Angelina Jolie's beautiful chart

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 06, 2015 1:20 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Rishi,

Sorry -- trying to understand this a bit more...!

Is this a new form of 'mala' garland yoga that you are describing? The trikona (trishoola) identified by you? Please elaborate upon that.
Rishi= just a random connection of the houses 1,5,9.  

As far as public knows, her parents divorced when she was a toddler, although they came closer later on until such a time when Voight publicly stated his estrangement and made comments about her mental state etc. At 27-28 how damaging that would be given her distanced association with him, I wonder how shattering it would be really for her!?!
Rishi=Obviously quite  shattering for an artist; logically speaking.
note that during venus dasa age 27/28 transpired. Venus is the 4th. lord and darakarak; deposited in the star and sub of lonesome  sinister sani, giving a sort of sani venus yoga, where saturn is the 7th. and 8th. lord.
So darakarak and 7th. possibly causing opposite sex relation problems.

Even after giving all these astro logics, the possibility remains for all this logic to be wrong/incorrect in practical life, as is seen in practical life.
A quick l;ook at the palm will certainly answer your question as its not a happy artists palm, but riddled with insecurities.

Lastly this thing about debility of rahu in 5th, opinions vary and even in BPHS as I have written in the astrotreasures article many years ago, BPHS is two-minded about rahu ketu, their lordships etc. So, caution is not a bad idea. She has biological children as well as adopted children and so that house does not seem to be too affected by the rahu. Rahu is MK and mother had been a stable infuence in her jet-set life. How much of her 'quirkyness' is real and how much is 'show-biz' is another confounding factor to be considered. If one resorts to bhavas as opposed to whole signs, then several factors move and one can see whatever they want to see, so I would not want to do that! ;-)
Rishi=Okay if one doesnt take the rahu to be debilitated, its scorpio Al with weak rahu there in enemy house.... stinging...self mutilation bit........ I did exercise caution here; maybe my explaning didnt.
Wouldnt rahu in 5th. house, 5th. lord in the 9th. house have the propensity to give multiple children.
I wonder if Rahu as matrukarak has anything to with this; but certainly she felt that her mother was cheated by life.

Her mercury is pretty interesting, but what draws my eye may or may not be useful here and possibly create confusion.

But please do address the mala thing and my comments on rahu in fifth.

Danka!

Rohiniranjan

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 06, 2015 4:22 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Is this a new form of 'mala' garland yoga that you are describing? The trikona (trishoola) identified by you? Please elaborate upon that.
RR: ah okay! Rishi-Garland then! Or trikon-yoga!! ;-)

As far as public knows, her parents divorced when she was a toddler, although they came closer later on until such a time when Voight publicly stated his estrangement and made comments about her mental state etc. At 27-28 how damaging that would be given her distanced association with him, I wonder how shattering it would be really for her!?!
RR: artists in the film industry tend to be extremely practical which is understandable given the nature of the industry and the dog eat dog way the business is conducted. Naturally, there will be individual variations and we want to avoid guesswork and over-interpretation.

note that during venus dasa age 27/28 transpired. Venus is the 4th. lord and darakarak; deposited in the star and sub of lonesome  sinister sani, giving a sort of sani venus yoga, where saturn is the 7th. and 8th. lord.
RR: K-VII is not in a good sign occupying P5/H1 can be a reason for publicity about certain preferences!
Even after giving all these astro logics, the possibility remains for all this logic to be wrong/incorrect in practical life, as is seen in practical life.
A quick l;ook at the palm will certainly answer your question as its not a happy artists palm, but riddled with insecurities.

Lastly this thing about debility of rahu in 5th, opinions vary and even in BPHS as I have written in the astrotreasures article many years ago, BPHS is two-minded about rahu ketu, their lordships etc. So, caution is not a bad idea. She has biological children as well as adopted children and so that house does not seem to be too affected by the rahu. Rahu is MK and mother had been a stable infuence in her jet-set life. How much of her 'quirkyness' is real and how much is 'show-biz' is another confounding factor to be considered. If one resorts to bhavas as opposed to whole signs, then several factors move and one can see whatever they want to see, so I would not want to do that! ;-)
Rishi=Okay if one doesnt take the rahu to be debilitated, its scorpio Al with weak rahu there in enemy house.... stinging...self mutilation bit........ I did exercise caution here; maybe my explaning didnt.
Wouldnt rahu in 5th. house, 5th. lord in the 9th. house have the propensity to give multiple children.
RR: not sure I follow your logic as to why you're calling Rahu weak? It seems to have given a supportive mother (MK) as well as hasn't harmed (quite the reverse actually!) The prospects of progeny. Its surrogate is reasonably well placed in a good house and in good company. You mentioned about 1P (image) but really no one really views her as an evil or ugly (!) person; quite the contrary given her ngo profile of work

I wonder if Rahu as matrukarak has anything to with this; but certainly she felt that her mother was cheated by life.

Her mercury is pretty interesting, but what draws my eye may or may not be useful here and possibly create confusion.

Danka!

Rohiniranjan

Rishi

RR: sorry this became a bit longer! Don't want you to feel that I'm being critical.I was just   unsure about what you implied with your Garland thing - particularly since such a yoga (different configuration) exists in jyotish :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi=ha ha!

RR: artists in the film industry tend to be extremely practical which is understandable given the nature of the industry and the dog eat dog way the business is conducted. Naturally, there will be individual variations and we want to avoid guesswork and over-interpretation.
Rishi=She is practical too as is revealed by the square set palm; unafflicted moon involved in chandra mangal yoga + other spects on moon.
But still she possesses an artists sensitive mind; for which I mentioned 'logically speaking.
I wonder if I could explain well.

