KSY Shani SS and BVB (KNRao) position!...... and arising from it

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

KSY Shani SS and BVB (KNRao) position!...... and arising from it

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:19 pm

I recall seeing (UTube?) and/or reading that at BVB, New Delhi, Mr. K.N. Rao (and students) examined hundreds or more charts with KSY and separately the effects of shani (Saturn) sade sati and found that only about 30% of cases showed negative effects during sade sati. This was from a few years ago and must have gotten published somewhere by now. Does anyone know if this has been accomplished yet?

Similarly, for KSY and their (BVB/KNR's) findings, data etc...?

Thanks in advance!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: KSY Shani SS and BVB (KNRao) position!

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:48 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:I recall seeing (UTube?) and/or reading that at BVB, New Delhi, Mr. K.N. Rao (and students) examined hundreds or more charts with KSY and separately the effects of shani (Saturn) sade sati and found that only about 30% of cases showed negative effects during sade sati. This was from a few years ago and must have gotten published somewhere by now. Does anyone know if this has been accomplished yet?

Thanks in advance!

Rohiniranjan
I wonder if this data studies were of personally known charts? As seeing not personally known charts can make a difference in true understanding of situations

One may add charts of people we do not know well enough.
In this world we have a tendency of seeing the material symbol rather than actual Reality.

What is bvb?

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:23 pm

I tried sending an email through their site (contact us) but it is a rigid format and were asking for an entry which I did not have info for. Probably it is meant only for their students with that reference number (like student contact #). Oh well...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:10 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:I recall seeing (UTube?) and/or reading that at BVB, New Delhi, Mr. K.N. Rao (and students) examined hundreds or more charts with KSY and separately the effects of shani (Saturn) sade sati and found that only about 30% of cases showed negative effects during sade sati. This was from a few years ago and must have gotten published somewhere by now. Does anyone know if this has been accomplished yet?

Thanks in advance!

Rohiniranjan
I wonder if this data studies were of personally known charts? As seeing not personally known charts can make a difference in true understanding of situations

In this world we have a tendency of seeing the material symbol rather than actual Reality.

What is bvb?

Rishi
Sade sati is a period of Learning/development through harsh circumstances, sort of thing in short.
It is not an easy experience, though material results can be good or bad. A person matures sharply at this time.

KSY has many succesful & unsuccesful people both & therefore is not a measure of success.

Regarding negative effects, I feel that whatever negative effects are felt  are felt by the native, which may or may not be known by the person using the data.

A native may have a successful 4 year span/successful life, but the pains, lopsidedness may not be known to others.

Ksy means all planets at one side of the nodes,; while the other side has no planets (but not arudhas).
The difficult scenario happens when in ksy the nodes are conjunct other planets.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:31 pm

my notes in red below
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Rohiniranjan

What is bvb?

Rishi
Sade sati is a period of Learning/development through harsh circumstances, sort of thing in short.
It is not an easy experience, though material results can be good or bad. A person matures sharply at this time.

KSY has many succesful & unsuccesful people both & therefore is not a measure of success.

Regarding negative effects, I feel that whatever negative effects are felt  are felt by the native, which may or may not be known by the person using the data.

A native may have a successful 4 year span/successful life, but the pains, lopsidedness may not be known to others.

Ksy means all planets at one side of the nodes,; while the other side has no planets (but not arudhas).
The difficult scenario happens when in ksy the nodes are conjunct other planets.

Although this seems to be contrary to what is generally accepted, namely that if in the KSY pattern if the node/nodes are in the same sign-house as any other planet, KSY effect is diminished or cancelled. In practice, though in a very small number of cases the nativity is struck with a sudden mishap/disaster. I will not elaborate since I don't want to turn this into a KSY discussion thread rather than it remaining focused on what was requested in the starting query :-)  One interesting thing though is that the KSY effects are generally not related to either rahu or ketu's dasa, but often in the period of marakas or other malefics. Never saw it with benefics. Thanks!

RishiRahul
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:my notes in red below
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Rohiniranjan

What is bvb?

Rishi

Although this seems to be contrary to what is generally accepted, namely that if in the KSY pattern if the node/nodes are in the same sign-house as any other planet, KSY effect is diminished or cancelled. In practice, though in a very small number of cases the nativity is struck with a sudden mishap/disaster. I will not elaborate since I don't want to turn this into a KSY discussion thread rather than it remaining focused on what was requested in the starting query :-)  One interesting thing though is that the KSY effects are generally not related to either rahu or ketu's dasa, but often in the period of marakas or other malefics. Never saw it with benefics. Thanks!

