Rahu- Most Powerful

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

morning.mirage

Rahu- Most Powerful

Post by morning.mirage » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Malefic or benefic, is Rahu the most powerful planet in today's age?

If in the sign of a benefic like Jup and aspected by it from a kendra/trine, could it bring the native positive results/renown?

Rohiniranjan

Re: Rahu- Most Powerful

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 am

morning.mirage wrote:Malefic or benefic, is Rahu the most powerful planet in today's age?

If in the sign of a benefic like Jup and aspected by it from a kendra/trine, could it bring the native positive results/renown?
It is a usual (common, dare I say even typical if not universal) tendency amongst astrologers (pretty much at any level) to form a mind-set in which not the nativity (with all the karmic baggage) but the planets (mere indicators, not causal) become the good or bad guys, and sometimes even the ugly!

I think Rahu alone just represents the wires, chips, transistors, capacitors, funny-smelling circuit boards and other accoutrement that require other factors to transform into a circuit board that runs your computer, your car, your dishwasher, your radio, your television, your rockets, your heat-guided missiles, your bank machines, your security system, etc etc etc!

The analogy is fairly similar to how astrology works!

Rahu in its subperiod for instance can happen to be associated with someones parent going on a coveted foreign trip, and then be seen to be associated with the nativity entering a professional educational line, then lose the parent, then bring in a period of spiritual understanding and reunion with family, or a very significant point in career leading to planning for future, etc etc!

But did Rahu DO all that? Alone?? Was it Rahu's powerfulness or shall we just call all that Rahu's Blessing?

Rahu, they say, is a shadow planet that puts a fog around the brain, dims or distorts perception, causes illusions, mis-interpretations, deceptions, inability to clearly understand the true intentions of others, or their sincerity, and gives horrible, undiagnosable diseases that baffle doctors (of all cloths!).

Perhaps, but not necessarily always! The mythological tale of the birth or rather formation of rahu and ketu may seem like a far-fetched ancient fable, but like each fable (from any and all cultures) has many embedded lessons in it! Perhaps all fables were created by Rahu and Ketu? (I am saying that in jest of course!).

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Certain

Post by Certain » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:29 am

morning.mirage wrote:Malefic or benefic, is Rahu the most powerful planet in today's age?

Rahu , not only in the signs of benefic but also in the signs of known natural malefics can certainly bring positive or negative results.
Placement and context both are significant for evaluation. One example will be  
Rahu in the house of moon in 12th house , positively can make you adventurous in relevant matters of house like meditation, travel. It can give you extensive travel or permanent residence away from your community.
If your community is largely not on same page as you are...you are certainly lucky to have that.
On the Other hand same Rahu may make your sleep irregular , you can have excessive sleep or insomnia. It can also cause  excessive expenditure ...again all above is subject to terms , conditions and other aspects.
Context is very significant for each planet no matter who that is. All placed into right place of use of their inherent nature do great things and vice versa.
Second thing which many miss out most of the time is interpretation of enemies with respect to a context. Even enemies placed in same sign on certain contexts don't antagonize each other.
If you place Sun and Rahu in fourth house ,both aspecting 10th house , both are ambitious towards profession , one is karaka and latter loves significance in life. Both will happily help each other and native to enhance his/her profession, and full enhancement will be displayed through good professional achievement. Damage will be accrued by either 4th house or Sun's own house. Sun's idealistic behavior for the fourth house matters and     efforts will go unrewarded or may remain overshadowed. Reason being 4th house matters can be only bone of contention between both as one is super idealistic and latter is super desirous. They are complete mismatch for fourth house matters having different definitions for 'house of mother's love and peace to heart'. Both would bring altogether different things into destiny so antagonism and damage will prevail to a relevant extent.
Again terms and conditions apply*   :)

Certain

Post by Certain » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:35 am

Rohiniranjan wrote: Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan[/color]
You are right. Rahu brings light these days...The Electricity  :)
Hope you are doing great.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:12 am

Certain wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan[/color]
You are right. Rahu brings light these days...The Electricity  :)
Hope you are doing great.
Yes I am doing fine, Certain_ji!

