The moon & the 'I'

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Rishi,

Some say that moon is passionate, but in observations its passion tends to be readily aroused but fleeting, for chandrama is chanchal, visibly and experientially. It is not a negative trait, but just reality as it stands! Movies would not be possible without this property, because what is a movie, after all? A series of still-frames flashing before the eye! A still picture can have passion, but it has to be extracted and understood and realized by the spectator which is not a quality or ability that all possess! On the other hand, passionate displays jump out of movies and animation and all spectators can easily 'get it', as long as they are alive and watching! ;-)

Love and Light and Observations ;-)

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:50 pm

I am a passionate guy, specially to a woman  :smt020 I think chandrama controlling my emotion.

I want to know -----
If everything has control through planet then what is I. What is the importance of I ? Is it meaning I is so weaker that a planet from miles away controlling every I on this planet of earth ? But I understood that I is not that kind of weaker, I is a something that capable to reject planet's controlling commend and accept controlling commend. But by default I set mode to accepting controlling commend from planets.

How I set myself to reject every commend from planet and only I become the GOD of myself. Any Idea.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:18 pm

biltu wrote:I am a passionate guy, specially to a woman  :smt020 I think chandrama controlling my emotion.

I want to know -----
If everything has control through planet then what is I. What is the importance of I ? Is it meaning I is so weaker that a planet from miles away controlling every I on this planet of earth ? But I understood that I is not that kind of weaker, I is a something that capable to reject planet's controlling commend and accept controlling commend. But by default I set mode to accepting controlling commend from planets.

How I set myself to reject every commend from planet and only I become the GOD of myself. Any Idea.
Moon is all about emotions, Biltu and can be quite passionate but it tends to be of the fleeting kind because chandrama by its inherent nature is fleeting. That said, you should realize that you or anyone is not governed by one planet alone. Like anyone else, there are 12 signs and 8 more planets which influence too! It is the resultant and things like how much, what kind of quality, etc etc. Otherwise we would be falling into one factor trap! :-)

I thought I was fairly careful in my sharing to focus on the planet and not any particular person etc. Sorry if I confused you! :-(

What I was trying to describe was a character in the alphabet! You can't grab that and try to make a sentence out of it, analogically! That would not be appropriate to do in any language! Including the language known as ASTROLOGY  :smt004

[add: Also, Biltu, you probably did not pay attention to or did not take me seriously in all these days! I have consistently stated that I do not believe astrological planets cause or make us do anything! They are simply indicators not causal forces! The planets etc in outer space (bodies and invisible, sa-pinda and a-pinda) do not actually impact us or our lives, but just serve as 'markers' which we use in astrology! In that context I have often used the example of clock and hunger. The hands of clock do not make us hungry when they meet together at noon, they are just moving with our inner clock as it has been stated. Similarly macro and micro cosmos are coordinated and yoked. Why such coordination is there is the mystical secret wonder. I hope this time I get through! ;-)  ]

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:58 pm

biltu wrote:I am a passionate guy, specially to a woman  :smt020 I think chandrama controlling my emotion.

I want to know -----

Biltu,

Wonderful & very imaginative thoughts! I expected this to come to you sometime in life, being born in the numbers that you were born in.

Many philosophers have spoken & pondered about The 'I'....and you are also onto it now.

Planets indicate through your basic nature. They are indicators of your life. Only astrologers may make a mistake in trying to indicate. Some succeed.

The success or failure is secondary; but planets 'indicate' destiny. They do not change it entirely.

So many successful people have become successful without following astrology. Even then astrology has indicated the success.
It is a method to reveal what is happening/will happen.

Regarding commands from planet= Like following a better lifestyle/diet helps to make your life better; following what the planets are trying to say can make your life better.
Life is a road. We can make the travel better or worse.

The 'I' remains the same whether we follow astrology/the planets or not. Only the importance given to "I' changes.

The difference is how we deal with the 'I'; even though the 'I' continues to exist as long as you live.

