A GOOD NEWS SERMON!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Certain

Re: A GOOD NEWS SERMON!

Post by Certain » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:34 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Dada,

Sorry I did :smt003 so.

Well, soul and sole are/maybe quite similar in kaliyuga. Wish Vinay ji was here to comment. :smt003

Rishi
Is he (Vinay Jha) 'sole' expert or Kaliyuga expert?

He is certainly not a soul expert,I know that for sure.
.  :smt003

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:37 am

Certain wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Dada,

Well, soul and sole are/maybe quite similar in kaliyuga. Wish Vinay ji was here to comment. :smt003

Rishi

I don't know but one thing is sure, certain :-) When *walkers* are on fire, chiropodists and podiatrists seem like Dhanvantaris! <LOL>

Love, Light, Ligamentum whatever!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:52 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
I don't know but one thing is sure, certain :-) When *walkers* are on fire, chiropodists and podiatrists seem like Dhanvantaris! <LOL>

Love, Light, Ligamentum whatever!

Rohiniranjan
Ati uttam , Ati uttam
... Dhanvantri Pratyaksham.
or even Ashwini Kumaram 'The Celestial Physicians'.
..... :)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:10 am

Certain wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Dada,

Rishi

Well certain,

We can be experts in more than 1 field; while sole has a double meaning, Kaliyuga is different.

Since you are sure about not being the last one, let us give him the expertee in 'sole' and 'kali'.

Both sound romantic!

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:00 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Certain wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Dada,

Rishi

Well certain,

We can be experts in more than 1 field; while sole has a double meaning, Kaliyuga is different.

Since you are sure about not being the last one, let us give him the expertee in 'sole' and 'kali'.

Both sound romantic!

RishiRahul
Well sole (the part of feet that touches the "ground") has a double connotation (and this is not the ONLY word with such a prized place) since normally we each have two of, though has a flavour of uniqueness when we say, "sole cause" or 'sole expert', etc., the word soul generally means the intangible essence (atman) which is ONE, and indeed some say that there is only ONE, we do use it to mean multiplicity often times, about many things.

Many devotedly claim this or that planet as being responsible for representing the SOUL in our charts, often in a off-handed manner and then become so besotted by the concept that we begin to claim it as uncontestable truth, and the SOLE truth, and get emotionally-upset when challenged that one wonders if we are truly fit to be given the responsibility of ascribing a planet the mantle of being the SOUL! At least in astrology!

Astrology is full of such terms, connotations, claims and even superstitions?

Does it have to? Necessarily?? ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Re: A GOOD NEWS SERMON! (continues...)

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:17 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Both sound romantic!

RishiRahul
Speaking of romantic, I have heard that in many contexts, but was quite surprised many years ago when Mr. Rao (a venerable teacher of many and a celibate, yogi with a rather endearing and charming style of narrative writing, rather unique in the field of Jyotish) in his writings mentioned about the 'romantic' aspect of Jyotish. If I understood correctly, he was using the term in the context of a somewhat imaginative, slightly different from the norm or even what had been laid out in scriptures etc. Now, many individuals particularly those who insist on going by the 'letter' might snicker a bit about interpretations and applications from the norms of *tradition*, and they have perfect rights to do so in modern democratic environment, but what Mr. Rao saw and described as *romantic* (such as using Jaimini principles with Parashari nakshatra dashas for instance or utilization of vargas in innovative ways) can also be seen as means to 'fill-in the gaps'! Vargas, for instance, are almost unarguably accepted generally as critical parameters, but the scriptures are generally -- if not silent -- are rather sketchy about those or even scattered! Information is there here and there, buried in the slokas. And, of course, overriding all those speedbumps is the on-again/off-again matter of whether the ancients recommended the use of sub-D1 vargas as a chart or merely as places. In other words, if lagna is in dhanu navamsha, then makar navamsha does not automatically become the 2nd house in the D9! Or aquarius navamsha the 3rd house in the D9 chart used as an example. However, by the 'placement' folks (as opposed to the chart folks) if Jupiter is in Sagittarius navamsha or Saturn in Capricorn or aquarius navamsha, then that has significance in the given nativity. The vargottama is a similar situation, which I view as being similar to a polarizer filter utilized in the context of photography (more about that, some other time!

