Which is the house (astrologically!) for the 2nd and subsequent spouses?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 am

Certain wrote:Another two both ... divorced twice

Person Y

June 19 1977
4:10 am
delhi

person G

march 10 1973
9:30 am
mumbai
Hi,

Twice divorced. If the time of marriage & divorced were know it would be better.

There is a saying that the length of marriage is seen by the 2nd. house from UL:-

Person Y=2nd. from Ul is Kumbha. Kumbha is not afflicted directly, but the lord (shani) is aspecting UL from the '3rd' as the '8' +9 lord.
MAYBE the marriage was not short lasting, and ended though death (health reasons).
Would like to check if this is correct.

Person G=UL in vrishchika. Its lord Mars ifs afflicted in second from UL.
Was the first marriage short lasting  or  not long lasting? Maybe the end of marriage was sudden & the spouse more martian than the second (more mental)
The Eighth from UL (2nd. spouse) is Mithuna with Ketu, and mercury deb/retro
Was the second spouse very spiritual andor quarrelsome?

Just a data study to see if this principal works here.........?

RishiRahul
P.S: in case of person G= 7th. lord Venus in 11th. with 5th. lord Sun may signify more then one marriage or multiple marriage.
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Votive wrote:A question, if I may...

Do we look at different houses for subsequent jobs, careers, diseases?
Some do evaluate different houses for lower and higher education, but is it necessary really?
Marriage, whether, first or subsequent, is marriage.

Just pondering...

Votive
... but, seriously lot of people do remarry and so seeing different people (spouses) from a single house does pose problems, if not confusion.

In the same vein, and perhaps even more frequent are the instances of people having to find work in different sectors etc is fairly common. And many have to undergo retraining, advanced training, at times even in different sectors etc. So, even 3 and 9 or 4 and 9 as some utilize may not serve all the needs (training/education area). In the past it worked out, but society was a lot different and whether marriage or education or work, there used to more stability generally.

Modern astrologers would need to become more aware of these simple realities in life to complete the palette of human experience.

Anyways, that is what I think.

Rohiniranjan
That is where you & votive are bang on!

Astrology and or Jyotish is 'simpler' than what we would like to believe.

The house of marriage always remains the house of marriage, even if its second etc.

But can we still deny the flavours of the other?

My understanding.... NO, they are spoken of in different compartments.

RishiRahul
Rishi ji,

Right from the outset of posting my question here and at other jyotish fora, I was very clear that I was asking the question about the people, not the institution. If you meant by 'other compartments' the relevant varga (D9) and I believe Certain also mentioned the D7 (as heard or read from another astrologer), or whether you were referring to the kalatra-karaka (chara) or even Upapada (UL), my original question still remains unanswered. Hororscope may jyotishi kahaan dekhain second spouse or third spouse? :-)

It is not a silly question, or impractical for that matter. And may give some good hints about 2nd training, 2nd job etc.

For children, it seems the sibling principle does work, so as we both commented somewhere here: 5th house for first born, 7th for 2nd born and so on. It has been reported to work in the case of twins too from what I read (elder even by minutes from 1st and next one from 3rd house of the same chart, their birth chart!

Some have seen the 2nd spouse as enemy of the first one (so 6th house), others as termination of the first relationship (though even that is not black and white). In some communities and olden times, the younger unmarried sister of the dead first wife sometimes customarily stepped in and so we see that the 9th house (3rd from 7th) is to be considered (in the man's chart) as representing the wife.

Such a simple question but we all are scratching our heads and hearts but no clear answers emerging so far. Neither here, nor anywhere else!

I am not trying to minimize or mock any of these discussions, please understand (just in case some are feeling so) nor am I trying to test (as happens in horoscope quizzes) anyone! So, please share your views and musings, freely.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Dear Dada,

Sorry for the sudden silence. The usual me..!

What I meant was that for 1st marriage=7th house
2nd. marriage= 7th. house + 2nd. house
3rd. marriage=7th. house + 9th. house

Now in earlier days of multiple marriages (several wives at the same time, there is a thought saying that second marriage is the 6th. to the 7th, instead of the 8th. house; which I could not test due to lack of data.
Also trying to bring in this would make the study more complicated at this point.

I wasnt mentioning other vargas.

Shobho Bijoya
   Rishi
Rishi ji,

If one is looking at marriage even (quality of!), even then 7th alone may throw some red herrings at one! Particularly if the quality of marriage varies between first and subsequent ones! So really tease out the differences, the research plan should at the first cut (primary screening) should select cases where the quality of marriage was discernibly different! Otherwise, as I warned, red herrings may make their way to the researcher's plate :-)

Since, I was looking for "the house" representing the 2nd and subsequent spouse and not the similar numbered *marriage* (two related but very different quests!) there could be problems if we try to drag in house combinations into the design for primary screening!

