a cross check on my chart' s problem planets and vedic remedies

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

starseeker

a cross check on my chart' s problem planets and vedic remedies

Post by starseeker » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:11 pm

I am in a fix about the problem areas in my birth chart. A section of astrologers feel that all my problems (health and digestion problems, alienation from friends and relatives, property issues, lack of confidence) are due to my debilitated venus conjunct retrograde mercury and some others feel it is because of the moon, which is aspected by saturn. Can learned astrologers on this forum please give me a clear point of view? Also I am told that there is a big difference between the interpretation in a vedic reading and a K.P reading, since the latter is governed by nakshatras, so which one can be relied upon? Have also attached my natal chart and navamsa chart as per vedic horoscope.

My date of birth is 14th September, 1963
Time:: 9.23 p.m. (21:23 hrs)
Mumbai
Attachments
NATAL CHART.gif
NATAL CHART.gif (9.76 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
NAVAMSA CHART.gif
NAVAMSA CHART.gif (9.4 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
Astroseeker

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: a cross check on my chart' s problem planets and vedic remedies

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:51 pm

starseeker wrote:I am in a fix about the problem areas in my birth chart. A section of astrologers feel that all my problems (health and digestion problems, alienation from friends and relatives, property issues, lack of confidence) are due to my debilitated venus conjunct retrograde mercury and some others feel it is because of the moon, which is aspected by saturn. Can learned astrologers on this forum please give me a clear point of view? Also I am told that there is a big difference between the interpretation in a vedic reading and a K.P reading, since the latter is governed by nakshatras, so which one can be relied upon? Have also attached my natal chart and navamsa chart as per vedic horoscope.

Mumbai

Hello,

My belief would be: Amatyakarak Saturn oppose the 4th. house moon; while the 4th. house + moon in papakarthari yoga.

It would be wise not to blame it on debilitated & combust venus in viparith rajayoga. Venus is getting some strong cancellations of debilitation.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:48 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
starseeker wrote:I am in a fix about the problem areas in my birth chart. A section of astrologers feel that all my problems (health and digestion problems, alienation from friends and relatives, property issues, lack of confidence) are due to my debilitated venus conjunct retrograde mercury and some others feel it is because of the moon, which is aspected by saturn. Can learned astrologers on this forum please give me a clear point of view? Also I am told that there is a big difference between the interpretation in a vedic reading and a K.P reading, since the latter is governed by nakshatras, so which one can be relied upon? Have also attached my natal chart and navamsa chart as per vedic horoscope.

Mumbai

Hello,

My belief would be: Amatyakarak Saturn oppose the 4th. house moon; while the 4th. house + moon in papakarthari yoga.

It would be wise not to blame it on debilitated & combust venus in viparith rajayoga. In addition, Venus is getting some strong cancellations of debilitation.
Maybe some are scared of just combustions and debilititations; and just some honoured ones say:= one swallow doesnt make a summer.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:09 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Mumbai

Hello,

It would be wise not to blame it on debilitated & combust venus in viparith rajayoga. In addition, Venus is getting some strong cancellations of debilitation.
Maybe some are scared of just combustions and debilititations; and just some honoured ones say:= one swallow doesnt make a summer.

RishiRahul
Aside from this chart, specifically, I recently reviewed some notes from others in which 'combustion and retrogression' have been described as mutual antidotes based on 'apparent-acceleration'; acceleration as is apparent or visible from our geo-centric perspective (not true motion of the planets), if you will! Interesting concept! :smt004

This is an interesting chart ;-), though some information pieces are missing (withheld)... :smt017  

:smt010

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Mumbai

Hello,

RishiRahul
Aside from this chart, specifically, I recently reviewed some notes from others in which 'combustion and retrogression' have been described as mutual antidotes based on 'apparent-acceleration'; acceleration as is apparent or visible from our geo-centric perspective (not true motion of the planets), if you will! Interesting concept! :smt004

This is an interesting chart ;-), though some information pieces are missing (withheld)... :smt017  

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

I enjoyed the part quoted in bold. So true that some are so scared; not knowing that the light/illumination is stronger when combust.
Though strong illumination has downsides, like too much of anything is not normal.

After all, the general 'us' is scared of/alarmed by anything 'not normal'!!
Yes, combustion & retrogression are apparent sources of strength similar to potential energy.
Potential strength is good, if well handled :smt002

Do share.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

starseeker

Which one is better or worse- Mercury of Venus or Jupiter?

