Karako Bhava Nasha (KBN) - astro analysis and case studies

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

mysbcrs

Karako Bhava Nasha (KBN) - astro analysis and case studies

Post by mysbcrs » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Namaste to all memebers.

KBN came up in discussions in another thread (Bhava Chalit thread). Some of us felt it would be appropriate to spin-off the discussions into a new thread.
Rishi ji has already mentioned that he has found this principle to be useful and has seen it working in a number of charts. My own intention is to put up some cases where I could get some help in applying the principle both in terms of delienting the results but more specifically on the method to be used for relating the karaka in question to the vimsottari period lords.

I will start by putting up one case.

DOB:13/June/1981 19:45 Bangalore.

Ve is in 7th - Got married in Mar 2012 after much search (traditional aka arranged  :) ) and many failed proposals. What confounds me is the Vimsottari period lords who brought about the event and more important (and relevant for this thread) I could not link it to KBN. There were many other earlier lords who could have given it. His married life is good (I would rate it at 7 on a scale of 10). If KBN effect is show up later when would this be and what could this be?

Ma in 6th - I am curious to know from other members as to what this would mean based on KBN and when will it happen?

CRS

Rohiniranjan

Re: Karako Bhava Nasha (KBN) - astro analysis and case studies

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:46 pm

mysbcrs wrote:Namaste to all memebers.

KBN came up in discussions in another thread (Bhava Chalit thread). Some of us felt it would be appropriate to spin-off the discussions into a new thread.
Rishi ji has already mentioned that he has found this principle to be useful and has seen it working in a number of charts. My own intention is to put up some cases where I could get some help in applying the principle both in terms of delienting the results but more specifically on the method to be used for relating the karaka in question to the vimsottari period lords.

Ve is in 7th - Got married in Mar 2012 after much search (traditional aka arranged  :) ) and many failed proposals. What confounds me is the Vimsottari period lords who brought about the event and more important (and relevant for this thread) I could not link it to KBN. There were many other earlier lords who could have given it. His married life is good (I would rate it at 7 on a scale of 10). If KBN effect is show up later when would this be and what could this be?

Ma in 6th - I am curious to know from other members as to what this would mean based on KBN and when will it happen?

CRS

CRS ji,

Thank you very much for bringing up and sharing this chart. Venus, the natural significator for married partner is not only in the relevant bhava (7th), regardless of whether we use sign house, equal house, Sripati house or Krishnamurti (Bhavarambha), but also in the badhakasthana (7th) for dhanu (sagittarius) lagna. The ayanamsha I use gives me lagna at 14d 12m 27" of sagittarius and moon in libra at 15d 27m 12s. Some may feel that the fact that the negative impact may be nullified due to the presence of mercury being placed there, as the lord of the house.

OR, as I prefer, we can look at the chara karakas as described by Parashara as well as Jaimini Rishis. The dara-karaka in this chart is Jupiter who is placed in kendra from the 7th house and has dual aspect on the 7th pada (which is in 4th house), by its 7th griha drishti as well as both being dual or dwiswabhava or mutable signs. It therefore does not produce KBN, but rather being in 7th from 7th pada and kendra from 7th house (charakarakas in the 4th house from significators have a strong influence on it. The house in such case falls in the 10th from Karaka -- accomplishment).

Some of the interesting, additional factors in this chart are: Union of the padas of 1st and 7th houses are together in the 4th house (contentment or sukha which some may equate with happiness), lord of the 1st house (self) itself forms the darakaraka (chara). The presence of saturn with Jupiter (DK) as well as its 10th aspect on the 7th lord, natural karaka venus and the 7th house would indicate difficulties, failed attempts and delays in the marriage.

