Libido_grast-libidinous-mars...!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Libido_grast-libidinous-mars...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 am

Every so often folks share their understanding about the abused poster-child of jyotish: Mangal Dosh (martian blemish)!

It is not new as misinterpreted tenets go but on internet seem to be more visible in all sorts of fora that embrace discussions about astrology and jyotish.

In their haste, possibly influenced by western and eastern astrological symbolism churning in their heads, folks end up associating mars with indicator for libido, even in a pure sexual - physical sense, and not the psychological label that libido represents.

Then there are those that begin associating mars blemish (mars in 12, 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 in a chart. Some variations of house assignments exist, as well as conditional disclaimers based on mars being in this or that sign. Also the considerations of Saturn, moon, venus, etc in certain usage, but let us keep it simple!). Strictly speaking, mars dosha (blemish) does not directly cause problems per se, but comes alive (or meant to, anyways) only when matrimonial matchings are done. Nothing to do with libido, for which certain kootas etc are sometimes implicated. We are not messing with that, here, either!)

In all these astro-drummings (like the *beat* to chase a tiger out of the jungle during Corbett's tiger hunting days before he turned into a pacifist and began photographing the tigers rather than shooting them with his guns), the poor venus, also known as shukra a jyotish indicator of semen, potential fertility, libido, remains forlorn to one side!

So, all good folks who happen to have the mars dosha in their charts, please stop worrying! Most of you are probably fairly normal people and unlikely to ever end up on some 'sex-offender list' or similar dreaded fate just because you happened to be born with mars in the said houses! <LOL>

And most of you will not be accident-prone in life, or volatile folks with a short-fuse and nor will you become a street fighter, just because you have this over-touted, and terribly ill-maligned mangal dosha or martian blemish! On the negative side, you will not automatically be the displayer of excessive courage or win war-medals or become surgeons (not even a tree-surgeon!) just because your mom delivered you at a time with mars dosha in your chart!

It also does not mean that you are more martian or your mars is stronger, etc.!

May the LIGHT dawn upon you all just as the moon lights up after an eclipse! Or the Sun, for that matter! ;-)

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan

Votive

Post by Votive » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:53 am

Last night, a friend who knows that I dabble in Jyotish, rang me up asking what is 'mangleek'. Apparently, his jyotishi had informed him that the proposal for marriage is unsuitable. puzzled, he told me that all seems to be proceeding well and now this 'mangleek' suddenly comes into picture!
And this phenomenon seems to be multiplying exponentially over the last few years. Armed with date, place and time of birth; computers print out in detailed flurry pages of categorical assertives. Jyotishis catch it up and run helter skelter, beyond the capabilities and comprehension of Misirjee's old bicycle.
may Mangal give them all clarity!

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:33 pm

I too had a similar experience recently. A very old classmate of mine called me up and posed the same question re his daughter who was in love with a boy of their longtime family friend and colleague. The two kids had grown up together, went to school and university together and are now practicing. At some point along their paths (years) they had fallen in love.

Mangal_dev did help and injected Clarity in the old brains of the parents!

Sometimes common-sense must not be let go no matter what panditjees say! Particularly those who go into a seizure if they see mangal in certain places!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”