Trying to understand Transits...

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Jayashree Ravi

Trying to understand Transits...

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:29 am

Namaste,

Given a hypothetical scenario of my natal 5th lord forming a rajayoga on lagna (Kumbha), I am trying to understand how this rajayoga will get triggered from a transit POV. Would the following seem to be a sensible reasoning?

Say my Mercury is transit-wise atop my lagna. But he is my natal 5th lord. Let us say he forms some kind of rajayoga with the lagna. Thus transit Jupiter's glance on natal Mercury will make this transit Mercury behave like 5th lord and give me the rajayoga since he is atop the lagna?

Or alternatively, transit Jupiter's aspect on transit Mercury posited anywhere will trigger this rajayoga my natal Mercury forms with the lagna, as long as this transit Mercury influences my lagna, either via rasi drishti from specific signs or by graha-drishti (7th aspect)?

Is it how the transits - say that of Jupiter - works? If not, can someone guide me with an example scenario of transit triggering a natal rajayoga?

Thanks and regards,

Jayashree
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:06 pm

I wish to explain further my query above:

Let us say for Kumba lagna, someone has A10 the karma pada in lagna, and the lagnesha, Saturn joins 5th lord Mercury in Libra - this surely creates a rajayoga for power and authority and is connected to the lagna via A10. So when Mercury transits this A10 in lagna, if Jupiter aspects natal Mercury in Libra, will it then cause the A10 rajayoga to manifest by means of transit Mercury distilling the natal Mercury's effect on the lagna holding A10?

Thanks.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Jayashree Ravi wrote:I wish to explain further my query above:

Let us say for Kumba lagna, someone has A10 the karma pada in lagna, and the lagnesha, Saturn joins 5th lord Mercury in Libra - this surely creates a rajayoga for power and authority and is connected to the lagna via A10. So when Mercury transits this A10 in lagna, if Jupiter aspects natal Mercury in Libra, will it then cause the A10 rajayoga to manifest by means of transit Mercury distilling the natal Mercury's effect on the lagna holding A10?

Thanks.
As per lordships mercury being 5th. lord conjuncting lagna lord gives rajayoga; a yoga of kendra & kona lord conjuncting... more of the dharmakarmadhikari yoga type. Note= mercury being the 8th. lord & saturn 12th. lord can lead to viparith rajayoga too; this can also afflict the dharmakarmadhikari yoga.
And all these are thoeretically/technically correct.

A10 in lagna can give an attraction for power/karma.
The  lagna lord & A10 lord exalted does give fine observation skills, spiritual mindset, lot of learning, prosperous children.

Transits of a fast moving planet is dependant on the transit of the slow moving planets and so many other factors, and the the excusive results of transit mercury will only be a 'general' indication to something.
Yes, mercury transit over lagna & A 10 can spark temporary activity in effort towards power.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:34 pm

RishiRahul wrote: Transits of a fast moving planet is dependant on the transit of the slow moving planets and so many other factors, and the the excusive results of transit mercury will only be a 'general' indication to something.

RishiRahul
Wow! I did not know the above. Sounds like bhukti and antardasha lords are dependant on the mahadasha lord to give a certain result! It seems like fast-moving planets act 'under' the major influence of transit results of slow-moving planets on natal grahas and houses! So many factors! Thank you.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 am

Jayashree Ravi wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: Transits of a fast moving planet is dependant on the transit of the slow moving planets and so many other factors, and the the excusive results of transit mercury will only be a 'general' indication to something.

RishiRahul
Wow! I did not know the above. Sounds like bhukti and antardasha lords are dependant on the mahadasha lord to give a certain result! It seems like fast-moving planets act 'under' the major influence of transit results of slow-moving planets on natal grahas and houses! So many factors! Thank you.
Ultimately: Veera Jaya, it ends up being paper and pencil ground-work! As always insisted, here, there and elsewhere?

Take it or leave it, something I always blessed my progeny with! ;-)

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”