Do you think Dalton Awataar (teacher or cheater?) and associated E-Scandals (all electricity and ELECT-ronics related!) had something to do with RAHU?

His chin did make me wonder sometimes. Physiognomically speaking, of course!

Love, Light, Levity,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

morning.mirage

Post by morning.mirage » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 am

Certain, what if Rah's in Lag (Jup's H) and aspected by LL Jup (conjunct Ven) from 9th?

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi,

My question is How Rahu behaves when hemmed between 2 benefics i.e. Jup and Venus? he is an anti clock moving guy does not own any house? or lordship? he behaves as per traditional astrology due to his Nakshatra lord or a house lord..

So the same rahu when in Shubha kartari (SKY) or Paapa Kartari Yoga (PKY) would like to know what are the results in his Mahadasa?

E.g: chart

31st Aug 1980
2:44 AM
Chitradurga - Karnataka

Any insights from the learned one's here?

Regards

ChanDubai
"If God did not forgive, Heaven would have been EMPTY!"

Certain

Post by Certain » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:34 am

Shubh kartari yoga here benefits second house in the above said example. I would not alter Rahu's faladesha here just because Rahu is hemmed within two benefics. Rahu's inherent nature doesn't gel with water signs , so in my opinion in the above said example of Chart , Client will have whole life with sharp and steep changes in  family relationships or financial status, areas/house governed by Rahu. Story will undulate from rags to riches and vice versa. It sits opposite to the 8th house. It will have mixed results of Rahu Mahadasha.
Water signs don't make a good substrate of Rahu's capabilites.  Any time I see Rahu in water sign I find native struggling between idealism and practicality state of mind which Rahu doesnt fit in.
Only those natives are born with Rahu in water signs who don't want to generate Karmic imbalance stemming from the domain /house lorded by Rahu.

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 am

Dear Certain Ji,

Thank you for the inputs its useful to understand further. I agree with you for most of your below analysis

I understand that Rahu will produce the results of his HL where is positioned and also the Nakshatra lord I guess we also needs to take into consideration of Shani Vad Rahu so sometimes Rahu may produce the results of Shani too in some charts/cases my limited understanding..

Since you made the comment

//It sits opposite to the 8th house. It will have mixed results of Rahu Mahadasha.//

Can you please explain a bit on this? as in this case 8H is owned by Shani

Regards

ChanDubai

Certain wrote:Shubh kartari yoga here benefits second house in the above said example. I would not alter Rahu's faladesha here just because Rahu is hemmed within two benefics. Rahu's inherent nature doesn't gel with water signs , so in my opinion in the above said example of Chart , Client will have whole life with sharp and steep changes in  family relationships or financial status, areas/house governed by Rahu. Story will undulate from rags to riches and vice versa. It sits opposite to the 8th house. It will have mixed results of Rahu Mahadasha.
Water signs don't make a good substrate of Rahu's capabilites.  Any time I see Rahu in water sign I find native struggling between idealism and practicality state of mind which Rahu doesnt fit in.
Only those natives are born with Rahu in water signs who don't want to generate Karmic imbalance stemming from the domain /house lorded by Rahu.

Certain

Post by Certain » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Shani vat Rahu  really  doesn't mean it would exactly give same results as of Shani. I have understood this sentence as representing the malicious nature of planet and intensity of its predisposition. Reason why jup /venus / moon are called mild is that they have less intensity in their nature while all others are very intense in their thoughts and dispositions like Sun , Mars Saturn and Rahu. When sage mentioned shani vat rahu...meant obstinacy and intensity of predisposition like saturn.
But it does not bring results same as saturn. Both have difference in their nature.