From January 3rd, 2012, the nativity experienced the period of SA-Ve-ju. All three are very relevant to the matter of marriage (as described above). During March 2012, the 4th level ruler would be ketu up until March 18 or so and then venus. Both have relevance with marriage and beginning of and addition to kutumba (family). In navamsha, although in the 8th house of D9, we see that venus, jupiter and ketu are placed in pisces which is own sign for jupiter and exaltation sign for venus making both natural and chara karakas related to marriage very beneficial and aspecting the 2nd house where rahu and sun are placed. The period after 18th of March would seem to be more likely for marriage, but if we were forecasting for this person, the entire march would have seemed likely for the good event. Interestingly enough, jupiter, ketu, venus and sun are all placed in the 7th house in the Progression chart (Varsha) for the 31st year (nominally June 2011 to June 2012) during which he got married. Mercury (natal L7) has an age of maturity of 32 years, which is pretty close at the time of event (another 3 months and he would have been 32 years old) but I would refrain from giving the impression that these 'ages' can be hit and miss and must not be relied upon too heavily.

Additional points that seem to show up in the chart are the aspect of jupiter on sun who is lord of 9th house and 12th pada and is placed with mars in the 6th which contains the 2nd pada. If we take each pointer by itself, the reliability becomes dilute and even unreliable. You must have noticed my misgivings about single factor reliance, but there are so many in this one that seem to be connected with marriage, married partner and the relevant padas.

During 2nd half of 2014 and until early Feb. 2014, the nativity may expect some sudden or unexpected gains from investment or bonus or lumpsum gains and also a significant expenditure in the sense of a purchase of vehicle, property, that kind of deal. Please provide feedback as time progresses. His 34th year can bring a child into their life.

All that said, in the next couple of years or so, a possibility of illness in family, possibly parents, is a possibility. I realize we are drifting away from KBN focus of this thread, but the nativity should avoid overt disagreements etc with coworkers and bosses and try to protect himself from inimical and back-handed activities from colleagues and competitors. By remaining watchful and cautious in his dealings and promises made to others.

Once again, my apologies for drifting; I certainly did not wish to make this into a 'reading'.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 pm

CRS

Hi,

Venus in the 7th. house leads to karak bhavanashya principle.

Here Venus is with a natural benefic mercury, which does not make it a case for adverse effects of kbn.

I had mentioned somewhere about the aspect of a benefic can change/subdue its effect.

The native, here, is very attached to the spouse, and cannot live without the spouse sort of thing.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

CRS

CRS ji,

Thank you very much for bringing up and sharing this chart. Venus, the natural significator for married partner is not only in the relevant bhava (7th), regardless of whether we use sign house, equal house, Sripati house or Krishnamurti (Bhavarambha), but also in the badhakasthana (7th) for dhanu (sagittarius) lagna. The ayanamsha I use gives me lagna at 14d 12m 27" of sagittarius and moon in libra at 15d 27m 12s. Some may feel that the fact that the negative impact may be nullified due to the presence of mercury being placed there, as the lord of the house.

OR, as I prefer, we can look at the chara karakas as described by Parashara as well as Jaimini Rishis. The dara-karaka in this chart is Jupiter who is placed in kendra from the 7th house and has dual aspect on the 7th pada (which is in 4th house), by its 7th griha drishti as well as both being dual or dwiswabhava or mutable signs. It therefore does not produce KBN, but rather being in 7th from 7th pada and kendra from 7th house (charakarakas in the 4th house from significators have a strong influence on it. The house in such case falls in the 10th from Karaka -- accomplishment).

Some of the interesting, additional factors in this chart are: Union of the padas of 1st and 7th houses are together in the 4th house (contentment or sukha which some may equate with happiness), lord of the 1st house (self) itself forms the darakaraka (chara). The presence of saturn with Jupiter (DK) as well as its 10th aspect on the 7th lord, natural karaka venus and the 7th house would indicate difficulties, failed attempts and delays in the marriage.

