Experiment with the Arudhas....A Research

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Haha, my dear brother! You seem to have suddenly *bumped* this old thread after 7 solar/calendar months!

Why such a hurry? I do not understand ;-)

Had it been a human child, there would be cause for concern, because it would constitute a rather 'premature delivery'!!

Love, Light, (some) Levity!

Rohiniranjan
The delivery was premature actuaaly.

I was writing another post on perceptions & Arudhas, and while doing so I remembered this post, opened it after search & replied to it first, thinking to search for more insights. :)

Thanks,

Rishi
If lagnesh is placed in lagna, arudha cannot be in 1st house and falls in the 10th
if in 2nd, arudha in 3
if in 3rd, arudha in 5
If in 4th, arudha cannot be in 7th house, hence falls in 4th
if in 5th, arudha in 9
if in 6th, arudha in 11
if in 7th, arudha cannot be in 7th (from house) hence in 10th
if in 8th, arudha in 3rd
if in 9th, then arudha in 5th
if in 10th, arudha cannot be in 7, hence in 4th
if in 11th, arudha in 9
if in 12th, arudha in 11

Hence, we get arudhas in 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, and 11 only. Which is what Votive ji was sharing, months ago when the pregnant discussion began!  :smt004

Rohiniranjan
Thanks for the elaboration! The relatively lazy myself after all.

I wonder what can we infer from this? as 1,2,6,7,8,12 is left out/not possible?!

Of course, as I am aware, the 1 is left out as Lagna & Arudha lagna cannot be same.

Rishi
Hmmm...!
Please review: BPHS (Sharma, Sagar) E1995; chap31, slokas 4, 5, page 422

After reviewing the slokas or translations thereof, and your observations and experience with padas in your practice, studies, etc., what would you infer about those houses...?

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:24 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Haha, my dear brother! You seem to have suddenly *bumped* this old thread after 7 solar/calendar months!

Had it been a human child, there would be cause for concern, because it would constitute a rather 'premature delivery'!!

Rohiniranjan

I was writing another post on perceptions & Arudhas, and while doing so I remembered this post, opened it after search & replied to it first, thinking to search for more insights. :)

Thanks,

Rishi
If lagnesh is placed in lagna, arudha cannot be in 1st house and falls in the 10th
if in 2nd, arudha in 3
if in 3rd, arudha in 5
if in 5th, arudha in 9
if in 6th, arudha in 11
if in 8th, arudha in 3rd
if in 11th, arudha in 9
if in 12th, arudha in 11

Hence, we get arudhas in 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, and 11 only. Which is what Votive ji was sharing, months ago when the pregnant discussion began!  :smt004

Rohiniranjan

I wonder what can we infer from this? as 1,2,6,7,8,12 is left out/not possible?!

Of course, as I am aware, the 1 is left out as Lagna & Arudha lagna cannot be same.

Rishi
Hmmm...!

After reviewing the slokas or translations thereof, and your observations and experience with padas in your practice, studies, etc., what would you infer about those houses...?

Rohiniranjan

I have the santhanam edition which talks of argalas in chapter 31; the page is not 422 though.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Votive

Post by Votive » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:20 am

If I may...

Visualise the traditional North Indian Diamond chart. The moment we talk of 4, 5 and 6, a compact triangle of bhavas is formed. The Mirror of this is formed in the 9,10,11. An elegant visual symmetry. An interesting flow indeed about Padas.
regards,

Votive

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Votive wrote:If I may...

Visualise the traditional North Indian Diamond chart. The moment we talk of 4, 5 and 6, a compact triangle of bhavas is formed. The Mirror of this is formed in the 9,10,11. An elegant visual symmetry. An interesting flow indeed about Padas.
regards,

Votive

Dear votive,

I have noted a graceful symmetry with the East Indian chart which I am used to.

Also involves 2 movable signs, 2 fixed signs & 2 twin signs if we use the Kaalchakra zodiac with Aries as Lagna.

But then, what would the symmetries mean to say?

RishiRahul

But what can this mean?
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:12 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rohiniranjan

Thanks,

Rishi
if in 2nd, arudha in 3
if in 3rd, arudha in 5
if in 5th, arudha in 9
if in 6th, arudha in 11
if in 8th, arudha in 3rd
if in 11th, arudha in 9
if in 12th, arudha in 11

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
Hmmm...!

Rohiniranjan

I have the santhanam edition which talks of argalas in chapter 31; the page is not 422 though.

RishiRahul
Santhanam version has several chapters edited out, so I am not surprised. Unless he edited out the entire segment about padas and upapada etc, you should be able to find it, in the neighbourhood of argalas, if interested to pursue ;-)

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rohiniranjan

Thanks,

Rishi
if in 2nd, arudha in 3
if in 3rd, arudha in 5
if in 5th, arudha in 9
if in 6th, arudha in 11
if in 8th, arudha in 3rd
if in 11th, arudha in 9
if in 12th, arudha in 11

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
Hmmm...!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Santhanam version has several chapters edited out, so I am not surprised. Unless he edited out the entire segment about padas and upapada etc, you should be able to find it, in the neighbourhood of argalas, if interested to pursue ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Oh! That's bad.

But I was thinking that it was all about argalas and virodargals, except the 1 & 7, and 2 & 12.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:34 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rohiniranjan

Thanks,

Rishi
if in 2nd, arudha in 3
if in 3rd, arudha in 5
if in 5th, arudha in 9
if in 6th, arudha in 11
if in 8th, arudha in 3rd
if in 11th, arudha in 9
if in 12th, arudha in 11

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
Hmmm...!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Oh! That's bad.

