as if in a group - namely:
Pada  --  Layer 1
10  --  1, 7
3  --  2, 8
5  --  3, 9
4  --  4, 10
9  --  5, 11
11  --  6, 12
A subtle harmonic relationship would hint at a functional pairing between:
11-6,12 (11th house working in tandem with 6th and 12th houses which are connected through the pada linkages)
but 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 12 being devoid of such linkages (not part of the elite pada group a sort of trisomy endowed with a degree of freedom-of-choice perhaps? Somewhat unencumbured??).

Let us think about that...! For these houses may generally represent the points on which the nativity must work upon and build, for better *mansions* that are in future, even distant future...?

I hope what I am thinking inside is coming across clearly and in an error-free manner (if the interface is working fluidly!).

BPHS gives an order of expression (sudarshan chakra chapter) whereby the planet placed in a house is the highest in expression (the floating and visible meva in the kheer). In charts where a jyotish stellium (has looser orbs than the tropical-seasonal astrolgy tradition!) is placed becomes a key house in terms of phal-bhog in a lifetime. If the dispositor of the stellium happens to be the AL or even AK or Lagna lord (one or more of these) indeed has the potential to be a major driver in life. As in the case you focused upon!

Thanks, Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Its all more of a Intellectual Masturbation then talking about the SUBJECT in many forums

It is called Journalistic Astrology using and coining fancy words Only MAA can help

ChanDubai

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Seething with such jealousy and impotent hatred, already and surprisingly at such a young age...! :-)
How far behind can raving lunacy be...?
Such rancid frustration, and before having even tried anything...!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:20 am

Ranjanda,

Thankyou for your generous praise. If I may be allowed to question a bit more...

There is a visible and elegant harmony in the Arudha concept. If one looks at a trine of 1, 5, 9 , they complement each other to create a whole. If one looks at the other trines...12,1,2;  3,4,5 and so on...they flank and supplement to form an arrow or a wedge , maybe there are better descriptions around. The Arudha then a part of such trines and the bhavas not having the Arudhas too create a pattern.

So, why is the 12, 1, 2 a  trine  which is devoid of the pada?
More significantly, why are the 1 and 7 the leaders of such trines?
Why is the 4/10 axis more prominent for the Padas?
Is it some indication of our current duties in the present?

It is also worthwhile to note that if we notice the AL on the visible ( Sun/daylight/ Father/Path/ Duties/ Light ) part of the chart or the invisible ( Moon/night/Ma/Resources/Love) part.
AL in 3,4,5 bhavas ( Lagna Lord in 2,3,4,8,9,10) and AL in 9,10,11 bhavas ( Lagna Lord in 1,5,6,7,11,12) there is yet another beautiful and vivid symmetry. Depending on the sequencing of the chart, the person can come across as (or appear) to be focused either more on people or on the task, more emotional or more logical, the ida nadi more prominent or the pingla nadi. The continuum could either be benevolent or harsh, when we speak of "people" orientation it could imply a hermit or a Gandhi.
If, of course, as you pointed out, the AL is linked facilely to other key indicators, the flow is smoother, if not how do we try and work on it.

votive

Votive

Post by Votive » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:24 am

Chandubaiji,

Thankyou for your response. I find that in this seemingly confused khichdi , there is a simplicity which we need to look for. But to find that simplicity we need to go through the rather maze like journey!

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:41 am

Votive wrote:Chandubaiji,

Thankyou for your response. I find that in this seemingly confused khichdi , there is a simplicity which we need to look for. But to find that simplicity we need to go through the rather maze like journey!

votive
Life can begin at any age, as long as individuals manage to discover, "NOW!"

Please watch this interview with a cancer survivor! Sue_ji!! The Bollywood/Hollywood Siren!  ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZERZD4xUhFM

Then, reflect upon all these reading requests that flood the jyotish-forums and so on...! Including those that remain unanswered and causing such angst in a few...!

Love, Light, Reality (?)

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:00 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

votive

My dear Votive,

My first (knee-jerk tendency) was to write to you privately, but then decided to voice my feelings and thoughts publicly. I am not sure why but after reading your thoughts I felt very proud of you! I have been fairly upset, lately, at what I have been reading on Yahoo fora and have been wondering at times: Whither Jyotish...?

Your thoughts provided much *healing* because this is indeed how modern jyotish afficianados must apply their minds to Jyotish. Long ago when I was gradually absorbing astrology from whatever source available: ancient, quasi-ancient and contemporary, I found it remarkable and somewhat disturbing that jyotish still remains imprisoned in minds as a religious entity, where gospel even where questionable remains walled-in like Anarkali! I also was a bit flummoxed by the nearly-TOTAL absence of any examples or real charts in nearly ALL ancient and quasi-ancient literature on Jyotish. More lately, the war (verbal skirmish?) seems to have become focused on and between contemporary jyotish scholars and such wasteful agendas. All this pains me personally, even though I have never had any personal associations with any group or following etc.

