Experiment with the Arudhas....A Research

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Experiment with the Arudhas....A Research

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:33 pm

I knew there was a 'catch' somewhere. Ketu does not act like an usual natural malefic; probably being in the sura group.

So I used to always wonder what difference it would make if Ketu is in the 3rd. or 6th. from Arudha lagna, rather than other malefics?

Rishi
Last edited by RishiRahul on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:06 pm

RishiRahul wrote:I knew there was a 'catch' somewhere. Ketu does not act like an usual natural malefic; probably being in the sura group.

So I used to always wonder what difference it would make if Ketu is in the 3rd. or 6th. from Arudha lagna, rather than other malefics?

Rishi
Mangal, though a malefic (standard view) is listed amongst the suras, rather than asuras! Why? Any thoughts and musings on that? Incidentally there is also the statement, kujavada kethu, the two lords of scorpio! Mystery is in the air...! Or is it mysticism??

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:39 am

RishiRahul wrote:I knew there was a 'catch' somewhere. Ketu does not act like an usual natural malefic; probably being in the sura group.

Rishi

OOps! Ganesha ji is not with me now.
My mistake!

Actually my post is not meant for this thread & should be moved.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:23 am

Natural Benefics in the 3rd. or 6th. from Arudha Lagna (AL) are known to give a saintly nature. ie: the native attains spirituality/richness, and gives renounciation.==passive/spiritual prosperity
While natural malefics in such position are known to give to give a martial/fighting nature. They are known to be harsh on others, giving 'parakram'/martain valour.== active/material prosperity

The planets posited there being strong in navamsa makes the nature activate with strength.

(1)May I attract views on this?

(2) Shani/ketu are natural malefics.
Would there be any difference if they (not together) are placed in 3 or 6 from Arudha Lagna?

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:49 am

RishiRahul wrote:Natural Benefics in the 3rd. or 6th. from Arudha Lagna (AL) are known to give a saintly nature. ie: the native attains spirituality/richness, and gives renounciation.==passive/spiritual prosperity
While natural malefics in such position are known to give to give a martial/fighting nature. They are known to be harsh on others, giving 'parakram'/martain valour.== active/material prosperity

The planets posited there being strong in navamsa makes the nature activate with strength.

Would there be any difference if they (not together) are placed in 3 or 6 from Arudha Lagna?

RishiRahul
Why did (whoever made this rule or observed this pattern!) chose only arudha lagna (pada) and not the lagna or dwadasha (moksha), or 9th (dharma) or even 10th (karma; mission in life) as the pivotal points around which the planets dance?

Love, Light, Curiosity,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:12 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Natural Benefics in the 3rd. or 6th. from Arudha Lagna (AL) are known to give a saintly nature. ie: the native attains spirituality/richness, and gives renounciation.==passive/spiritual prosperity

RishiRahul
Why did (whoever made this rule or observed this pattern!) chose only arudha lagna (pada) and not the lagna or dwadasha (moksha), or 9th (dharma) or even 10th (karma; mission in life) as the pivotal points around which the planets dance?

Love, Light, Curiosity,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

This rule/pattern was popularised by Sanjay Rath school, but seems to be a part of Jaimini concept.

This, obviously, is also applicable from the Lagna, as its more the inner self when compared to the Arudha Lagna.

It may be applied from the 'other' houses from lagna too, for finer tunings.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:33 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Love, Light, Curiosity,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

This rule/pattern was popularised by Sanjay Rath school, but seems to be a part of Jaimini concept.

This, obviously, is also applicable from the Lagna, as its more the inner self when compared to the Arudha Lagna.

RishiRahul
But why from arudha lagna...?  :smt017

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:56 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Love, Light, Curiosity,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

RishiRahul
But why from arudha lagna...?  :smt017

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
Because Arudha lagna signifies the natives material image/how the native  is perceived by others; while the true lagna signifies what the native actually is......
We have a class on this at
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 46&start=0

Am I missing out on something, as the question comes from you?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:02 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...

