Solar Eclipse: What it means for us?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

moksha8

Solar Eclipse: What it means for us?

Post by moksha8 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:54 pm

So I have been reading...there is supposed to be a solar eclipse in Pisces on March 20th. So what exactly happens during and after a solar eclipse? What sort of energy does one feel from this occurrence?

I have my moon in Pisces and this is a very very important few weeks of my life. Naturally I am a bit concerned. But I would like to know more about this astrological phenomenon and its effects on us.

Any lecture, advice, and anything else is welcome. I am looking for a knowledgeable discussion.

Thanks guys!

Rohiniranjan

Re: Solar Eclipse: What it means for us?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:03 pm

moksha8 wrote:So I have been reading...there is supposed to be a solar eclipse in Pisces on March 20th. So what exactly happens during and after a solar eclipse? What sort of energy does one feel from this occurrence?

I have my moon in Pisces and this is a very very important few weeks of my life. Naturally I am a bit concerned. But I would like to know more about this astrological phenomenon and its effects on us.

Any lecture, advice, and anything else is welcome. I am looking for a knowledgeable discussion.

Thanks guys!

Hello Moksha,

One way to study this rather intriguing matter is to study the life stories of individuals who were born at or around eclipses. There are prevailing thoughts that human births do not take place close to ecliptial epoches as well as the moment of sunrise and sunset. I have asked many, searched as best as I could but the few charts I managed to find had questions about accuracy of birth (third and fourth and fifth party information, conveyed to me, so I cannot rely on those!).

Eclipses are powerful, predictable and visible phenomena and so the human mind gets rather impressed by those and the human imagination soars and paints many gloomy pictures. The ultra-positive minds visualize in eclipses some sort of moment prior to dawn, a new rising, new beginning (once the eclipse is over, that is! ;-)). The religious have a list of DOs and DON'Ts and some vehemently claim that the body, notably digestion comes to a standstill, etc etc.

Notable astrologers, have associated eclipses with influences affecting communities, nations, people etc and have utilized the gems given in Varahamihira's illustrious tome on mundane astrology to make successful predictions.

One is advised not to go outside the house and not to look at the eclipse. The latter as any grade school child knows is particularly meaningful in the case of solar eclipses! The ancient and modern reasonings for this, differ.

If visibility and blocking of the sun's disk by moon is the issue, then we all experience such blockage daily during night. Obviously, this is not what matters.

As in many things pertaining to jyotish, which is believed to be based on symbolisms and their interpretations, the latter is where the problem exists. Interpretations differ, because the knowledge, education, experiential and other backgrounds and modalities of approaches differ and so we are blessed with munde munde mati bhinna!

If you like what you have read so far, then make a beginning. Since you are pisces and interested-concerned about the upcoming eclipse, observe and note down what happens or occurs around the ecliptial epoch. Then, or before that, try to recall what happened during a period of 6 months before the eclipse; continue to note down the next 6 months. I have heard both 6 weeks and 6 months as being the ORB of time during which eclipses have been claimed to produce their effects.

Likewise, observe similarly for future eclipses and investigate past eclipses vis-a-vis those with the signs, nakshatra etc prominent in charts which hosted or will be hosting these eclipses.

Or you can take the easy route and just rely on all kinds of effects that folks would love to tell you, anecdotally or memorized/copied/pasted from available writings on eclipses.

It all depends on how critical you are in accepting, or how important knowing about eclipses really is for you or how persistent you are in following up these questions and curiosities that Jyotish sure can dole out in boat-fulls!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Solar Eclipse: What it means for us?

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:47 pm

moksha8 wrote:So I have been reading...there is supposed to be a solar eclipse in Pisces on March 20th. So what exactly happens during and after a solar eclipse? What sort of energy does one feel from this occurrence?

Thanks guys!
Solar eclipses are known to affect birth chart of countries, more than natal charts.

When it occurs on 20 March 2015 here is a 4 planet conjunction in Pisces, happening due to Mars, Ketu, Moon and Sun.
Whatever Pisces stands for individuals may be more or less affected/under some stress depending upon other factors in individual charts.

RishiRahul

moksha8

Post by moksha8 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Good stuff folks. Thank you very much for replying. Rohiniranjanji -- that is a very well explained post. I will keep thinking about it. Thanks Rishirahulji as well. Well, I will note down the before and after effects and see where it leads me. I am very much interested in the philosophy involved here.

Anyway, I am in the tenure-track job market after my PhD and the eclipse occurs in my sixth house from the ascendant; maybe the energy will go out of my competitors and they will be eclipsed..lol. And with it happening on my rashi, maybe my mind, self, and relationships will suffer because of the energy I am putting into the completion of a PhD and getting a tenure-track?