As RR ji mentioned, the moon is about emotions. Now what do you mean?

RishiRahul

biltu

Post by biltu » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: I thought I was fairly careful in my sharing to focus on the planet and not any particular person etc. Sorry if I confused you! :-(
NO, NO, you never confused me and I know that you don't indicate me when you wrote about moon is passionate. As you talking about " moon is passionate " and I say maybe moon controlling my emotion too as I find myself passionate to a something and write it here. This is just like a conversation going on through Internet forum :)

I will be much happy if you indicate me in your every post, believe it or not   :smt006  :smt006  :smt003  :smt003 I will be happy if you write my name Biltu ( Given by my Grand Father Dhirendra Nath Chakraborty ) in your post  :smt020  :smt020. Another name I have Ratul also given by my grand father. Those are my Home given name. He was emotional person. He was kindhearted person. I don't know what is my Grand Father's Horoscope was. He had it. Because I seen it but at that time I was 8 or 11. But I think as he was emotional person so Chandrama had something to do with it.

biltu

Post by biltu » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:31 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

I want to know -----

Biltu,

Wonderful & very imaginative thoughts! I expected this to come to you sometime in life, being born in the numbers that you were born in.

Many philosophers have spoken & pondered about The 'I'....and you are also onto it now.

Planets indicate through your basic nature. They are indicators of your life. Only astrologers may make a mistake in trying to indicate. Some succeed.

The success or failure is secondary; but planets 'indicate' destiny. They do not change it entirely.

So many successful people have become successful without following astrology. Even then astrology has indicated the success.
It is a method to reveal what is happening/will happen.

Regarding commands from planet= Like following a better lifestyle/diet helps to make your life better; following what the planets are trying to say can make your life better.

The 'I' remains the same whether we follow astrology/the planets or not. Only the importance given to "I' changes.

The difference is how we deal with the 'I'; even though the 'I' continues to exist as long as you live.

As RR ji mentioned, the moon is about emotions. Now what do you mean?

RishiRahul
Thank you RishiRahul jii :) I understand your post. I like your one sentences ---- Regarding commands from planet= Like following a better lifestyle/diet helps to make your life better; following what the planets are trying to say can make your life better.

Yes, you are absolutely right.

Sometime I have feeling which I cannot describe by words, that feeling suddenly appear and gone so many time. It was like -- I was, I am, I will be. It is really funny to hear but I feel it. By saying this I do not make myself a superior Human being. Because everyone can feel it anyone can feel it. It seems to me like they are just covering into something that forbidden them to feel it. Some person do not understand when me taking about the I to them, because me want to feel them the I they have. It its seem like they really do not understand what is it. Some person listening carefully and understand, I don't know they are feeling the I of them or not but they are agree with me. I also notice that those person who are agree with me about the I, they are thinking way is much good and best then the person who do not understand what is it.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:39 pm

biltu wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: I thought I was fairly careful in my sharing to focus on the planet and not any particular person etc. Sorry if I confused you! :-(
NO, NO, you never confused me and I know that you don't indicate me when you wrote about moon is passionate. As you talking about " moon is passionate " and I say maybe moon controlling my emotion too as I find myself passionate to a something and write it here. This is just like a conversation going on through Internet forum :)

I will be much happy if you indicate me in your every post, believe it or not   :smt006  :smt006  :smt003  :smt003 I will be happy if you write my name Biltu ( Given by my Grand Father Dhirendra Nath Chakraborty ) in your post  :smt020  :smt020. Another name I have Ratul also given by my grand father. Those are my Home given name. He was emotional person. He was kindhearted person. I don't know what is my Grand Father's Horoscope was. He had it. Because I seen it but at that time I was 8 or 11. But I think as he was emotional person so Chandrama had something to do with it.

Biltu,

I kind of had figured out that it was your dak-naam :-) But nice to know that you enjoyed your grand father's company. People with chandrama prominent are emotional and sensitive. You are equating emotions-emotional with being passionate or having a passion! I see why you sounded a bit confused!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:36 am

biltu wrote: ...

