Kashinath Hora

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:30 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:****************************************************
"Starting from Mesha in rasi chart, in D-2 we will get these deities in 24 horas of D-2 representing the entire rasi chart :-

Sun-Moon-Moon-Sun-Sun-Moon-Moon-Sun- Sun-Moon-Moon-Sun-Sun-Moon-Moon-Sun-Sun-Moon-Moon-Sun- Sun-Moon-Moon-Sun

and their signs in D-2 will be thus (numbers of signs used, e.g., 1 for Mesha, 2 for Vrish, etc):-

1-2-4-3-5-6-8-7-9-10-12-11-1-2-4-3-5-6-8-7-9-10-12-11 "

====================================================
But this is exactly what I had been using, without me dubbing or attaching mine or anyone's name with this. This has been mentioned rather clearly in the other two D2 threads! I have found this quite useful in my work.........
Rohiniranjan
Thanks Da. I do not know why so many new names have cropped up. I tested many types of D-2 in past, and settled on this Parashari Hora. I have excluded KH from my software because I do not want to bombard users with wrong types, but if someone wants to experiment then JHora has options, and Kundalee software also has a link for sending its birth data automatically to JHora and automatically open JHora with that data. JHora is the best software for experimenters.

VJ
Install JHora and set  'Preferences' >'Related to Calculations' >'Set Calcualation Options as recommended by Vinay Jha' for using Suryasiddhanta. OR
Download Kundalee: http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:36 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Looks like I was on the right track with the KH.

Great! Thanks!!

Can you explain with your coordinates what you found? with some explanations

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Vinay Jha wrote: ...
Thanks Da. I do not know why so many new names have cropped up. I tested many types of D-2 in past, and settled on this Parashari Hora. I have excluded KH from my software because I do not want to bombard users with wrong types, but if someone wants to experiment then JHora has options, and Kundalee software also has a link for sending its birth data automatically to JHora and automatically open JHora with that data. JHora is the best software for experimenters.

VJ
You are very welcome!
I did not think too much of the naming thing, really. I think it was being used by folks just as a convenience and of course in the case of Kashinath Hora it was for attribution since it was a bit different interpretation from what one would gather from BPHS.

While like you I am too of the personal opinion that we must FIRST follow BPHS, but the fact remains that BPHS itself has different versions with slokas numbered differently and pieces missing etc (Sharma vs Santhanam vs Jha, for instance -- Santhanam being the MOST conspicuously different). So, I tend to not be too dismissive about differences.

The above are translator-differences, but there are differences between original authors too, as you know. Case in point is the ashtakavarga bindus given by Parashara vs Varahmihira, both respectable authorities as deemed by many jyotishis.

With older texts, many of which began as oral renditions and then got scribed much much later, and then massaged variably by following generations of astro-scholars, there are bound to be differences. This is why jyotishis should not shirk away from the responsibility to test dicta. There is nothing disrespectful with that, in my opinion.

That said, different naming conventions for the same thing does create confusion and in that light your protest and discomfort with 'names' is fully justified.

We must also remember that what we discuss here on MB is wider-spectrum and definitely not something that would be rigorous like the deliberations of a standards committee. As it stands, very few folks really participate and we all are reasonably experienced and cautious to not follow all that is shared here, blindly. The beginners, if any, are here just for free readings (for right or wrong reasons) but then as soon as they get a reading they begin questioning it and trying to show-off their meagre understanding of jyotish and waste more of the time of serious jyotishis. That kind of behaviour really gets my goat, although I am a very mild and tolerant person, generally.

Sorry, did not mean to blow off steam :-(

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”