Post by starseeker » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:43 am

I am also quite confused about the functional malefics in vedic astrology too. Does an exalted, combusted, retrograde mercury in 6th house - as in my chart, (for an Aries ascendant for whom I am told Mercury is a functional malefic planet) lose its power of exaltation if it is placed in the same house as a debilitated Venus (also in 6th house)? Does that make Venus better than Mercury of both malefic? Also how does it effect if both are aspected by a retrograde Jupiter placed in the 12th house? (which I am told is intensifying the problems) Also does 12th house Jupiter signify hospitalisation, prolonged illness among other things? Just for information

Star searcher
Astroseeker

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:55 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Mumbai

Hello,

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

I enjoyed the part quoted in bold. So true that some are so scared; not knowing that the light/illumination is stronger when combust.
Though strong illumination has downsides, like too much of anything is not normal.

Yes, combustion & retrogression are apparent sources of strength similar to potential energy.

Do share.

Rishi

Dear Rishi_bhai,

TOO MUCH ?FOCUS? on any one FACTOR in particular, is never good or wise! :-)

The very PRECISE reason, why I have always cautioned others to steer clear of single factors and factoids!

But, how else have we each managed to learn Jyotish? Is there any other way to learn Jyotish? Other than, one factor at a time, making mistakes, broadening our understanding and hoping that someday, we 'catch on' to what MA tries to teach us?

As the village sleeps, $_ji KHNORRS and Chela hits the books as if some magical recipes lay hidden in those, BEE (the BHRAMA-ARI? = BHRAAMARI?) wraps discarded newspapers and news clippings around her as the bhikaaran finds rest under the sodium lamp (?), a feeble and growing feebler voice of Misir jee, the village chowkidar does his nocturnal beat around the village-in-slumber, "Jaagtay Raho!", on his ancient dark green Hercules bicycle!

Whether it is combustion, retrogression or other goodies that we love to ruminate over, avasthaas, karakas, many dasas, murtis and this, that, and the other, reality is rather simple, let me repeat again: Anatomists and Pathologists and Historians and Archeologists are all important, but NO ONE can bring healing to a dead body!

Unless one is a walking Prophet or Miracle-worker and focuses on Lazarus...!

Love, Light, HEALING!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Re: Which one is better or worse- Mercury of Venus or Jupiter?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:01 am

starseeker wrote:I am also quite confused about the functional malefics in vedic astrology too. Does an exalted, combusted, retrograde mercury in 6th house - as in my chart, (for an Aries ascendant for whom I am told Mercury is a functional malefic planet) lose its power of exaltation if it is placed in the same house as a debilitated Venus (also in 6th house)? Does that make Venus better than Mercury of both malefic? Also how does it effect if both are aspected by a retrograde Jupiter placed in the 12th house? (which I am told is intensifying the problems) Also does 12th house Jupiter signify hospitalisation, prolonged illness among other things? Just for information

Star searcher
Sometimes, it is rather simple!

What are we actually seeking?

Solution? Or seeking to understand the PROBLEM??

Once, that gets understood and accepted (?), we move from personal to impersonal?

And SHE responds, positively!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:51 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Mumbai

Hello,

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

Do share.

Rishi

Dear Rishi_bhai,

TOO MUCH ?FOCUS? on any one FACTOR in particular, is never good or wise! :-)

The very PRECISE reason, why I have always cautioned others to steer clear of single factors and factoids!

But, how else have we each managed to learn Jyotish? Is there any other way to learn Jyotish? Other than, one factor at a time, making mistakes, broadening our understanding and hoping that someday, we 'catch on' to what MA tries to teach us?

As the village sleeps, $_ji KHNORRS and Chela hits the books as if some magical recipes lay hidden in those, BEE (the BHRAMA-ARI? = BHRAAMARI?) wraps discarded newspapers and news clippings around her as the bhikaaran finds rest under the sodium lamp (?), a feeble and growing feebler voice of Misir jee, the village chowkidar does his nocturnal beat around the village-in-slumber, "Jaagtay Raho!", on his ancient dark green Hercules bicycle!

Whether it is combustion, retrogression or other goodies that we love to ruminate over, avasthaas, karakas, many dasas, murtis and this, that, and the other, reality is rather simple, let me repeat again: Anatomists and Pathologists and Historians and Archeologists are all important, but NO ONE can bring healing to a dead body!

Unless one is a walking Prophet or Miracle-worker and focuses on Lazarus...!

Love, Light, HEALING!

Rohiniranjan
:)
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Combustion and Retrogression: APPARENT (not real!)??

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 am

Both retrogression and combustion are astronomical phenomena (geocentric perspective produces these real but rather unreal apparitions!). We astrologers fall in the habit of simply thinking of these as keywords or flags. Since we are on 'the third rock from the sun', we have a unique perspective. We see the inners dancing around the sun, which itself or rather its motion is an apparition and not reality, and we see the outers dancing around us and when they get closest, we try to play catch-up and at times leave them behind giving rise to outer-retrogrades.

