Dreadful Death and Disease Prediction by Vedic Astrologer: Please help if you can.

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

WanderWoman

Dreadful Death and Disease Prediction by Vedic Astrologer: Please help if you can.

Post by WanderWoman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Hello:

I'm new to this board so thanks in advance for reading this post.

I have been talking to a vedic astrologer for about five years who has a very nice website and seems to be extremely well educated and full of knowledge about spiritual life.  I contacted her after my mother died in a state of grief and she really impressed me with her reading of my chart and her predictions. I made a number of decisions about what I would do after my mother's death; how I would handle my failing marriage, and how to launch my growing son into the world based on her advice.

Over this five years though she has given me some very conflicting information. In 2010, she told me I was going to die in Mercury Dasa Saturn Bhukti. I was not sure of the reason but she did say this and also said that because Ketu was in Lagna and Lord of Lagna was in the sixth house I was born to "serve or suffer" and that Ketu would deny me satisfaction in life. She also said I would be a good astrologer because of this Ketu.

I was very serious and depressed and ready to accept my life would be short and of little real use or satisfaction based on this reading.

Then two years later, in 2012, she told me that she made a mistake and she was sorry, but I would *not* die in saturn bhukti because that would make my life too short. She predicted instead that in this bhukti I would have a successful online business and make a lot of money. She also said that in Ketu dasa I would become a famous writer.

She then gave me another reading last week where she again told me I was going to die in Shani bhukti. Furthermore, she said that in the dasa before that, Jupiter Dasa, I would get a terrible disease. At this point this gives me about three years of health and productivity before I am sick and then die.

She also said in this reading that I would "never be a predictive astrologer" because I did not have strong graha in the 12th house. She suggested I become a medical social worker or addiction counselor since all of my serious problems would make me compassionate towards others. I have no credentials in this area at all but I have been studying astrology for 35 years.

I am really hopelessly, hopelessly confused at this point. This woman has told me so many conflicting things -- some fascinating and illuminating, but really overall totally different every time I talk to her. I am upset that I now again have a death prediction but even more upset that it was given, withdrawn and then given again.

I have no idea what to make of this reading. Does anyone here have any thoughts about it?

Thank you.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Dear Madam,

I do not like to criticise other divinators (any cloth!) particularly the nameless ones, as in this case!

Your situation (and experience) seems to be somewhat extreme since generally speaking consultants would not like to hit their clients with such dire pronouncements, so directly particularly when they are not sure and change their astro-conclusions about those.

If after studying astrology for such a long time, and hopefully seriously, sincerely and consistently, you are still not sure whether it is your cup of tea, then something seems a bit amiss, does it not?

Perhaps you should try some other divinatory approach such as tarot, palmistry etc, because you obviously have an urge to delve into occultism, etc.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

WanderWoman

Post by WanderWoman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Thank you Rohiniranjan:

I don't feel at all that astrology is not my cup of tea. My point was only that this jyotishi told me to look into fields for profession I have had nothing to do with in 50 years of life -- no hint, no seed, no invitation thus far; and then clearly stated I would *not succeed* as an astrologer which is quite odd since it is something I have studied for a long time;though mostly western until possibly roughly seven years ago. I am not sure if I would do this "professionally" since I am not sure I could ever confidently ask for payment for such services; however I believe that as a student and practitioner I *am* already a successful astrologer.

This jyotishi stated that she *did* have strong graha and this placed her on the "rainbow bridge", whereas I was not on the "rainbow bridge."

I do assure you  that this person did say these things and in fact urged me to prepare for death now by "writing down ten things I want to do before I die." For the same dasha two years previously she predicted unprecedented career success. It is extreme and clearly upsetting which is why I am posting about it today.

Thanks for your reply :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Thanks for sharing...!

RR
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:39 am

WanderWoman wrote:Thank you Rohiniranjan:

I don't feel at all that astrology is not my cup of tea. My point was only that this jyotishi told me to look into fields for profession I have had nothing to do with in 50 years of life -- no hint, no seed, no invitation thus far; and then clearly stated I would *not succeed* as an astrologer which is quite odd since it is something I have studied for a long time;though mostly western until possibly roughly seven years ago. I am not sure if I would do this "professionally" since I am not sure I could ever confidently ask for payment for such services; however I believe that as a student and practitioner I *am* already a successful astrologer.

