The Dimentions of "Time"

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

The Dimentions of "Time"

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:30 am

Dear Everyone!

Since young I have always, consistently & persistently been interested/intrigued/fascinated by 'Time', and related.

So much so that movies like Time Machine by H.G.Wells (3 versions), & 'Back to the Future" intrigues me.

First dimension of time= length.

Second dimension= breadth.

Third dimension=depth.

Fourth dimension= Time itself; going backwards or forwards in time; through a machine or astrology/palmistry/numerology/other divinations.

I wonder if a fifth dimension of Time exists; Call me Crazy.....!

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: The Dimentions of "Time"

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:26 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Everyone!

Since young I have always, consistently & persistently been interested/intrigued/fascinated by 'Time', and related.

So much so that movies like Time Machine by H.G.Wells (3 versions), & 'Back to the Future" intrigues me.

Third dimension=depth.

Fourth dimension= Time itself; going backwards or forwards in time; through a machine or astrology/palmistry/numerology/other divinations.

RishiRahul

These are indeed crazy times <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: The Dimentions of "Time"

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:13 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Dear Everyone!

Third dimension=depth.

RishiRahul

These are indeed crazy times <LOL>
Which dimension?

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm

By "First dimension of time= length." were you meaning the arc- units of length...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:By "First dimension of time= length." were you meaning the arc- units of length...?
The length in whatever units.

The 5th. dimension is probably going back or forwards in time to past/future life or genetics.

Sorry if I am talking like our friend who loved D60 & 120; but just something I wanted to share....an utopian idea..not very Practical

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:07 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:By "First dimension of time= length." were you meaning the arc- units of length...?

The 5th. dimension is probably going back or forwards in time to past/future life or genetics.

Sorry if I am talking like our friend who loved D60 & 120; but just something I wanted to share....an utopian idea..not very Practical

Rishi
Sorry Rishi, I did not get who it was who loved D60 and 120... :smt017

As to thinking, visualization, conceptualization, one has to begin thinking out of the box in order to embrace a paradigm-shift! Utopia is the mother of Practicality or Practical applications! So not to be shunned, ever!

As to dimensions, it is all part of conceptualization and categorization two faculties we humans have. We inherently like to categorize the CONTINUUM of *Universe* into neat parcels which helps us describe the WHOLE! However, in truth, probably the whole is working as ONE indivisible entity. For example, Jupiter is different from Sun, but if either of those become disintegrated in a given instant, the entire solar system collapses!

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:21 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi

As to thinking, visualization, conceptualization, one has to begin thinking out of the box in order to embrace a paradigm-shift! Utopia is the mother of Practicality or Practical applications! So not to be shunned, ever!

As to dimensions, it is all part of conceptualization and categorization two faculties we humans have. We inherently like to categorize the CONTINUUM of *Universe* into neat parcels which helps us describe the WHOLE! However, in truth, probably the whole is working as ONE indivisible entity. For example, Jupiter is different from Sun, but if either of those become disintegrated in a given instant, the entire solar system collapses!

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan

Oh. The russian poster who was once with us talking of the higher divisions. I forget the name.

Yes. Actually the neat parcels are a part of the 'whole' time.

The 4th dimension (this life) is a big neat parcel; while the 5th dimension is a bigger neat parcel or maybe the 'Whole'.

The 4th & 5th is where astrology/divination helps.... since the time machine is hypothetical, at least till now.

Similar to us looking for Kali yuga avatar evertywhere, but we do not see the computers Rishi :smt003

Rishi
P.S: This could be a good reading on time concepts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Does this posting belong here?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:55 pm

No offence intended to either of you two learned gentlemen, but I for one would prefer that this intensely interesting topic be discussed in a more general discussion forum than this one.

Please excuse my ignorance if I have overlooked the obvious to everyone else link between the concept of time, and how it specifically applies to practical Vedic Astrology.

Or perhaps one or both of you could instead explain to us how the concept of time is particularly applied to Vedic Astrology, which I know as much about at present as how many angels you can fit on the head of a pin.

Time has always been the 4th dimension. After length, width and height. Movement within a dimension is not a separate dimension in itself.

Thanks loads,

EoT  :smt017  :smt017
Last edited by eye_of_tiger on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:55 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan

Oh. The russian poster who was once with us talking of the higher divisions. I forget the name.

The 4th dimension (this life) is a big neat parcel; while the 5th dimension is a bigger neat parcel or maybe the 'Whole'.

The 4th & 5th is where astrology/divination helps.... since the time machine is hypothetical, at least till now.

Similar to us looking for Kali yuga avatar evertywhere, but we do not see the computers Rishi :smt003

Rishi
Dear Rishi,

*Dimension* by itself is a term which is like a blank canvas waiting to be defined as a categorization tool! It is not absolute, has no fixed meaning and is just decided upon by a group of people using some sort of consensus in order to inject meaning and then to that group it becomes a meaningful symbolism!

Encouraged by your imaginative utilization of the term 'dimensions' (life being 4th and 5th and so on...!), I began categorizing an orange by its dimensions:
Shape: Round with a protruding node at one of its poles at times (a sub-dimension)
Color: Orange
Smell: Mmmm...!
Taste: Sweet-sour-bitter
Texture/Consistency: Soft-juicy
Persistence: Biodegradable (consumed by biota, including human beings)
Utility: Multiple (food, medicinal, religious offering, projectile, fill-in-the-blanks!)
Occult dimensions: Must be many! ;-)

Many more dimensions, I am sure!
If an ordinary orange can have so many dimensions, surely LIFE is way more complex than being fitted into one or two, and as is true for LIFE, so must be for astrology which studies some of the many dimensions of this term called LIFE and agreed upon by all, through consensus! Just as Light and Dark, Speech and silence, black and white, and other dualities and multiplicities!

