D-2 Lyer Chart

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

APL4444

D-2 Lyer Chart

Post by APL4444 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Lately, I have found at least a few astrologers are using the LYER version of the D-2 chart. Do any of you know anything about it?

How can I obtain a copy of it? It seems that the "Kala"(?) software generates this kind of chart. I don't have such software.

Vault of Heavens generates a D2 Lyer Chart. However they Tropical-Vedic Astrology. I am looking for a Traditional Vedic D2 Lyer chart.

Thank you very much in advance for any one of you can provide,

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Iyer or Lyer version?

Of course, I do not have any clue.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:15 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Iyer or Lyer version?

RishiRahul
I took it to mean Seshadri Iyer! Must have been a typo that the member made! <LOL>

add: I sent him/her a few links privately since some of them could have been commercial sites. If interested in learning about Iyer, and his methodology (very interesting!) I'd be happy to send those to you by pm and then you can decide to release those in public forum if you see no objections from MB policies!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:18 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul
I took it to mean Seshadri Iyer! Must have been a typo that the member made! <LOL>

add: I sent him/her a few links privately since some of them could have been commercial sites. If interested in learning about Iyer, and his methodology (very interesting!) I'd be happy to send those to you by pm and then you can decide to release those in public forum if you see no objections from MB policies!

PVR Narasimha Rao adds that ..You can get Iyer's teaching of D-2 chart by picking "Parivritti dwaya (bicyclical) hora" in JHora.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:37 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

RishiRahul

PVR Narasimha Rao adds that ..You can get Iyer's teaching of D-2 chart by picking "Parivritti dwaya (bicyclical) hora" in JHora.

RishiRahul
Never looked! But I do have trust in Narasimha and one of the others whom he drew-in and who he graciously incorporated in his software.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:10 am

Rishi Ji is correct ("PVR Narasimha Rao adds that ..You can get Iyer's teaching of D-2 chart by picking "Parivritti dwaya (bicyclical) hora" in JHora.")

Iyer Ji used BPHS method, although the popular method and not the difficult and rarely used original method.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:Rishi Ji is correct ("PVR Narasimha Rao adds that ..You can get Iyer's teaching of D-2 chart by picking "Parivritti dwaya (bicyclical) hora" in JHora.")

Iyer Ji used BPHS method, although the popular method and not the difficult and rarely used original method.

VJ
Jyotish has become such a veritable "witches cauldron" with so many versions and interpretations, and sub-interpretations, and sub-sub interpretations that I shall be surprised if some creative genius does not show us why the five levels of dasas are inadequate and comes up with yet another new, unfathomed series of levels that could put even the blessed cesium clock to shame!

And who knows, maybe someone already has, even before we could imagine!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Vinay Jha wrote:Rishi Ji is correct ("PVR Narasimha Rao adds that ..You can get Iyer's teaching of D-2 chart by picking "Parivritti dwaya (bicyclical) hora" in JHora.")

VJ
Jyotish has become such a veritable "witches cauldron" with so many versions and interpretations, and sub-interpretations, and sub-sub interpretations that I shall be surprised if some creative genius does not show us why the five levels of dasas are inadequate and comes up with yet another new, unfathomed series of levels that could put even the blessed cesium clock to shame!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Yes,without multiple factors Jyotish, and even the study of birthcharts become difficult.

One of the multiple factors are Vimshottari dasa & its divisions till sookshma, prana & Deha dasas.

Sookshma etc can be safely used when charts are rectified with very accurate birth times, but their dependability still becomes questionable.

Of course, one may try to 'fit in' events to it; and somehow fitting in things are possible most often/less often (that is: oftentimes).

My take is to understand, separate & accept the predictive boundaries of every multiple factor; and not extend application to more than practical.
While understanding them takes time & experience; separating & accepting them requires us in not getting emotionally involved & unnecessarily stuck to the single factor.

Returning to vimshottari dasa divisions, I, personally use the dasa and antardasa with 95-100% safety; the rest less dependably; but again do not argue that may too work with safety.

Others may also pls respond with their takes........

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:02 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

VJ

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Yes,without multiple factors Jyotish, and even the study of birthcharts become difficult.

One of the multiple factors are Vimshottari dasa & its divisions till sookshma, prana & Deha dasas.

Sookshma etc can be safely used when charts are rectified with very accurate birth times, but their dependability still becomes questionable.

Of course, one may try to 'fit in' events to it; and somehow fitting in things are possible most often/less often (that is: oftentimes).

My take is to understand, separate & accept the predictive boundaries of every multiple factor; and not extend application to more than practical.
While understanding them takes time & experience; separating & accepting them requires us in not getting emotionally involved & unnecessarily stuck to the single factor.

Returning to vimshottari dasa divisions, I, personally use the dasa and antardasa with 95-100% safety; the rest less dependably; but again do not argue that may too work with safety.

Rishi
So, what exactly is this Iyer's R2D2 concoction? How is it constructed?? This is a question for the OP as well as followers.

Iyer was a prolific author (assuming we are talking about Seshadri) and introduced and ported several techniques into natal from other areas and applications of jyotish. Great man!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

VJ

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Dada,

Rishi
So, what exactly is this Iyer's R2D2 concoction? How is it constructed?? This is a question for the OP as well as followers.

Iyer was a prolific author (assuming we are talking about Seshadri) and introduced and ported several techniques into natal from other areas and applications of jyotish. Great man!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
What is R2D2?
What is OP?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:19 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...
What is R2D2?
What is OP?

Rishi
Rashi 2 (4&5), Division 2 &nbsp;(BPHS Hora); also a robot in Star-Wars

Original Poster: Presumably a human and not some software-bot (automated thread initiating entity -- as seen on internet) that posts the first question in an internet thread! &nbsp;:smt003
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
What is R2D2?
What is OP?

Rishi
Rashi 2 (4&5), Division 2  (BPHS Hora); also a robot in Star-Wars

Original Poster: Presumably a human and not some software-bot (automated thread initiating entity -- as seen on internet) that posts the first question in an internet thread!  :smt003
R2D2 still sounds quite perfect like a later age star wars mini robot's name :)

Lets hope the original poster responds; even if he doesnt lets hope the thread carries on.

Regarding R2D2, I checked up BPHS vol2.
Or are you talking of BPHS vol 1, chapter 4 on hora & chapter 5 on special lagnas? :smt017

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:46 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
What is R2D2?
What is OP?

Rishi
Rashi 2 (4&5), Division 2  (BPHS Hora); also a robot in Star-Wars

Original Poster: Presumably a human and not some software-bot (automated thread initiating entity -- as seen on internet) that posts the first question in an internet thread!  :smt003
R2D2 still sounds quite perfect like a later age star wars mini robot's name :)

Lets hope the original poster responds; even if he doesnt lets hope the thread carries on.

Regarding R2D2, I checked up BPHS vol2.
Or are you talking of BPHS vol 1, chapter 4 on hora & chapter 5 on special lagnas? :smt017

Rishi
Like ayanamsha, the commercially-available editions of BPHS do contain references to a few important attributes used by many jyotishi-astrologers, that are very different. A case in point being the lunar nodes... ;-)

Anyways, let OP come back.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”