But, if the questions are different, anything might work. That said, maybe testing is not necessary, since the implication from your sharing is that you have convinced yourself that the 8th from the original is indeed the house of sequential 'matters'. So, if someone has three postgraduate degrees, first one from the 9th, 2nd one from H4 and 3rd from H11.

For 'related' entities, such as siblings, though a sequence exists, we go with the relational sequence. So we get 5, 7, 9, 11 etc. Though the question then will be, what about still-born or abortions at advanced stages of pregnancy? Should those be counted in the house order count or not!

But let us not get too diversified and get this marriage and spouse (rather engaging topic, pardon the pun!) sorted out! <LOL>

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:49 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:Namasthe,

I got a feeling that the choice of the 2nd house is based on the assumption that the 8th from 7th is to be seen for the longevity of the first marriage.
This sounds too legalistic and unrealistic. A good many of the second marriages used to run concurrently (and still do, although in a far smaller measure. I am talking about maariage and not relationship) with the first.
Of-course if the purpose of the thread is to look at only non-concurrent 2nd/subsequent marriage, it may not make a difference.

The data extracted by RR ji is relevant for the non-concurrent 2nd marriage, since the presence of malefics do not seem to have significantly affected the longevity of the first marriage.

Maybe, I jumped in too soon, earlier and was not liked? :-(

I will wait!

Rohiniranjan
No, not really. I was a bit confused by Certain ji's post on the following data.
"106 happily married (100%)
43 had malefics in 2nd or 8th (40.5%)
39 also had malefic aspects on 2nd or 8th (36.8%) "

If the data relates to first marriage it would mean that the longevity of 40.5% of the marriages are unaffected by presence of strong malefics in 2nd/8th.  40.5 although less than 50 is still significantly large to lend credence to the role of malefics.

If the data on the other hand relates to 2nd marriage, then this would mean 59.6% of people were in their 2nd marriage despite not having any malefics in 2nd/8th.
:smt017
Dear CRS,

Given all the to and fro exchanges going on let us be clear with our terms! All we can say at this point is either we see a correlation or not. It could be meaningful or perhaps not.

In the happily married group, only 40.5% showed the presence of malefic influence (can't say if the malefics were strong or weak, just by the data). In comparison, the divorced comparison group had this variable at 38%, which is not likely to be significantly different from 40.5%; ergo the association of malefics with 2/8 is not likely to be different. Of the 40.5% a high proportion also had aspect of malefics on 2/8, in other words, 36.8% had malefic occupants or aspecting 2/8. In the divorced group, likewise, 31.6% had malefic occupants or aspecting 2/8.

In both groups, there were malefic influences (astrological) on 2/8 and these were actually higher in happily married individuals and therefore simply using the malefic influences does not provide any reliable astrological marker for predicting good or bad marriage! That is the important point to note.

Since we drifted into talking about marriages and away from siblings (original querry) and since both 2nd and 8th have been identified in tradition as indicative of married life (mangalya and kutumba), the natural belief and instinct to see warning flags if malefics are involved with these 2 houses (regardless of marriage order and sequence) does not seem to be a reliable guiding principle.

Please remember, that this is the first cut and for digging and teasing further, we would have to look at each case in this fairly substantial group of charts.

Even if we look at the happy marriages, if 36.8% had malefic influences on 2nd and 8th, it would mean that 65.2% had either benefics or no influences (no malefic, no benefic influences; empty 2/8 perhaps)! Next thing to look if we were getting good results with the preliminary screen would be to look at the lords, karakas and effects thereupon. The examination then becomes more refined as we proceed to the secondary and tertiary examination of the charts.

Essentially, cautious jyotishis customarily do that as part of the analysis of a chart, so I do not believe they are at too much of risk of going astray, so ALL IZZ WELL. As long as they do not stop at the first examination or a single factor. Beginners hopefully remain watchful for these red herrings that appear to be enticing leads, but may not be so.

The same goes for the saturn in 7th which seems to throw warning flags up although opinions differ. I recall when I was a budding jyotishi, I had been fed this one liner that saturn in 7th gives an early or late marriage or to someone with a great difference in age and a difficult one, either way. In a relative's chart, I confidently stated that the marriage would be a late one to someone much older or younger since, saturn(R) was lord of 5th and 6th (mixed) and likely to be a love marriage and a few other things. About ten or so years after my bold (?) prediction, the individual got married at around 23 yrs age which was timely by the norms then, to a classmate who was barely an year older. We learn from our youthful mistakes ;-) (sorry for injected a bit of reminiscences into this sharing! Must be one of those *senior moments* on my part!! <LOL>

Anyways, let us carry on...

