Loss of wife and Phaldeepika.

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: The moral implications of our beliefs

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:34 pm

mysbcrs wrote: ...

For opportunists and excuse seekers, Jyotish is just another "legitimate" source of excuse. Fortunately (?) the number of excuse seekrs who also know jyotish would be small enough to be inconsequential especially if you look for knowledge of Jyotish to pre-exist before they get into their devous acts!

But assuming one is not an opportunist and an excuse seeker but truly believes that the planets and the chart "mandate" him/her into undesirable acts, the silver lining is the fact that Jyothish also says that appropriate results of karma shall follow! Fruits of Venus_mars "instigated" karma will not be borne by Venus-Mars but by the native.

Nine planets, not counting the small handfuls of upagrahas and sahams (those who wish to use these mid- and other points), are simply inadequate for keeping tab of what seven billion human beings are variously engaged in! So, even instigated is probably too strong a word ;-) Now, mind you, there are some who hold on to the belief that they can utilize astrology to be able to correlate with each minute of the day (and night) in the lives of anyone as long as accurate birth-time is known, but is that even possible? I do not know, I have not seen and you know about my reservations towards anecdotal evidence! ;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:44 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear EoT,

To my meagre knowledge, the Christian Faith (Churches and their priests, etc) does not allow its faithfuls to utilize any form of divination including astrology (not just Vedic but all forms of astrology)! So, really, much of Mystic Board would be facing some or the other problem with Christian beliefs and also the beliefs of a few other monotheistic religions.

As to 'excuses' for rationalizing ones immoral actions, etc, human beings tend to be very resourceful and utilize other means, motives and reasons/reasonings to justify all that. And, it is not a west vs east situation. It is a GLOBAL tendency! Of human beings!!

I do not subscribe that planets in (any) astrology force or make human beings do or don't do anything. Folks have had many fate vs freewill type discussions over the years here and elsewhere. Some side with this, others with that, some sit on the fence! After all, this reality you speak of, at least to my visual ability, is hardly Black or White, but very Grey! Not even the 18% Grey that photographers here will have a chuckle over!!

Anyways, don't wish to get into this perpetuum mobile (or immobile)! And, of course, I am not the spokesperson for Jyotish or any of the other things discussed on MB, just speaking for myself! ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Clearly there is a wide range of different opinions even among Christians themselves as to whether astrology is compatible with their religious beliefs.

See "What does the Bible say about astrology or the zodiac? Is astrology something a Christian should study?"

http://www.gotquestions.org/astrology-Bible.html

Contrast that with the following webpage...........

"Catholic Astrology"
Christian Astrology is the practice of observing the skies and reading what God has written there, as we were so commanded by Jesus of Nazareth, whom we believe to be the Christ, the Son of God, and the Messiah of this world.

And there will be signs in the sun and in the moon and in the stars,  Luke 21:25
http://christianastrologers.com/WhatisC ... ology.html

"The Vedic Astrology Chart of Jesus Christ"

http://ayurastro.com/jesus/VErising.png

EoT

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:45 am

Dear EoT,

I am not surprised that there would be different interpretations for any ancient writing and particularly where translation is involved and several versions exist, as I believe is true for The Holy Bible and other scriptural writings. This is seen in the case of Jyotish as well, although strictly speaking, jyotish is not a religious subject, per se, or defines a religion.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Re: The moral implications of our beliefs

Post by mysbcrs » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:59 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote: ...

For opportunists and excuse seekers, Jyotish is just another "legitimate" source of excuse. Fortunately (?) the number of excuse seekrs who also know jyotish would be small enough to be inconsequential especially if you look for knowledge of Jyotish to pre-exist before they get into their devous acts!

But assuming one is not an opportunist and an excuse seeker but truly believes that the planets and the chart "mandate" him/her into undesirable acts, the silver lining is the fact that Jyothish also says that appropriate results of karma shall follow! Fruits of Venus_mars "instigated" karma will not be borne by Venus-Mars but by the native.