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:02 pm

In the Seth series of books by the late psychic channel Jane Roberts, he talks about there being at least ten dimensions in our multidimensional reality.

EoT &nbsp;:smt003

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:06 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:In the Seth series of books by the late psychic channel Jane Roberts, he talks about there being at least ten dimensions in our multidimensional reality.

EoT  :smt003
Greetings, my dear friend!!

And, yes! Those channelings were/are fantastic! The meticulous way in which each recording also included the dates and times of each session were a veritable astrologer's delight :-) and the material channeled was of such ethereal and exquisite quality and value!

Thanks!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Does this posting belong here?

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:24 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:No offence intended to either of you two learned gentlemen, but I for one would prefer that this intensely interesting topic be discussed in a more general discussion forum than this one.

Please excuse my ignorance if I have overlooked the obvious to everyone else link between the concept of time, and how it specifically applies to practical Vedic Astrology.

Or perhaps one or both of you could instead explain to us how the concept of time is particularly applied to Vedic Astrology, which I know as much about at present as how many angels you can fit on the head of a pin.

Time has always been the 4th dimension. After length, width and height. Movement within a dimension is not a separate dimension in itself.

Thanks loads,

EoT  :smt017  :smt017

Dear EoT,

A very good question, for clarity.

I am a vedic astrologer, palmist & numerologist. Since young I was &nbsp;interested in the questions and answers to life as most/many seekers of such divination are.
You will note that my signature @ mb states..'accurate time predictions'.

1) Questions like when will I get married? when will I have a baby? when will I have a love affair? will she/he ditch me? when will I get a job? will I lose it or get promoted? when will I buy a refrigerator? etc etc etc.
All these are actually answers to questions of life that most desrie to know.

The above set of questions (1) are related, rather very related to TIME (as there are other sets too).

Since young I had an immature urge to KNOW &nbsp;the answers to such questions, and time travel movies/concept interested me. (movies can make concepts interesting)
But time travel in movies are fictional, but interesting for the minds of the very imaginative.

Later on it occurred to me that though time travel in movies are Fictional, a PRACTICAL application of the 4th. dimension of Time travel is divinations like Palmistry, astrology, numerology.

PALMISTRY
=The major lines like life, fate , head heart, health etc are divided in divisions of time in a person's lifetime, & palmists have to travel along these lines to understand them........All related to TIME & PROGRESSIONS OF TIME
ASTROLOGY= there are divisions of time in a person's lifetime like vimshottari dasa, astottari dasa, buddhi gati dasa, chara dasa, narayan dasa, Sudasa etc etc..... more than 45 kinds of dasas.......!....All related to TIME & PROGRESSIONS OF TIME
NUMEROLOGY= physical transits, mental transits, spiritual transits, the progressions of essence numbers, pinnacle cycles, life cycles.....All related to TIME & PROGRESSIONS OF TIME......again

Through practice, when I was able to anser many of these questions, if not all, I realised that I, rather We, were dealing with the 4th dimension of Time in a non fictional way.

Then there are also questions like
2) what was I in my past life? What Karma should I do in this life to have a better past life? Is what I am doing at this moment in this life right in terms of what I am going to face in my next life etc etc.
Past life and Karma phal is a major essence of the Vedas (Vedic astrology);besides many religions too.

So I was wondering if THAT could be the 5th. dimension of time travel, as it is beyond the scope of the 4th. dimension.

Of course, there could be other dimensions, higher, which does not interest me as yet...... Just Practical applications of Imaginative ideas do.

Now some may say if the 4th. dimensional questions can be answered? If one goes through predictions in the mentioned 3 forums.

Now let us leave reality for once & go to the unrealistic fiction part of movies=
When a time machine moves beyond the velocity of light= time travel occurs in the 4th dimension= this life.

Lets wonder what velocity may be required for the machine to move to the 5th. dimension?= next life, previous life or our genetics. &nbsp;:smt005

I understand there is a thin line between sanity & madness....smile.

Thus the link of TIME & ASTROLOGY.

By the way, just after posting the thread on the dimension of time, I had also posted a copy at the general discussion forum.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:45 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
Dear Rishi,

*Dimension* by itself is a term which is like a blank canvas waiting to be defined as a categorization tool! It is not absolute, has no fixed meaning and is just decided upon by a group of people using some sort of consensus in order to inject meaning and then to that group it becomes a meaningful symbolism!

Encouraged by your imaginative utilization of the term 'dimensions' (life being 4th and 5th and so on...!), I began categorizing an orange by its dimensions:
Shape: Round with a protruding node at one of its poles at times (a sub-dimension)
Color: Orange
Smell: Mmmm...!
Taste: Sweet-sour-bitter
Texture/Consistency: Soft-juicy
Persistence: Biodegradable (consumed by biota, including human beings)
Utility: Multiple (food, medicinal, religious offering, projectile, fill-in-the-blanks!)
Occult dimensions: Must be many! ;-)

Many more dimensions, I am sure!
If an ordinary orange can have so many dimensions, surely LIFE is way more complex than being fitted into one or two, and as is true for LIFE, so must be for astrology which studies some of the many dimensions of this term called LIFE and agreed upon by all, through consensus! Just as Light and Dark, Speech and silence, black and white, and other dualities and multiplicities!

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan
Dada,
:)  :smt003  :smt020
Phew! more sub dimensions!..... and dimensions!!.... smile.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:14 pm

And the spiral of time comes in three flavours:

Sweet: Jalebie
Salty: Pretzels
Bitter: Probably Karela (bitter gourd)
Add a few lemons if sour taste is desired!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Dear EoT,

You did not respond at all. I wonder if you agree or disagree with what I said...Worries me.

Your friend and admirer,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”