Because Arudha lagna signifies the natives material image/how the native  is perceived by others; while the true lagna signifies what the native actually is......

Rishi
Can someone tell me how this individual was perceived by others based on arudha consideration.

Karka lagna
Simha rahu
[tula mars] appended-amended!
Kumbha sun, merc, saturn, moon, ketu
Mesha jupiter, venus

Let us objectively review this belief/observation/tenet/truism.

All the best,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:04 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi
Can someone tell me how this individual was perceived by others based on arudha consideration.

Karka lagna
Simha rahu
Mesha jupiter, venus

All the best,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Its not 'black & white' as this; actually.

Let us take any person named 'A'.

Now A has his own feelings + own perception of the self.
Even if both are added together, a clear perception of the person is still not achieved.

Why? because what A feels about the self is still an incomplete perception.
This is because the others' perception is also involved in knowing what A is actuaally.
Now this Arudha perception is not completely the others' perception; but others perception seen through material/tangible eyes. People believe in touch to feel & understand.( Some say this is a feature in kali yuga; but birth charts along with the other special lagnas existed in other yugas too).

BUT it is not as simple as that.

All these perceptions make a complete Whole; and also these perceptions are intertwined with each other.

The arudha Lagna arises from the true lagna, for which the true lagna is the most important; and the Arudha lagna is seen along with it for clarity.

For Practical purposes, I see the true lagna along with the Arudha lagna, atmakarak, amatykarak, palms, birth date for a complete view.

Now while doing the above chart analysis based on Arudha Lagna, I am missing out on Mars.
Even if we exclude Mars, for now, the lagna is soft karka, while the Arudha Lagna is mercury ruled Virgo.

The Arudha is more intelligent, organised than the lagna.
Others see the native as more intelligent or shrewd than he consciously tries to be.

Anyway, what do you view Arudha Lagna as?

RishiRahul
Also The Arudha is where the lagna repeatedly applies it's intelligence, being the paka lagna of the paka lagna= so it is a perception we create out of our behaviour/basic nature/attitude.
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:52 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Karka lagna
Simha rahu
Mesha jupiter, venus

All the best,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Even if both are added together, a clear perception of the person is still not achieved.

This is because the others' perception is also involved in knowing what A is actuaally.
Now this Arudha perception is not completely the others' perception; but others perception seen through material/tangible eyes. People believe in touch to feel & understand.( Some say this is a feature in kali yuga; but birth charts along with the other special lagnas existed in other yugas too).

All these perceptions make a complete Whole; and also these perceptions are intertwined with each other.

The arudha Lagna arises from the true lagna, for which the true lagna is the most important; and the Arudha lagna is seen along with it for clarity.

For Practical purposes, I see the true lagna along with the Arudha lagna, atmakarak, amatykarak, palms, birth date for a complete view.

Now while doing the above chart analysis based on Arudha Lagna, I am missing out on Mars.
Even if we exclude Mars, for now, the lagna is soft karka, while the Arudha Lagna is mercury ruled Virgo.

Others see the native as more intelligent or shrewd than he consciously tries to be.

RishiRahul
Also The Arudha is where the lagna repeatedly applies it's intelligence, being the paka lagna of the paka lagna= so it is a perception we create out of our behaviour/basic nature/attitude.
Rishi,

I am not raising this question to *test* anyone, but just trying and understanding and reviewing this statement that indicates that arudha lagna represents perception of nativity by others. It has been voiced often by many from time to time.

You have named several other 'qualifiers' but the aim here is to just focus on arudha lagna in charts and see how veritably it really is and therefore how useful in a reading. Once again, no disrespect is meant towards the modern sources as well as original source, presumably in the writings by Jaimini.

Let us lay aside worries about our images and like neophytes let us look at the matter without bringing in other factors and nuances. Those we can bring in later, but not at this time. If you wish to and are interested in this and perhaps similar exercises.