This jyotishi stated that she *did* have strong graha and this placed her on the "rainbow bridge", whereas I was not on the "rainbow bridge."

I do assure you  that this person did say these things and in fact urged me to prepare for death now by "writing down ten things I want to do before I die." For the same dasha two years previously she predicted unprecedented career success. It is extreme and clearly upsetting which is why I am posting about it today.

Something I would like to mention here is that, when you start getting conflicting answers from astrologers, Following is the divinity's message for you,"Stop Consulting for your own horoscope".
Not necessarily the astrologer but consulting itself. You are doing over consultation. Go by your desire, intuition and logic only. Astrology or any other method is 4th or 5th to it. This 4th pillar should be used as last one, only some times and infrequently, not as first and foremost one. When you start relying on this method alone, it starts giving conflicting messages no matter whom do you consult.

Secondly 12th house strong graha doesnt guarantee Astrology or vice versa.
Thirdly...death is not so easy to stamp.  I have 6 graha with Markesh disposition (ability to cause death) in my horoscope. I run such Dashas or main periods and antardashas all the time in my life.
Besides, If you are successful practitioner , you would know she was wrong or no. So there is nothing to worry or get confused about.

WanderWoman

Post by WanderWoman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:40 am

That's an interesting point, thank you Certain. :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:19 am

Certain wrote:
WanderWoman wrote:Thank you Rohiniranjan:

Something I would like to mention here is that, when you start getting conflicting answers from astrologers, Following is the divinity's message for you,"Stop Consulting for your own horoscope".
Not necessarily the astrologer but consulting itself. You are doing over consultation. Go by your desire, intuition and logic only. Astrology or any other method is 4th or 5th to it. This 4th pillar should be used as last one, only some times and infrequently, not as first and foremost one. When you start relying on this method alone, it starts giving conflicting messages no matter whom do you consult.

Secondly 12th house strong graha doesnt guarantee Astrology or vice versa.
Thirdly...death is not so easy to stamp.  I have 6 graha with Markesh disposition (ability to cause death) in my horoscope. I run such Dashas or main periods and antardashas all the time in my life.
Besides, If you are successful practitioner , you would know she was wrong or no. So there is nothing to worry or get confused about.

BINGO! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Dreadful Death and Disease Prediction by Vedic Astrologer: Please help if you can.

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:42 pm

WanderWoman wrote:Hello:

I'm new to this board so thanks in advance for reading this post.

I have been talking to a vedic astrologer for about five years who has a very nice website and seems to be extremely well educated and full of knowledge about spiritual life.  I contacted her after my mother died in a state of grief and she really impressed me with her reading of my chart and her predictions. I made a number of decisions about what I would do after my mother's death; how I would handle my failing marriage, and how to launch my growing son into the world based on her advice.

Over this five years though she has given me some very conflicting information. In 2010, she told me I was going to die in Mercury Dasa Saturn Bhukti. I was not sure of the reason but she did say this and also said that because Ketu was in Lagna and Lord of Lagna was in the sixth house I was born to "serve or suffer" and that Ketu would deny me satisfaction in life. She also said I would be a good astrologer because of this Ketu.

I was very serious and depressed and ready to accept my life would be short and of little real use or satisfaction based on this reading.

Then two years later, in 2012, she told me that she made a mistake and she was sorry, but I would *not* die in saturn bhukti because that would make my life too short. She predicted instead that in this bhukti I would have a successful online business and make a lot of money. She also said that in Ketu dasa I would become a famous writer.

She then gave me another reading last week where she again told me I was going to die in Shani bhukti. Furthermore, she said that in the dasa before that, Jupiter Dasa, I would get a terrible disease. At this point this gives me about three years of health and productivity before I am sick and then die.

She also said in this reading that I would "never be a predictive astrologer" because I did not have strong graha in the 12th house. She suggested I become a medical social worker or addiction counselor since all of my serious problems would make me compassionate towards others. I have no credentials in this area at all but I have been studying astrology for 35 years.

I am really hopelessly, hopelessly confused at this point. This woman has told me so many conflicting things -- some fascinating and illuminating, but really overall totally different every time I talk to her. I am upset that I now again have a death prediction but even more upset that it was given, withdrawn and then given again.

I have no idea what to make of this reading. Does anyone here have any thoughts about it?

