General Question about Transits

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RahuVsKetu

General Question about Transits

Post by RahuVsKetu » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:05 am

Hey guys,

I have a general question about planetary transit. So I read somewhere that planets start to show the result of their transit into a new sign, before their actually entry into a new sign, rasi, house. For example, transit Saturn will start to show results 6 months before it enters the next rasi (sign). Similarly, Jupiter (guru) will start showing results 2 months before it enters a new house, sign or rasi. And rahu, ketu 3 months. Whereas, Sun, Ven, Mer show results 7 days before their transit into new sign and Moon shows results 2 hours before its entry.

So is this true?

Also, I have heard from many people including some "pundit ji's" that Saturn start to show positive results 6 months before its entry into some benefic house. i.e 3, 6, & 11. Is this also true?

Though its a general question, I am a Virgo moon (Hasta 3rd Pada)

Thanks

Rohiniranjan

Re: General Question about Transits

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:23 am

RahuVsKetu wrote:Hey guys,

I have a general question about planetary transit. So I read somewhere that planets start to show the result of their transit into a new sign, before their actually entry into a new sign, rasi, house. For example, transit Saturn will start to show results 6 months before it enters the next rasi (sign). Similarly, Jupiter (guru) will start showing results 2 months before it enters a new house, sign or rasi. And rahu, ketu 3 months. Whereas, Sun, Ven, Mer show results 7 days before their transit into new sign and Moon shows results 2 hours before its entry.

So is this true?

Also, I have heard from many people including some "pundit ji's" that Saturn start to show positive results 6 months before its entry into some benefic house. i.e 3, 6, & 11. Is this also true?

Though its a general question, I am a Virgo moon (Hasta 3rd Pada)

Thanks
Dear,

The approximate time required by the planets to go through the zodiac (12 rashis) is:
Saturn 30 months
Nodes 18 months
Jupiter 12 months
ve,me,ma ~ 1.5 years
sun - 1 year
Moon - ~27 days

If you divide these by a constant = 5 you will get
Saturn - 6 mon
nodes - 3.6 mon
jup - 2.4 mon
mar etc - 9 days
Sun - 6 days

So, though these are very approximate and variable values (year to year), we see a similarity to what the astrologers were claiming to be the actual transit effect times prior to entering signs. Could ayanamsha be the constant? Depending on that and entry into signs calculated the transit may seem to take place earlier or in some cases later, depending on the value chosen. Just a thought.

However, in reality planets do not necessarily begin to show huge changes always as soon as they change signs! Sometimes these happen towards the middle and also sometimes towards the end of signs. You can get details from your text books, ancient and modern. Those would have covered that as well as interplay between transits and ashtakavarga etc and nakshatras. Many variables are involved and trying to reduce those into a capsule form is not the remedy!

All the best,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”