Nine planets, not counting the small handfuls of upagrahas and sahams (those who wish to use these mid- and other points), are simply inadequate for keeping tab of what seven billion human beings are variously engaged in! So, even instigated is probably too strong a word ;-) Now, mind you, there are some who hold on to the belief that they can utilize astrology to be able to correlate with each minute of the day (and night) in the lives of anyone as long as accurate birth-time is known, but is that even possible? I do not know, I have not seen and you know about my reservations towards anecdotal evidence! ;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Ha ha :)
CRS

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:52 am

There is no need of seven billion planets to take stock of seven billion humans. Nine planets are more than enough for this task, in the following manner.

There are twelve houses in sixteen divisionals, which give rise to 150 distinct divisions of any sign (excluding 135 shared divisions, which are shared by more than one divisional chart). These 150 distinct compartments of a sign in all shodasha vargas are known as Nadis.

Rahu and Ketu change houses simultaneously. Hence nine planets have only eight permutations due to planets. 150 Nadis raised to the power eight is the maximum number of combinations all planets can give. Hence, the maximum number of distinct horoscopes is 150 raised to the power 8.

This number is huge. Divide it with 84 lakh species, we get 30.5 billions as the maximum number in one specie.

Let the astrological DNA of a Jeeva have "n" number of constituents. Then, the maximum number of uniques creatures in one specia will be equal to "Factorial-n" (written as "n!"  by mathematicians). The maximum permissible number for n is 13 because 13! is 6.227 billions, which 14! is over 87 billions. 14!, therefore, is ruled out by astrological considerations as shown above.

13 is the actual number of constituents in any Jeeva according to ancient Saamkhya-yoga philosophy. 13-karanas make up the kaarana-shareera, which is the permanent (till Moksha)  subtle body for transmigration.

Thus, there is no need of 7 billion planets.

Demographers have only estimates, even censuses in developing nations are not held properly. Hence, it will take some time to realize that human population can NEVER exceed 6227 million mark.

In 2001, Times of India had exposed the fraud in India's census in its lead news on fron page by showing that the numbers in 5-15 age group in 1991 should have decreased in 2001, but the number in 15-25 age group in 2001 was reported to be 25 million more that that in 5-15 group ten years ago !!
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:58 am

So, Vinay ji, does this mean that planets actually *make us do* and therefore are really responsible for our Karma and karmic gains and dues? Modern Kaliyugis would certainly welcome such a stance because they like to run away from personal responsibilities and would love to blame planets as evidently many seem to do.

e.g., Shanidev does not want me to work and makes me lazy; mangal dev caused my illness and rahu botched up my surgery, etc etc.

If that indeed is the case, then May God help the Human race!!

Regards,

RJ
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:...

In 2001, Times of India had exposed the fraud in India's census in its lead news on fron page by showing that the numbers in 5-15 age group in 1991 should have decreased in 2001, but the number in 15-25 age group in 2001 was reported to be 25 million more that that in 5-15 group ten years ago !!
Evidently, the 25-40 age-group had been more productive than before in that decade and actually even before that and the 0-4 years old (1991) had been growing older and adding to the 5-15 *pool*. What were the census counts/estimates for 0-4 (0 being the number of expectant mothers) in 1991 and in 2001. Might have some interesting information and show some hints of a trend...?

RJ
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Dada, You are misinterpreting my message. Anyone in 5-15 age group in 1991 must be in the age group 15-25 ten years later. Due to death of some members of that group, number of survivors in that group should have decreased, but it increased by 25 millions, which prove that census data do not represent facts. Actually, our supposedly brilliant bureaucracy is expert in only one field : scams. In my non-astrological lectures in seminars, I never miss to highlight the necessity to disband entire bureaucracy and replace it with technocracy.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:28 pm

