To Be Science or not to be, is the QUEST...?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

To Be Science or not to be, is the QUEST...?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Sermon for today

I call astrology as the language of universe! And as it has turned out to be in my perspective and observations, definitely a global language! Others keep hitting their heads against the wall of uncertainty with their knickers in a twist vehemently trying to prove it as being a Science! Why such enamouredness and infatuation with Science which is the new kid around the modern block...? It is amusing and many famous astrologers, mostly with little formal science in their educational backgrounds tend to insist it is so, even louder and in a more animated manner! <LOL>

Global language since astrology (jyotish) seamlessly applies beautifully to human beings whether born in Australia, Nordic countries, eastern and western hemisphere and of course the great middle earth! Of course desh kaal etc must be taken into consideration and so to cultural and in certain things their religious norms! To those more focused and versed in those specialities, astrology manages to read and predict in their expert hands the futures of political parties, leaders, climate and weather patterns, crops and famines, even gold prices and other stocks. Not all of these are of human makings and therefore perhaps jyotish has the capability of deciphering and decoding astrological symbols and their formations and groupings into a construction (syntax) that correlates well with a diverse body of things that describe human and global events and entities!

When an infant looks at a book, it seems to be full of squiggly things that make no sense to the little bundle of joy. Then mother comes, picks up the book and begins to read a story. The little human being feels comfort, peace, love, without knowing what and how or even why! The little infant grows up to be a little boy and strugglingly begins to piece together those squigglies and then the school goer and adult and reading a book becomes second nature and language a 'no big deal' for him. Then he travels to a distant land and here people speak a different language, use different symbols sounding and looking different but he perseveres and the Indian boy learns mandarin! Sometimes the indian boy, knowing hindi learns astrology! Same process, first characters, then words, then learning to piece them together in the right order and manner (grammar) so that the ultimate goal of communication is achieved. And what one sees and experiences can be described to others and thus perceptions and thoughts can be transferred to other sentient human beings. Sometimes it is possible to communicate with a pet animal and while the pet uses its own language (meowing or similar) the human uses its own, still they communicate (kinda sorta), but that is a communication of affection and love which can be accomplished in the language of silence too. All sorts of languages we have!

The hindi and mandarin knowing boy has an advantage. When Chinese dignitaries visit, the boy can translate mandarin into hindi and becomes an important liaison-agent between two languages! A translator is what an astrologer is! Translating astro-symbolism, astrospeakese into hindi, English, French, Russian, mandarin, or any other languages! One language to another is a craft, an art, a valuable asset! How or when did that become or had any need to become science? In fact it is more powerful than Science, because come to think of it even Science requires language to be shared with other human beings, the same science into so many languages and to people speaking different languages in which they study the same science!

Of course that is my perspective and which I hereby share with you, hopefully through a language which you understand!

Love and Light and Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:41 am

These sermons, Ranjanda, have to keep flowing. For Science, Art, Craft, Wisdom and many other definitions are our ways of trying to contain "the flow " in neat little labels, well defined, packaged so that one can weave structures and impose forms on what is just is!

As long as there is some light, a beacon here or there, like the post above; as long as there is strength to walk on the path!!

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:42 am

Votive wrote:These sermons, Ranjanda, have to keep flowing. For Science, Art, Craft, Wisdom and many other definitions are our ways of trying to contain "the flow " in neat little labels, well defined, packaged so that one can weave structures and impose forms on what is just is!

As long as there is some light, a beacon here or there, like the post above; as long as there is strength to walk on the path!!

votive
Thanks for protsaahan! Well it seems that the rivulets, streams, brooks have dried down, died down and not just this summer, but the winter and summer before, and villagers have moved to cities, $ji has gone in agyaatvaas for sometime, Munshi-ji the old Chowkidar has retired and BEE seems to have gone wiser (claims to be self-realized though -- maybe during summer she had started reading the newspaper that she was wearing and were her insulations during the bitterly cold outdoors or the sustained exposure under the yellow sodium lamp has had salutary effect on her and has become a guru(BEE Maai) and running a very successful ashram of her own, and Chela has seen the light and has gone to a modern university and looks great in black-rimmed scholarly glasses! Now, who did I leave out...? :-?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Really like it!

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:57 pm

I call astrology as the language of universe!
Rohiniranjan my friend,

I really like your turn of phrase.

Would you mind if I quoted it (giving you due credit as the author) in some of my postings on Mystic Board, where it is appropriate for me to do so?

The language of the universe.

Really like it!

EoT Image

Rohiniranjan

Re: Really like it!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:06 am

Sure, please go ahead.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

eye_of_tiger wrote:
I call astrology as the language of universe!
Rohiniranjan my friend,

I really like your turn of phrase.

Would you mind if I quoted it (giving you due credit as the author) in some of my postings on Mystic Board, where it is appropriate for me to do so?

The language of the universe.

Really like it!

EoT Image
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:23 am

Thank you so much!

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 178#332178

Cheers,

EoT :smt023

Votive

Post by Votive » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:19 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Votive wrote:These sermons, Ranjanda, have to keep flowing. For Science, Art, Craft, Wisdom and many other definitions are our ways of trying to contain "the flow " in neat little labels, well defined, packaged so that one can weave structures and impose forms on what is just is!

votive
Thanks for protsaahan! Well it seems that the rivulets, streams, brooks have dried down, died down and not just this summer, but the winter and summer before, and villagers have moved to cities, $ji has gone in agyaatvaas for sometime, Munshi-ji the old Chowkidar has retired and BEE seems to have gone wiser (claims to be self-realized though -- maybe during summer she had started reading the newspaper that she was wearing and were her insulations during the bitterly cold outdoors or the sustained exposure under the yellow sodium lamp has had salutary effect on her and has become a guru(BEE Maai) and running a very successful ashram of her own, and Chela has seen the light and has gone to a modern university and looks great in black-rimmed scholarly glasses! Now, who did I leave out...? :-?