It 'sits opposite 8th house' was in reference to previous sentence suggesting that it would attract and influence 8th house function of transformations cycle continuously  reinforced by its own nature , its water sign placement and then 7th aspect to 8th house. All these factors will make sure that there are ups and downs in life in reference to second house matters. Fluctuations in family/material wealth will be caused by 'ethics and practicality' dilemma.
House lordship is as much important as the aspects on it. Rahu's aspects certainly wont let 8th house sit silently in life.
In addition to that Rahu  always resides in the house where soul is desirous but inexperienced. Ketu on the other hand resides where soul has past experiences and is familiar.
You notice how there are opposite always ..in past life if you are exposed  more to spousal finance/ inheritance of forefathers ...you don't learn to earn aggressively. That is what it was for him.
Rahu here is in second house in cancer which means native wants money but wants it ethically and wants a lot of it. Moon is in 11th house another factor reinforcing the fact. Ketu in 8th house indicates he lived past lives on money earned by family members or spouse (not necessarily with ill intent of living off other's money) but in this life he / she wants to do that to balance inadequacy.
Rahu in water sign indicates native is very well familiar with principles of moral ethics.
Saturn in 4th house lord of 8th house in home life is ground to motivate him/her to have good family life and good financial life.
If rahu here was in any fire sign I would have said sustained riches as fire signs offer full support to Rahu's agenda and any 8th house influence successfully with be overcome by shifting native to unethical practices (unless directly accompanied by house lord or Jupiter in conjunction). 'Killing enemy by whatever it takes is supported by Rahu in fire signs/air/earth not in water signs"

Rahu here will force person to push to gain wealth...which will be acquired and once it is acquired ...circumstances will bring situations where crude practicality will be required to maintain that wealth but Rahu in water sign will not be able to do non ethical things to every extent , will do only to milder levels. It will observe its limits so downs will show up.  
That is why I had said it will be mixed Dasha considering all factors in mind.

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Dear Certain Ji,

Very well explained and articulated! thank you so much for brining these subtle meanings, indications of possible results of Rahu and Ketu..

Appreciate your sharing and time

Regards

ChanDubai

Certain wrote:Shani vat Rahu  really  doesn't mean it would exactly give same results as of Shani. I have understood this sentence as representing the malicious nature of planet and intensity of its predisposition. Reason why jup /venus / moon are called mild is that they have less intensity in their nature while all others are very intense in their thoughts and dispositions like Sun , Mars Saturn and Rahu. When sage mentioned shani vat rahu...meant obstinacy and intensity of predisposition like saturn.
But it does not bring results same as saturn. Both have difference in their nature.

It 'sits opposite 8th house' was in reference to previous sentence suggesting that it would attract and influence 8th house function of transformations cycle continuously  reinforced by its own nature , its water sign placement and then 7th aspect to 8th house. All these factors will make sure that there are ups and downs in life in reference to second house matters. Fluctuations in family/material wealth will be caused by 'ethics and practicality' dilemma.
House lordship is as much important as the aspects on it. Rahu's aspects certainly wont let 8th house sit silently in life.
In addition to that Rahu  always resides in the house where soul is desirous but inexperienced. Ketu on the other hand resides where soul has past experiences and is familiar.
You notice how there are opposite always ..in past life if you are exposed  more to spousal finance/ inheritance of forefathers ...you don't learn to earn aggressively. That is what it was for him.
Rahu here is in second house in cancer which means native wants money but wants it ethically and wants a lot of it. Moon is in 11th house another factor reinforcing the fact. Ketu in 8th house indicates he lived past lives on money earned by family members or spouse (not necessarily with ill intent of living off other's money) but in this life he / she wants to do that to balance inadequacy.
Rahu in water sign indicates native is very well familiar with principles of moral ethics.
Saturn in 4th house lord of 8th house in home life is ground to motivate him/her to have good family life and good financial life.
If rahu here was in any fire sign I would have said sustained riches as fire signs offer full support to Rahu's agenda and any 8th house influence successfully with be overcome by shifting native to unethical practices (unless directly accompanied by house lord or Jupiter in conjunction). 'Killing enemy by whatever it takes is supported by Rahu in fire signs/air/earth not in water signs"