From January 3rd, 2012, the nativity experienced the period of SA-Ve-ju. All three are very relevant to the matter of marriage (as described above). During March 2012, the 4th level ruler would be ketu up until March 18 or so and then venus. Both have relevance with marriage and beginning of and addition to kutumba (family). In navamsha, although in the 8th house of D9, we see that venus, jupiter and ketu are placed in pisces which is own sign for jupiter and exaltation sign for venus making both natural and chara karakas related to marriage very beneficial and aspecting the 2nd house where rahu and sun are placed. The period after 18th of March would seem to be more likely for marriage, but if we were forecasting for this person, the entire march would have seemed likely for the good event. Interestingly enough, jupiter, ketu, venus and sun are all placed in the 7th house in the Progression chart (Varsha) for the 31st year (nominally June 2011 to June 2012) during which he got married. Mercury (natal L7) has an age of maturity of 32 years, which is pretty close at the time of event (another 3 months and he would have been 32 years old) but I would refrain from giving the impression that these 'ages' can be hit and miss and must not be relied upon too heavily.

Additional points that seem to show up in the chart are the aspect of jupiter on sun who is lord of 9th house and 12th pada and is placed with mars in the 6th which contains the 2nd pada. If we take each pointer by itself, the reliability becomes dilute and even unreliable. You must have noticed my misgivings about single factor reliance, but there are so many in this one that seem to be connected with marriage, married partner and the relevant padas.

During 2nd half of 2014 and until early Feb. 2014, the nativity may expect some sudden or unexpected gains from investment or bonus or lumpsum gains and also a significant expenditure in the sense of a purchase of vehicle, property, that kind of deal. Please provide feedback as time progresses. His 34th year can bring a child into their life.

All that said, in the next couple of years or so, a possibility of illness in family, possibly parents, is a possibility. I realize we are drifting away from KBN focus of this thread, but the nativity should avoid overt disagreements etc with coworkers and bosses and try to protect himself from inimical and back-handed activities from colleagues and competitors. By remaining watchful and cautious in his dealings and promises made to others.

Once again, my apologies for drifting; I certainly did not wish to make this into a 'reading'.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Thanks RR ji for the valuable insights. As a student of astrology and a slave of logic (despite its limitations :lol:) I have these doubts. Kindly let me know your thughts.

Sa-Ve- Ju (although there are a differences in couple of days, I assume this could be set right by a BTR) looks quite logical. But here Ve apart from KBN is also afflicted by ownership of 6th house of celibacy. Given these is it not strange that Sa-Ve-Ju achieved what Sa-Me-Ju or Sa-Me-Ve could not despite(Me being swagrihi in 7th? Effort was on right from that period. Or yet again why did it not wait till Sa-Ju-Me or Sa-Ju-Ve (not that I am unhappy with that poor chaps marriage:smt005 ). On the face of it I have difficulty in seeing KBN at work and Ve periods working against the karakatwas of Ve.

In fact going by tradition, Sa-Ve-Ju will answer quite well for effective Karakatwa, since Ju is 7th lord from Ve (in addition to dara karaka).

And finally, I would also think Sa's connection to the event is weak (ownership of 2nd). In fact it afflicts 7th by drishti and Ju by very close conjunction. This in fact I would think is the reason that the event did not materialize in Sa-Me period. Me being retro is also seen by some as delaying matters. But the turn around in Ve sub seems to clearly contradict KBN.

I would also like your views on the KBN due to Ma in 6th and their timing.

As for the reading, I really appreciate. I know it helps students to understand the art of prediction. I will certainly get back on the events. Incidentally the native (he) is already a parent (Oct 2013).!

CRS
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:45 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

CRS

CRS ji,

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Thanks RR ji for the valuable insights. As a student of astrology and a slave of logic (despite its limitations :lol:) I have these doubts. Kindly let me know your thughts.