It is always the play of energies right? One thing shines at the cost of the other?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:26 pm

moksha8 wrote:Good stuff folks. Thank you very much for replying. Rohiniranjanji -- that is a very well explained post. I will keep thinking about it. Thanks Rishirahulji as well. Well, I will note down the before and after effects and see where it leads me. I am very much interested in the philosophy involved here.

Anyway, I am in the tenure-track job market after my PhD and the eclipse occurs in my sixth house from the ascendant; maybe the energy will go out of my competitors and they will be eclipsed..lol. And with it happening on my rashi, maybe my mind, self, and relationships will suffer because of the energy I am putting into the completion of a PhD and getting a tenure-track?

It is always the play of energies right? One thing shines at the cost of the other?
Please don't worry and stress yourself out about factors that are beyond your control. Such as eclipses or other things. And certainly it is too near for you to learn and figure out the astrological angle (excuse?) ;-) Just work hard and with fierce dedication and you will find that *energies* have a heart and soul too! The positive vibes once convinced of the purity and dedication of intent often step-in and thwart the negative energies. Isn't that prayer and praying that I have just described in an energetic way? ;-)

Purity and dedication and being optimistic are the best way to be in touch with what some describe as God. There is only one and lives within all of us. No fanciful descriptions of the Simplicity is really needed nor necessary!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

moksha8

Post by moksha8 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:18 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Please don't worry and stress yourself out about factors that are beyond your control. Such as eclipses or other things. And certainly it is too near for you to learn and figure out the astrological angle (excuse?) ;-) Just work hard and with fierce dedication and you will find that *energies* have a heart and soul too! The positive vibes once convinced of the purity and dedication of intent often step-in and thwart the negative energies. Isn't that prayer and praying that I have just described in an energetic way? ;-)

Purity and dedication and being optimistic are the best way to be in touch with what some describe as God. There is only one and lives within all of us. No fanciful descriptions of the Simplicity is really needed nor necessary!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
This is a Wonderful thought with a capital W. Simply wonderful. Purity, dedication and good thoughts! Loveable and enlightening indeed Rohiniranjanji. I am so glad I came to this forum. The philosopher in me wants to embrace this and never let go. The man in me is always vacillating....as you can imagine. Very very nicely said. I am going to think positive! And if I get offers from good Univ, will let you know.

Harnessing good thoughts is the name of the game along with fierce dedication.

My notepad is ready for this eclipse; I will have good thoughts and an analytical mind as well...haha.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:11 am

moksha8 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
This is a Wonderful thought with a capital W. Simply wonderful. Purity, dedication and good thoughts! Loveable and enlightening indeed Rohiniranjanji. I am so glad I came to this forum. The philosopher in me wants to embrace this and never let go. The man in me is always vacillating....as you can imagine. Very very nicely said. I am going to think positive! And if I get offers from good Univ, will let you know.

Harnessing good thoughts is the name of the game along with fierce dedication.

My notepad is ready for this eclipse; I will have good thoughts and an analytical mind as well...haha.
You missed the most important part! See above!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

moksha8

Post by moksha8 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:05 am

No Rohiniranjanji-- that was the point that I had been thinking about when I wrote my reply; just did not express it though....like the first draft of my dissertation when I tried to make my points without expressing them properly and in most cases, didn't express them at all.... :smt003

But staying with my original query about energy per se, I have a question. When a person is born during a solar eclipse, what sort of repercussions can be expected? In my layman terms, I am thinking that if the moon is the mind, it is eclipsing the soul (the sun)? Since sun is the purveyor of light and life, life itself is being eclipsed? But by the mind? Mother? Mother is eclipsing the father? But the moon must be combusted as well. So both the mother and father are being afflicted? The mind is eclipsing the soul or life-force, and the life-force is combusting the mind? And now we have Mars and Ketu present as well.

Again, this has got nothing to do with me ....I am just curious as to how you would interpret the eclipse in astrological or philosophical terms?

Thanks in advance
:)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:21 am

moksha8 wrote:No Rohiniranjanji-- that was the point that I had been thinking about when I wrote my reply; just did not express it though....like the first draft of my dissertation when I tried to make my points without expressing them properly and in most cases, didn't express them at all.... :smt003

But staying with my original query about energy per se, I have a question. When a person is born during a solar eclipse, what sort of repercussions can be expected? In my layman terms, I am thinking that if the moon is the mind, it is eclipsing the soul (the sun)? Since sun is the purveyor of light and life, life itself is being eclipsed? But by the mind? Mother? Mother is eclipsing the father? But the moon must be combusted as well. So both the mother and father are being afflicted? The mind is eclipsing the soul or life-force, and the life-force is combusting the mind? And now we have Mars and Ketu present as well.

Again, this has got nothing to do with me ....I am just curious as to how you would interpret the eclipse in astrological or philosophical terms?

Thanks in advance
:)
Okay! Fantastic!! :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”