RishiRahul
Dada,

Isn't this thread about ksy and sade sati?

I see ksy as a chart that is lopsided in pursuing aims; personality sometimes.

Effects of ksy are not limited to rahu ketu, but other afflicted planets & the planets conjunct the nodes.
I have seen natural benefic conjunct ket in ksy cause long term problems in life; but should we blame it on ksy?
Am not sure.....

Anyways, I guess I am diverting

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:57 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Rohiniranjan

What is bvb?

Rishi

RishiRahul
Dada,

Effects of ksy are not limited to rahu ketu, but other afflicted planets & the planets conjunct the nodes.
I have seen natural benefic conjunct ket in ksy cause long term problems in life; but should we blame it on ksy?
Am not sure.....

Rishi
No Rishi, this thread was a simple question in trying to track down the citation etc for KNR and/or BVB's writings where they reported their observations. All I had to go by was a statement where the research findings were mentioned. KNR has a personal database of nativities (presumably mostly of nativities he has given readings. In that database with thousands and thousands of charts, he also entered details and ten or more events, many predicted by him; he is a marvellously thorough individual for sure! Over years, BVB students collected more similar examples and added to the database increasing the value and robustness of same!

Looks like we do not have anyone associated with BVB here, or perhaps not visiting the forum.

For a separate KSY discussion thread, you can use your magical powers (as moderator :-)) and move the tail-end (ketu? or Shikhi?? one of the upagrahas described in BPHS) of this thread to that new thread!

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Rohiniranjan

What is bvb?

Rishi

RishiRahul
Dada,

Am not sure.....

Rishi
No Rishi, this thread was a simple question in trying to track down the citation etc for KNR and/or BVB's writings where they reported their observations. All I had to go by was a statement where the research findings were mentioned. KNR has a personal database of nativities (presumably mostly of nativities he has given readings. In that database with thousands and thousands of charts, he also entered details and ten or more events, many predicted by him; he is a marvellously thorough individual for sure! Over years, BVB students collected more similar examples and added to the database increasing the value and robustness of same!

Looks like we do not have anyone associated with BVB here, or perhaps not visiting the forum.

For a separate KSY discussion thread, you can use your magical powers (as moderator :-)) and move the tail-end (ketu? or Shikhi?? one of the upagrahas described in BPHS) of this thread to that new thread!

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan

Oh! bvb stands for bharatiya vidya bhavan.

I understand knr's research etc and respect it much; so also B.V. Raman.
But do we follow their ayanamsa or charakarakas?

I do not mean any disrespect to their studies/research etc as they are much above ordinary in their studies.

If one has a database of hundreds of charts the data is presumably correct considering their stature in the subject.

Datastudies has, as said before, the limitations of human factor (considering hundreds or thousands of charts for a single matter like ksy etc).

Now we are back to topic :) .

Thanks,

Rishi
P.S: What is your view of this data result of ksy/sade sati?
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:49 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Rohiniranjan

What is bvb?

Rishi

RishiRahul
Dada,

Am not sure.....

Rishi

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan

Oh! bvb stands for bharatiya vidya bhavan.

I understand knr's research etc and respect it much; so also B.V. Raman.
But do we follow their ayanamsa or charakarakas?

I do not mean any disrespect to their studies/research etc as they are much above ordinary in their studies.

If one has a database of hundreds of charts the data is presumably correct considering their stature in the subject.

Datastudies has, as said before, the limitations of human factor (considering hundreds or thousands of charts for a single matter like ksy etc).

Now we are back to topic :) .

Thanks,

Rishi
P.S: What is your view of this data result of ksy/sade sati?
Rishi,

Neither of us have yet *seen* the details of their research and data, so there is no point in assuming and second guessing what he/they did, is there? :smt004

Which is why I asked this question, in the first place! ;-)

Yes BVB seems to be an institution with many faculties/departments including Astrology. I am not certain about more details than is on their website.

Once we actually get to see the detailed report and data etc., we could make meaningful comments. Until then, zero argali on this quest  :smt018
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:18 am

Rohiniranjan Ji's main concern is with the "research" undertaken by BVP students on KSY and Sade Sati, and the answer lies in his own statement : "..separately the effects of shani...".