Sa-Ve- Ju (although there are a differences in couple of days, I assume this could be set right by a BTR) looks quite logical. But here Ve apart from KBN is also afflicted by ownership of 6th house of celibacy. Given these is it not strange that Sa-Ve-Ju achieved what Sa-Me-Ju or Sa-Me-Ve could not despite(Me being swagrihi in 7th? Effort was on right from that period. Or yet again why did it not wait till Sa-Ju-Me or Sa-Ju-Ve (not that I am unhappy with that poor chaps marriage:smt005 ). On the face of it I have difficulty in seeing KBN at work and Ve periods working against the karakatwas of Ve.

In fact going by tradition, Sa-Ve-Ju will answer quite well for effective Karakatwa, since Ju is 7th lord from Ve (in addition to dara karaka).

And finally, I would also think Sa's connection to the event is weak (ownership of 2nd). In fact it afflicts 7th by drishti and Ju by very close conjunction. This in fact I would think is the reason that the event did not materialize in Sa-Me period. Me being retro is also seen by some as delaying matters. But the turn around in Ve sub seems to clearly contradict KBN.

I would also like your views on the KBN due to Ma in 6th and their timing.

As for the reading, I really appreciate. I know it helps students to understand the art of prediction. I will certainly get back on the events. Incidentally the native (he) is already a parent (Oct 2013).!

CRS
CRS ji,

This is why I had nearly stopped discussing astrological charts in 'Lahiri dominant Sameetis' ;-)  These analyses if we try to bring in and mix different justifications based on personally-preferred ayanamshas can create confused conversations, like in a crowded restaurant where everyone is speaking and different conversations and languages are being spoken simultaneously! At the same time, and the reason why I do not denounce other people's preferred ayanamshas etc (or other technical matters) is because I have myself lived through those transformations and found a reasonable degree of success in interpretations etc. with many if not all the variables played with: ayanamshas, dasa years and a variety of similar exploratory step and variables. This was at first quite unsettling but finally I had to attribute it to the somewhat mystical nature of astrology! It has little to do with intuition or siddhi etc, but the immense power of adaptation of human mind and perspective and the amazing degree of redundancy of signals in general! In a sense, it can be mind-boggling and almost seem like an illusion to the purely logical thinking. Fortunately, I was a biologist and not easily perturbed by 'variability' of reality as observed when observing life forms, such as human beings!

So, please, when I describe a chart, kindly never think of it as me knocking down other people's preferred ayanamshas or their technical preferences (EXCEPT for vehement dependence on ONE-FACTOR-ASTROLOGY ;-)) -- but rather as truthfully as I can, mimic my actual approach and treatment of signals as I do when I read a chart for fun or for profit. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, although I am personally and observationally aware that many if not most birth times as recorded (even in hospital records) can be off by a few minutes, I do not mess around with birthtimes too much unless something falls near a sandhi or sounds obviously suspicious or vague or inaccurate. Please treat that as a personal failing of mine, if you wish.

They might go for another child in a couple of years, as earlier stated. Also, please keep an eye for the other things stated, yet to unfold and if you can remember our exchange please do provide feedback. One more request, CRS ji, for my personal research etc, could you please find the exact date of his marriage, if possible? That would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:20 pm

Since it was said that the native got married in March 2012= I see dates between 13th March & 27 March 2012.

I wonder why there is an effort to link kbn with Vimshottari dasa? Do things happen this way?
The native got married in Venus antardasa anyway.

Kbn in the 7th may be a quality of the 7th house; while dasa is related to timings of marriage in this case.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:45 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Since it was said that the native got married in March 2012= I see dates between 13th March & 27 March 2012.

I wonder why there is an effort to link kbn with Vimshottari dasa? Do things happen this way?

Kbn in the 7th may be a quality of the 7th house; while dasa is related to timings of marriage in this case.

RishiRahul

Your 'ingit' was not clear, as in which message or whose message you are referring to, Rishi. KBN like any other astro-factor should show up in dasas of connected or associated planets to a given rule etc. Isn't that the basic premise of Jyotish? You are perhaps thinking of the concept of life-time yogas, such as kemadruma, mahapurush yogas, even KSY. Even those can show trends that seem to flow in tune with dasa periods even though it may not be guaranteed in 100% of charts at all times. KSY for instance can bring devastations during period of maraka planets.

