Is Jupiter a malefic for Libra rising (lagna), (UNCONDITIONALLY)?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Is Jupiter a malefic for Libra rising (lagna), (UNCONDITIONALLY)?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:10 pm

A strong statement was heard recently:
** for Libra rising, Jupiter  is out and out malefic. If he is combust, or placed in 6th or 8th he spares the native. That is my experience.**

Database of human A and AA birthdata (first filter) produced the following results (percentage values):

%          
Category                Tula lagna  JU combust  & Ju in 6/8  JU (ex ow fr ke trik)  Ju (deb enemy trika)
n = (100% refer.)  2690               1587                196                2226                          1777
Fin gains                  4.68                 4.41                2.55              4.49                            4.90
Fin losses                 4.87                0.76                 0.51              0.67                            0.56
Healthy                     1.23                1.20                 1.02             1.26                             1.35
Weak constitution    0.22               0.13                 0.00            0.27                             0.17
Maj Diseases             6.62                7.18                 7.65             6.65                             6.87
Marriage good          3.12                2.33                 2.04             3.10                            3.38
Mrg bad/div/wid     4.05                4.98                4.59              5.44                           4.39

Looks like disappointingly minor influence as a reliable factor, folks! I was hoping to see at least some strong ripples in the health area but even there it is insignificant :-(

Time and again, when such one factor pronounced are tossed at a number of charts, anecdotal impressions often coming as strong claims seem to fail! Why do we jyotishis still adamantly continue to throw these at others and still claim and cling tooth and nail to our original claims is beyond comprehension! To me this glaringly has meant that while such statements are not false or unimportant, but rather strongly pointing to the NEED to probe and examine further and we will probably come to the conclusion that something else needs to be looked at! Perhaps the finer vargas, perhaps the individual composite strength of jupiter (in this case), other planetary influences on jupiter and houses concerned, ashtakavarga, nakshatras involved, and similar other nuances that makes or breaks the original premise, as the one that initiated this examination!

Happy New Year!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:02 pm

How come Fin gains, Fin losses, Healthy, Weak constitution, Maj Diseases, Marriage good, Mrg bad/div/wid depend upon only Jupiter. There is others planet who also taking part of those section for Libra rising and give good and bad number or percentage. For Libra rising Jupiter is good up-to some degree ( I forget the degree ) after that not so good and not so bad. There is always --
Rohiniranjan wrote: something else needs to be looked at!
                                   :)  :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:55 pm

biltu wrote:How come Fin gains, Fin losses, Healthy, Weak constitution, Maj Diseases, Marriage good, Mrg bad/div/wid depend upon only Jupiter. There is others planet who also taking part of those section for Libra rising and give good and bad number or percentage. For Libra rising Jupiter is good up-to some degree ( I forget the degree ) after that not so good and not so bad. There is always --
Rohiniranjan wrote: something else needs to be looked at!
                                   :)  :)
Dear,

That was the point I was making too, as included in my posting (last part) which I have seen to be the case each and every instance of 'one factor' emphasis, or shall we say "over-emphasis"

The categories chosen were some of the things under discussion elsewhere, but sickness in particular because jupiter rules the 6th house and is believed to be one of the strong indicators of wealth and affluence, among other things. The important angle is that most of the percentages had like 4-7% 'hits' but that would mean many many more 'misses' if we sit down and do the raw counting, and examine case by case. This is because of these "other modifiers" involved!

Once I was looking at kala-nidhi yoga which gives an art (cinema, drama, dancing) gift and shows up in many famous performers (stage and screen) and so may seem to be a surefire indicator. But also seen in folks who have no such gifts (not 2 an exceptional degree anyways) but merely a liking and even secret desire for such a career or no interest at all to a serious extent.

The paradox, Biltu, is that learning astrology is very simple although astrology is not simple! :smt020

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

biltu

Post by biltu » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: The paradox, Biltu, is that learning astrology is very simple although astrology is not simple! :smt020

RR
ImageImage

Rohiniranjan

Another example of failed beliefs (Atheist vs Faith-filled!)

