Is Jupiter a malefic for Libra rising (lagna), (UNCONDITIONALLY)?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Bharadwaj ji,

As an additional and hopefully generally relevant note, (some) jyotishis also use this relative-house reorientation (in addition to lagna and Chandra as orientation points) for dasha considerations in at least few additional ways, such as:

The mahadasha lord's natal position as the first house and sub-period's natal location, for instance, briefly, if in angles or trines from MD lord, good, but not so good if 6/8 or 12/2 etc as in the typical horoscopic analysis.

The dasha and bhukti lord's transit positions at the time of start of a bhukti. This is part of the dasha-pravesh or bhukti-pravesh chart that some make as part of a detailed dasha consideration during a reading.

I realize that most beginners might feel a bit overloaded with all the additional considerations, but with practice it becomes easier.

Also the navamsha tulya and rashi tulya considerations and there are so many other similar means to add to the integrated matrix approach, as I call it.

But take it easy, layer by layer...

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:30 pm

Namaste ,

Here I am commenting on a chart before me :

It has Jup as 3L + 6L , sitting in its trine (mools-trikona) in 3H. In MD and AD of Jup, the native topped in school. But in next AD (of Saturn), the native could not attend school due to illness and lost one year, and lost mother in an accident too (Saturn being 4L + 5L). Saturn was an yoga-giver and helped the native positively in Saturn's MD, but being inimical to Jup, Saturn's AD in Jup's MD was very very bad.

Here, the rule from Laghu Parashari can be cited : a planet gives its fruits during dashaas of its relatives.

In the above chart, Saturn was sitting with Jup, but inimically.

But if in some other chart, if Saturn is not a relative of Jup and not inimical to Jup, then the fruits in Sat's AD during Jup's MD must be quite different.

Therefore, too much generalization is bad. General rules are to be used not blindly, but according to the contexts only.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:Namaste ,

It has Jup as 3L + 6L , sitting in its trine (mools-trikona) in 3H. In MD and AD of Jup, the native topped in school. But in next AD (of Saturn), the native could not attend school due to illness and lost one year, and lost mother in an accident too (Saturn being 4L + 5L). Saturn was an yoga-giver and helped the native positively in Saturn's MD, but being inimical to Jup, Saturn's AD in Jup's MD was very very bad.

Here, the rule from Laghu Parashari can be cited : a planet gives its fruits during dashaas of its relatives.

But if in some other chart, if Saturn is not a relative of Jup and not inimical to Jup, then the fruits in Sat's AD during Jup's MD must be quite different.

Therefore, too much generalization is bad. General rules are to be used not blindly, but according to the contexts only.

VJ
From general to specific is true not just for astrology, but all human pursuits. This has been the trend I have observed in my different pursuits. I really wish that all aspiring jyotishis studied more ancient books, but everywhere Internet Jindabad!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

vijiyan

Post by vijiyan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:00 pm

VJ
Respected Vinay Jha Ji, Sir if you don't mind can you share the native"s birth details....It will be helpful for novice members like me.

Thank You

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:18 pm

VJ

Dear Vinay ji,

Can you please explain the part:= 'a planet gives its fruits during dashaas of its relatives'.

Thanks,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Namaste,

There are many  TYPES of Dashaa-phalas (fruits of dashaas or periods like Vimshottari) :

One important variety is the fruit given through friendly or inimical relatives of the dashaa-kaaraka planet. There are four types of relations : mutual house exchange, conjunct, lord's aspect, and mutual aspect. An unrelated planet does not bear any significant fruit of the planet.

This fruit is provided during the sub-period of the planet. I.e., the MD-planet will give its good fruits during AD of its friendly relatives, and will give bad fruits during AD of its enemies with strong relations. Similarly, the AD planet will give fruits through PD planets having relations with the AD planet, and so on. This rule applies not only to Vimshottari, but to all dashaa systems.

