If I may share, please...?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

If I may share, please...?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 15, 2014 12:31 am

Jyotish forums, for some reason unbeknownest to me, have become 'POWdER-kegs' and though this is not new, ARE so undesired! Why such rampant insecurity, world-wide amongst those who have touched Jyotish?

In response to something that was distasteful, aimed at someone who is elderly, revered by many, one 'self-proclaimed NADI-SHASTRY-VISHARAD' tried to drag poor RR into the snare! And my response, part of which I shall share at all the sites I am actively participating now, because I think it MUST be, for in small or larger measures, my response touches problems that are not local, or even limited to internet, but global and rather HUMAN-MADE?

"...but a general tendency in many members of many forums to focus on a single factor as the KEY signature for effects, traits and events! Most such comments get made, from time to time, by beginners and sometimes more experienced ones who participate in astrology forums. We all, hopefully, realize that in astrology one robin-sighting rarely announces the arrival of spring, metaphorically saying!

Individuals often miss out on understanding or accepting the above and the experienced ones probably know the above but fail to point out that the single-factor statements made by them invariably include the caveats: "...depending on other factors or combinations which render the factor malefic or weaken the yoga etc...!" and also, that 'other combinations can lead to the same effect as well' or something like that. This is why in most articles or in books, there are always a variety of provisos and possibilities that are listed all of which may point to the same professions or event in life etc.! Common observation and common sense?

For future reference, please understand that I am a rather candid and direct person who has neither been interested nor has the time to deal with whatever astro-politics, jealousies and feuds or mutual trust or mistrust exists within or outside internet, etc. And, I KNOW too that we neither live in an ideal nor idyllic world in mrityu-loka!

We all love Jyotish and that is all that matters! In relation to the WIDE world, we jyotish afficionados constitute a frail minority and minorities must learn to live more cohesively!! One does not even have to be a jyotishi to realize that SIMPLE FACT OF LIFE... :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan"

Love, Light, REALITY?

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: If I may share, please...?

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 15, 2014 5:24 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Jyotish forums, for some reason unbeknownest to me, have become 'POWdER-kegs' and though this is not new, ARE so undesired! Why such rampant insecurity, world-wide amongst those who have touched Jyotish?

In response to something that was distasteful, aimed at someone who is elderly, revered by many, one 'self-proclaimed NADI-SHASTRY-VISHARAD' tried to drag poor RR into the snare! And my response, part of which I shall share at all the sites I am actively participating now, because I think it MUST be, for in small or larger measures, my response touches problems that are not local, or even limited to internet, but global and rather HUMAN-MADE?

"...but a general tendency in many members of many forums to focus on a single factor as the KEY signature for effects, traits and events! Most such comments get made, from time to time, by beginners and sometimes more experienced ones who participate in astrology forums. We all, hopefully, realize that in astrology one robin-sighting rarely announces the arrival of spring, metaphorically saying!

Individuals often miss out on understanding or accepting the above and the experienced ones probably know the above but fail to point out that the single-factor statements made by them invariably include the caveats: "...depending on other factors or combinations which render the factor malefic or weaken the yoga etc...!" and also, that 'other combinations can lead to the same effect as well' or something like that. This is why in most articles or in books, there are always a variety of provisos and possibilities that are listed all of which may point to the same professions or event in life etc.! Common observation and common sense?

For future reference, please understand that I am a rather candid and direct person who has neither been interested nor has the time to deal with whatever astro-politics, jealousies and feuds or mutual trust or mistrust exists within or outside internet, etc. And, I KNOW too that we neither live in an ideal nor idyllic world in mrityu-loka!

We all love Jyotish and that is all that matters! In relation to the WIDE world, we jyotish afficionados constitute a frail minority and minorities must learn to live more cohesively!! One does not even have to be a jyotishi to realize that SIMPLE FACT OF LIFE... :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan"

Love, Light, REALITY?

Rohiniranjan

Very well said, Dada,

'POWdER-kegs' was very apt.

One rarely finds real committed people in forums.  If one does, the native are weak communicators.

Though I have some fun with single factor astrology; after all single factors lead to multi factors, even within Jyotish; of course.

Yes, it is saddening when one continues to highlight single factors & use it only as the Be All & End All.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Re: If I may share, please...?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 15, 2014 8:14 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Jyotish forums, for some reason unbeknownest to me, have become 'POWdER-kegs' and though this is not new, ARE so undesired! Why such rampant insecurity, world-wide amongst those who have touched Jyotish?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan"

Love, Light, REALITY?

Rohiniranjan

Very well said, Dada,

'POWdER-kegs' was very apt.

One rarely finds real committed people in forums.  If one does, the native are weak communicators.

Though I have some fun with single factor astrology; after all single factors lead to multi factors, even within Jyotish; of course.

Yes, it is saddening when one continues to highlight single factors & use it only as the Be All & End All.

Rishi
Thanks! But hey, would it not have been so KEWL if it were really so? We all hold this secret desire and keep hoping against hope that somewhere, somehow there is a system of astrology, hereto hidden, that allows one to fathom the intricacies of MAYA and KARMA, clearly using simple astrological pointers! So folks remain intrigued and curious about NADI systems for instance and even fall for tall (very tall) claims, only to find that the doyens were walking on stilts and naturally their feet were not touching the ground! :-)

Love, Light, Levity!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”