Yes, it does seem desolate, a bit parched too. The villagers are in a hurry seeking to gather as much as they can of the glittering cities.

The chowkidar, Misirjees, do not retire, in fact, they cant!
The twinkle in his eyes brighter. His ability, some call it the experience, others see it as intution and yet others do not label but are just grateful for his untiring vigil.

The Chelas googling, full till brim of information still feel the pull of the Ashram, for the relevance even more dificult to cull in these oceans of trivia passing as knowledge.

The drops of water shimmering in the skies, el ninoes or not, soon the rivulets and streams will re-form, different , transformed...

Misirjees, however, have to go on...

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 am

Votive wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

votive

Yes, it does seem desolate, a bit parched too. The villagers are in a hurry seeking to gather as much as they can of the glittering cities.

The chowkidar, Misirjees, do not retire, in fact, they cant!
The twinkle in his eyes brighter. His ability, some call it the experience, others see it as intution and yet others do not label but are just grateful for his untiring vigil.

The Chelas googling, full till brim of information still feel the pull of the Ashram, for the relevance even more dificult to cull in these oceans of trivia passing as knowledge.

The drops of water shimmering in the skies, el ninoes or not, soon the rivulets and streams will re-form, different , transformed...

Misirjees, however, have to go on...

votive
Votive, you did not hear about Misir jee! How could you? :-)
Misir jee joined BEE Maai's ashram long ago and now is an astrologer (kind of a different chowkidaari one might say!).
His brother Munshi jee had to step-in and begin chowkidaari of the village about which you have such high hopes! :-(
Munshi jee now in retirement is reading the other Munshijee's literature (Premchand ji) and since he is a left-handed person, fingers of his left hand sometimes twitch, but now a days that is not helpful. Fountain-pens have become replaced with keyboards and twitchings get in the way of touch-typing! So he enjoys more simply counting the waves like that Laharon kaa Munshi!

What else is new! From what I hear Mayhem again which makes the scribe very sad and helpless to help ... :-(

Ranjanda
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Whether astrology is an art, science, craft or falls in which other category is important for people empowered to do the categorisation.
Again they need to be well versed in astrology to do it correctly.

Whatever it is, It certainly is A Main Language of the Universe or Nature.

I am just trying to Learn Astrology. What does it matter to the Seeker of Astrology... as long as it is sure that It WORKS.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:27 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Whether astrology is an art, science, craft or falls in which other category is important for people empowered to do the categorisation.

I am just trying to Learn Astrology. What does it matter to the Seeker of Astrology... as long as it is sure that It WORKS.

RishiRahul
GEEZ! Temper, Temper...!! <LOL>
Climbed out of bed on the wrong side this morning, did we...? <gdrlh>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Whether astrology is an art, science, craft or falls in which other category is important for people empowered to do the categorisation.

RishiRahul

Oh Yeah! I did have a bad day at work. But what I wrote has got nothing to do with it though.

And this written was not aimed/hurled (..smile..) at you.... but doesnt it make sense?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:42 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

Oh Yeah! I did have a bad day at work. But what I wrote has got nothing to do with it though.

And this written was not aimed/hurled (..smile..) at you.... but doesnt it make sense?

Rishi
Hehe! Nor was what I wrote aimed or hurled at you or anyone else specifically! I just toss (share) my thoughts out, but sometimes those hit somebody on the "button" :-(

And of course it matters to the learner! Learning science is very different from learning a language!! Is it not? ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Yup.
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Votive

Post by Votive » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:58 pm

Wittgenstein (April 26, 1889) with the Sun in Aries as the gnatikarak and Mars in Aries as AK, with an almost stationary Jupiter in Dhanu joining the Sun in Leo in Navamsha (Lagna not certain!) draws the picture of the language as vividly as the Chela tales and the flow of the language of astrology of which we discuss.

Question: How accurate can we be with the combination of Chandra Kundali and the charkaraks in the absence of known lagna?

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:59 am

Votive wrote:Wittgenstein (April 26, 1889) with the Sun in Aries as the gnatikarak and Mars in Aries as AK, with an almost stationary Jupiter in Dhanu joining the Sun in Leo in Navamsha (Lagna not certain!) draws the picture of the language as vividly as the Chela tales and the flow of the language of astrology of which we discuss.

Question: How accurate can we be with the combination of Chandra Kundali and the charkaraks in the absence of known lagna?

votive
One fella with a handle (so not sure if he is a familiar astrologer with a penname ;-)) claims that with Bhrigu/Nandi nadi (and a few others ["always there are those few others!", the defiant Chela would have muttered under his breath!]) he does not need lagna and the nadi principles (some revealed by Sri R.G. Rao and recently by his disciple Mr. Naik (acquisition from a visit to the old *shrine* or one of $ji-inspirations's ashram at Rupayana in 2012) and Mr. Rayudu as some of us know...) were/are enough to figure out much of that is to be known about any nativity! He demonstrated a few such online (but this is not about him or her...!), so yes it might be possible for some to barge ahead into the rapids in a canoe! As native americans say where there are rapids, there must be a fall ahead. Now I am thinking of Niagara River before it falls in its Grand Splendour! Caveat Boater!

Only $ji probably can answer your question, purrhaps, Votive! He is in agyaatvaas!

Regards,

Ranjanda
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”