Kendradhipati dosha

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:48 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Let us take the case of a birthtime quite well known to me:
15 June 1969 at 5.13 a.m. in calcutta.

The native ran Jupiter vimshottari dasa from 1990 to 2006.
Jupiter is having kendradhipati dosha & is badhakadhipati also.

He migrated away from his home country towards the end of Rahu dasa.
His best (most comfortable) period in life has been at this time.

Of course, he is having more challenges.. very difficult personal challenges.. during sani dasa (but that is the flavour of sani dasa conjunct venus).

Yes, the native was very carefree at that time.

Rishi
Did he get married in the 30th year? 34th/35th year significant in relation to career??

Mars in 6th (sco) usually positive in terms of victory over enemies, adversities but retrogression could have led to ill-health, blood loss, surgery etc.

RR
Dada,

Marriage in 2004 (age 34). In modern marriages the meeting & marriage is different. So you are not incorrect at all.
Addition on 3rd.= age 30 had a significant development in his relation with his to be wife

Regarding Mars you are quite perfect.
He never had enemies as such, but he won over events in career. He is not the type to cut someone down.
Due to retro mars health problems were sudden, including sudden accidents, eye problems, but manageable till now.

Rishi
Last edited by RishiRahul on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:04 am

He migrated away from his home country towards the end of  Rahu dasa.

Of course, he is having more challenges.. very difficult personal challenges.. during  sani dasa (but that is the flavour of sani dasa conjunct venus).

Rishi

Is this sani dasa and rahu dasa are main dasa or sub dasa?

How about his educational life?

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:

Of course, he is having more challenges.. very difficult personal challenges.. during  sani dasa (but that is the flavour of sani dasa conjunct venus).

Rishi

Rahu & Shani dasas are 'mahadasas;.

His education life was under graduation in Harvard, & graduation in Cornell in investment banking.
He is a masters.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:35 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Of course, he is having more challenges.. very difficult personal challenges.. during sani dasa (but that is the flavour of sani dasa conjunct venus).

Rishi
Did he get married in the 30th year? 34th/35th year significant in relation to career??

Mars in 6th (sco) usually positive in terms of victory over enemies, adversities but retrogression could have led to ill-health, blood loss, surgery etc.

RR
Dada,

Marriage in 2004 (age 34). In modern marriages the meeting & marriage is different. So you are not incorrect at all.
Addition on 3rd.= age 30 had a significant development in his relation with his to be wife

He never had enemies as such, but he won over events in career. He is not the type to cut someone down.
Due to retro mars health problems were sudden, including sudden accidents, eye problems, but manageable till now.

Rishi

Thanks for the feedback, Rishi.
Shani is a very significant and difficult planet to wrestle with! But then its finger (often misused by modern competitive and rude drivers!) in the astrological context usually points to matters where one will be led to and while the experience may be negative at times or often even, some rather important areas etc are generally indicated (this being just ONE of the rules and not something one must run with in a rigid saturnine fashion!) :-(

Its colocation (wider orb than conjunction) with moon and/or venus has often been observed, at least by me, as important pointers! Curiously enough, these two represent the two important women in life: Mother and Wife!

Does the above mean that women are immune to such colocations in their chart? Hoping against hope - such has not been generally seen to be the case. (Just another rule or pointer, and not the pistol shot which signals the initiation of the RUN!

Love and Light,

R[/img]ohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RR
Dada,

Rishi

Shani is a very significant and difficult planet to wrestle with! But then its finger (often misused by modern competitive and rude drivers!) in the astrological context usually points to matters where one will be led to and while the experience may be negative at times or often even, some rather important areas etc are generally indicated (this being just ONE of the rules and not something one must run with in a rigid saturnine fashion!) :-(

Its colocation (wider orb than conjunction) with moon and/or venus has often been observed, at least by me, as important pointers! Curiously enough, these two represent the two important women in life: Mother and Wife!

Does the above mean that women are immune to such colocations in their chart? Hoping against hope - such has not been generally seen to be the case. (Just another rule or pointer, and not the pistol shot which signals the initiation of the RUN!

Love and Light,

R[/img]ohiniranjan

Dada,

It is a very interesting case.

He had a brilliant time during Jupiter Mahadasa. He worked in few of the best 'investment banking' companies in the world, & still is in the top bracket in earnings.
Always  wherever he works he is the favorite of his bosses.

His father expired early in the third part of rahu dasa. Thereafter is education in the west began in the fag end of Rahu mahadasa.

In Jupiter mahadasa he went up & up.

Then he came to Saturn. After 4 years of saturn his spouse (also an equally qualified graduate in the same field), doing even better in professional, suddenly suffered a shock in brain, leading to the 'locked in' syndrome in mid 2010.

Therefore the wife continues playing a important part in his life.
Mother is old but still working due to her own choice & they are in close connection.