Rahu here will force person to push to gain wealth...which will be acquired and once it is acquired ...circumstances will bring situations where crude practicality will be required to maintain that wealth but Rahu in water sign will not be able to do non ethical things to every extent , will do only to milder levels. It will observe its limits so downs will show up.  
That is why I had said it will be mixed Dasha considering all factors in mind.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:37 pm

One thing about the lunar nodes we all can appreciate about is the shadowy mist that surrounds those. Even BPHS reflects *this* in the somewhat conflicting manner those have been described, at the beginning vs towards the end of the magnum opus of jyotish!

Jyotish has several such somewhat cryptic statements embedded in it, such as bhavat bhavam, karako bhav nashaaya, kujavata ketu..., etc. However, these do make sense in many charts and where they do not, some would wring their hands in despair, roll their eyes and move on. Others will not!

So, is this "shanivada rahu..." adage, universally-applicable as in "rahu will always be of shani's nature?" or is it a conditional situation? Sometimes it is, sometimes not! If we do manage to find instances where rahu indeed serves as shani (similar qualitatively) would ketu in the same chart necessarily act similar to mars, attribute-wise? And, why only saturn and mars become accomplices in this chandaal-chowkdi? Are nodes always malefic? In what sense are they malefic or rather, which level of being in the vast spectrum of *human experiences*? In the adage, is the hint being given by ancient sages that the way rahu and/or ketu function in a chart is dependent on how saturn and/or mars pan out in the specific chart? In that way, are the nodes akin to mercury? Bad when in bad company, good in good company? Perhaps many such questions and questionable musings can ensue, were one so inclined!

But what if, the adage is merely and primarily pointing to the possibility that there exists a competition between saturn and rahu, and a similar duel exists between mars and ketu! This kind of changes the *game*, does it not? And is it global (anywhere in the chart?) or local/regional (again, in the chart!)?

Parashara and Jaimini state very clearly that Kumbha (aquarius) has two rulers, saturn and rahu, while vrischika has mars and ketu. Now the question arises: Both are co-rulers, or are opponent candidates in an election? The winner assuming the rulership of these two enigmatic signs. Questions then continue to simmer, of course! Why these two signs? What happens to the candidate that loses in the election? Are there instances of 'vote-rigging' that jyotishi must keep an eye over? The last question is a non-sequiter, and rhetorical, of course :-)

Just to be a bit more complete, if not arisen already, the question would eventually: Is the rulership for life (lifelong?) or like many elections, specific to a certain period or duration in years -- as scaled in the astrological context!

Hopefully, my sharing provided some food for thought, grist for the mill, as they say...!

Love, Light, Questions,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:15 pm

It is not just  a food for thought but a FEAST!! :smt003

I don't want to call it barmicides feast either as many of us know who are Rahu/Ketu how they behave what are the characteristics? your below write up adds more dimension to see and look at them no new things or findings..

I asked a very specific question as to (with the example chart) How abt Rahu's MD? when this Rahu is hemmed between 2 Natural benefics?

interestingly Rahu and Ketu being a MATHEMATICAL points (bindus) cutting across the Moon and the same Rahu (in given example) is placed in Moon's House...

So what do/we expect when the Rahu MD starts for the native?

Certain Ji has already given the hint and shared his observations I am only looking for other learned people's ADDITIONAL view on this

Regards,

ChanDubai

Rohiniranjan wrote:One thing about the lunar nodes we all can appreciate about is the shadowy mist that surrounds those. Even BPHS reflects *this* in the somewhat conflicting manner those have been described, at the beginning vs towards the end of the magnum opus of jyotish!

