A friendly request to all jyotish afficianados...!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

A friendly request to all jyotish afficianados...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Dear Friends of Jyotish,

I am not the moderator here, but as a frequent participant, I have a general request to make, if I may!

+ Folks who essentially want a reading for themselves and others (if permissible by the forum regulations) are advised to post their data and questions (few or just one is even better, to show respect for the members who might respond!) in the vedic astrology readings sub-forum. This saves the time of the MB moderators who then have an additional task of moving the request from discussion to readings area! :-)

++ However if the intention is to use the reading responses as a learning exercise, what the individual must do is to post their data but also INCLUDE their understanding so far of the matter that they wish input for. This should be a sincere request, which in most cases is! Doing so will get you more and meaningful responses since all jyotishis whether teachers or not have a feeling of solidarity and want to help others, particularly sincere learners! ((Rishi, is this acceptable, within forum guidelines? Or am I steering folks the wrong way??)

?
?? There may be a few who are sceptical about astrology, partly due to their failed experiences or different way of thinking or misunderstanding/misinterpreting of jyotish framework and rules (there is a huge scope for that!!), be up-front and respectful and I for sure will respond to the best of my abilities! Others too, I am sure! Most participants here are good and helping people but have their lives too, so please be respectful of that :-)

Love, Light, Learning!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm

I second you, absolutely.

Third party readings are not allowed here. This is very rigidly followed in other forums.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:15 pm

RishiRahul wrote:I second you, absolutely.

Third party readings are not allowed here. This is very rigidly followed in other forums.

Rishi
Thanks, Rishi, for your support and clarification. I personally cringe at two things: (a) One-factor astrology (as in reading requests, but not as a sincere academic question; (b) third-party reading requests (particularly when folks are *fishing* about romantic partners or spouses especially estranged spouses or soon to be so! Have been burnt a few times though I thought I was being kind and helpful!!  :smt010 )

:smt018

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:12 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:I second you, absolutely.

Rishi
Thanks, Rishi, for your support and clarification. I personally cringe at two things: (a) One-factor astrology (as in reading requests, but not as a sincere academic question; (b) third-party reading requests (particularly when folks are *fishing* about romantic partners or spouses especially estranged spouses or soon to be so! Have been burnt a few times though I thought I was being kind and helpful!!  :smt010 )

:smt018

RR

The 'sticky' of the vedic astrology reading forum has been ammended.
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 0274#20274

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Certain

Re: A friendly request to all jyotish afficianados...!

Post by Certain » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Friends of Jyotish,

I am not the moderator here, but as a frequent participant, I have a general request to make, if I may!

+ Folks who essentially want a reading for themselves and others (if permissible by the forum regulations) are advised to post their data and questions (few or just one is even better, to show respect for the members who might respond!) in the vedic astrology readings sub-forum. This saves the time of the MB moderators who then have an additional task of moving the request from discussion to readings area! :-)

++ However if the intention is to use the reading responses as a learning exercise, what the individual must do is to post their data but also INCLUDE their understanding so far of the matter that they wish input for. This should be a sincere request, which in most cases is! Doing so will get you more and meaningful responses since all jyotishis whether teachers or not have a feeling of solidarity and want to help others, particularly sincere learners! ((Rishi, is this acceptable, within forum guidelines? Or am I steering folks the wrong way??)

?
?? There may be a few who are sceptical about astrology, partly due to their failed experiences or different way of thinking or misunderstanding/misinterpreting of jyotish framework and rules (there is a huge scope for that!!), be up-front and respectful and I for sure will respond to the best of my abilities! Others too, I am sure! Most participants here are good and helping people but have their lives too, so please be respectful of that :-)

Love, Light, Learning!

Rohiniranjan
I agree with you.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks! Ultimately, the loss is of the non-serious reading seeker as well as the sincere sceptic! Jyotishi just experiences a mild disappointment or a mild irritation when simple common sense is not followed by internet reading seekers! I believe it is called E.Q. ;-)

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”