I know I may be seemingly waxing philosophical or poetical or non-sensical some may think, but the fact of the matter is that while all these dances surround the third rock from the sun, the chandraMA whose movement is inconstant, but the presence constant and closest shaping and reshaping our planet constantly and consistently (oceans that are the liquid parts of earth, but also the solid part, though gradually now that the planet is not molten, at least the outer crust!

Most of us take astrology so much for granted, regardless of whether we believe it to be an outcome of divine revelations to some Great Beings who bequeathed to us a complete and polished *package*, or was it perhaps a gradually evolving awareness and growing realization, the documentation for which perhaps got lost over time or perhaps never was documented, other than by word of mouth. This might all have taken place even before human beings became civilized and organized to live as a society, which too we all take for granted today!

Where did this ability to create concepts and connect the dots come from? Who implanted it in the primitive stage?? Should we even care about all those events or evolution of the mind and thought and concepts etc?

We have rather strong and somewhat polar views about retrogression and combustion in our astrological neck of the woods (Jyotish). Some say, good, others bad, and just because so and so said so or wrote in some scriptural literature. When a planet is combust, if it is one of the outers, then it is farthest from us (on the other side of sun), when it is retrograde, it is closest to earth. With inners, they get combust twice, when they are closest and when they are farthest from earth! One of these times, they are retrograde, while at the other time, they are direct!

Combustion gives rise to astangata dosha, the wise doyens claim, the planet has 'set' or eclipsed by the sun's powerful rays, astronomically and also astrologically! But then they also say that sun is not inherently malefic but krura (stern and strict father!). Even keeping that aside, depending on the lagna, it can be a functional malefic, or not. Surely, combustion is not same as combustion and combustion ;-)

Comments welcome!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Combustion and Retrogression: APPARENT (not real!)??

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Both retrogression and combustion are astronomical phenomena (geocentric perspective produces these real but rather unreal apparitions!). We astrologers fall in the habit of simply thinking of these as keywords or flags. Since we are on 'the third rock from the sun', we have a unique perspective. We see the inners dancing around the sun, which itself or rather its motion is an apparition and not reality, and we see the outers dancing around us and when they get closest, we try to play catch-up and at times leave them behind giving rise to outer-retrogrades.

I know I may be seemingly waxing philosophical or poetical or non-sensical some may think, but the fact of the matter is that while all these dances surround the third rock from the sun, the chandraMA whose movement is inconstant, but the presence constant and closest shaping and reshaping our planet constantly and consistently (oceans that are the liquid parts of earth, but also the solid part, though gradually now that the planet is not molten, at least the outer crust!

Most of us take astrology so much for granted, regardless of whether we believe it to be an outcome of divine revelations to some Great Beings who bequeathed to us a complete and polished *package*, or was it perhaps a gradually evolving awareness and growing realization, the documentation for which perhaps got lost over time or perhaps never was documented, other than by word of mouth. This might all have taken place even before human beings became civilized and organized to live as a society, which too we all take for granted today!

Where did this ability to create concepts and connect the dots come from? Who implanted it in the primitive stage?? Should we even care about all those events or evolution of the mind and thought and concepts etc?

We have rather strong and somewhat polar views about retrogression and combustion in our astrological neck of the woods (Jyotish). Some say, good, others bad, and just because so and so said so or wrote in some scriptural literature. When a planet is combust, if it is one of the outers, then it is farthest from us (on the other side of sun), when it is retrograde, it is closest to earth. With inners, they get combust twice, when they are closest and when they are farthest from earth! One of these times, they are retrograde, while at the other time, they are direct!

Combustion gives rise to astangata dosha, the wise doyens claim, the planet has 'set' or eclipsed by the sun's powerful rays, astronomically and also astrologically! But then they also say that sun is not inherently malefic but krura (stern and strict father!). Even keeping that aside, depending on the lagna, it can be a functional malefic, or not. Surely, combustion is not same as combustion and combustion ;-)

Comments welcome!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Hi

Yes, the Sun is the planet that causes combustion. Rather combustion is not possible without the Sun's interference.

The powerful light/strength of the Sun causes it.

Also depends upon the nature of the Sun (its functional nature; natural nature being 'kroora'[harsh]).

Actually I do not use the 'feature' (combustion) much in predictive Jyotish.
I have seen people trying to justify events with its aid........?!
Not necessary...is my belief. :smt002

Let us take a simple example: chart of Narendra Modi: 17 Sept 1950 at 11 hrs.
Saturn & mercury combust.

Let us take saturn first. The 3rd & 4th. lord combust in the 10th.
Combustion caused by the 9th. lord Sun. (functional benefic)

Mr. Modi is a prominent figure in terms of his career; has lots of guts (third) & lives alone well/independantly (4th).

Now coming to the natural signications of saturn & mercury, which is stableness & intellect/intelligence.
He lives alone & has a stable lifestyle.
He has developed Gujarat.