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:45 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Person Y

June 19 1977
delhi

person G

march 10 1973
mumbai
Hi,

Twice divorced. If the time of marriage & divorced were know it would be better.

There is a saying that the length of marriage is seen by the 2nd. house from UL:-

Person Y=2nd. from Ul is Kumbha. Kumbha is not afflicted directly, but the lord (shani) is aspecting UL from the '3rd' as the '8' +9 lord.
MAYBE the marriage was not short lasting, and ended though death (health reasons).

Was the first marriage short lasting  or  not long lasting? Maybe the end of marriage was sudden & the spouse more martian than the second (more mental)

RishiRahul
P.S: in case of person G= 7th. lord Venus in 11th. with 5th. lord Sun may signify more then one marriage or multiple marriage.
In person Y (woman) , Girl complained in first marriage that man was impotent and she divorced him . They lived together for less than 6 months. Later on man got married to other woman and had a child as well.
May be a it was temporary thing and girl wasn't patient enough.
Second marriage lasted two days..this time second husband blamed her for being unchaste woman and left after two days

In person G , second spouse didn't cohabit for him to know ( according to him ..cant say if it is true or not, as sometimes people make stories justifying their position). Person G lives in USA  , got married to second spouse in gurudwara so that they start the process of immigration as soon as possible. Meanwhile he had suspicion on intention of the spouse and chose to annul the marriage.
First marriage was broken for the 'suspicion' of cheating on first spouse. And another engagement he walked out of was because girl parents wanted to know his financial assets. A candidate prone to suspicion.

I do not know marriage or divorce dates of anyone. If any other info is required  , please let me know I will give as much as I can.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Certain wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Person Y

June 19 1977
delhi

person G

march 10 1973
mumbai
Hi,

RishiRahul
In person Y (woman) , Girl complained in first marriage that man was impotent and she divorced him . They lived together for less than 6 months. Later on man got married to other woman and had a child as well.
Second marriage lasted two days..this time second husband blamed her for being unchaste woman and left after two days

In person G , second spouse didn't cohabit for him to know ( according to him ..cant say if it is true or not, as sometimes people make stories justifying their position). Person G lives in USA  , got married to second spouse in gurudwara so that they start the process of immigration as soon as possible. Meanwhile he had suspicion on intention of the spouse and chose to annul the marriage.
First marriage was broken for the 'suspicion' of cheating on first spouse. And another engagement he walked out of was because girl parents wanted to know his financial assets. A candidate prone to suspicion.

I do not know marriage or divorce dates of anyone. If any other info is required  , please let me know I will give as much as I can.
Oh Certain!
I am squirming like a little child in a candy shop :-(
Before I really start throwing a tantrum in the store and embarass you (NOT!) with my screaming and yelling, if you have information-contact with any of these folks and/or the partner, would it be possible to get the birthdata of the partners? Please try! We will learn so much more!

Love, Light, Seriously!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Certain wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Person Y

June 19 1977
delhi

person G

march 10 1973
mumbai
Hi,

RishiRahul

Oh Certain!
I am squirming like a little child in a candy shop :-(
Before I really start throwing a tantrum in the store and embarass you (NOT!) with my screaming and yelling, if you have information-contact with any of these folks and/or the partner, would it be possible to get the birthdata of the partners? Please try! We will learn so much more!

Love, Light, Seriously!

Rohiniranjan
I have data of only two couples , not about others at all and am not in touch with anyone.
1st Couple with fictitious names man undergoing first divorce, woman undergoing second divorce

Shaam -first marriage

Sept 11 , 1971  8:15 am London UK , undergoing first divorce , married in 2010 Feb or so.

Married to

Shyama -it was her second marriage ,

August 24, 1973
9:15 am
Rohtak
I do not have hscope of her first husband

Second Couple : Both undergoing second divorce

Mohit :May 21 1983  2:55 pm Batala

Mohita :  Nov 22 1981 -12:20 am Delhi undergoing second divorce , second marriage 2012 october.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Certain wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Person Y

June 19 1977
delhi

person G

march 10 1973
mumbai
Hi,

RishiRahul

Hi,

In case 'Y', it can be argued that the health problem of the husband can be equated by impotency..... but that would be forcing results.....I realised.

The Mars Venus conjunct in rasi may suggest that 'Y' is idealistic in desires of the opposite sex; Ketu in Al suggests an afflicted married life, & secretive.

