Predictive menthods & presence of Redundance in astrology

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 am

Now Vinay ji may not like my khichdi style jyotish (just kidding!) compared to his pure traditional approach but a related observation about relatives that I can share is one instance when an individual experienced the dasas of mercury, sun and sun. Both are placed in the same house that holds the pada of the 9th and 10th houses. The pada of the 12th house falls in the fourth house, natally. Neither sun nor mercury have much to do with either 4th, 9th or 12th by rulership, drishti etc., but everything to do with the houses of profession, earning and research and are personal indicators as described in an article long ago. I will not go into more precise house systems but simply use sign-as-house for this brief sharing, but even in those interesting confirmatory indicators emerge.

The individual went abroad and settled there. He had received a research-job offer which enabled him to get a visa (permanent).

Why then? Mercury and sun are strongly related, sun is in the star of the fourth lord which has connections with the 12th house. At the time of the actual journey, sun was transiting over the natal 12th lord, and so was mercury. The planet that was in the natal 9th house was transiting the 4th house, and on the exact day of travel, additionally, moon was transiting the 12th house.

Coincidences, some may insist, but others might see how sometimes many robins get seen and indeed announce that spring is here. Destiny (destined things) generally do no knock lightly on doors. That is what I have generally observed. Hence I am so biased (some may say!) against ONE FACTOR ASTROLOGY!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:10 am

Yes Sir, Jyotisha must not be mono-factorial, but almost always we find multi-factorialism degenerating into opportunist astrology without any consistent methodology which thrives on post-mortem through hooks or through crooks : selectively using only those factors which suits the events and discarding those factors which do not help.

In the field of Natal Jyotisha, all my experience boils down to two methods :

one is 100% accurate and definitive but it is based on DAC (Dashaa Arambha Chakra) which require razor thin precision in BTR upto centi- or milli-second accuracy which may take many days or weeks on single chart ;

and the other is highly accurate but based on a mix of various tools : Sudarshana Chakra plus Vimshottari &c plus Varsha Pravesha Chakras plus Ashtakavarga-Gochara-Transits etc.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:53 am

Vinay Jha wrote:Yes Sir, Jyotisha must not be mono-factorial, but almost always we find multi-factorialism degenerating into opportunist astrology without any consistent methodology which thrives on post-mortem through hooks or through crooks : selectively using only those factors which suits the events and discarding those factors which do not help.

one is 100% accurate and definitive but it is based on DAC (Dashaa Arambha Chakra) which require razor thin precision in BTR upto centi- or milli-second accuracy which may take many days or weeks on single chart ;

and the other is highly accurate but based on a mix of various tools : Sudarshana Chakra plus Vimshottari &c plus Varsha Pravesha Chakras plus Ashtakavarga-Gochara-Transits etc.

VJ
Dear Vinay ji,

The most beautiful and perhaps mystical thing that I have been most awestruck about this whole matter of divination, rightly or wrongly is the presence of 'redundance'! Most times, the path towards meaningfully solving the puzzle before us seems to lie in seeking and hopefully finding it! In my next or one of my next lifetimes if God wants or lets me become a teacher in the field of astrology, I shall perhaps use that working principle of finding redundance for heuristic purposes.

Best regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:Yes Sir, Jyotisha must not be mono-factorial, but almost always we find multi-factorialism degenerating into opportunist astrology without any consistent methodology which thrives on post-mortem through hooks or through crooks : selectively using only those factors which suits the events and discarding those factors which do not help.

VJ
Dear Vinay ji,

The most beautiful and perhaps mystical thing that I have been most awestruck about this whole matter of divination, rightly or wrongly is the presence of 'redundance'! Most times, the path towards meaningfully solving the puzzle before us seems to lie in seeking and hopefully finding it! In my next or one of my next lifetimes if God wants or lets me become a teacher in the field of astrology, I shall perhaps use that working principle of finding redundance for heuristic purposes.

