Convergence...?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: Convergence...?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:53 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...
But isnt attaching Astrology to religious scriptures good marketing?

In the present age of Marketing, everything needs to be marketed, even Astrology.
Now if one attaches astrology with religious scriptures it attracts INTEREST easily.
Fortunately, every science or craft is simple, provided one is able to grasp its logic properly.... Yes, true.

Rishi
Must confess that these two statements of yours bothered me. Bothered me enough to address again!
Why must this be so? Particularly in modern times when religion is increasingly becoming a divisive force! Those who are insisting upon wrapping the divinatory craft that jyotish always has been, presumably, with religious epithets and fences and boundaries are possibly turning away or even turning off many younger individuals. So, it is rather short-sighted a practice!

It is more a turn-off and away than an attractant! And it promotes superstition and magical thinking that runs counter to what Jyotish is about: raising hope, expectation-management and a move towards spiritual awareness as opposed to narrow confined thinking!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

In the present age of Marketing, everything needs to be marketed, even Astrology.
Now if one attaches astrology with religious scriptures it attracts INTEREST easily.
Fortunately, every science or craft is simple, provided one is able to grasp its logic properly.... Yes, true.

Rishi
Must confess that these two statements of yours bothered me. Bothered me enough to address again!
Why must this be so? Particularly in modern times when religion is increasingly becoming a divisive force! Those who are insisting upon wrapping the divinatory craft that jyotish always has been, presumably, with religious epithets and fences and boundaries are possibly turning away or even turning off many younger individuals. So, it is rather short-sighted a practice!

It is more a turn-off and away than an attractant! And it promotes superstition and magical thinking that runs counter to what Jyotish is about: raising hope, expectation-management and a move towards spiritual awareness as opposed to narrow confined thinking!

I am aware that its a myopic vision in the long run, considering the progressive intelligent newer generations taking over with time.

Also that people find it easier to believe/accept divination crafts  as 'Divine'.
And Divine is God; while God has been attached to religion :smt003.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:55 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

I am aware that its a myopic vision in the long run, considering the progressive intelligent newer generations taking over with time.

Also that people find it easier to believe/accept divination crafts  as 'Divine'.

Rishi
God has been Omnipresent -- All religions believe that?
Humans have not been so -- We know that as well. Right?
Ergo:
While religion has always required for its existence God/Gods
God has never required religion in order to exist! ;-)

There are lot of people who believe/accept divination, but are not necessary religious in a dogmatic manner. All religions are dogmas that are accepted within a given fold of human conglomerations.

Jyotish (divination) is transcendental and works equally well for different religious folds, including atheists!

So, you are playing with semantics with the divine-divination etc, a term originally created by those of religious persuasion, perhaps! One might as well have called it Cosmic SYMB-I-OLOGY (Cosmos+Symbolism+Biology)? By the way that is a trademarked term! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Rishi
Ergo:
Rishi= True; but everything was created out of 'Need' or 'Requirement'

There are lot of people who believe/accept divination, but are not necessary religious in a dogmatic manner. All religions are dogmas that are accepted within a given fold of human conglomerations.

Jyotish (divination) is transcendental and works equally well for different religious folds, including atheists!
Rishi=I wonder if people realise this!
Jyotish (divination) gives insight into the lives of people and even predict time.
Something like Magic or God probably; like the 3rd. eye on the temple of a person (above the normal eyes) (two eyes=Earth; third eye=God)

So, you are playing with semantics with the divine-divination etc, a term originally created by those of religious persuasion, perhaps! One might as well have called it Cosmic SYMB-I-OLOGY (Cosmos+Symbolism+Biology)? By the way that is a trademarked term! ;-)

:)
Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:55 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Rishi
Ergo:
Rishi= True; but everything was created out of 'Need' or 'Requirement'
RR: Whose needs, Rishi? Those of the self-appointed shepherds or those of their flock?

Rishi=I wonder if people realise this!
Jyotish (divination) gives insight into the lives of people and even predict time.
Something like Magic or God probably; like the 3rd. eye on the temple of a person (above the normal eyes) (two eyes=Earth; third eye=God)

RR: Wrong anatomical reference, dear friend! Third eye is in the forehead region, while temple(s) are on the side of the head above the ears! ;-) &nbsp;Interestingly, the term is derived from 'TIME' (tempus, temporal etc) where the temporal lobe of the brain is, a region related with hallucinations, including the religious kind! And forced (thok-peet) symbolisms...<LOL>

:)
Rishi

{see my responses in red prefaced by RR:}

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”