The concept of Upapada may not support marriages (very short lasting without having any reasonable of give & take).
Therefore I doubt if it would be applicable ih the 2 marriages of "Y".

...........................................................................................................

About "G" the events are not reliable. Any comments please.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Certain wrote: ...
I have data of only two couples , not about others at all and am not in touch with anyone.
1st Couple with fictitious names man undergoing first divorce, woman undergoing second divorce

Shaam -first marriage

Sept 11 , 1971  8:15 am London UK , undergoing first divorce , married in 2010 Feb or so.

Married to

August 24, 1973
Rohtak

Mohita :  Nov 22 1981 -12:20 am Delhi undergoing second divorce , second marriage 2012 october.

Muchos Gracias!

So just to make sure my neurons didn't get crossed:
Shaam and Shyama both got married in Feb 2010
both undergoing 1st and 2nd divorce, respectively currently.

Mohit and Mohita got married in October 2012
Both undergoing 2nd divorce, currently.

Did I get that right?

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:58 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Hi,

In case 'Y', it can be argued that the health problem of the husband can be equated by impotency..... but that would be forcing results.....I realised.

The Mars Venus conjunct in rasi may suggest that 'Y' is idealistic in desires of the opposite sex; Ketu in Al suggests an afflicted married life, & secretive.

The concept of Upapada may not support marriages (very short lasting without having any reasonable of give & take).
Therefore I doubt if it would be applicable ih the 2 marriages of "Y".

...........................................................................................................

About "G" the events are not reliable. Any comments please.

RishiRahul[/quote]

Impotency is health issue as such as well. Her horoscope is the oddest one so far I have seen. She is not a street smart person and infact is very gullible. Venus in 12th house with Mars has given some strong activity in her love life but did not find any committment after first two arranged marriages.
I was shocked by rapidity of events in second marriage. I have seen this rapid dissolution only with some martian aspect along with bad dasha/transits concur.
My intention is to evaluate second house as second spouse , which tells me that here this time it is sun and moon conjunct placed in virgo. House lord of virgo i.e. mercury is in 12th to its own house and is in 2/12 axis with lagna lord.
Negative aspects for second marriage (if second house is the right house for it)
Markesha lords for second house : Moon . Third house (cancer in this native and moon as markesha) . Moon sitting in second house in this horoscope is almost same result as eight lord sitting in 7th.
Jupiter for sagittarius being seventh to second house.
Markesha Moon occupies the house with Sun and mercury the house lord joins markesha Jupiter who in addition , is also house lord of 8th house affairs. None of this combination helped even a wee bit to give this marriage any life.
Mercury the lord of this 'event' is seen perched in 12th position to second house joining markesha-of-the-house cum 8th house lord of D1.
Jupiter was involved in first marriage dissolution as intrinsic sexual issues were sited as reason by bride.
Jupiter was again involved in second marriage dissolution and 'again' sexual issues were sited for the reason of divorce but this time by bridegroom.
Lagna lord has reacted by desperately hunting for spouse and is given to romance and excessive social life, native is inclined towards God as well as such.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Dear Certain,

"The concept of Upapada may not support marriages (very short lasting without having any reasonable of give & take).
Therefore I doubt if it would be applicable ih the 2 marriages of "Y".".....

...was not included in the above quote....... But this is important.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Certain wrote: ...

Shaam -first marriage

Married to

August 24, 1973
Rohtak

Muchos Gracias!

So just to make sure my neurons didn't get crossed:
Shaam and Shyama both got married in Feb 2010
both undergoing 1st and 2nd divorce, respectively currently.

Mohit and Mohita got married in October 2012
Both undergoing 2nd divorce, currently.

Did I get that right?

RR
Yes , spot on.

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:37 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Certain,

"The concept of Upapada may not support marriages (very short lasting without having any reasonable of give & take).

RishiRahul
I acknowledged that. I truncated the post. Thanks

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:17 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Certain,

RishiRahul
One cautionary note, dear friends!
Upapada sounds tantalizing but what or where is upapada?
I believe, the problem is in the term given for calculating upapada: Anuchara. Three interpretations (maybe there are more...!) have been made:

1. the 2nd house which follows in rising at the horizon, after the 1st house.
2. The progeny (anuchara in lineage or the generation that follows the nativty) in other words the fifth house
3. The 12th house

Then there are recommendations (other texts, modern interpretations...?) which suggest counting clockwise and anticlockwise from lagna depending on the rising sign, etc.

Hence, I wanted to stay clear from that, at least for the initial screening!

This is not to hold anyone back from jumping ahead, but the outcome will quickly become too mixed-up, confusing and difficult to pin down.

I thought that was the intention, was it not? Simplification and not a jyotish melange!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”