I have a bit of concern about the statements about lagna representing the TRUE reality. Personal Reality, perhaps, which is not necessarily the TRUE reality as I am sure you would agree that those two (Personal/subjective vs true) may be not identical!

I amended original post as soon as I realized and amended the original post to include mars. That should not have mattered much, primarily, since the examination is at this point is about arudha lagna as a reliable indicator of how one is perceived by others! So, I invite you to take a second look at the positions given for a karkata lagna individuals with kanya arudha (8th from 8th). Then we can delve further if anything looks promising to proceed!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Karka lagna
Simha rahu
Mesha jupiter, venus

All the best,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

RishiRahul
Rishi,

I am not raising this question to *test* anyone, but just trying and understanding and reviewing this statement that indicates that arudha lagna represents perception of nativity by others. It has been voiced often by many from time to time.

You have named several other 'qualifiers' but the aim here is to just focus on arudha lagna in charts and see how veritably it really is and therefore how useful in a reading. Once again, no disrespect is meant towards the modern sources as well as original source, presumably in the writings by Jaimini.

Let us lay aside worries about our images and like neophytes let us look at the matter without bringing in other factors and nuances. Those we can bring in later, but not at this time. If you wish to and are interested in this and perhaps similar exercises.

I have a bit of concern about the statements about lagna representing the TRUE reality. Personal Reality, perhaps, which is not necessarily the TRUE reality as I am sure you would agree that those two (Personal/subjective vs true) may be not identical!

I amended original post as soon as I realized and amended the original post to include mars. That should not have mattered much, primarily, since the examination is at this point is about arudha lagna as a reliable indicator of how one is perceived by others! So, I invite you to take a second look at the positions given for a karkata lagna individuals with kanya arudha (8th from 8th). Then we can delve further if anything looks promising to proceed!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

I got you clear now. For a moment I thought that you disbelieved in the Arudha being the material/tangible perception :smt005

I referred to the True lagna as true reality. I realised this later a few months ago. Personal reality is more apt.
Also Lagna + Arudha reality is closer to Actual reality.

I am not used to looking at the AL without the Lagna (for practical purposes.
But, for now let me give more importance to Al.

The Al in virgo is the exaltation of mecury; therefore the native is percieved as mercury ruled. Virgo mercury is organised,intelligent, but doesnt aspect either lagnas; but is in the 8th & 6th from L & Al respectively= cornered in life in some way.

mercury in the 6th. from Al signifies spiritual success.
But this may not be so as many other planets are conjunct= either many enemies/adversaries or bad health.
The rath tradition mentions that the person will sway between spirituality & the material; The  (finance) A2 & A11 lords collectively are well posited.

jupiter, venus in the 8th. from Al may show financial or other luck.

AAnd as said before: The Arudha is more intelligent, organised than the lagna.

Is this the way you wanted to proceed?

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:56 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Karka lagna
Simha rahu
Mesha jupiter, venus

All the best,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

RishiRahul
Rishi,

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

I got you clear now. For a moment I thought that you disbelieved in the Arudha being the material/tangible perception :smt005

I referred to the True lagna as true reality. I realised this later a few months ago. Personal reality is more apt.
Also Lagna + Arudha reality is closer to Actual reality.

I am not used to looking at the AL without the Lagna (for practical purposes.
But, for now let me give more importance to Al.

The Al in virgo is the exaltation of mecury; therefore the native is percieved as mercury ruled. Virgo mercury is organised,intelligent, but doesnt aspect either lagnas; but is in the 8th & 6th from L & Al respectively= cornered in life in some way.

mercury in the 6th. from Al signifies spiritual success.
But this may not be so as many other planets are conjunct= either many enemies/adversaries or bad health.
The rath tradition mentions that the person will sway between spirituality & the material; The  (finance) A2 & A11 lords collectively are well posited.

jupiter, venus in the 8th. from Al may show financial or other luck.