This is the most important avenue through which fruits of dashaas are provided. There are other avenues too, such as the following :

The chief fruit of a planet is provided in that portion of its dashaa which is at the same ratio to its total dashaa length as the ratio of its longitude within the sign after excluding the whole signs. For instance, if a planet is at 130 degrees, excluding the whole signs leaves 10 degrees, and therefore its main fruit will come after 33% of its total dashaa. For a retrograde planet, instead of taking 10 degrees we ought to take  '30 minus 10 degrees'. This rule is stated in initial part of Dashaa-phalaadhyaaya of BPHS, but never used by astrologers. I use it extensively, and I use it also for BTR needed for DAC (Dashaa Aarambha Chakra).

Most powerful effects of a planet comes through its DAC, but making correct DAC charts may take many weeks because ancient methods are not usable now.

Most practical method of getting dashaa effects is through a combination of Sudarshana Chakra, Varsha / Maasa Pravesha charts, and Vimshottari effects in those charts, taking help of AV (Ashtaka Varga) and gochara, transits, too (as mentioned in second part of BPHS).

Merely birthtime D1 cannot give the correct dashaa phala, as most of Vedic astrologers are trying to do. This is over-simplification of Vedic Astrology. Simplistic phalita methods result in too much experimentation in mathematics (e.g., ayanamshas &c). On the other hand, neglecting the fundamentals of BPHS and using higher things like Jaimini system is also a bad trend. Jaimini was chief disciple of Parashara Ji's son Veda Vyaasa Ji, but recently some enthusiasts declare that Jaimini system is different from Parashara system.

Not even 5% of BPHS is being used properly. Jaimini should not be touched before mastering the fundamentals of Parashari Hora.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:Namaste,

There are many  TYPES of Dashaa-phalas (fruits of dashaas or periods like Vimshottari) :

One important variety is the fruit given through friendly or inimical relatives of the dashaa-kaaraka planet. There are four types of relations : mutual house exchange, conjunct, lord's aspect, and mutual aspect. An unrelated planet does not bear any significant fruit of the planet.

This fruit is provided during the sub-period of the planet. I.e., the MD-planet will give its good fruits during AD of its friendly relatives, and will give bad fruits during AD of its enemies with strong relations. Similarly, the AD planet will give fruits through PD planets having relations with the AD planet, and so on. This rule applies not only to Vimshottari, but to all dashaa systems.

This is the most important avenue through which fruits of dashaas are provided. There are other avenues too, such as the following :

The chief fruit of a planet is provided in that portion of its dashaa which is at the same ratio to its total dashaa length as the ratio of its longitude within the sign after excluding the whole signs. For instance, if a planet is at 130 degrees, excluding the whole signs leaves 10 degrees, and therefore its main fruit will come after 33% of its total dashaa. For a retrograde planet, instead of taking 10 degrees we ought to take  '30 minus 10 degrees'. This rule is stated in initial part of Dashaa-phalaadhyaaya of BPHS, but never used by astrologers. I use it extensively, and I use it also for BTR needed for DAC (Dashaa Aarambha Chakra).

Most powerful effects of a planet comes through its DAC, but making correct DAC charts may take many weeks because ancient methods are not usable now.

Most practical method of getting dashaa effects is through a combination of Sudarshana Chakra, Varsha / Maasa Pravesha charts, and Vimshottari effects in those charts, taking help of AV (Ashtaka Varga) and gochara, transits, too (as mentioned in second part of BPHS).

Merely birthtime D1 cannot give the correct dashaa phala, as most of Vedic astrologers are trying to do. This is over-simplification of Vedic Astrology. Simplistic phalita methods result in too much experimentation in mathematics (e.g., ayanamshas &c). On the other hand, neglecting the fundamentals of BPHS and using higher things like Jaimini system is also a bad trend. Jaimini was chief disciple of Parashara Ji's son Veda Vyaasa Ji, but recently some enthusiasts declare that Jaimini system is different from Parashara system.