Most people naturally due to our primary attunement with natural karakas would tend to think chara karakas as *secondary*, and I too did that before picking up Jaimini factors as they are called (chara karakas being one consideration) because of my personal bias or inability to absorb Jaimini perspective (years ago when I tried learning from books by Raman household and articles in A.M.). Later on when I began studying again BPHS (Sharma's edition was particularly revealing for me for which I remain grateful!) I could find myself focusing on the chapters that earlier had made less sense or even seemed alien. On looking at things again, KBN which was often hit and miss, just as CRS reported its association with chara karakas too, if not exclusively so, emerged and led me to write about it a few years ago in my non-forum sharings.

The ocean that raged and stormed at one time, seems to have become more settled and peaceful over time for me, Rishi. I am now contented to sit on the coral island and enjoy the mysteries of the ocean rather than furiously and with a knot in my stomach, chase the pursuit of counting the waves; I am no laharon kaa munshi, nor was it ever my mission to be one!

They say that the calendar for 2014 is identical to the year of independence of Mother India in current cycle of Her vast existence and Lila. It feels that something fresh is in the air, the air that the vast OCEAN brings to the shore...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Since it was said that the native got married in March 2012= I see dates between 13th March & 27 March 2012.

RishiRahul
Rishi ji/RR ji,

Date of marriage 11th March. Male child on 20/Oct/2013.

As RR ji mentioned in his post, I view KBN like yogas/doshas/shraps which essentially to me look like overall "potential" of the chart. Whether the potential actually materializes depends on how long the native lives and at what point in his/her life is the astrological reading done. This I attribute to the magic of dasa. Somehow I dont feel enthused by astro possibilities that can not be timed.

You are right in your observation that he is very attached to his wife.

I have a doubt about the benefic aspect of Me that you mentioned. Assuming Me to be benefic how did the event not happen in Sa-Me-Ve period? Effort was very much in place in that period too. In fact II had sought help from other memebers in reading section on possible date of marriage.
If we see the dasa entry chart of Sa-Me-Ve, Ju is in lagna aspecting 7th, and Me and Ve are in trine to the 7th in a very friendly sign. On the contrary the transits on day of marriage (sade sati included) are relatively less potent in giving 7th house results.

I would also be happy if you can indicate what could be the results of Ma being in the 6th in the chart from a KBN perspective.

CRS
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:42 pm

mysbcrs wrote:

RishiRahul
Rishi ji/RR ji,

As RR ji mentioned in his post, I view KBN like yogas/doshas/shraps which essentially to me look like overall "potential" of the chart. Whether the potential actually materializes depends on how long the native lives and at what point in his/her life is the astrological reading done. This I attribute to the magic of dasa. Somehow I dont feel enthused by astro possibilities that can not be timed.

I have a doubt about the benefic aspect of Me that you mentioned. Assuming Me to be benefic how did the event not happen in Sa-Me-Ve period? Effort was very much in place in that period too. In fact II had sought help from other memebers in reading section on possible date of marriage.
If we see the dasa entry chart of Sa-Me-Ve, Ju is in lagna aspecting 7th, and Me and Ve are in trine to the 7th in a very friendly sign. On the contrary the transits on day of marriage (sade sati included) are relatively less potent in giving 7th house results.

I would also be happy if you can indicate what could be the results of Ma being in the 6th in the chart from a KBN perspective.