AAnd as said before: The Arudha is more intelligent, organised than the lagna.

Is this the way you wanted to proceed?

Rishi

Yes and No, my dear Jyotish-brother and admired friend (cyber?). Let me elaborate and clear the air a bit more. First the bad news: No I did not want us to touch factors that are 'influences' and modifier and the only reason (my justification?) is that we shall soon make it too much of a smorgasbord and that usually happens and then we all participants (silent and vocal) begin scratching our heads due to the complexity! Please note that through our conversation (not discussion or debate! We are not engaging in that!!), if MA wishes us to do so, I am selfishly (for myself?) hopeful that we would be able to look at this issue at a nice, slow saturnine pace...!

Let us just focus on the AruL, the other influences and connections shall come later. Please remember that we are not striving at reaching the FINAL answer just by looking at AruL! Heck NO! I have always been a vehement advocate against that, based on my perceptions in jyotish-on-wheels, of course (rhyming with meals-on-wheels analogy! But let us not worry about that, at this time!).

And we shall avoid, if possible, bringing in the relative position of AruL with Lagna! Very important in the final analysis but let us mentally block that inherent impulse that we have acquired due to our training and standard practice as practising astrologers! Just AruL and possibly lord of AruL, at this time!

I know you are a busy and quick guy, but unless you feel that I am wasting your precious time, or we both are wasting the time of other friends-members, please play along with this slow, saturnine guy! Will you?

And, none of us are trying to challenge any school of thought, starting from the teachings of Jaimini Rishi, to whom we all are beholden, as we (I for sure) am including him and Parashara Muni and all authors, interpretors and teachers etc, thereafter.

Love, Light, Explorations...!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Though X-Posted, this is an important and valuable sharing from Shri P.V.R. Narasimha Rao ji:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JyotishGr ... sage/25050

Text below:
Dear Rohiniranjan and others,

I do hold independent views in several areas, but what you read in my book
regarding graha arudhas is not my independent view.

What I wrote about graha arudhas was what Pt Rath explicitly taught me then. The
teachings were modified by him in later years, as happened with some other
topics.

I was first taught explicitly by Pt Rath that bhava arudhas show the world's
view of the native and graha arudhas show native's view of the world. That is
what went into my book.

Next, I was taught explicitly by Pt Rath that bhava arudhas show tangible
inanimate objects related to a bhava, while graha arudhas of bhava lords show
tangible "animate/intelligent" persons related to a bhava.

{Edited out by RR because it is not directly relevant to the topic and may cause bad feelings, which are not the intention of this branch on the Arudha Thread!}

...my view in this matter is asfollows, [PVR continued...].

Bhava means that which is there (from the Sanskrit root - bhoo, i.e. to be).
Graha means that which grabs [the consciousness]. Pada means an a symbol or a
word or a tangible expression.

Bhavas (houses) show various *inanimate* things, objects and situations. Grahas
(planets) are the *animation* and intelligence (feelings, emotions, thoughts,
motives etc) that interact with bhavas, enliven them and drive them to give the
fruits of previous karmas. This animation/intelligence is what grabs various
inanimate things/situations and animates them.

Arudha pada of a bhava shows how those inanimate things and situations manifest
externally in a tangible way. Arudha pada of a graha shows how the intelligence
and animation (feelings, emotions, thoughts etc) represented by that planet
manifest externally in a tangible way.

For example, 4th house shows vehicles and happiness from vehicles. The facility
to move is an inanimate situation shown by 4th house. The actual physical
vehicle is a tangible/external inanimate object that reflects this. So A4 (bhava
arudha pada of 4th house) shows it. The 4th lord shows the [internal] attitude
towards the facility to move [and vehicle]. It shows the feeling and thinking
with which one approaches the situation represented by the 4th house. How happy
or sad or proud or ashamed or attached one feels towards one's vehicle, for
example, is seen from the 4th lord. Finally, the feeling and thinking with which
one *seems* to the world to approach the situation represented by the 4th house
is is seen from the graha arudha of the 4th lord. How happy or sad or proud or
ashamed or attached one seems to the world to feel towards one's vehicle is seen
from it.