I am neither defending demographics nor endorsing this reported survey! So many factors could change. The survey methodology, the response of respondents, death rate, and a bunch of other factors. I am not familiar with bureaucratic scams (nature and extent) in India, but I thought that with the new change in government and so on, there is room for hope and for looking forward, not backward!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:26 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:I am neither defending demographics nor endorsing this reported survey! So many factors could change. The survey methodology, the response of respondents, death rate, and a bunch of other factors. I am not familiar with bureaucratic scams (nature and extent) in India, but I thought that with the new change in government and so on, there is room for hope and for looking forward, not backward!
And not to mention illegal immigrants, "pseudo" persons (gas connection, ration quota ....)  :)
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:08 am

mysbcrs wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:I am neither defending demographics nor endorsing this reported survey! So many factors could change. The survey methodology, the response of respondents, death rate, and a bunch of other factors. I am not familiar with bureaucratic scams (nature and extent) in India, but I thought that with the new change in government and so on, there is room for hope and for looking forward, not backward!
And not to mention illegal immigrants, "pseudo" persons (gas connection, ration quota ....)  :)
Love, Light & REALITY! ;-)

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Yes, I am also hopeful.

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:03 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:5th house says lover or life partner who was coming from many life times. When 7th lord is weak and 5th lord is powerful then this combination tells after separation from husband and then join with eternal lover.
This is a curiosity-driven question which has arisen a few times in my mind. Perhaps you might be able to help me out. Where does this concept of associating 'lover' with the fifth house? Or love-affairs, simply put??

I have seen this concept prevalent in western traditional and 'renovated' version thereof, but does jyotish traditionally utilize or attach this particular and for many a rather important reason for seeking astrological help?

Maybe you or others might have some advice to share.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Cannot say about past life anyways; but I have noticed that affliction to the 5th. house has led to disastrous love affairs.

For love affairs I would say its the 5th. house and venus.
I noticed this often in varshaphal charts too, so I feel sure.

In a natives life we get 1 chart only to experiment on, but several several varshapahal charts to work on.

RishiRahul
I was not curious about or questioning the concept actually, but curious about its source! Other than importation from western tropical astrology into indian astrology?

Thanks!

Rohiniranjan
From modern world people, I had found 5th house, 5th Lord and Venus play important role in love life, lot of times, love or romance than sex. People who have power in these 3 areas (5th house, 5th Lord and Venus) search spiritual lover, which is not attached to physical bond or conventional marriage. They say they have someone who was coming from past life times. In this case 7th house or 7th lord stay in separated level as conventional marriage. Above people are not satisfied from marriage.
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:5th house says lover or life partner who was coming from many life times. When 7th lord is weak and 5th lord is powerful then this combination tells after separation from husband and then join with eternal lover.
This is a curiosity-driven question which has arisen a few times in my mind. Perhaps you might be able to help me out. Where does this concept of associating 'lover' with the fifth house? Or love-affairs, simply put??

I have seen this concept prevalent in western traditional and 'renovated' version thereof, but does jyotish traditionally utilize or attach this particular and for many a rather important reason for seeking astrological help?

Maybe you or others might have some advice to share.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Cannot say about past life anyways; but I have noticed that affliction to the 5th. house has led to disastrous love affairs.

For love affairs I would say its the 5th. house and venus.
I noticed this often in varshaphal charts too, so I feel sure.

In a natives life we get 1 chart only to experiment on, but several several varshapahal charts to work on.

RishiRahul
I was not curious about or questioning the concept actually, but curious about its source! Other than importation from western tropical astrology into indian astrology?

Thanks!

Rohiniranjan
From modern world people, I had found 5th house, 5th Lord and Venus play important role in love life, lot of times, love or romance than sex. People who have power in these 3 areas (5th house, 5th Lord and Venus) search spiritual lover, which is not attached to physical bond or conventional marriage. They say they have someone who was coming from past life times. In this case 7th house or 7th lord stay in separated level as conventional marriage. Above people are not satisfied from marriage.
Thanks. Nothing wrong with accepting and giving importance to such observations that we divinators make all along our individual paths! The books and sources that we have are far far less than complete and so if observations are made with a pure motive and a calm, somewhat dispassionate mind, those are worthy of attention and are worth holding on to.

RJ
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”