Thank you RishiRahul jii :) I understand your post. I like your one sentences ---- Regarding commands from planet= Like following a better lifestyle/diet helps to make your life better; following what the planets are trying to say can make your life better.

Yes, you are absolutely right.

Sometime I have feeling which I cannot describe by words, that feeling suddenly appear and gone so many time. It was like -- I was, I am, I will be. It is really funny to hear but I feel it. By saying this I do not make myself a superior Human being. Because everyone can feel it anyone can feel it. It seems to me like they are just covering into something that forbidden them to feel it. Some person do not understand when me taking about the I to them, because me want to feel them the I they have. It its seem like they really do not understand what is it. Some person listening carefully and understand, I don't know they are feeling the I of them or not but they are agree with me. I also notice that those person who are agree with me about the I, they are thinking way is much good and best then the person who do not understand what is it.

This is a beautiful sharing, Biltu!
Obviously you are in the *ZONE*! By the way, that was an advanced technique that was advocated to photographers back in the 50s-60s:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_system

Most would perhaps not even follow the link, but so be it! ;-)

The *I* is the photographer, not the reality, nor is it the photo that is about the reality! Just the photographer's concept of the reality?

When 'I' becomes ONE with the Reality, breathtaking photo-captures of Reality in All its glory and beauty ensues!

I think that is what Rishirahul was meaning when he compared a few messages ago between internet forum quickie readings and snippets and The Real Thing! ;-)

[http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ans ... &FORM=IGRE]

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

biltu

Post by biltu » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Oldie times photo of Biltu  :)  :smt002

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:37 am

biltu wrote:Oldie times photo of Biltu  :)  :smt002

WOW BILTU! You must have been like 3 or 4, but what a mature and fully-developed expression of JOY that you have managed to retain for 89-90 some years! ;-)

Also, this kind of proves that silver oxide technology on celluloid-acetate films in vogue back 90ish years earlier ROCKED and the claims about its chemical stability are not OVER-RATED! Modern AZO-Dye based CDs, DVDs are at best rated to last for 15 to 30 years, though commercially produced aluminum CDs (most legitimate commercial CDs!) may survive 30-50 years from what I have read!

BILTU, the million dollar question is: Are you really 94 years old as claimed these days by you? Or are you taking us simple folks on a ride? ;-)

Is that a kangan you are wearing? Or some special amulet? (side-question!)

Love, Light, LEVITY!

Rohini_da (even though I am a saturn-return JUNIOR to venerable YOU! <LOL>)

MA ko kyon beech may laanaa! Woh to IS REALM KO KABHIE KAA TYAAG DEENIE HAI...! :-(

biltu

Post by biltu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: Also, this kind of proves that silver oxide technology on celluloid-acetate films in vogue back 90ish years earlier ROCKED and the claims about its chemical stability are not OVER-RATED! Modern AZO-Dye based CDs, DVDs are at best rated to last for 15 to 30 years, though commercially produced aluminum CDs (most legitimate commercial CDs!) may survive 30-50 years from what I have read!
Dear Rohiniranjan jii :)

You are correct what you say above :)
Rohiniranjan wrote:BILTU, the million dollar question is: Are you really 94 years old as claimed these days by you? Or are you taking us simple folks on a ride? ;-)
You and RishiRahul jii knows the correct age of the human body currently I live in. But if you ask me the actual age of mine then I say I am billions year old. I born on this earth lots of time from beginning, the time when this earth creates the life on it and every born of my I gather the knowledge, the knowledge which help me to dissolve with the creator of this universe so I do not need to reborn again. This is not only me. all inhabitant of this earth has the same aim.    
Rohiniranjan wrote:Is that a kangan you are wearing? Or some special amulet? (side-question!)
Yes, it was kangan. Still I have this kangan. I keep it in a safe place. My Grand Father given it to me.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:57 am

biltu wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:BILTU, the million dollar question is: Are you really 94 years old as claimed these days by you? Or are you taking us simple folks on a ride? ;-)
You and RishiRahul jii knows the correct age of the human body currently I live in. But if you ask me the actual age of mine then I say I am billions year old. I born on this earth lots of time from beginning, the time when this earth creates the life on it and every born of my I gather the knowledge, the knowledge which help me to dissolve with the creator of this universe so I do not need to reborn again. This is not only me. all inhabitant of this earth has the same aim.    

