Status of parents

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Status of parents

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Hello Everyone,

Was wondering if there is anyway/what are the ways to predict if the native's father/parents are well placed or not.    Etc.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: Status of parents

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:55 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Hello Everyone,

Was wondering if there is anyway/what are the ways to predict if the native's father/parents are well placed or not.    Etc.

RishiRahul

Shouldn't the indicators of parents, relevant lords, karakas and the dwadashamsha chart give the indications? Status could be from a financial aspect or power otherwise as in administrative-political or fame...?

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Shouldn't the indicators of parents, relevant lords, karakas and the dwadashamsha chart give the indications? Status could be from a financial aspect or power otherwise as in administrative-political or fame...?

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Actually I was wondering about deciphering the 'financial aspect' as against 'administrative-political or fame aspect'.

Some clearly demarcating ways of separating these.
I know this is not easy; so I am looking for some answers/openings.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Actually I was wondering about deciphering the 'financial aspect' as against 'administrative-political or fame aspect'.

Rishi
I was trying to be inclusive!
If I were curious about this topic, I would be pulling out charts of some pushtaini rich people like bill gates etc and check the pointers I spoke of. If that does not work then I would think along these lines:

Are these pointers given in classics bakwaas?

Are there other pointers??

Hope you share your findings in due course.

All the best!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:24 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Some general thoughts and suggestions, not to be accepted without testing. First thing necessary would be to find the indicators for parents. Pitri and matrikaraka and dwadashamsha chart sounds logical as to the lords of 4th and 9th (sudarshana). The strongest or stronger of the planets need to be determined in the kshetra and followed or traced in dwadashamsha.

If rajyogas are forming or dhana yogas, the status should be weighted in those directions.

If fundamental axioms and dicta in jyotish are worth their salt, then the approach should give fruitful results!

I hope the simple logic and reasoning is obvious and hopefully not too far-fetched?

Rohinida
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:01 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Some general thoughts and suggestions, not to be accepted without testing. First thing necessary would be to find the indicators for parents. Pitri and matrikaraka and dwadashamsha chart sounds logical as to the lords of 4th and 9th (sudarshana). The strongest or stronger of the planets need to be determined in the kshetra and followed or traced in dwadashamsha.

If rajyogas are forming or dhana yogas, the status should be weighted in those directions.

If fundamental axioms and dicta in jyotish are worth their salt, then the approach should give fruitful results!

I hope the simple logic and reasoning is obvious and hopefully not too far-fetched?

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

The 4th & 9th of rasi chart would be secondary here, & its best to keep to D12 & the karaks here.

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:40 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

The 4th & 9th of rasi chart would be secondary here, & its best to keep to D12 & the karaks here.

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

"Secondary" to me implies 'less important or significant or even relevant'. Why would you consider the houses that represent mother and father 'secondary' in this quest of yours...? The way, were I doing this research, I would have weighed this matter of house-lord vs karaka through the following consideration:

In past readings, unrelated to this specific question you are looking at, have I (and others) found the consideration of these houses in terms of picking valuable signals about the parents of the nativities? Are these more or less meaningful in comparison to a consideration of karakas for these matters? Do players in kshetra lose their properties and significations in the other relevant vargas?

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

"Secondary" to me implies 'less important or significant or even relevant'. Why would you consider the houses that represent mother and father 'secondary' in this quest of yours...? The way, were I doing this research, I would have weighed this matter of house-lord vs karaka through the following consideration:

In past readings, unrelated to this specific question you are looking at, have I (and others) found the consideration of these houses in terms of picking valuable signals about the parents of the nativities? Are these more or less meaningful in comparison to a consideration of karakas for these matters? Do players in kshetra lose their properties and significations in the other relevant vargas?

RR
'Secondary' here meant the same as you mentioned. Maybe I missed out the word 'mainly' here.

The 4th & 9th. house signifies the parents alongwith other things but nevertheless quite important for parent significations.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:01 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

RR
'Secondary' here meant the same as you mentioned. Maybe I missed out the word 'mainly' here.

The 4th & 9th. house signifies the parents alongwith other things but nevertheless quite important for parent significations.

Rishi

But my point was and still is: The houses are primary, as considerations go, dear brother, not secondary!

Karakas are secondary!   :smt004

Just a suggestion, hopefully my last one. I shall sit unobtrusively as a back-seat passenger!  :smt020

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

RR

Rishi

But my point was and still is: The houses are primary, as considerations go, dear brother, not secondary!

Just a suggestion, hopefully my last one. I shall sit unobtrusively as a back-seat passenger!  :smt020

RR
Isnt this what I meant?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:50 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

RR

Rishi

RR
Isnt this what I meant?

Rishi
You wrote, "The 4th & 9th of rasi chart would be secondary here, & its best to keep to D12 & the karaks here. "

I am saying the reverse of that! :smt004

Dada,

I had mentioned ''Secondary' here meant the same as you mentioned. Maybe I missed out the word 'mainly' here".

Also refer to the statement in bold where you mentioned 'Pitri and matrikaraka and dwadashamsha chart sounds logical as to the lords of 4th and 9th

I mean the same thing here. Maybe your English & expression is better.

Anyway I got your suggestions. Thanks. Will wait for others if any.
When someone/anyone posts a data a research can be pursued.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

RR

Rishi

RR
Isnt this what I meant?