Thank you.
Added to what RR ji & Certain said:=

Given your birthdate at your profile page, you have retro sani + retro Jupiter.
Also you have your atmakarak in house of budha; amatyakarak in the house of budha with exalted budha; and both of them 4/10 to each other.

The above showing that you have a self defeatist, but analytical attitude, and MAY have interest in matters which general others are unsuccessful.
The houses of mercury are loaded with atama & amatyakarak & mercury itself.

Thus, you not being a bad astrologer is not possible, if you persistently interested.

Q.E.D.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Re: Dreadful Death and Disease Prediction by Vedic Astrologer: Please help if you can.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:09 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Also you have your atmakarak in house of budha; amatyakarak in the house of budha with exalted budha; and both of them 4/10 to each other.

The above showing that you have a self defeatist, but analytical attitude, and MAY have interest in matters which general others are unsuccessful.

Thus, you not being a bad astrologer is not possible, if you persistently interested.

Q.E.D.

RishiRahul
This is an interesting thought (emboldened by me), Rishi! Interestingly, mercury and Jupiter signs are the only ones blessed to fall in the same triplicity (dwiswabhava), whereas, the remaining ones either fall in the 2/12 relationship or the 6/8 relationships which are considered difficult on one hand, but yet connected by rashi-drishti as stated by Parashara and emphasized by Jaimini (sages). Except Saturnine signs which alone are 2/12 and devoid of any mutual drishtis-sambandhas. Other relevant char-karaks can be considered as well from this angle...! The energizing influence of dispositor is an additional consideration, whether by aspect or other sambandha consideration, etc

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Q.E.D.

RishiRahul
This is an interesting thought (emboldened by me), Rishi! Interestingly, mercury and Jupiter signs are the only ones blessed to fall in the same triplicity (dwiswabhava), whereas, the remaining ones either fall in the 2/12 relationship or the 6/8 relationships which are considered difficult on one hand, but yet connected by rashi-drishti as stated by Parashara and emphasized by Jaimini (sages). Except Saturnine signs which alone are 2/12 and devoid of any mutual drishtis-sambandhas. Other relevant char-karaks can be considered as well from this angle...! The energizing influence of dispositor is an additional consideration, whether by aspect or other sambandha consideration, etc

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

Thanks!

Mercury & Jupiter being the Main karaks (besides a very few others minor flexible ones) of astrology/divinations are important, as you rightly added Jupiter.

Since this is not a reading forum (my excuse), I can venture to say that the moon getting the rasi drishti of Jupiter & saturn (both retro), the native is MORE interested in other than data research...... though saturn is important for data.

Thanks for the other explanations.

Always more to learn from you. :)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:49 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Q.E.D.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

Thanks!

Mercury & Jupiter being the Main karaks (besides a very few others minor flexible ones) of astrology/divinations are important, as you rightly added Jupiter.

Since this is not a reading forum (my excuse), I can venture to say that the moon getting the rasi drishti of Jupiter & saturn (both retro), the native is MORE interested in other than data research...... though saturn is important for data.

Thanks for the other explanations.

Always more to learn from you. :)

Rishi

Thanks. As soon as "moon" gets into the *mix* (or mix-up!), intuition generally becomes the driver, IMO (O for observations, and not O for opinion!)! ;-)

But, anyway, we are not really discussing about a reading request, so no need for offering any excuses etc.

My question was not specific to a chart, but the general consideration of linking the charakaraka pairs or sometimes triads, tetrads... to be placed in certain rashis vis-a-vis their rulers (dispositors of the karakas) and the triplicity-quadruplicity as defined in astrological scriptures.

Purists may not like these discussions and might think we are overextending our imaginations or simply doing 'thought experiments' as I read somewhere recently in the Internet forests of thoughts and sharings, from an otherwise quite knowledgeable-seeming astro! That remark was aimed at some folks we know! However, many feel that such a conservative stance is not kosher. Well, to each his or her own, I suppose.

But, I was not stating the additional role of jupiter and saturn in the current situation of AK and AmK in mercurian signs getting the rashi drishti etc.. that you seemed to understand!

I was extrapolating your statement to other charts where AK and AmK (or other pairs of karaks, relevant to the context) were placed in the 6/8 (connected by rashi-drishti) vs being placed in 2/12 (unconnected by drishti) between those two karakas.

