Astrological rule when there is no planet in the sign of a planet.

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

sandhu.jp

Post by sandhu.jp » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:50 am

Vacant houses in astrology.

A planet, in whose sign there is no planet, would give its own independent results, according to its own nature or relation with the Ascendant, but when any of the signs are occupied by a planet, particularly, by a natural malefic planet, then it would give the results of the planet occupying its sign. This is a most important rule which is of universal use.

For example, Mars in located in Sagittarius, then Jupiter,lord of Sagittarius, would give very little independent results, as a natural benefic planet. It would act as Mars and would, therefore, harm the life prospects of the house etc., it may aspect. For example, it may be aspecting the 8th house. In that event, as a single factor,Jupiter’s aspect on that house be considered as the Cruel aspect of Mars, denoting death by injury, violence,Fire etc., and not by ordinary circumstances as would Have been the case otherwise.Similarly, suppose in the case of an Aries nativity,Mars and Sun occupy the sign Pisces in the l2th house and Jupiter aspects the 8th house, then even though Jupiter is lord of a watery house ( 12th) and a watery sign (Pisces) contained therein, it will act as fire and cause death by fire. The reason is that Jupiter here acts as fire by virtue of its Lordship over a sign that contains fiery planets Mars and Sun.
Success is when skill meets opportunity. Failure is when fantasy meets reality.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Astrological rule when there is no planet in the sign of a planet.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:09 am

sandhu.jp wrote:Astrological rule when there is no planet in the sign of a planet.

A planet, in whose sign there is no planet, would give its own independent results, according to its own nature or relation with the Ascendant, but when any of the signs are occupied by a planet, particularly, by a natural malefic planet, then it would give the results of the planet occupying its sign. This is a most important rule which is of universal use.

For example, Mars in located in Sagittarius, then Jupiter,lord of Sagittarius, would give very little independent results, as a natural benefic planet. It would act as Mars and would, therefore, harm the life prospects of the house etc., it may aspect. For example, it may be aspecting the 8th house. In that event, as a single factor,Jupiter’s aspect on that house be considered as the Cruel aspect of Mars, denoting death by injury, violence,Fire etc., and not by ordinary circumstances as would Have been the case otherwise.Similarly, suppose in the case of an Aries nativity,Mars and Sun occupy the sign Pisces in the l2th house and Jupiter aspects the 8th house, then even though Jupiter is lord of a watery house ( 12th) and a watery sign (Pisces) contained therein, it will act as fire and cause death by fire. The reason is that Jupiter here acts as fire by virtue of its Lordship over a sign that contains fiery planets Mars and Sun.

Sandhuji,

This sharing of yours, truly warmed the coccles (cockles?) of my heart, as the ancient saying goes!

And strengthened my personal belief that I was on the right track and scent and trail!

Strange, indeed are the ways of MA! In how SHE chooses to teach...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

sandhu.jp

Post by sandhu.jp » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Dear Sir,
I agree, i found the rule when going through the Saptrishi nadi book by Late JN Bhasin and i thought the principle was of good astrological significance so i shared.
Regards
JS

Rohiniranjan wrote:
sandhu.jp wrote:Astrological rule when there is no planet in the sign of a planet.

Sandhuji,

This sharing of yours, truly warmed the coccles (cockles?) of my heart, as the ancient saying goes!

And strengthened my personal belief that I was on the right track and scent and trail!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Success is when skill meets opportunity. Failure is when fantasy meets reality.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Sandhu ji,

If you think about it, what that is probably based on and conceptually related to a very fundamental and very commonly used premise known as dispositorship although that does not start with an empty house! Generally astrological writings only talk about one level dispositorship, for example if mars is placed in leo in the rising, then sun (dispositor) and mars form an association. Then we add the layer of friendship and other things, such as mutual strength etc, karakattwa and on and on and then formulate an opinion (reading) and fructification or experiencing of the effect based on dasa etc.

There is also the multi-level dispositorship where we, using the above example, next look at venus who becomes the dispositor of the debilitated sun. The chain sometimes continues, at other times forms a loop. The final dispositor as it is called (I forget if it was MC Jain or Ratanlal, both recent (as opposed to ancient) astrologers, who dealt with that matter). This can be done for each planet, and sometimes one planet becomes the common final dispositor in a chart, at other times two or three become the ultimate hosts. More commonly though the layout is more scattered with several planets playing the hosts as I call those.
sandhu.jp wrote:Dear Sir,
I agree, i found the rule when going through the Saptrishi nadi book by Late JN Bhasin and i thought the principle was of good astrological significance so i shared.
Regards
JS

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Sandhuji,

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

I would advise friends here to consider these with the pada and charakaraka system laid out in BPHS and Jaimini sutras.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:17 am

I agree with this too.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:29 am

Sandhu ji,

I have a few questions and will be grateful if you can answer.

In the example given by you does it mean:

1. In the vimsottari periods/sub-periods of Jupiter we will see the results of Mars?
2. If yes, do we see it based on Jupiter's ownership of Sg alone or both Sg and Pi? Or do we see it as Ma's ownerships (of Sc and Ar) in Sg?
3. What about aspects? Will it be 7/5/9 or 7/4/8?
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:06 am

mysbcrs wrote:

Sandhu ji,

1. In the vimsottari periods/sub-periods of Jupiter we will see the results of Mars?
2. If yes, do we see it based on Jupiter's ownership of Sg alone or both Sg and Pi? Or do we see it as Ma's ownerships (of Sc and Ar) in Sg?

Please wait for Sandhu ji to advise you about that, but the way I saw it, it is not as if Jupiter changes entirely, but it does assume some of the traits of mars. Its ownership etc does not change, but its disposition changes. Its aspects do not change, either, IMO. In dasha, you would see jupiter influence getting a bit hotter, slightly more impulsive and action-oriented. But these are inner modulation, and not necessarily external expressions! Where mars would tend to take risks, such a jupiter will be less risk-averse than if saturn is in jupitarian sign, but the jupitarian wisdom and maturity will not become effaced entirely!

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:00 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

Sandhu ji,

Please wait for Sandhu ji to advise you about that, but the way I saw it, it is not as if Jupiter changes entirely, but it does assume some of the traits of mars. Its ownership etc does not change, but its disposition changes. Its aspects do not change, either, IMO. In dasha, you would see jupiter influence getting a bit hotter, slightly more impulsive and action-oriented. But these are inner modulation, and not necessarily external expressions! Where mars would tend to take risks, such a jupiter will be less risk-averse than if saturn is in jupitarian sign, but the jupitarian wisdom and maturity will not become effaced entirely!

RR
Thanks RR ji.
I was particularly interested in knowing which of the roles of Grahas (ownership [of occupied and unoccuied by other grahas], natural proclivity, Bhava karakatwas etc.) would get modified.
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:19 am

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

Sandhu ji,

RR
Thanks RR ji.
I was particularly interested in knowing which of the roles of Grahas (ownership [of occupied and unoccuied by other grahas], natural proclivity, Bhava karakatwas etc.) would get modified.
In situations like these -- and your question and concerns are quite valid -- what I would do if I were you, is to study a few charts that you are very familiar with and try seeing it for yourself. The conclusions will stick in the mind better in the long run and make more sense, than just trying to remember what others tell us. The reason I am recommending to use familiar charts is that the nuances, the subtle shifts are more readily visible than an unknown charts. Those we deal with later, using the same principles that we are trying to deal, to actually test if the theory truly holds water or not.

Please do not feel that I am giving unctorial advice to you :-), or anyone else! I am just sharing my thoughts freely! I hope those will be taken in the right spirit always! :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”