But I was thinking that it was all about argalas and virodargals, except the 1 & 7, and 2 & 12.

Rishi
Arudha and padas in general was we had been talking about in these messages, not argalas. That is why I specified the names of Sharma and the publisher Sagar in my citation :-) You picked up a different version, by Santhanam. In Sharma and Jha's versions Padas and Upapadas are just before Argalas. Possibly in Santhanam, that order has been preserved... Please check.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rohiniranjan

Thanks,

Rishi
if in 2nd, arudha in 3
if in 3rd, arudha in 5
if in 5th, arudha in 9
if in 6th, arudha in 11
if in 8th, arudha in 3rd
if in 11th, arudha in 9
if in 12th, arudha in 11

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
Hmmm...!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Oh! That's bad.

Rishi
Arudha and padas in general was we had been talking about in these messages, not argalas. That is why I specified the names of Sharma and the publisher Sagar in my citation :-) You picked up a different version, by Santhanam. In Sharma and Jha's versions Padas and Upapadas are just before Argalas. Possibly in Santhanam, that order has been preserved... Please check.

Rohiniranjan
I always had the santhanam version since young.

I found this on line version
http://viswanadhajyothirnilayam.com/pdf ... raHora.pdf
where chapter 31 is also on argalas.

If the above doesn't help, then I will have to seek the Sharma version.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:42 pm

RishiRahul wrote:...

Rishi
Rishi,

Chapter 31 was as per Sharma's edition which I cited! In this online version padas are chap 29, upapadas are chap. 30, just before argalas as I said earlier! I am guessing that in Santhanam edition instead of looking for it in chap 31, it might be 29 and 30, just like this online short form!

It is such a pity that BPHS and similar texts (modern editions) do not give an index! When I was preparing and developing my primer, since 1980 or so, I was a newbie wordperfect/word user and after fiddling with the index creation feature, gave up in despair :-( But then I figured, hey, I will be sharing it online and electronic books have the CTRL-F (find and search) feature so not having an index is not a huge big deal. But those are helpful in paper books! :smt010

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi
Rishi,

Chapter 31 was as per Sharma's edition which I cited! In this online version padas are chap 29, upapadas are chap. 30, just before argalas as I said earlier! I am guessing that in Santhanam edition instead of looking for it in chap 31, it might be 29 and 30, just like this online short form!

It is such a pity that BPHS and similar texts (modern editions) do not give an index! When I was preparing and developing my primer, since 1980 or so, I was a newbie wordperfect/word user and after fiddling with the index creation feature, gave up in despair :-( But then I figured, hey, I will be sharing it online and electronic books have the CTRL-F (find and search) feature so not having an index is not a huge big deal. But those are helpful in paper books! :smt010

Rohiniranjan

So Arudha lagna can be in 3,4,5,9,10,11 from Lagna. And this is like a symmetry.

I wonder, what this may mean?! :smt017

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:21 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi
Rishi,

Rohiniranjan

So Arudha lagna can be in 3,4,5,9,10,11 from Lagna. And this is like a symmetry.

I wonder, what this may mean?! :smt017

Rishi
Either:

Chaos casts a clear shadow...

OR

MATH-A-MAGIC!

OR BOTH... :smt004

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Namaste Rohiniranjan Ji,

I read some initial posts in this thread today, but not the whole thread.

3H from Lagna and 3H from AL have the following difference according to my understanding of BPHS which I had expressed here recently. 3H from Lagna shows how much Paraakrama you display, and 3H from AL shows the benefic or malefic quality of your Paraakrama , i.e., whether your Paraakrama is saintly or devilish.

My article on Upapada is at my website which I am not allowed to reference here. That is why I open MB rarely.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:Namaste Rohiniranjan Ji,

I read some initial posts in this thread today, but not the whole thread.

3H from Lagna and 3H from AL have the following difference according to my understanding of BPHS which I had expressed here recently. 3H from Lagna shows how much Paraakrama you display, and 3H from AL shows the benefic or malefic quality of your Paraakrama , i.e., whether your Paraakrama is saintly or devilish.

My article on Upapada is at my website which I am not allowed to reference here. That is why I open MB rarely.

VJ
Thanks Vinay ji, and sorry to hear that the matter about the sharing of non-commercial (to my belief and understanding) URL is still an ongoing issue. Hopefully, MB management cooperates.

Can the two implications (houses in D1 and D1-pada distribution, the latter indicating the quality of corresponding house indications) be applied to other padas too? For example, 11th from lagna showing one's earnings and eleventh from arudha pada showing the nature of such earnings (satvic, tamasic, etc)?

How do the pada of 11th house (and 11th therefrom...?)  fit into such a consideration?

For example (partial info, hopefully enough to illustrate the fundamentals) if lagna falls in mithun with mercury in virgo (dhanu becomes arudha)

11th from lagna falls in aries. 11th from arudha falls in libra.

For the extent of income and gains, one will study aries (and mars and other associated factors) and for the quality (guna) and nature of such income we would study influences on libra (venus) etc.

What would we see from the pada for 11th house and 11th therefrom?

So for example if mars (Lord of 11th from mithun lagna) is in pisces, Pada for 11 will fall in aquarius while 11th therefrom would be dhanu (sag).

Thanks for your input and hopefully I typed in the positions correctly.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”