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:26 pm

The statement crossed my desk:
**According to some seers,one may have faith in God,if the Ascendant is not afflicted and its lord occupy kendra/trikona/ucha/mooltrikona/swashetra/mithru/dhanalaabha isthana .Further placement of subha grha in Ascendant or their drishti to it, is considered to give uttama palan.**

Sigh! Another recent example when the cold laser of examination is aimed towards a group of charts!

7 out of 15 atheists fit in the parameters given above (About 50% defy the rule, in other words).
Most effective filter was Ruler of 1 in houses 1, 4, 5, 7, 9 and 10

59 out of 123 religious nativities fit the same filters. Again the most effective filter was the one that worked best for the opposite category (Less than 50% fit the rule, in other words).

What to do, what to do! What is going on...? <LOL>

Regards,

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Some notes on Human Observational BIASes!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:02 am

I am really curious about this human tendency of 'latching on to personal observations!'

What is a gift for us human beings is also the naked edge of the razor on which we all walk, and which seeds our beliefs and also biases; particularly subjective ones :-(

Astrologers are prone to that as much as any other Tom, Ahmed and Hari!

Simha (LEO) lagnas, regardless of whether sun is weak or strong, have struck me as clearly displaying the trait of generosity (in general), yet remaining extremely territorial and protective of their territories (family, work, friends, lovers, underlings, etc). But I shall NEVER dare make a pronouncement that ALL Leos are like that or could be like that!

Pisces can be very indecisive, unsure, literally floundering and flopping about, but also deep divers in a metaphorical sense and regardless of where jupiter is, although that is an important 'fishing hook' if you catch my *drift*! But I will never make the claim that all or even most *fish* are like that!

Or the remaining 10 categories at the gross-sthula-superficial level for that matter!

The Great Rishis gifted us with an intricate and very rich information matrix of tips and hints and pointers and Kalki awataar love him or hate, gave us tools to get really *plugged-in* but most seem to float, flounder and just make froth out of water (surface waters!).

THAT is a SHAME!!

Love, Light and Better 2014 to and for ALL OF US!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Is Jupiter a malefic for Libra rising (lagna), (UNCONDITIONALLY)?

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:A strong statement was heard recently:
** for Libra rising, Jupiter  is out and out malefic. If he is combust, or placed in 6th or 8th he spares the native. That is my experience.**

Database of human A and AA birthdata (first filter) produced the following results (percentage values):

%          
Category                Tula lagna  JU combust  & Ju in 6/8  JU (ex ow fr ke trik)  Ju (deb enemy trika)
n = (100% refer.)  2690               1587                196                2226                          1777
Fin gains                  4.68                 4.41                2.55              4.49                            4.90
Fin losses                 4.87                0.76                 0.51              0.67                            0.56
Healthy                     1.23                1.20                 1.02             1.26                             1.35
Weak constitution    0.22               0.13                 0.00            0.27                             0.17
Maj Diseases             6.62                7.18                 7.65             6.65                             6.87
Marriage good          3.12                2.33                 2.04             3.10                            3.38
Mrg bad/div/wid     4.05                4.98                4.59              5.44                           4.39

Looks like disappointingly minor influence as a reliable factor, folks! I was hoping to see at least some strong ripples in the health area but even there it is insignificant :-(

Time and again, when such one factor pronounced are tossed at a number of charts, anecdotal impressions often coming as strong claims seem to fail! Why do we jyotishis still adamantly continue to throw these at others and still claim and cling tooth and nail to our original claims is beyond comprehension! To me this glaringly has meant that while such statements are not false or unimportant, but rather strongly pointing to the NEED to probe and examine further and we will probably come to the conclusion that something else needs to be looked at! Perhaps the finer vargas, perhaps the individual composite strength of jupiter (in this case), other planetary influences on jupiter and houses concerned, ashtakavarga, nakshatras involved, and similar other nuances that makes or breaks the original premise, as the one that initiated this examination!