Biltu, I was joking! :smt019

The forum provides us a choice to plug-in whatever date of birth we enter (and change!). You might be doing so in jest, but I am personally aware of the fact that some do it for other more serious reasons, including a certain annonymity and to avoid harassment :-( Date of birth, after all, is a rather personal identifier and can be misused for nefarious intents, sadly! &nbsp;:smt010

Your explanation (though no one was demanding it, nor has any right to demand same!) is intriguing and also opens one interesting thought! The entity named 'Biltu' might be 24, 36, 49 or whatever (in earth years) or *94* but certainly has changed from the past lifetime or lifetimes! So, the *I* might have been Sunil or Ahmed or Simon or Gandolph or Cxiang or Sukanta or Hiawatha to which the sense of *I* got associated, but these are connected or disconnected (generally the latter) but yet in a higher and spiritual sense reflect a continuity! Since human species is surmised to be only about 100-150000 years old, the soul might have been coming as a prehistoric animal and might even have spent time on earth as Tyrannosaurus Rex at one remote point in past or even as non-jeeva, for all we know! Isn't that so fascinating to even think of? WOW!

Yet this *I* is such a strong and powerful sense of awareness that makes us connect to that immortal sense of "I am SOUL/I am CONSCIOUSNESS" even for a fleeting moment and the revelations and sense of universal CONNECTEDNESS that our modern focus has taken us away from and which in many folks at a young age might seem as a waste of time!

The young person might also sneer at this stream of consciousness and sarcastically and cynically ask, "What has this to do with astrology?"

They forget in their haste that without the inherent framework of KARMA and *lineage* and connectedness of lifetimes, astrology begins to lose its sense, its soul and its infrastructure!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: The *I* is the photographer, not the reality, nor is it the photo that is about the reality! Just the photographer's concept of the reality?

When 'I' becomes ONE with the Reality, breathtaking photo-captures of Reality in All its glory and beauty ensues!

I think that is what Rishirahul was meaning when he compared a few messages ago between internet forum quickie readings and snippets and The Real Thing! ;-)
You give a wonderful example about The I with a photographer :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:30 pm

biltu wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: The *I* is the photographer, not the reality, nor is it the photo that is about the reality! Just the photographer's concept of the reality?

You give a wonderful example about The I with a photographer :)
Dear Biltu,

Thanks for your appreciation. Like any analogy or example, I am sure this is not perfect or complete and like the full-moon! It describes beauty and light, but we can see the craters and focus on those, while forgetting the big picture! So when they say Laila had a pock-marked face (like craters on moon, possibly due to small-pox which was not uncommon and always left scars back in those days; Majnoo (her epic lover) saw the beauty and compared her with the moon which was (and remains) a symbol of beauty and instances like those perhaps gave the famous saw: Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: The young person might also sneer at this stream of consciousness and sarcastically and cynically ask, "What has this to do with astrology?"

They forget in their haste that without the inherent framework of KARMA and *lineage* and connectedness of lifetimes, astrology begins to lose its sense, its soul and its infrastructure!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
If our parents guide their children and tell them the truth about astrology and tell them who you are and what is your duty and purpose to do as a human-being then all our children will be real educated and they will change our world. This will be happen with a real education.

General education help our children to exercise their brain to developed and giving real education with general education this developed brain help them to achieve and realize the truth which they get from real education. Every children need a proper education so that they will know the duty and the purpose to do as a human-being into this world. I don't know I will have a children or not but if I have then at least I will try to give them a proper education from beginning.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”