When some characteristics or phenomena is studied "SEPARATELY", you get marvellous results like foot of an elephant becoming a pillar or tail becoming a rope. Great experts of Aryan Invasion Theory study Vedas in the same manner. They compute the frequency of a word in running text to conclude the type of culture. For instance, if a book written by respected KNR Ji contains the word "hooligan" 200 times and the word "saint" only 10 times, should we conclude that either KNR Ji is a hooligan or his institution is full of hooligans (no insult intended) ?

Such experts should not be taken seriously. Astrology is a difficult science ruined by those who want to simplify it by taking each rule SEPARATELY. I am going to provide one example today in a new thread (on the birth chart of the wonder boy Kautilya now-a-days making news in Indian electronic and print media).

My experience with KSY and Sade Sati is that they work, but only when they are not cancelled by other powerful combinations. And when KSY works, it ruins the prospects of even most excellent rajayogas.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:47 am

Vinay Jha wrote:Rohiniranjan Ji's main concern is with the "research" undertaken by BVP students on KSY and Sade Sati, and the answer lies in his own statement : "..separately the effects of shani...".

When some characteristics or phenomena is studied "SEPARATELY", you get marvellous results like foot of an elephant becoming a pillar or tail becoming a rope. Great experts of Aryan Invasion Theory study Vedas in the same manner. They compute the frequency of a word in running text to conclude the type of culture. For instance, if a book written by respected KNR Ji contains the word "hooligan" 200 times and the word "saint" only 10 times, should we conclude that either KNR Ji is a hooligan or his institution is full of hooligans (no insult intended) ?

Such experts should not be taken seriously. Astrology is a difficult science ruined by those who want to simplify it by taking each rule SEPARATELY. I am going to provide one example today in a new thread (on the birth chart of the wonder boy Kautilya now-a-days making news in Indian electronic and print media).

My experience with KSY and Sade Sati is that they work, but only when they are not cancelled by other powerful combinations. And when KSY works, it ruins the prospects of even most excellent rajayogas.

VJ
Vinay ji,

Despite his rather *strong* views and words, I personally have a lot of respect and admiration for Shri K.N. Rao ji. Whether one likes his style or not, for modern ( contemporary is probably a more appropriate word!) jyotish scene he has been like a shot of adrenaline in the flailing arm! Not knowing him personally or ever having the privilege of meeting him in person, other than through his brief internet presence in Jyotish list, far be it for me to second guess why he mentioned saint ten times but hooligans 200 times could be because that might have been the ratio of saints and hooligans in our times! Of course it could be a sampling issue! But in the worldly realm at least that seems to be the case, is it not, even if the numbers might not be exact, meaning the ratio might not be a 1:20 but even larger!

I believe what I meant by 'separately', was that there were two separate studies conducted by BVB folks. One on KSY, the other on shani sade sati, and presumably utilizing two different and not identical data sets (nativities)!

Thanks for pointing out an earlier note of mine which needed elaboration :-)

Regards, as always,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Namaste Dada,

> "....at BVB, New Delhi, Mr. K.N. Rao (and students) examined hundreds or more charts with KSY and separately the effects of shani (Saturn) sade sati and found that only about 30% of cases showed negative effects during sade sati."

My comments were restricted to this statement only and not to the entire works of BVB or KN Rao Ji. I posted my objections to this ELEPHANTINE - METHOD of "research" which takes one part of elephant out of context for analysis. This method of research can destroy almost all rules of astrology. The rules of astrology work in the proper contexts and in combination with all other rules and characteristics working in a horoscope.

The website of BVB says : "We do not endorse views on remedial measures like Grah Shanti, Gems prescription, Kaal Sarpa Dosha / Shanti etc. being in circulation now a days through various medium of communications, except those given in Brihat Parashar Hora shastra."

BPHS says that six feet (108 angulas) tall statues of grahas should be made for Graha shaanti. Jupiter's stature should be of gold. Gold is 20 times heavier than water and spefific gravity of human body is almost equal to that of water. Hence, gold statue will be 20 times heavier than 6 feet tall man's weight. Thus, nearly 1500 kilograms of gold will be needed, worth nearly 425 crore rupees or 68 million dollars ! Isn't it nonsense ? Pt Sitaram Jha, whose tampered Sanskrit version of BPHS is the only version online, stated in the preface to his edition of BPHS that he added many chapters from other sources, but he did not explain which chapters were added by him. Has BVB surveyed the manuscript section of Saraswato Bhawan where all those manuscripts are still present ? No. The graha shaanti methods prescribed in BPHS are partly original, partly spurious, and to endorse it in totality means one has reached at conclusions without studying the texts properly.