Jyotish has several such somewhat cryptic statements embedded in it, such as bhavat bhavam, karako bhav nashaaya, kujavata ketu..., etc. However, these do make sense in many charts and where they do not, some would wring their hands in despair, roll their eyes and move on. Others will not!

So, is this "shanivada rahu..." adage, universally-applicable as in "rahu will always be of shani's nature?" or is it a conditional situation? Sometimes it is, sometimes not! If we do manage to find instances where rahu indeed serves as shani (similar qualitatively) would ketu in the same chart necessarily act similar to mars, attribute-wise? And, why only saturn and mars become accomplices in this chandaal-chowkdi? Are nodes always malefic? In what sense are they malefic or rather, which level of being in the vast spectrum of *human experiences*? In the adage, is the hint being given by ancient sages that the way rahu and/or ketu function in a chart is dependent on how saturn and/or mars pan out in the specific chart? In that way, are the nodes akin to mercury? Bad when in bad company, good in good company? Perhaps many such questions and questionable musings can ensue, were one so inclined!

But what if, the adage is merely and primarily pointing to the possibility that there exists a competition between saturn and rahu, and a similar duel exists between mars and ketu! This kind of changes the *game*, does it not? And is it global (anywhere in the chart?) or local/regional (again, in the chart!)?

Parashara and Jaimini state very clearly that Kumbha (aquarius) has two rulers, saturn and rahu, while vrischika has mars and ketu. Now the question arises: Both are co-rulers, or are opponent candidates in an election? The winner assuming the rulership of these two enigmatic signs. Questions then continue to simmer, of course! Why these two signs? What happens to the candidate that loses in the election? Are there instances of 'vote-rigging' that jyotishi must keep an eye over? The last question is a non-sequiter, and rhetorical, of course :-)

Just to be a bit more complete, if not arisen already, the question would eventually: Is the rulership for life (lifelong?) or like many elections, specific to a certain period or duration in years -- as scaled in the astrological context!

Hopefully, my sharing provided some food for thought, grist for the mill, as they say...!

Love, Light, Questions,

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:34 pm

ChanDubai wrote:It is not just  a food for thought but a FEAST!! :smt003

I don't want to call it barmicides feast either as many of us know who are Rahu/Ketu how they behave what are the characteristics? your below write up adds more dimension to see and look at them no new things or findings..

I asked a very specific question as to (with the example chart) How abt Rahu's MD? when this Rahu is hemmed between 2 Natural benefics?

interestingly Rahu and Ketu being a MATHEMATICAL points (bindus) cutting across the Moon and the same Rahu (in given example) is placed in Moon's House...

Certain Ji has already given the hint and shared his observations I am only looking for other learned people's ADDITIONAL view on this

Regards,

ChanDubai

Rohiniranjan wrote:One thing about the lunar nodes we all can appreciate about is the shadowy mist that surrounds those. Even BPHS reflects *this* in the somewhat conflicting manner those have been described, at the beginning vs towards the end of the magnum opus of jyotish!

Love, Light, Questions,

Rohiniranjan
My dear friend ChanDubai,

I was neither trying to answer your question, nor offering you a reading! So, am not sure why you felt it necessary to retort in such a manner :-)

Certain ji has already answered your *specific* query, so further additions to that were not felt necessary!

That said, the thread also contained a mention of the aphorism, "SVR-KVK", which is what I was *specifically* addressing.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Thank you for your clarifications Dada Ji..........

Regards

ChanDubai

Rohiniranjan wrote:
ChanDubai wrote:It is not just  a food for thought but a FEAST!! :smt003

Regards,

ChanDubai

Love, Light, Questions,

Rohiniranjan
My dear friend ChanDubai,

I was neither trying to answer your question, nor offering you a reading! So, am not sure why you felt it necessary to retort in such a manner :-)

Certain ji has already answered your *specific* query, so further additions to that were not felt necessary!

That said, the thread also contained a mention of the aphorism, "SVR-KVK", which is what I was *specifically* addressing.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”