I have noticed moon saturn conjunctions of any sort lead to difficult (sort of attract repel. Not implying oedipus) reactions with the mother.
So should be with spouse when saturn conjunct venus, I guess.

I wonder how the kendradhipati + badhakadhipati acted regarding the doors having good guards.

Rishi

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:18 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:

Rishi

His education life was under graduation in Harvard, & graduation in Cornell in investment banking.
He is a masters.

RishiRahul

Thanks Rishi Ji,

I had seen in many horoscopes, simple math rule -X-=+ (minus multiply by minus gives plus) works in astrology too, such as dosa of the dosa create positive outcomes.

Sometime very weakly planet situated in 6/8/12 houses, gives positive results.

In another side Guru is stay with Ketu, Ketu cover or hide companion's character, it can be hide dosa of the Jupiter.

:smt017
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:02 am

Brahma Mihira wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:

Rishi

He is a masters.

RishiRahul

Thanks Rishi Ji,

I had seen in many horoscopes, simple math rule -X-=+ (minus multiply by minus gives plus) works in astrology too, such as dosa of the dosa create positive outcomes.

Sometime very weakly planet situated in 6/8/12 houses, gives positive results.

In another side Guru is stay with Ketu, Ketu cover or hide companion's character, it can be hide dosa of the Jupiter.

Yes, I noticed this. More so Jupiter is in grahayudhha with Ketu, where Jupiter wins.

I wonder if this gives a heightened (somewhat utopian) sense of reality.

Another observation: the 3rd & 6th. from Al is well loaded with planets within a distance of 1 degree (grahayuddha degrees)

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:23 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Yes, I noticed this. More so Jupiter is in grahayudhha with Ketu, where Jupiter wins.

Another observation: the 3rd & 6th. from Al is well loaded with planets within a distance of 1 degree (grahayuddha degrees)

RishiRahul

Yes, I also see in many charts, grahayudhha unconditionally gives results as chetabala, lot of time as natural character of that planet.
Then he came to Saturn. After 4 years of saturn his spouse (also an equally qualified graduate in the same field), doing even better in professional, suddenly suffered a shock in brain, leading to the 'locked in' syndrome in mid 2010.

7th lord Jupiter is in Sun's nakarashta, Sun belongs to brain and head. Sun is 3rd lord. Saturn is 22/64 planet combines with Venus who represents spouse. Ketu tends to keep locked in house, 7th lord.
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:50 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RR
Dada,

Rishi

Love and Light,

R[/img]ohiniranjan

Dada,

He had a brilliant time during Jupiter Mahadasa. He worked in few of the best 'investment banking' companies in the world, & still is in the top bracket in earnings.

His father expired early in the third part of rahu dasa. Thereafter is education in the west began in the fag end of Rahu mahadasa.

Mother is old but still working due to her own choice & they are in close connection.

I have noticed moon saturn conjunctions of any sort lead to difficult (sort of attract repel. Not implying oedipus) reactions with the mother.

I wonder how the kendradhipati + badhakadhipati acted regarding the doors having good guards.

Rishi

Hi Rishi,

Sorry for delay in responding. Was a bit occupied. In the case that you presented, jupiter has the so called kendradhipati dosh (as per classics) and also serves as the lord of badhak sthana. If we just run with that, many if not all born in common (mutable, dwiswabhava) rashis would be deprived of the good influences of two otherwise considered helpful planets. Whether that indeed is the case, in many cases if for each of us to examine and come to a resolution for themselves! A corollary too is regarding the maleficience (?) of the lord of badhaksthana. For the prisoner, the jailor may seem like a harmful enemy, but is it? Another thing to ponder upon, examine and come to self-resolution about.

In this case, Jupiter has showered only bounties on the individual. No planet is in badhaksthana, hence as far as I am concerned, the jail is empty in the natal chart, although such would not necessarily remain the case during meaningful transits, progressed chart, etc.

Is Jupiter indicating matters in an expected manner or is influenced by other factors such as argala, AV, dignity, avasthas, KP configuration, etc. etc. (the treasure-chest of Jyotish, in other words!)? The smorgasbord is endless...

On the other hand, saturn seems to have created havoc in life. In the bhukti of lagnesh. Now was that due to some residual kendhradhipati dosha of otherwise seemingly healthy mercury (although in XII)? Or is it because it is in the nakshatra of moon which is a bit too close for comfort (pakshabala) to sun who is darakaraka? Mercury falls in the kutumba-pada (2P) which is in the 12th house (warning bells, had this been a real case as opposed to a retro-engineered study (which are important for self-study or continuing education for even seasoned astrologers).