Though some may hastily run away from what they think is khichdi, but really it is kheer! Ma used to make kheer at birthdays and always included in her recipe, meva (kernels of dry fruit and nuts). Some children that loved both ate the combo and enjoyed it, others more discriminatory, first skimmed off the meva and enjoyed those, then enjoyed the rest of the kheer. Which one enjoyed the paayesh more, is hard to tell because both groups had a contented smile on their happy faces when they were done!

I liked the way you approached the matter of padas and rightly identified that only six houses can ever have the privilege of hosting the padas (moorings) for the 12 houses in any chart.

In addition to the statistical probabilities you provided, the repeating order (2x) of the padas (for the 12 possible placements of the lord of a house) are interesting to note as well (2nd layer of consideration, with the identification of the padas being the first layer), The 2nd layer repeating pattern (harmonic?) closely following the first half and the 2nd half of the chart in a paired dance of cosmic order. A third layer would be the pairing of different houses with the same pada, as if in a group - namely:
Pada  --  Layer 1
10  --  1, 7
3  --  2, 8
5  --  3, 9
4  --  4, 10
9  --  5, 11
11  --  6, 12
A subtle harmonic relationship would hint at a functional pairing between:
11-6,12 (11th house working in tandem with 6th and 12th houses which are connected through the pada linkages)
but 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 12 being devoid of such linkages (not part of the elite pada group a sort of trisomy endowed with a degree of freedom-of-choice perhaps? Somewhat unencumbured??).

Let us think about that...! For these houses may generally represent the points on which the nativity must work upon and build, for better *mansions* that are in future, even distant future...?

I hope what I am thinking inside is coming across clearly and in an error-free manner (if the interface is working fluidly!).

BPHS gives an order of expression (sudarshan chakra chapter) whereby the planet placed in a house is the highest in expression (the floating and visible meva in the kheer). In charts where a jyotish stellium (has looser orbs than the tropical-seasonal astrolgy tradition!) is placed becomes a key house in terms of phal-bhog in a lifetime. If the dispositor of the stellium happens to be the AL or even AK or Lagna lord (one or more of these) indeed has the potential to be a major driver in life. As in the case you focused upon!

Thanks, Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan

I am not understanding this.

Rishi
Votive wrote:Ranjanda,

Thankyou for your generous praise. If I may be allowed to question a bit more...

There is a visible and elegant harmony in the Arudha concept. If one looks at a trine of 1, 5, 9 , they complement each other to create a whole. If one looks at the other trines...12,1,2;  3,4,5 and so on...they flank and supplement to form an arrow or a wedge , maybe there are better descriptions around. The Arudha then a part of such trines and the bhavas not having the Arudhas too create a pattern.

So, why is the 12, 1, 2 a  trine  which is devoid of the pada?
More significantly, why are the 1 and 7 the leaders of such trines?
Why is the 4/10 axis more prominent for the Padas?
Is it some indication of our current duties in the present?

It is also worthwhile to note that if we notice the AL on the visible ( Sun/daylight/ Father/Path/ Duties/ Light ) part of the chart or the invisible ( Moon/night/Ma/Resources/Love) part.
AL in 3,4,5 bhavas ( Lagna Lord in 2,3,4,8,9,10) and AL in 9,10,11 bhavas ( Lagna Lord in 1,5,6,7,11,12) there is yet another beautiful and vivid symmetry. Depending on the sequencing of the chart, the person can come across as (or appear) to be focused either more on people or on the task, more emotional or more logical, the ida nadi more prominent or the pingla nadi. The continuum could either be benevolent or harsh, when we speak of "people" orientation it could imply a hermit or a Gandhi.
If, of course, as you pointed out, the AL is linked facilely to other key indicators, the flow is smoother, if not how do we try and work on it.

votive

Thereafter, I am not understanding this too!

Rishi

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Thanks to GOD in such an early age I got know about and able to

SHED the ShedRipus i.e. Kaama (Lust) Krodha (Anger) Lobha (Want) Madha, Moha, and Matsara

Last 3 I deliberately did not give the ENGLISH translation :smt003

ChanDubai

Rohiniranjan wrote:Seething with such jealousy and impotent hatred, already and surprisingly at such a young age...! :-)
How far behind can raving lunacy be...?
Such rancid frustration, and before having even tried anything...!

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Right buddy! It shows too...!! :smt004

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”