Rishi
You wrote, "The 4th & 9th of rasi chart would be secondary here, & its best to keep to D12 & the karaks here. "

Dada,

I had mentioned ''Secondary' here meant the same as you mentioned. Maybe I missed out the word 'mainly' here".

Also refer to the statement in bold where you mentioned 'Pitri and matrikaraka and dwadashamsha chart sounds logical as to the lords of 4th and 9th

Rishi
Oh dear brother :-)

You committed the common mistake of focusing only on the part that you liked! The whole statement was, reproduced for your convenience:

"Pitri and matrikaraka and dwadashamsha chart sounds logical as to the lords of 4th and 9th (sudarshana). The strongest or stronger of the planets need to be determined in the kshetra and followed or traced in dwadashamsha."

The part that you did not embolden had the key to primary or secondary! :smt004

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:[quote="RishiRahul"]Hello Everyone,

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

RR

Rishi

RR
Isnt this what I meant?

Rishi

Dada,

Rishi

You committed the common mistake of focusing only on the part that you liked! The whole statement was, reproduced for your convenience:

"Pitri and matrikaraka and dwadashamsha chart sounds logical as to the lords of 4th and 9th (sudarshana). The strongest or stronger of the planets need to be determined in the kshetra and followed or traced in dwadashamsha."

RR[/quote]

okay, you win.
I guess are expressions in expressing something are sometimes different; being not so strong in English.

Anyways, I got what I needed to know.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:30 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:[quote="Rohiniranjan"][quote="RishiRahul"]Hello Everyone,

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

RR

Rishi

RR
Isnt this what I meant?

Rishi

Dada,

Rishi

RR[/quote]

okay, you win.
I guess are expressions in expressing something are sometimes different; being not so strong in English.

Rishi[/quote]

Dear Rishi,

Quite candidly I did not like that! We are both fairly familiar with the mutual respect we have for one another! We are simply discussing things as we each see it or would normally during a real reading! There is no competition or winning or losing when we discuss like this. What we are doing is in a sense unique. Most practising astrologers, particularly in the Jyotish sector tend to keep things to themselves and all that does is create this totally unnecessary and dare I say false aura about indian astrology and its practitioners. Now, naturally, neither one of us are of the caliber of much greater astrologers, current, past (decades not centuries; Simply stated none of us realistically know or have any evidence of performance of even the great ones whose books we read and whose scholarship was phenomenal. I am referring to Mantreshwar, Satyacharya, Kalidas and others!). We are probably children compared to them all! Similarly there are many secrets claimed to exist in the Nadi system, Kerala System and half a dozen other systems that folks are happily sitting on under the excuse that their secrets are too sacred to be shared! The ONLY thing sacred in Jyotish are probably the tantrik remedies etc. The technical aspect must not be kept hidden but sadly has been and continues to be so. Which is a shame and I feel strongly against such protectionism!!

Hence it is important that some folks are sharing how they approach a chart. Why I feel so strongly about it? When I was a beginner and learning to figure out the ropes all by myself, I was perplexed by this secretive attitude amongst jyotishis (practising ones!) as if they were insecure or something  :smt003

My english is mediocre and please trust me that I was not trying to inculcate bhasha-shuddhi in you, rather, I was just trying to make sure that we are not expressing something that will confuse others with this primary-secondary business! :smt004

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:56 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:[quote="RishiRahul"][quote="Rohiniranjan"][quote="RishiRahul"]Hello Everyone,

RishiRahul

Just a thought...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Yes Dada. Rightfully so.

Rishi

Rohinida
Yes Dada,

Not far fetched at all.

Rishi
Rishi,

RR

Rishi

RR
Isnt this what I meant?

Rishi

Dada,

Rishi

RR[/quote]

okay, you win.

Rishi[/quote]

Dear Rishi,

Quite candidly I did not like that! We are both fairly familiar with the mutual respect we have for one another! We are simply discussing things as we each see it or would normally during a real reading! There is no competition or winning or losing when we discuss like this. What we are doing is in a sense unique. Most practising astrologers, particularly in the Jyotish sector tend to keep things to themselves and all that does is create this totally unnecessary and dare I say false aura about indian astrology and its practitioners. Now, naturally, neither one of us are of the caliber of much greater astrologers, current, past (decades not centuries; Simply stated none of us realistically know or have any evidence of performance of even the great ones whose books we read and whose scholarship was phenomenal. I am referring to Mantreshwar, Satyacharya, Kalidas and others!). We are probably children compared to them all! Similarly there are many secrets claimed to exist in the Nadi system, Kerala System and half a dozen other systems that folks are happily sitting on under the excuse that their secrets are too sacred to be shared! The ONLY thing sacred in Jyotish are probably the tantrik remedies etc. The technical aspect must not be kept hidden but sadly has been and continues to be so. Which is a shame and I feel strongly against such protectionism!!

Hence it is important that some folks are sharing how they approach a chart. Why I feel so strongly about it? When I was a beginner and learning to figure out the ropes all by myself, I was perplexed by this secretive attitude amongst jyotishis (practising ones!) as if they were insecure or something  :smt003

My english is mediocre and please trust me that I was not trying to inculcate bhasha-shuddhi in you, rather, I was just trying to make sure that we are not expressing something that will confuse others with this primary-secondary business! :smt004

RR[/quote]

Okay Dada,

I always said that the 4th & 9th & the karaks are important to decipher this (in the concerned amsas).

Primary & secondary was an expression of mine. Now trying to decode/go back to this threads contents would be laborious.

As long as both are important its okay.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”