Best regards,

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

I could get these 3 meanings for 'redundance' from the free on line dictionary:=
Re`dun´dance    (r?`d?n´dans)
n. 1.
1. The quality or state of being redundant; superfluity; superabundance; excess.
2. That which is redundant or in excess; anything superfluous or superabundant.
Labor . . . throws off redundacies.
- Addison.
3. (Law) Surplusage inserted in a pleading which may be rejected by the court without impairing the validity of what remains.

Which meaning do you mean? If you could explain?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:59 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

VJ
Dear Vinay ji,

Best regards,

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

I could get these 3 meanings for 'redundance' from the free on line dictionary:=
n. 1.
1. The quality or state of being redundant; superfluity; superabundance; excess.
- Addison.
3. (Law) Surplusage inserted in a pleading which may be rejected by the court without impairing the validity of what remains.

Rishi
Excess in a positive sense, through multiplicity of pointers, which makes it redundant (unnecessary; negative sense of the word) to try for comprehensive academic perfection to accomplish what we do as we participate in the 'dance' of LIFE, aka, Human Experiential Reality!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:17 pm

In modern linguistics and semantics, and more specifically in Information Theory and Cybernetics, REDUNDANCY is not a superfluous and repetitive excess but an essential part of signal useful in deducing meaning of the information inherent in the signal, because Redundancy helps in overcoming the harmful effects of internal and external NOISE which can destroy the WHOLE meanings of the signal by obstructing or distorting some PART of the signal. Therefore, any SYSTEM must contain REDUNDANCY to minimize the amount of ERROR and maximize the quantity of meaningful and correct INFORMATION.

The fundamental principle of Basic Communication Theory is this :

The probability of occurrence of an event is inversely proportional to the logarithm (base 2 and not 10 or e) of the amount of information contained in the signal intended to cause or trigger that event.

In a control system (i.e., cybernetic system), communication of signals is used for regulating each part in accordance with the well being of the whole system. The signal must contain minimum amount of Information about the intended event and maximum amount of message for activating the triggers capable of causing that event.

A birth-chart contains signals causing the real life events later in life. But the horoscope does not contain adequate information about the real processes of those events. We cannot or should not explain the hidden mechanisms of the causes behind the rules of astrology. We can say God's Will for things like Mercury influencing Skin. But we cannot prove scientifically how Mercury actually influences Skin.

Therefore, the horoscope is a set of signals activating events but the horoscope does not reveal the processes behind its working on the events.

This set of signals MUST contain adequate amount of REDUNDANCY for being 100% functional without failure, i.e., always being capable of triggering the events.

In my classes for senior students, I teach in detail how to use any particular divisional chart for explaining all matters of life and death. But my method is primarily based on DAC (Dashaa Arambha Chakra).  There are parallel methods also, to the same effect. For instance, chief method of  Ravana Samhita and Vriddha-Surya-Aruna-Samhita uses ONLY D-9 for predictions, never using D-1 or any other divisional. Saptarshi Astrology magazine once mentioned an astrologer-monk of Varanasi who advocated only D-9 or only D-12 or only D-16 for all purposes. So much Redundancy in Vedic Astrology ! But that is why most of the astrologers have forgotten these redundancies and have preserved only the hard kernel which is almost useless. Redundancies give us multiple POINTERS helping us in finding the targets properly.

VJ

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:56 pm

You have explained and described it well! Others have used terms like matrix-approach, cross-checking between dashas etc

The light of DIVINE is infinite and different divinatory approaches, including ours, use in a sense different filters, different perspectives to pick according to our system or tradition. Multiple signals and multiplicity (duplications) are what enable us all to get the meaning out of the signals and perceive the light or at least a part of It!

Incidentally, by DAC do you mean the chart erected at the moment of beginning of the dasa or pratyantar, etc (obvious meaning) or is there something more intricate?

