About B.V. Raman books

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

BlueGold

About B.V. Raman books

Post by BlueGold » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:05 pm

I need to know how many books B.V. Raman wrote?

Is there some book him about medical astrology? :smt004

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Hello BG,

Does the following webpage help to answer your question?

http://www.goodreads.com/author/list/246583.B_V_Raman

EoT  Image

Rohiniranjan

Re: About B.V. Raman books

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:38 pm

BlueGold wrote:I need to know how many books B.V. Raman wrote?

Is there some book him about medical astrology? :smt004
Hindu Predictive Astrology by BVR had a chapter on medical astrology!

His manual of Hindu Astrology (or something similar sounding) was a good primer about horoscope calculation, which I found useful when learning the craft of jyotish earlier.

See if Scribd.com has a copy (readable and downloadable usually) of the books.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

BlueGold

Post by BlueGold » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Thank you Eye of Tiger.

In his book "How to judge a horoscope vol. 1" p. 253 BV Raman refers to one of his books entitled "Medical astrology" but I did not find his book with that title.
Would like a help about it

BlueGold

Post by BlueGold » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Thank you Rohiniranjan

I'll do it

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Most of the books with a direct reference to medical astrology in their titles were written by K.S. Charak, instead of by B.V. Raman.

Example: "Essentials of Medical Astrology"

Raman seems to apply the principles of Vedic or Jyotish astrology to many different types of situations including those of a medical nature, but does not appear to have specifically written a book with that exact title that I can find through my research.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:56 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:Most of the books with a direct reference to medical astrology in their titles were written by K.S. Charak, instead of by B.V. Raman.

Raman seems to apply the principles of Vedic or Jyotish astrology to many different types of situations including those of a medical nature, but does not appear to have specifically written a book with that exact title that I can find through my research.
Actually, Dr. Jagannath Rao was probably the first medical doctor to write a book on Medical Astrology (50s 60s), then Major S. G. Khot an army major but who did meticulous research about the subject matter. Then in late 80s-early 90s came Dr. KS Charak (a delhi-based surgeon) who was a student of Mr. KN Rao.

There were books in western area too, notable one being a book of case-studies by Dr. Margaret Millard who was a medical doctor as well. She discussed cases with full birthdata etc. Fascinating to read and a wealth of medical-astrological information.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:40 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:Most of the books with a direct reference to medical astrology in their titles were written by K.S. Charak, instead of by B.V. Raman.

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Actually, Dr. Jagannath Rao was probably the first medical doctor to write a book on Medical Astrology (50s 60s), then Major S. G. Khot an army major but who did meticulous research about the subject matter. Then in late 80s-early 90s came Dr. KS Charak (a delhi-based surgeon) who was a student of Mr. KN Rao.

There were books in western area too, notable one being a book of case-studies by Dr. Margaret Millard who was a medical doctor as well. She discussed cases with full birthdata etc. Fascinating to read and a wealth of medical-astrological information.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Thank you for the additional informations, Dear Astrologers'!

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
... And more recently and particularly here, our dear J. Sandhu ji who has shared numerous posts about astrology of diseases!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:18 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
... And more recently and particularly here, our dear J. Sandhu ji who has shared numerous posts about astrology of diseases!!

Yes, thats true and informative compilations...

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=84676

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=84675

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=84506

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=84493

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

BlueGold

Thank you all

Post by BlueGold » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Thank you all, helped a lot, now I can continue my studies and advanced research on medical astrology

sandhu.jp

Body parts as per Dr BV raman.

Post by sandhu.jp » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:08 pm

Body parts as per Dr BV raman.

Body parts Ruler ship as per Dr BV Raman.
Sun--- Spleen ,heart.
Moon—Esophagus, elementary canal.
Mars- genitals, left cerebral hemisphere, red coloring matter in blood ,bone marrow, rectum.
Mercury—mercury ,right cerebral hemisphere, cerebrospinal system, bronchial tubes, ears ,tongue
Jupiter- Liver, suprarenal’s.
Venus- Throat kidneys, uterus, ovaries.
Saturn—Teeth ,skin, vagus nerve
Rahu- Pituary body.
Ketu- Pineal glands.
He said  the  above allocation is largely based on his own experience and is not exhaustive and is open to research .
( source 300 important combinations)
Success is when skill meets opportunity. Failure is when fantasy meets reality.

sandhu.jp

Post by sandhu.jp » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Dear Rohni sir,Rishi rahul ji,

I will always be indebted to Rohini Ranjan sir for i received a very precious lesson of learning astrology in a systematic and logical manner . I still remember my early days in this forum and the directions i received ,absolutely ingenious though at that time i was not able to understand his blessings disguised as somewhat critical admonishments .

Rishi ji ,
You were also there encouraging me.

Regards
Jatinder sandhu
Success is when skill meets opportunity. Failure is when fantasy meets reality.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:56 pm

sandhu.jp wrote:Dear Rohni sir,Rishi rahul ji,

I will always be indebted to Rohini Ranjan sir for i received a very precious lesson of learning astrology in a systematic and logical manner . I still remember my early days in this forum and the directions i received ,absolutely ingenious though at that time i was not able to understand his blessings disguised as somewhat critical admonishments .

Rishi ji ,

Regards
Jatinder sandhu
Dear Sandhu-ji,

I am but an ant, just a catalyst! Ma has given me urges, like She has given to all pranis (life-forms). Ants love sweets and also love to bite. What they pour in during the bite is also the chemicals that are known to be associated with growth. It causes stimulation and growth. Some detest that and curse and crush the ant. But its job is done, once it has bitten, at the behest of its natural instinct which was gifted to it by the Creator!

Now some folks treat dead ants covered with chocolates as some sort of delicacy, but they are really falling for the sweet chocolate and the dead ant is incidental and neither adds to the sweetness nor the growth-promoting (and fattening?) chocolates of sweet-talk!

Let us just say that I like your style and your substance! ;-)

Happy New Year and wishing you never-ending growth!!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

sandhu.jp

Post by sandhu.jp » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
sandhu.jp wrote:Dear Rohni sir,Rishi rahul ji,

Rishi ji ,

Regards
Jatinder sandhu
Dear Sandhu-ji,
Dear sir,
Thank you and happy new year to you and family.

Regards
Jatinder sandhu

I am but an ant, just a catalyst! Ma has given me urges, like She has given to all pranis (life-forms). Ants love sweets and also love to bite. What they pour in during the bite is also the chemicals that are known to be associated with growth. It causes stimulation and growth. Some detest that and curse and crush the ant. But its job is done, once it has bitten, at the behest of its natural instinct which was gifted to it by the Creator!

Now some folks treat dead ants covered with chocolates as some sort of delicacy, but they are really falling for the sweet chocolate and the dead ant is incidental and neither adds to the sweetness nor the growth-promoting (and fattening?) chocolates of sweet-talk!

Let us just say that I like your style and your substance! ;-)

Happy New Year and wishing you never-ending growth!!

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”