Lagna shows the very being, arudha lagna shows how one's being (and conduct)
comes across, lagna lord shows the thoughts, motives and intelligence driving
one's being and graha arudha of lagna lord shows how the world views the
thoughts, motives and intelligence driving one's being.

Let me take the Hitler example asked by you. AL is in Cn with Saturn in it and
Mars aspecting it. His conduct comes across as being sensitive (Cn), unhappy
(Saturn) and determined (Mars).

Graha arudha of lagna lord Venus may be taken by some in Cp (Li is in 7th from
Venus. Taking 7th from Li, we get Ar. Because 1st/7th from the planet are not
allowed, take the 10th from Ar and land in Cp). However, Parasara's directive is
to take the stronger sign owned by a planet. He did not define two graha arudhas
of a planet based on the two signs owned (Ta and Li for Venus here), though
JHora gives that also (select "Choose a view" in the pop-up menu on a chart and
select "Dual graha arudha view" to get 2 graha arudhas for planets owning 2
signs). As per Parasara's definition, we take Ta as the stronger sign owned by
Venus and get graha arudha of Venus is in Ge.

Rahu in the graha arudha of lagna lord means that the world sees Rahu-like
*motives and thinking* behind his personality and conduct.

Let us take some more examples.

George W Bush had AL in Sc with Ketu in it. His personality and conduct comes
across as being secretive (Sc) and erratic (Ketu) to some and determined (Sc)
and spiritual (Ketu) to some (BTW, Ketu is strong). His lagna lord's graha
arudha is in Ta with Rahu in it. Again world sees Rahu-like motives and thinking
driving his personality and conduct.

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had AL and the graha arudha of lagna lord in Ge with
Jupiter in it. His conduct and personality, as well as motives and thinking
behind it, were seen to be influenced by Ge (idealistic, articulate) and Jupiter
(teacher, wisdom).

Swami Vivekananda had AL in Le and with Mercury and Venus having 3/4th aspect on
it. He came across as a regal (Le), learned, eloquent (Mercury) and charming
(Venus) person. Graha arudha of lagna lord was Aq, aspected fully by Jupiter.
The motivations and thinking behind his personality were seen by the world to be
influenced by Aq (philosopher) and Jupiter (teacher, wisdom). However, it is the
graha arudha of AK that is the strongest reference in his chart (stronger than
lagna, lagna lord, AL and graha arudha of lagna lord). Graha arudha of AK Sun is
in Ar with Mars in it. While lagna lord shows the thinking, motivation and
intelligence behind one's being and conduct, AK soul and its mission. Graha
arudha of AK shows how the world views one's soul and its mission. Taking the
graha arudha of AK as reference, we have Guru-Mangala yoga, yoga of 1st and 9th
lords, on 1st/7th. It shows that the world views him as a soul who came to lead
(Mars) a dharmik mission (9th lord Jupiter).

JFK had AL in Sc aspected fully by Sun, Venus and Jupiter. His personality and
conduct may be seen as being determined and inspirational (Sc), generous (Sun),
charming (Venus in own sign) and wise (Jupiter). Graha arudha of lagna lord was
in Le with Moon in it. World may see some regal (Le) and compassionate (Moon)
motives and thoughts driving his personality.

Best regards,
Narasimha

Above posted by:
Rohiniranjan

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Good Going keep discussing tomorrow pls discuss about the UL i.e. Uttapa Lagna we all will learn more........ and get confused more...........!!!

Astrology is becoming or became?? the Missal paav?? mixed bhaji...........?? Hahahhaa

Regards

ChanDubai
"If God did not forgive, Heaven would have been EMPTY!"

Return to “Vedic Astrology”