So combustion can be good, and may not be bad, harmful or injurious.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:33 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Both retrogression and combustion are astronomical phenomena (geocentric perspective produces these real but rather unreal apparitions!). We astrologers fall in the habit of simply thinking of these as keywords or flags. Since we are on 'the third rock from the sun', we have a unique perspective. We see the inners dancing around the sun, which itself or rather its motion is an apparition and not reality, and we see the outers dancing around us and when they get closest, we try to play catch-up and at times leave them behind giving rise to outer-retrogrades.

Comments welcome!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Hi

Yes, the Sun is the planet that causes combustion. Rather combustion is not possible without the Sun's interference.

Also depends upon the nature of the Sun (its functional nature; natural nature being 'kroora'[harsh]).

Mr. Modi is a prominent figure in terms of his career; has lots of guts (third) & lives alone well/independantly (4th).

Now coming to the natural signications of saturn & mercury, which is stableness & intellect/intelligence.

RishiRahul
I am very glad to hear that! Music to my aging (aching!) ears! :-)
For a long time, I had been looking for an illustrative example where combustion can be strongly used as a factor for negative indications. Zero success!

Actually, very close conjunction with sun has been used as a strong energizing factor in Western astrology (Cajimi; probably an arabic term). In Mr. Modi's chart probably the combinations point to the fact that a person with no political connections (family etc) can reach such prominence in an area which is rife with many negativities (politics) and he has been making waves and some real and sustainable changes, plus he is energizing the masses. That said, please let me caution you (sorry for being a party-pooper ;-( that I have been made aware of at least three other sets of birthtimes for Mr. Modi, one allegedly claimed to be stemming from an astrologer who is from Mr. Modi's birthplace. However, that is not by itself any kind of woolmark, as celeb birthdata go.

Like combustion, retrogression is sometimes overemphasized, although it does change the nature and expressions of the planet. But again, as they say, "One robin is good, two are better and more the merrier, before announcing that spring is here!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Comments welcome!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Hi

RishiRahul
I am very glad to hear that! Music to my aging (aching!) ears! :-)
For a long time, I had been looking for an illustrative example where combustion can be strongly used as a factor for negative indications. Zero success!

Actually, very close conjunction with sun has been used as a strong energizing factor in Western astrology (Cajimi; probably an arabic term). In Mr. Modi's chart probably the combinations point to the fact that a person with no political connections (family etc) can reach such prominence in an area which is rife with many negativities (politics) and he has been making waves and some real and sustainable changes, plus he is energizing the masses. That said, please let me caution you (sorry for being a party-pooper ;-( that I have been made aware of at least three other sets of birthtimes for Mr. Modi, one allegedly claimed to be stemming from an astrologer who is from Mr. Modi's birthplace. However, that is not by itself any kind of woolmark, as celeb birthdata go.

Like combustion, retrogression is sometimes overemphasized, although it does change the nature and expressions of the planet. But again, as they say, "One robin is good, two are better and more the merrier, before announcing that spring is here!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Western & Indian! with there bonding being lost in History. The energising so true.
For the masses: the 4th. & the moon supportive.

What are the 3 birthtimes of Mr.Modi?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

biltu

Post by biltu » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:40 pm

My opinion about combustion is that only sun cause combustion with other planets only when a planet comes very close to the sun like 4 degree. others planet dose not cause combustion to each other even they comes to close 1 degree. only sun cause this because of the strength of gravity and light. Light is also a force according to physic.

My opinion about Western astrology is Faltu. But I want to mention that I never read a genuine book about Western astrology nor I know the name of it. I came to that conclusion "Faltu" after I read some and few post and writing from the Internet in others forum and website. But if those post ( which I read ) took from a genuine book Western astrology then I say it is really a Faltu astrology.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:52 am

biltu wrote:My opinion about combustion is that only sun cause combustion with other planets only when a planet comes very close to the sun like 4 degree. others planet dose not cause combustion to each other even they comes to close 1 degree. only sun cause this because of the strength of gravity and light. Light is also a force according to physic.

My opinion about Western astrology is Faltu. But I want to mention that I never read a genuine book about Western astrology nor I know the name of it. I came to that conclusion "Faltu" after I read some and few post and writing from the Internet in others forum and website. But if those post ( which I read ) took from a genuine book Western astrology then I say it is really a Faltu astrology.
Biltu,

I am not sure where did you get the impression that anyone is thinking of conjunctions which is different and more generally applicable than *combustion*!

You see combustion is a type of conjunction, but not all conjunctions must be called combustion!  :smt004

I am not going to spend time defending western astrology, but looks like based on very superficial reading of it you have chosen to call it faltu or useless, just like that!

Do you see the point I am trying to make?  :smt020

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”