CRS
A LOT of information has already been PUMPED at and into you, CRS ji, even pertaining to this KBN thing and including mars; you may have missed portions of the sharings (pumpings) by both RRs! So, while we the two steadfast contributors and spokes-persons in the Jyotish bicycle charchaa ;-) would (at least I would; can't speak for the other RR ji!) like to sit back and listen to why this preoccupation with mars the 6B (or B6 or K6!) in your mind about this chart which is not your personal one? :-)

You seem to have a rather solid background of knowledge and generally seem very certain of astrological delineations and techniques and rules etc, so maybe we all should shut-up and give YOU a chance to speak freely about your deep ponderings about this chart, so that we could learn things for a change (again speaking for one RR. moi, and not both RRs) instead of pumping into you more and more...! <LOL>

Maybe, it is time to activate "Chela Tales" once more! Inner urge, URGES!

Love, Light, Levity,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:11 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RishiRahul
Rishi ji/RR ji,

CRS
A LOT of information has already been PUMPED at and into you, CRS ji, even pertaining to this KBN thing and including mars; you may have missed portions of the sharings (pumpings) by both RRs! So, while we the two steadfast contributors and spokes-persons in the Jyotish bicycle charchaa ;-) would (at least I would; can't speak for the other RR ji!) like to sit back and listen to why this preoccupation with mars the 6B (or B6 or K6!) in your mind about this chart which is not your personal one? :-)
CRS - I was not sure how to understand karakatwa of Ma for 6th. It is supposed to indicate enemies. From a KBN perspective I was not sure whether this would mean he will have no enemies or that he has no valour to fight his enemies. I certainly get confused when it comes to malefics in Trika.:lol:

You seem to have a rather solid background of knowledge and generally seem very certain of astrological delineations and techniques and rules etc, so maybe we all should shut-up and give YOU a chance to speak freely about your deep ponderings about this chart, so that we could learn things for a change (again speaking for one RR. moi, and not both RRs) instead of pumping into you more and more...! <LOL>
CRS - I am unsure about the "sound knowledge" but am sure about the resounding confusion, at the least ,with this chart. When I "predcited" that the marriage would happen in Sa-Me-Ve period it looked so obvious (Two benefics in natal chart in 7th oe of them owning it, Sa the MD lord in close conjunction with lagnesh and in the house of 7th lord Me). It did not and I thought it must be due to KBN. But lo and behold, Sa-Ve delivered the result!

Love, Light, Levity,

Rohiniranjan
RR ji - My responses embedded above.

CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:56 am

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

RishiRahul
Rishi ji/RR ji,

CRS
CRS - I was not sure how to understand karakatwa of Ma for 6th. It is supposed to indicate enemies. From a KBN perspective I was not sure whether this would mean he will have no enemies or that he has no valour to fight his enemies. I certainly get confused when it comes to malefics in Trika.:lol:

CRS - I am unsure about the "sound knowledge" but am sure about the resounding confusion, at the least ,with this chart. When I "predcited" that the marriage would happen in Sa-Me-Ve period it looked so obvious (Two benefics in natal chart in 7th oe of them owning it, Sa the MD lord in close conjunction with lagnesh and in the house of 7th lord Me). It did not and I thought it must be due to KBN. But lo and behold, Sa-Ve delivered the result!

Love, Light, Levity,

Rohiniranjan
RR ji - My responses embedded above.

CRS
Yes! The messages are always clear!

If we remain watchful! ;-)

Love, Light!

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:58 am

RR ji,

one small clarification on an extract from your post given below:
Interestingly enough, jupiter, ketu, venus and sun are all placed in the 7th house in the Progression chart (Varsha) for the 31st year (nominally June 2011 to June 2012) during which he got married.
I looked up the tithi pravesh as well as Tajika chart for 2011 in JHora using both Lahiri and Raman ayanamshas. I could not get the condition that you have described. Can you please elaborate on how to see this using JHora?

Also, I get Su as Dara Karaka not Ju. Tried out all chara karaka options in Jhora.

Thanks
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:28 pm

mysbcrs wrote:RR ji,

one small clarification on an extract from your post given below:
Interestingly enough, jupiter, ketu, venus and sun are all placed in the 7th house in the Progression chart (Varsha) for the 31st year (nominally June 2011 to June 2012) during which he got married.
I looked up the tithi pravesh as well as Tajika chart for 2011 in JHora using both Lahiri and Raman ayanamshas. I could not get the condition that you have described. Can you please elaborate on how to see this using JHora?