Utilizing Mr. Rao's context of *romantic*, one would say that Choudhury's System Approach is a romantic digression to a minor extent, whereas KP is a more obvious departure and Lal Kitab of course takes the cake (or gulab-jamun or mawabati, or raj-bhog, depending on your personal preferences) insofar as *romanticism* is concerned within the large tent of Jyotish.

I have noticed certain paternalistic, patronizing, unctorial tendencies in the more experienced astrologers. They tend to baby their students and hand out material rather cautiously. The student might be a 40 year old individual, well educated, perhaps in a profession, though new to jyotish! Why such an attitude continues to prevail or its superiority in terms of efficient education (in astrology) remains a mystery since astrology practice and education are self-regulated and kind of kept hush-hush in general! Everything by syllabus, in other words, and the syllabi seem to vary from school to school!

How unromantic...? <LOL>

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:12 pm

I've been participating in a mini-conference of spiritualists, psychics, PLR folks and those delving into the journey of the soul (through aeons!) etc and now loaded with knowledge/information/stuff about the ILLUSION of TIME (their sense and conceptualizations...?), these articles and animations entertained and *grounded* me! ;-) & <LOL>

http://earthsky.org/space/video-zoom-in ... -milky-way
http://earthsky.org/human-world/seeing- ... rent-there

Also another one about reconstruction of the landmasses beginning 600 million years ago and extending to 100 million years in future!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:I've been participating in a mini-conference of spiritualists, psychics, PLR folks and those delving into the journey of the soul (through aeons!) etc and now loaded with knowledge/information/stuff about the ILLUSION of TIME (their sense and conceptualizations...?), these articles and animations entertained and *grounded* me! ;-) & <LOL>

Also another one about reconstruction of the landmasses beginning 600 million years ago and extending to 100 million years in future!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Which one? Dada,

I mean the part highlighted in bold.
Is there a video on that?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:53 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:I've been participating in a mini-conference of spiritualists, psychics, PLR folks and those delving into the journey of the soul (through aeons!) etc and now loaded with knowledge/information/stuff about the ILLUSION of TIME (their sense and conceptualizations...?), these articles and animations entertained and *grounded* me! ;-) & <LOL>

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Which one? Dada,

I mean the part highlighted in bold.
Is there a video on that?

Rishi
Yes there is an animation, since no one was around back then and no camcorder invented back then, and even no scriptures back then even with the farthest stretch of imagination of modern men and speculations about YUGAS etc!

An interesting book by Prof. Stafford Betty that shows (using modern evidence or more specifically evidence provided by modern observations of men (and women)) that questions what currently prevailing religions insist about God, Humans, Heaven and Hell! And the other one by Chris Carter!

Interestingly so soon after Jupiter's transit that is creating such activity in Jyotish Realms!!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:23 pm

QUOTES:
(1)
Is he (Vinay Jha) 'sole' expert or Kaliyuga expert? He is certainly not a soul expert,I know that for sure. -Certain
(2)
We can be experts in more than 1 field; while sole has a double meaning, Kaliyuga is different. Since you are sure about not being the last one, let us give him the expertee in 'sole' and 'kali'. Both sound romantic! - RishiRahul
UNQUOTE

I thought knowing one's own soul (Atma-jnaana) takes many lifetimes, but I am surprised to find experts of souls of other persons in this group. &nbsp;(Only genuine spiritual Guru is given this privilege by God) ! And the moderator finds it &nbsp;"romantic" !

Rohini Da, after planetary war the victor being throned as Soul-mate (Atmakaaraka) is having high inimical aspect from the current Sole-mate. In Kaliyuga's chart for 3101 BC, Shani Maharaj was Soul-mate, sitting in Meena rasi of Feet which is afflicted by your MD planet.