For example, the two karakas being in signs of venus or of mars (6/8) or the two karakas being in signs of saturn (2/12). Once, again for clarity: in different nativities!

Hopefully, now it is clearer...?  :-)

Rohiniranjan

WanderWoman

Post by WanderWoman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:56 am

Sorry --

You said:

"Thus, you not being a bad astrologer is not possible, if you persistently interested. "

I am not sure what you mean. When you say " you not being a bad astrologer is not possible," this is a double negative. If you took the "nots" out, it would read: " Thus, you being a bad astrologer is possible." In other words what you are saying is that it's possible I am a bad astrologer?

It's okay if you think so; I'm just clearing up the language.

As far as your insight that the moon is involved with Guru and Shani by drishti and are both retrograde - I've really only experienced this as being very *deeply* serious about things that interest me, since I spent so much quiet, isolated and introverted time pondering these things, including astrology but also health issues, writing and computer programming. I hope that validates your insight since I never thought about the retrograde nature of planets in aspect to the moon before.

You also inadvertently answered a puzzling question of mine. Swati moon is supposed to be "socialite" moon especially in house 11 where it should give lots of relationships and networks of friends. I am the opposite; very private, alone person - communicate through writing mostly. Very interesting, thank you for your thoughts :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:58 am

WanderWoman wrote:Sorry --

You said:

"Thus, you not being a bad astrologer is not possible, if you persistently interested. "

I am not sure what you mean. When you say " you not being a bad astrologer is not possible," this is a double negative. If you took the "nots" out, it would read: " Thus, you being a bad astrologer is possible." In other words what you are saying is that it's possible I am a bad astrologer?

As far as your insight that the moon is involved with Guru and Shani by drishti and are both retrograde - I've really only experienced this as being very *deeply* serious about things that interest me, since I spent so much quiet, isolated and introverted time pondering these things, including astrology but also health issues, writing and computer programming. I hope that validates your insight since I never thought about the retrograde nature of planets in aspect to the moon before.

You also inadvertently answered a puzzling question of mine. Swati moon is supposed to be "socialite" moon especially in house 11 where it should give lots of relationships and networks of friends. I am the opposite; very private, alone person - communicate through writing mostly. Very interesting, thank you for your thoughts :)
LOL. Double negatives tend to be problematic at times, but if I may interrupt and say that adding a third negative in the statement would be recommended in this instance!

**you not being a bad astrologer is not possible, "Thus, you not being a bad astrologer is not possible[;] if you [are NOT] persistently interested.**

Or simply: Being a bad astrologer is possible, if you are not persistently interested!

Sometimes I wonder if the natal chart represents the astrological genome of nativities that indicates the Karma that needs to be addressed in a given lifetime. Some of these genes will get expressed no matter what. This we also call destiny, bhagya, etc., but there are those genes which require some efforts in order for them to get expressed. Similarly, some become divinators no matter what (generally speaking those who are psychics), whereas, others require a modicum of persistent efforts (constant study, practice, just like most subjects and disciplines) and sustained interest and continuing education (generally true in case of palmists and astrologers, etc).

Which astrological gene expresses possibly is what the technicalities incorporated in astrology (yogas, strengths, positive and negative pulls, etc) are supposed to fathom. Hence, when we are looking at a factor, we need to pay attention to these various dimensions which generally will give indications of where the psyche wants to go vs. where it will actually go, if and when given the appropriate circumstances, etc.

My teacher used to say that using too many "etc" in a sentence or paragraph is an indication of "laziness". Which makes me 'too lazy to teach', I suppose!

:smt004

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 am

WanderWoman wrote:Sorry --

You said:

Hello,

As Rohiniranjan ji very rightly mentioned- 2 negatives become the positive-.

This is what I mentioned & meant.

You cannot be a bad astrologer..... the downside.
Few impotant positions in your chart mentions that you are born with the 'Potential'.  And since you have tapped the potential & are continuing to tap it, you will do well in it.

You have the innovation, as you are think deeply & internalise a lot as mentioned before as a self conscious defeatism plays continously inside you, leading to the scope of being succesful areas where others may fail.

But from ' when & how' needs detailed analysis...an important part of questions to life.

My gut sense says that you are nearing the corner of new openings in some confused environment, but may come up in a few years.

Good luck,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”