Happy New Year!

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

The 'one factor' astrology works when it is used "flexibly".

Jupiter as 3rd. & 6th. lords can be difficult, but may not be damaging.
Again, Jupiter dasa prepares the native for the next oncoming Shani (a dire functional benefic for Libra lagnas).

The doom/gloom, if any, for Jupiter dasas for Libra Lagnas also depends upon the state of Jupiter.

Such a Jupiter does not give power to the native to perform as he should/will.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:04 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

%          

Happy New Year!

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Again, Jupiter dasa prepares the native for the next oncoming Shani (a dire functional benefic for Libra lagnas).

The doom/gloom, if any, for Jupiter dasas for Libra Lagnas also depends upon the state of Jupiter.

Rishi
Rishi,

"Flexibly" is not the term I would have chosen! More appropriate would be "integratively" or 'in interplay with' or something similar to indicate that the single factor works in a MATRIX of other factors which is how with so few discreet factors interplay to form a richer spread of variations on the basic theme and describe the lives of billions of I-N-D-I-V-D-U-A-L-S, the word being descriptive of uniqueness!

The more I experience jyotish, the more convinced I get about the futility of such one factor pigeon-holing that even ancient Maha Jyotishis (Rishis) were *seemingly* falling prey to, at least when describing astrological rules &nbsp;and dasa effects etc! Sadly, fact of the matter is that we can learn these factors one by one, but then we must not use those as our walking sticks adamantly ;-) but realize that we use those in a matrix integrated manner. That is what alone I had been harping about :smt004 &nbsp;:smt002 &nbsp;whether anyone accepts or not, admits or not!

Words can be very powerful, because for most of us that is the only way we can convey and communicate our thoughts by!

HNY! 2014 calendar is identical to the calendar of 1947. May all of us get independence this year! &nbsp;:smt020

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

P.S.: An interested calendar utility!

http://www.calwiz.com/calendar.cgi
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

%          

Happy New Year!

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Rishi
Rishi,

"Flexibly" is not the term I would have chosen! More appropriate would be "integratively" or 'in interplay with' or something similar to indicate that the single factor works in a MATRIX of other factors which is how with so few discreet factors interplay to form a richer spread of variations on the basic theme and describe the lives of billions of I-N-D-I-V-D-U-A-L-S, the word being descriptive of uniqueness!

The more I experience jyotish, the more convinced I get about the futility of such one factor pigeon-holing that even ancient Maha Jyotishis (Rishis) were *seemingly* falling prey to, at least when describing astrological rules  and dasa effects etc! Sadly, fact of the matter is that we can learn these factors one by one, but then we must not use those as our walking sticks adamantly ;-) but realize that we use those in a matrix integrated manner. That is what alone I had been harping about :smt004  :smt002  whether anyone accepts or not, admits or not!

Words can be very powerful, because for most of us that is the only way we can convey and communicate our thoughts by!

HNY! 2014 calendar is identical to the calendar of 1947. May all of us get independence this year!  :smt020

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

:)

Yes, the Ghati lagna is active for India this year.

Thanks,

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:04 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

%          

Happy New Year!

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Rishi
Rishi,

The more I experience jyotish, the more convinced I get about the futility of such one factor pigeon-holing that even ancient Maha Jyotishis (Rishis) were *seemingly* falling prey to, at least when describing astrological rules  and dasa effects etc! Sadly, fact of the matter is that we can learn these factors one by one, but then we must not use those as our walking sticks adamantly ;-) but realize that we use those in a matrix integrated manner. That is what alone I had been harping about :smt004  :smt002  whether anyone accepts or not, admits or not!

HNY! 2014 calendar is identical to the calendar of 1947. May all of us get independence this year!  :smt020

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

:)

Yes, the Ghati lagna is active for India this year.