Good Bye !
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:

Rohini Da, after planetary war the victor being throned as Soul-mate (Atmakaaraka) is having high inimical aspect from the current Sole-mate. In Kaliyuga's chart for 3101 BC, Shani Maharaj was Soul-mate, sitting in Meena rasi of Feet which is afflicted by your MD planet.

Good Bye !
Why such a hasty good bye, Vinay ji! You have just arrived!!
I don't think Rishirahul meant 'romantic' in the philmy sense of the much maligned, equally massacred term that sadly got tossed around in the sombre refrain of Jyotish, time and again!

Jyotish may not be poetry or romantic pursuit, but then why were all scriptures written in verse? Controlled format of verse (more difficult to write than even controlled prose!). I have always taken that to mean the need to concentrate while not getting *distracted* by what others feel, think or say!

Chara-karakatwa in my ant's understanding are about the transient, and transitory reality! Although it may last a lifetime which seems like a mountain to some nativities. If only they understood and did not get distracted from the reality that ONE bead does not a necklace make! Although they keep chanting karma karma karma incessantly! And at the same time keep plucking and distributing remedials as if they had a tree laden with same growing in their back-yard! <LOL>

Other than that, your ominous-sounding, somewhat cryptic message probably was misdirected at me or perhaps I was not allowed to concentrate on same by forces greater than me or us, etc. Or perhaps I got included because of the confusion that got created in some minds by the homophones?

Purely unintentional on my part, of course -- I thought folks were better at orthography etc :-(

Now I KNOW!

Regards,

Rohinida
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:

Good Bye !
I don't think Rishirahul meant 'romantic' in the philmy sense of the much maligned, equally massacred term that sadly got tossed around in the sombre refrain of Jyotish, time and again!

Jyotish may not be poetry or romantic pursuit, but then why were all scriptures written in verse? Controlled format of verse (more difficult to write than even controlled prose!). I have always taken that to mean the need to concentrate while not getting *distracted* by what others feel, think or say!

Chara-karakatwa in my ant's understanding are about the transient, and transitory reality! Although it may last a lifetime which seems like a mountain to some nativities. If only they understood and did not get distracted from the reality that ONE bead does not a necklace make! Although they keep chanting karma karma karma incessantly! And at the same time keep plucking and distributing remedials as if they had a tree laden with same growing in their back-yard! <LOL>

Other than that, your ominous-sounding, somewhat cryptic message probably was misdirected at me or perhaps I was not allowed to concentrate on same by forces greater than me or us, etc. Or perhaps I got included because of the confusion that got created in some minds by the homophones?

Purely unintentional on my part, of course -- I thought folks were better at orthography etc :-(

Now I KNOW!

Regards,

Rohinida

I did not mean romantic in a filmy sense at all!

To me 'Romance' is something adventurous like divinations are.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:14 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:

Good Bye !

Now I KNOW!

Regards,

Rohinida

I did not mean romantic in a filmy sense at all!

To me 'Romance' is something adventurous like divinations are.

Rishi
To a palate accustomed to bland diet, spicy samosas and soft and sweet morsels of gulab-jamuns dripping with thick syrup can be an adventure too! <LOL>

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Certain

Post by Certain » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:44 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

To a palate accustomed to bland diet, spicy samosas and soft and sweet morsels of gulab-jamuns dripping with thick syrup can be an adventure too! <LOL>

Rohiniranjan
Thanks for reminding me of all that, I succumbed to the temptation being a visual reader, I am eating all that on Friday evening now and would regret the decadence later on 'as always'.
:smt003

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:59 am

Certain wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rohiniranjan
Thanks for reminding me of all that, I succumbed to the temptation being a visual reader, I am eating all that on Friday evening now and would regret the decadence later on 'as always'.
:smt003
My sincere apologies :-(
*Above all, I meant no harm!* <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”