I have some ashtakavarga questions which I can raise as a separate thread or we can discuss privately if you so wish. For some reason, ashtakavarga has not been discussed here too noticeably. I do hope everyone does use them in their work, here! It is a very useful aid and highlighted so in BPHS as we all know.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

VJ
Dear Vinay ji,

Best regards,

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

n. 1.
- Addison.

Rishi
Excess in a positive sense, through multiplicity of pointers, which makes it redundant (unnecessary; negative sense of the word) to try for comprehensive academic perfection to accomplish what we do as we participate in the 'dance' of LIFE, aka, Human Experiential Reality!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Thanks Dada,

Now my understanding is clear..er.

An astrologer/divinator is like a blind man..at first=

Different methods, like one factor astrology also, help to get new perspectives to something we are looking for.....to get perfection.

I forget the name of the movie: A man who lived blind for many many years  from childhood to adult years got advanced therapy... and all were happy.
The challenge was that even when his eyes were working fine, the dire difficult problem of perceiving what he was seeing was a drastic challenge.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:02 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks Dada,

Different methods, like one factor astrology also, help to get new perspectives to something we are looking for.....to get perfection.

I forget the name of the movie: A man who lived blind for many many years  from childhood to adult years got advanced therapy... and all were happy.
The challenge was that even when his eyes were working fine, the dire difficult problem of perceiving what he was seeing was a drastic challenge.

Rishi
I prefer two analogies, instead:

A man (or woman) in a dark room and gradually the lights come on, and the darkness-created false sense of blindness dissipates with the lights increasing! Although, if too many lights come on at once, the person could get blinded even by too much light! ;-)

The second one is of a wo/man in a dark room with many others warming up the environment of the dark room! A few of those were born with the capability to perceive IR (like a night vision camera pretty common these days and used also for astrophotography (essentially a sensor without the IR filter built into most cameras) and through the capability can lead others without the ability so that they do not bump into others or on the walls and hurdles in the dark room, and not miss out on the goodies that exist too in the dark room!

Anyways, GOD (DIVINE ESSENCE) has made this beautiful realm in which we live and die, laugh and weep, love and hate, and all that kind of stuff that Human Experiences are made of. There is room even for the atheists and essentially for ALL!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks Dada,

Rishi

A man (or woman) in a dark room and gradually the lights come on, and the darkness-created false sense of blindness dissipates with the lights increasing! Although, if too many lights come on at once, the person could get blinded even by too much light! ;-)

The second one is of a wo/man in a dark room with many others warming up the environment of the dark room! A few of those were born with the capability to perceive IR (like a night vision camera pretty common these days and used also for astrophotography (essentially a sensor without the IR filter built into most cameras) and through the capability can lead others without the ability so that they do not bump into others or on the walls and hurdles in the dark room, and not miss out on the goodies that exist too in the dark room!
Rishi= simlar to the 3rd dimension (length, breadth & width/depth).
The difficulty is in understanding that too....smile.... See .. time rules this too.

Anyways, GOD (DIVINE ESSENCE) has made this beautiful realm in which we live and die, laugh and weep, love and hate, and all that kind of stuff that Human Experiences are made of. There is room even for the atheists and essentially for ALL!
Rishi=my belief is that people choose to be atheists/think they are atheists, as they try to find god in the general understanding of God.
While they live & believe in Nature.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Appended above,

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Thanks Dada,

Rishi

Rishi= simlar to the 3rd dimension (length, breadth & width/depth).
The difficulty is in understanding that too....smile.... See .. time rules this too.

Rishi=my belief is that people choose to be atheists/think they are atheists, as they try to find god in the general understanding of God.
While they live & believe in Nature.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Appended above,

Rishi
A seasoned and elderly sceptic was in a boat when a storm arose. Fearing for his life, but still digging his heels (old habit) while others were praying sincerely, he said, "Oh God, if there is a God, if I arrive home safely alive, I will offer a thousand rupees to your temple!"

OH SIGH!!

Dada
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”