Thanks,

Rishi
Not just that but a few *other* factors too <LOL>

Anyways, back to enjoying ion-rich, fresh, Ocean-breeze...!

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

ykbhardwaj

Post by ykbhardwaj » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 am

Interesting.
I have Tula lagna and Jupiter in 5th house in Aquarius Rashi with Lagna lord Venus. I had excellent Venus/Jupiter period where my son was born and I had my first overseas assignment for full Jupiter bhukti. I have been very good in studies and (touch wood) no health complaints.
Dreams are not what you see while you sleep, Dreams are those which do not let you sleep.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:38 am

ykbhardwaj wrote:Interesting.
I have Tula lagna and Jupiter in 5th house in Aquarius Rashi with Lagna lord Venus. I had excellent Venus/Jupiter period where my son was born and I had my first overseas assignment for full Jupiter bhukti. I have been very good in studies and (touch wood) no health complaints.
Bhardwaj ji,

If you wish to make this conversation meaningful, you would need to make it connect your contribution with what was earlier shared in this thread by others, or else your sharings will get *lost*!

Including perhaps the spiritual querries...? ;-)

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:46 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

%          

Happy New Year!

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Rishi
Rishi,

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

For Libra lagna, Jupiter is the lord of 3rd. & 6th. house= the houses of courage, boldness.

Jupiter is known to be in marankarak sthana in the 3rd. house= reason being that Jupiter is uncomfortable there as it does not signify the courage of boldness (though it may signify the wisdom).
Courage is known to be Martian, like Mars.

Do you guys think this logic is correct?
If so, or if not, could you add your views/experience?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

ykbhardwaj

Post by ykbhardwaj » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
ykbhardwaj wrote:Interesting.
Bhardwaj ji,

If you wish to make this conversation meaningful, you would need to make it connect your contribution with what was earlier shared in this thread by others, or else your sharings will get *lost*!

Including perhaps the spiritual querries...? ;-)

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan

Dear RohiniRanjan ji,

I welcome your suggestion. I will make sure I connect to information already available in thread. And thanks you read my posted question on "spirituality" :-)

I am a hard core technology person but slowly gaining interest in Astrology so forgive me being a novice.

The subject of the discussion was so tempting due to my personal interest in the query that I decided to share my experience of Jupiter for Tula lagna. I always found in many books and numerous websites contradicting information about Jupiter for Tula lagna some quoting lord of two bad houses (3,6) and some quoting not that malefic due to lord of two upachaya houses and for my case book said lord of 6th house gone to 12th from it so will be benefic?

Thanks & Regards,
YB
Dreams are not what you see while you sleep, Dreams are those which do not let you sleep.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm

No problem, Sir! An experienced individual in a technical field would soon get the hang of it :-)

Extending the consideration a bit and away from the chart, a general principle or rather my thoughts on it: the 3rd represents longevity, siblings (particularly younger ones), efforts. Why do you think it should be considered malefic? Unless Charvak ji was judging the house!

For lord of 6th in 12th (from lagna) being good, please read about vipareeta raja yogas (partial as well as full). Also known as VRY (acronym). This does not necessarily apply to the individual houses, although some more flexible would consider each house as the lagna or orientation point and apply general principles on the same for studying the house. In the example you are using, viewing from the fifth house, as lagna, Jupiter will become the representer of dhan and aay and both indicators of *wealth* being in the house of vyaya (from 5th) would indicate a negative indication. For the fifth house, that is! However, please do remember that these would constitute one or two factors or bricks in the building.

Fifth is primarily about children or more specifically, the first child, but as you sift through the pages and pages written about fifth house, other indications would become apparent, quite a few of which have to do with Karma and spiritual progress and productivity of many different kinds apart from progeny.

Good luck with your ventures. For spiritual matters, my view is that one should not be too cerebral, analytical and technical about it, but work with and IN faith!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”