Also, I get Su as Dara Karaka not Ju. Tried out all chara karaka options in Jhora.

Thanks
CRS
Go with whatever you are comfortable with.

Good luck!

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:18 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Your 'ingit' was not clear, as in which message or whose message you are referring to, Rishi. KBN like any other astro-factor should show up in dasas of connected or associated planets to a given rule etc. Isn't that the basic premise of Jyotish? You are perhaps thinking of the concept of life-time yogas, such as kemadruma, mahapurush yogas, even KSY. Even those can show trends that seem to flow in tune with dasa periods even though it may not be guaranteed in 100% of charts at all times. KSY for instance can bring devastations during period of maraka planets.

Most people naturally due to our primary attunement with natural karakas would tend to think chara karakas as *secondary*, and I too did that before picking up Jaimini factors as they are called (chara karakas being one consideration) because of my personal bias or inability to absorb Jaimini perspective (years ago when I tried learning from books by Raman household and articles in A.M.). Later on when I began studying again BPHS (Sharma's edition was particularly revealing for me for which I remain grateful!) I could find myself focusing on the chapters that earlier had made less sense or even seemed alien. On looking at things again, KBN which was often hit and miss, just as CRS reported its association with chara karakas too, if not exclusively so, emerged and led me to write about it a few years ago in my non-forum sharings.

The ocean that raged and stormed at one time, seems to have become more settled and peaceful over time for me, Rishi. I am now contented to sit on the coral island and enjoy the mysteries of the ocean rather than furiously and with a knot in my stomach, chase the pursuit of counting the waves; I am no laharon kaa munshi, nor was it ever my mission to be one!

They say that the calendar for 2014 is identical to the year of independence of Mother India in current cycle of Her vast existence and Lila. It feels that something fresh is in the air, the air that the vast OCEAN brings to the shore...!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

Since I do not give Vimshottari dasa as importance as most others do, I mentioned this.

But of course I do not deny that Vimshottari should have no pointers.

Firstly, the main criteria for KBN &nbsp;has taken place= Natural darakarak in the 7th. house.....which has got much diluted by the natural benefic Mercury.

Also linking KBN with dasa is not the same as linking marriage with dasa.
We (I do not mean you) should not get mixed up here as KBN is not marriage but a flavour of marriage.

Let me explain the flavour of KBN; ie: Venus &nbsp;in the 7th= The native is very much attracted to marriage/such partnerships; clings to the spouse; but with time something goes amiss, which is conjugal life/felicity.

Now the sign Venus is in; the aspects to it, mainly conjunctions can bend/alter the flavour.
If it didn't, it would become a 'one factor astrology'.
We must never ignore that Venus is a natural benefic; not natural malefic, nor kroora.

In the bhava I follow, Rahu joins Venus in the 7th.
2023 onwards Mercury mahadasa in Vimshottari starts, & the focus of the native in marriage may become lesser than now.

I know I would be 'pelted' for this..........

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 am

mysbcrs wrote:

RishiRahul
Rishi ji/RR ji,

CRS
The benefic aspect of mercury is in terms of KBN; ie a natural benefic aspecting natural darakarak....is what I meant/mentioned.

A planet can be benefic for something & malefic for something else.

Since the marriage, according to you happened in Sa-me-ve, would it mean that the other planets are not important/good for marriage?

Now we are mixing up other things with KBN.

I can give valid reasons why marriage should take place in Saturn Venus- ketu; and the marriage settled better after the hustle/bustle of marriage occuring after around 21March 2012.

From Kbn perspective I dont understand how one would link mars in the 6th.
But yes, I can link mercury in 7th may not be a good thing entirely, as 7th. mercury is not a happy position mostly.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”