BVB website also states that its astrology faculty maintains "global standards", but they distribute "jyotisha acharya" degrees to anyone without a shaastri degree if the student is willing to give about Rs 15000. These students will not get admission into any Sanskrit college or university because they do not possess requisite qualifications. Acharya is equivalent to post graduate (PG or MA), and one must be BA (shaastri) before being admitted into acharya. But BVB does not teach shaastri course, it makes the students directly "acharya", and in one year only. Sanskrit institutions teach for two years in acharya, after three years in shastri. Hence, the "acharya" degree given by BVB is  FAKE  and below Indian standards, leave aside "global" standards !! BVB should have used some other label for their "acharya" degree, then I would have respected their ethics which they talk about (the website talks about making their astrology students "ethically strong"). These BVB  "acharyas" will not be admitted into any astrology course of any Sanskrit university or college , leave aside being appointed as teachers anywhere. No recognized institution values BVB's astrology degrees.

There are many private institutions which donate "jyotisha acharya" and similar certificates to participants, either by taking some fees or some other benefit in return, without teaching anything at all. Hence, BVB is superior to these fake institutions because BVB actually teaches something. But the name of its "jyotisha acharya" course should not be acharya because technically "jyotisha acharya" is a degee equivalent to MA recognized by institutions recognized by UGC and HRD ministries in India.

I have no personal issues against anyone at BVB, I am stating only the hard FACTS.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:36 pm

My take: Sade sati, dasa of the atmakrakra, narayan dasa of atmakarak, ksy etc have their special flavours quite unique like itself.

A problem= sade sati can be good or bad or both; during data studies we use data of personally known + not so personally known + very less persnally known people.

Data studies occur after sade sati is over by a few/few many years.
As Arudhas rule perceptions, there is a tendency of equating the sade sati faced in material related terms of success & failure.  There mistake in understanding occurs, as success or failure is a material related aspects; hardships during the process is different.

This is the MAIN  drawback of data studies; like everything has its drawbacks.

Ideally data studies should be done with the HUMAN  factor, as I have always maintained.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:45 pm

RishiRahul wrote:My take: Sade sati, dasa of the atmakrakra, narayan dasa of atmakarak, ksy etc have their special flavours quite unique like itself.

A problem= sade sati can be good or bad or both; during data studies we use data of personally known + not so personally known + very less persnally known people.

As Arudhas rule perceptions, there is a tendency of equating the sade sati faced in material related terms of success & failure.  There mistake in understanding occurs, as success or failure is a material related aspects; hardships during the process is different.

Ideally data studies should be done with the HUMAN  factor, as I have always maintained.

Rishi
Sorry if I am sounding like the proverbial sticky wicket, but could you elaborate a bit on this "HUMAN" factor, Rishi. Just so that my arudha-perceptions do not make me see meanings very different from what you meant? Before we think a bit more about what you refer to as 'data studies'!

Also a bit more about why you think that arudhas are about perceptions! I realize that many believe that to be the case but there have been some confusing statements made earlier about that and also chhaya, image, mirrors etc that have been mentioned (by many) w.r.t. arudhas/padas etc.

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:My take: Sade sati, dasa of the atmakrakra, narayan dasa of atmakarak, ksy etc have their special flavours quite unique like itself.

Rishi
Sorry if I am sounding like the proverbial sticky wicket, but could you elaborate a bit on this "HUMAN" factor, Rishi. Just so that my arudha-perceptions do not make me see meanings very different from what you meant? Before we think a bit more about what you refer to as 'data studies'!

Also a bit more about why you think that arudhas are about perceptions! I realize that many believe that to be the case but there have been some confusing statements made earlier about that and also chhaya, image, mirrors etc that have been mentioned (by many) w.r.t. arudhas/padas etc.

Thanks,

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

Lets play the reverse.

Do you think Arudha is about perceptions?

Chhaya/image/mirrors are similar things  if not taken literally.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”