Transits : Rasi vs House

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RahuVsKetu

Transits : Rasi vs House

Post by RahuVsKetu » Sat May 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi friends,

I have always wondered which transit method is more accurate and makes more sense in terms of predictions and results.
So are transits more correct when planets transit Rasi to Rasi or are they more accurate when they transit house to house (chalit natal house degrees)

Let's say the third house start at 23.00 Gemini and it also covers half of cancer. Should be go by that? Like when planet crosses 23rd degree, should we assume that it's in 3rd house Or should we accept the 3rd house transit begins when the planet enters cancer?

So which method is more accurate. And one more question: Are all houses equally divided? All 30 degrees? Or like some methods say they aren't.

P.s these transits are from natal moon.
Please clear my confusion.

Thank you

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 11, 2014 12:57 am

You sound serious and sincere, RvsK, and I am assuming that you have tested it a bit in charts, before posting your question?

Please share what you have found and why the question still remains and bothers you?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RahuVsKetu

Post by RahuVsKetu » Sun May 11, 2014 1:22 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:You sound serious and sincere, RvsK, and I am assuming that you have tested it a bit in charts, before posting your question?

Please share what you have found and why the question still remains and bothers you?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan,
I have tried many times, but still couldn't find my answer. That's why I posted it here.

Which method do you use?

thanks

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 11, 2014 1:39 am

RahuVsKetu wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:You sound serious and sincere, RvsK, and I am assuming that you have tested it a bit in charts, before posting your question?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan,
I have tried many times, but still couldn't find my answer. That's why I posted it here.

Which method do you use?

thanks
I LOVE when questions are answered by questions and again answered by more questions!

You have not given us your specifics, and that makes it even more interesting!

So, WHAT really brought on your original question, and what did you really set out to accomplish when embarking on your current quest...?

Please understand and trust that I am trying to help, even though I may not have the answer but then you don't either and you do not want to end up with several answers, because that returns you to the status quo?

Conflicting Possibilities? ;-)

Love, Light, Reality (modern Jyotish??)

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun May 11, 2014 5:46 am

Hi friends,

I have always wondered which transit method is more accurate and makes more sense in terms of predictions and results.
So are transits more correct when planets transit Rasi to Rasi or are they more accurate when they transit house to house (chalit natal house degrees)

Let's say the third house start at 23.00 Gemini and it also covers half of cancer. Should be go by that? Like when planet crosses 23rd degree, should we assume that it's in 3rd house Or should we accept the 3rd house transit begins when the planet enters cancer?

So which method is more accurate. And one more question: Are all houses equally divided? All 30 degrees? Or like some methods say they aren't.

Thank you
I think you should also spell out as to the point with reference to which you are trying to study transits. For e.g., Bhavas/Houses, dasal lords, Moon, Navamsa signs, batal positins of the transiting graha, natal posiitons of malefics/benefics, transits linked to ashtakavarga bindus, stellar transit  etc. And then nuances like conjunctions with natal positions, aspects to natal positions etc.
CRS

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Transits : Rasi vs House

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 11, 2014 3:42 pm

RahuVsKetu wrote:Hi friends,

Thank you

I think transits in rasi to rasi will yeild better predictive results, than bhava chalit to bhava chalit.

As a 'general' rule, Jupiter transit gives results at the middle third of the transit, while saturn gives at the last third, Mars gives at the earliest week to 10 days of entering a rasi.

Again this is altered by 'early rising rasis or late rising rasis.

Rasi should be the MAIN.

But even then you could also research yourself that if a bhava starts at 23 degrees, after a transit enters 23 degrees whether the results are noticed or not.
Always research yourself before accepting or rejecting something.

House divisions (some idea)===http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_%28astrology%29

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 11, 2014 5:35 pm

... in addition, also test two things:

+ When a planet enters a sign, check the relative position of transit moon and test the murthy dictum (murthy-nirnaya)
+ When a dasa or bhukti or finer levels of vimshottari begins, check the transits at that time. Ideally one should also look at gulika and ascendant at the moment, but due to birth time inaccuracies etc, ascendants and gulika could be a bit dicey to get those right since very sensitive parameters and susceptible in terms of accuracy.

Choudhary (systems approach) emphatically claims that the transits of pratyantara lord (3rd level vimshottary) are most significant, so if MA-Ve-su then solar transits... {add: Oh, one more thing, planets transiting as well as natal placements, the closer to the cusp a planet is, the more intense the effect would be. Systems approach also emphasizes this}

First test some solid parameters such as marriage, childbirth, deaths of close relatives (parents, siblings, spouse, and god forbid children), as opposed to promotion at work etc. Travel abroad may qualify for some countries but not necessarily for others. Education is similarly not a good target for testing, initially. Check from birth ascendant as well as natal lunar sign, the latter being traditionally recommended in jyotish.

Good luck with research!

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 11, 2014 5:41 pm

mysbcrs wrote:
Hi friends,

Thank you
I think you should also spell out as to the point with reference to which you are trying to study transits. For e.g., Bhavas/Houses, dasal lords, Moon, Navamsa signs, batal positins of the transiting graha, natal posiitons of malefics/benefics, transits linked to ashtakavarga bindus, stellar transit  etc. And then nuances like conjunctions with natal positions, aspects to natal positions etc.
Good pointers, CRS ji; in addition the KAKSHAAs based on AV methodology!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Wed May 14, 2014 6:07 am

Good pointers, CRS ji; in addition the KAKSHAAs based on AV methodology!
Thanks RR ji
CRS

Return to “Vedic Astrology”