I do not wish to digress but I am seeing a few indicators in this chart which would indicate a weak, troublesome or troubling 5th house and associated astro-factors.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:45 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RR
Dada,

Rishi

Love and Light,

R[/img]ohiniranjan

Dada,

Rishi

Hi Rishi,

Sorry for delay in responding. Was a bit occupied. In the case that you presented, jupiter has the so called kendradhipati dosh (as per classics) and also serves as the lord of badhak sthana. If we just run with that, many if not all born in common (mutable, dwiswabhava) rashis would be deprived of the good influences of two otherwise considered helpful planets. Whether that indeed is the case, in many cases if for each of us to examine and come to a resolution for themselves! A corollary too is regarding the maleficience (?) of the lord of badhaksthana. For the prisoner, the jailor may seem like a harmful enemy, but is it? Another thing to ponder upon, examine and come to self-resolution about.

In this case, Jupiter has showered only bounties on the individual. No planet is in badhaksthana, hence as far as I am concerned, the jail is empty in the natal chart, although such would not necessarily remain the case during meaningful transits, progressed chart, etc.

Is Jupiter indicating matters in an expected manner or is influenced by other factors such as argala, AV, dignity, avasthas, KP configuration, etc. etc. (the treasure-chest of Jyotish, in other words!)? The smorgasbord is endless...

On the other hand, saturn seems to have created havoc in life. In the bhukti of lagnesh. Now was that due to some residual kendhradhipati dosha of otherwise seemingly healthy mercury (although in XII)? Or is it because it is in the nakshatra of moon which is a bit too close for comfort (pakshabala) to sun who is darakaraka? Mercury falls in the kutumba-pada (2P) which is in the 12th house (warning bells, had this been a real case as opposed to a retro-engineered study (which are important for self-study or continuing education for even seasoned astrologers).

I do not wish to digress but I am seeing a few indicators in this chart which would indicate a weak, troublesome or troubling 5th house and associated astro-factors.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

In this chart Jupiter's sayanadi awastha is wonderful even it is situated in dead & asleep status,

Is dead state consider as give maraka to person (as lot of astrologers say) or it is don't give any effects which is have to give? (cause lifeless)

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:52 am

Similar case is my owner chart, as I'm tula lagna, my sun is 11th lord, so as bhavadipathi dosa have, as well as it is badaka planet to tula lagna,

But my sun's maha dasa period is most happiest & wonderful time in my life.

In another angle, within other maha dasa periods and in sun's sub dasa periods (except sun MD & sun AD), lot of objections came to my life.

:smt004

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote: ...

In this chart Jupiter's sayanadi awastha is wonderful even it is situated in dead & asleep status,

Is dead state consider as give maraka to person (as lot of astrologers say) or it is don't give any effects which is have to give? (cause lifeless)

Thank God, NO! The world's population would have become a lot leaner, were that to be the case!

Oh, and we cannot have our cake and eat it too! If jupiter was down in energy, one can explain away its maleficience, but it would not turn into such a super benefic as seems to have been the case!  :smt004

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:Similar case is my owner chart, as I'm tula lagna, my sun is 11th lord, so as bhavadipathi dosa have, as well as it is badaka planet to tula lagna,

But my sun's maha dasa period is most happiest & wonderful time in my life.

In another angle, within other maha dasa periods and in sun's sub dasa periods (except sun MD & sun AD), lot of objections came to my life.

:smt004
This just goes to indicate, again (like Rishirahul's example) that badhakesha (lord of badhaka house) is not bad, even though the badhaka house is. Look for charts with planets in badhaka houses and then examine their dasas and of the planets that are in the stars of planets placed in badhaka houses in charts.

For bhuktis one has to study not those alone but their relationships with the main period lord and bhavas etc. There are also many other riders. If you are interested in pursuing this further, a good use of your time would be to study seriously Laghu Parashari (bhashya). Don't agonise over which translation etc. Sareen's is good and a few others too are available. For serious students of astrology, it sometimes pays to read more than one translations etc. Different nuances often get picked up, that way.

Good luck!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:37 am

Brahma Mihira wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

RishiRahul

Yes, I also see in many charts, grahayudhha unconditionally gives results as chetabala, lot of time as natural character of that planet.

7th lord Jupiter is in Sun's nakarashta, Sun belongs to brain and head. Sun is 3rd lord. Saturn is 22/64 planet combines with Venus who represents spouse. Ketu tends to keep locked in house, 7th lord.

I wonder if vimshottari mahadashas involving grahayudhhas give stability?
You should do a data research on these and get back.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:01 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

RR
Dada,

Rishi

Love and Light,

R[/img]ohiniranjan

Dada,

Rishi

Hi Rishi,

Rishi=Besides the fact that mahadasas involved in grahayudhha degrees; sighting the badhakadhipati as the jailor makes sense.

Rishi= Yes, and actually, bringing in transits, progressed charts would confuse/dilute the results.

Rishi=In my opinion Argalas, avasthas would add or substract on the main condition.
K.P. considerations would only what the period would be important for; how bad/good, and around this.

Rishi=I liked B Mihira's explanation with ketu & grahayudhha degrees.

Rishi=Yes, the fifth lord/house is no doubt troublesome constantly... shukra with debilitated shani conjunct + 5th. in papakarthari

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”