Not even 5% of BPHS is being used properly. Jaimini should not be touched before mastering the fundamentals of Parashari Hora.

VJ
Very good post, Vinay ji,

When you speak of inimical relatives  in terms of antardasa do you mean tatkalik relations with the dasa lord?

Yes, Jaimini is very much a part of parashara.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Same old, same old...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:13 am

Vinay Jha ji has written well, always -- and with Clarity 2020! Sadly, though, his words have often fallen in wrong ears (and what lies between those!) and he has been treated and mistreated in many places!

I have been a member of many many internet sites but seen an interesting common thread which really began to worry me, despite zealous participation for decades! Most just assume and presume and continuing to while their time away and dream that their INTUITION would carry them across to their shore? I began to call Internet Jyotish a wasteland, neither serious nor sincere! But ALWAYS KNEW that it had the POTENTIAL if participants grew sincere, yet ONCE again!

When I was a neophyte on this wonderful and engrossing journey, without a human guru in that sense other than MA's aashirwaad, books were the only source I could have in this lifetime! BPHS and soon thereafter the eye-opening Laghu were what I have always considered as my Godsent?

Those who get HER, always GOT IT!

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:02 am

Rohoniranjan Ji has correctly estimated Laghu Parashari, which is a part of Parashari Hora which was trifurcated in modern era into Brihat, Madhya and Laghu Parashari texts. Whatever I stated about dashaa-phala of a planet coming through sub-periods of its relatives is taken from Laghu Parashari Hora.

> "When you speak of inimical relatives  in terms of antardasa do you mean tatkalik relations with the dasa lord? "

When I talk of RELATIONS, I mean the four types of relations, namely mutual house exchange, conjunct, lord's aspect, and mutual aspect relation. Friendships or enmity are relations only when real relations (of four types) are present.

Friendly or inimical influences should ALWAYS be tatkaalika. Naisargika friendships should be used only for computing tatkalika friendships and never for practical application on a chart.

VJ

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:16 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:Namaste,

VJ
Very good post, Vinay ji,

When you speak of inimical relatives  in terms of antardasa do you mean tatkalik relations with the dasa lord?

Yes, Jaimini is very much a part of parashara.

Rishi
Rohiniranjan wrote:Vinay Jha ji has written well, always -- and with Clarity 2020! Sadly, though, his words have often fallen in wrong ears (and what lies between those!) and he has been treated and mistreated in many places!

I have been a member of many many internet sites but seen an interesting common thread which really began to worry me, despite zealous participation for decades! Most just assume and presume and continuing to while their time away and dream that their INTUITION would carry them across to their shore? I began to call Internet Jyotish a wasteland, neither serious nor sincere! But ALWAYS KNEW that it had the POTENTIAL if participants grew sincere, yet ONCE again!

When I was a neophyte on this wonderful and engrossing journey, without a human guru in that sense other than MA's aashirwaad, books were the only source I could have in this lifetime! BPHS and soon thereafter the eye-opening Laghu were what I have always considered as my Godsent?

Those who get HER, always GOT IT!

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Vinay Jha wrote:Rohoniranjan Ji has correctly estimated Laghu Parashari, which is a part of Parashari Hora which was trifurcated in modern era into Brihat, Madhya and Laghu Parashari texts. Whatever I stated about dashaa-phala of a planet coming through sub-periods of its relatives is taken from Laghu Parashari Hora.

> "When you speak of inimical relatives  in terms of antardasa do you mean tatkalik relations with the dasa lord? "

When I talk of RELATIONS, I mean the four types of relations, namely mutual house exchange, conjunct, lord's aspect, and mutual aspect relation. Friendships or enmity are relations only when real relations (of four types) are present.

Friendly or inimical influences should ALWAYS be tatkaalika. Naisargika friendships should be used only for computing tatkalika friendships and never for practical application on a chart.

VJ

Dear Vinay ji,

Thank you.

Just wanted to know if my understanding of the thread post was right.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”