RR: K-VII is not in a good sign occupying P5/H1 can be a reason for publicity about certain preferences!
Rishi=Cannot follow the short codes....

RR: not sure I follow your logic as to why you're calling Rahu weak? It seems to have given a supportive mother (MK) as well as hasn't harmed (quite the reverse actually!) The prospects of progeny. Its surrogate is reasonably well placed in a good house and in good company. You mentioned about 1P (image) but really no one really views her as an evil or ugly (!) person; quite the contrary given her ngo profile of work
Rishi= I called Rahu weak as it is either in the sign of debilitation or near it and in enemy sign.
Again being in Arudha Lagna sharply influences/highlights it and rahu significations.
The dispositor of Rahu is in the 9th. + 5th from Al; nevertheless Rahu being matrukarak probably made her feel that her mother was cheated in life.
Why would an Rahu Al in scorpio with its dispositor well placed as mentioned above be viewed as an evil and ugly person; but certainly well placed and somewhat 'quirky' life :) that you mentioned too.... a person who cannot be guaged easily from the outside.

Danka!

Rohiniranjan

Rishi

RR: sorry this became a bit longer! Don't want you to feel that I'm being critical.I was just   unsure about what you implied with your Garland thing - particularly since such a yoga (different configuration) exists in jyotish :-)
Rishi= No no Dada; not at all.Your queries were very justified ones. Thank you :smt020

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 07, 2015 4:23 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi=ha ha!

Rishi=She is practical too as is revealed by the square set palm; unafflicted moon involved in chandra mangal yoga + other spects on moon.
But still she possesses an artists sensitive mind; for which I mentioned 'logically speaking.
I wonder if I could explain well.

Rishi=Cannot follow the short codes....

Rishi= I called Rahu weak as it is either in the sign of debilitation or near it and in enemy sign.
Again being in Arudha Lagna sharply influences/highlights it and rahu significations.
The dispositor of Rahu is in the 9th. + 5th from Al; nevertheless Rahu being matrukarak probably made her feel that her mother was cheated in life.
Why would an Rahu Al in scorpio with its dispositor well placed as mentioned above be viewed as an evil and ugly person; but certainly well placed and somewhat 'quirky' life :) that you mentioned too.... a person who cannot be guaged easily from the outside.

Danka!

Rohiniranjan

Rishi

Rishi= No no Dada; not at all.Your queries were very justified ones. Thank you :smt020

Rishi
K-VII = venus (karak for house VII) ws what I meant to distinguish it from DK (kalatra karak since female nativity). H1 = ascendant, P5 = progeny-pada.
Rahu in the chart does not seem weak, rather the contrary! Gave children (multiple source) and now with preserved ova and dasa upcoming, given the relatively cutting-age science (sci-fi possibilities due to progress of reproductive-bioscience) who knows what more is in the offing in her future! :-)

Rahu is also considered the significator for cinema technology particularly animation which brought her to the limelight (Lara Croft character)...!

Interestingly, cinema is very digital, as opposed to drama-theatre which are more analogue! All cinematography is carried out in bits and pieces although seems to flow in an analogue manner on the screen. Live drama is an enactment in a more analogue manner from curtain rise to curtain drop.

Another way of seeing this is even the projection. Each film (live or animation) consists of discreet frames (still-frames) which are projected one at a time in halting but rapid succession, fooling the viewer's eye and mind into seeing it as a fluid movement. Very rahu-like maya!

Fascinating!

Would be interesting if she next little while turns or expresses the spiritual side of her... :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 15, 2015 11:59 am

Rohiniranjan wrote: K-VII = venus (karak for house VII) ws what I meant to distinguish it from DK (kalatra karak since female nativity). H1 = ascendant, P5 = progeny-pada.
Rahu in the chart does not seem weak, rather the contrary! Gave children (multiple source) and now with preserved ova and dasa upcoming, given the relatively cutting-age science (sci-fi possibilities due to progress of reproductive-bioscience) who knows what more is in the offing in her future! :-)

Rahu is also considered the significator for cinema technology particularly animation which brought her to the limelight (Lara Croft character)...!

Interestingly, cinema is very digital, as opposed to drama-theatre which are more analogue! All cinematography is carried out in bits and pieces although seems to flow in an analogue manner on the screen. Live drama is an enactment in a more analogue manner from curtain rise to curtain drop.

Another way of seeing this is even the projection. Each film (live or animation) consists of discreet frames (still-frames) which are projected one at a time in halting but rapid succession, fooling the viewer's eye and mind into seeing it as a fluid movement. Very rahu-like maya!

Fascinating!

Would be interesting if she next little while turns or expresses the spiritual side of her... :-)

Dear Dada,

A very interesting thread to continue, after the usual my disappearances....!   Unfortunately it would have been great if there were 'other' appearances; but alas.

I really do not know whether to call her Rahu strong or weak or afflicted?!

Firstly a cinema artist, such s her, is expected to have a vibrant Rahu (rahu in Al with its dispositor in the 9th & 5th. from Al; in D10 & D9 Rahu is in very good house Virgo). I guess a vibrant Rahu should be strong :) .
The dispositor of Rahu is involved in a sani mangal aspect= affliction of sorts.

I called Rahu weak as it is either in the sign of debilitation or near it and in enemy sign, making it weak at first.
Its dispositor in the house of Jupiter with Jupiter positioned there 'lifts it'.

I am just doing post mortem.

Rahu in the 5th. in this condition can give multiple children, and also lift the native in its own way.

Do you think my sighting is correct/practical?

We can move onto the spiritual side  then....

Rishi

RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 15, 2015 3:25 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: K-VII = venus (karak for house VII) ws what I meant to distinguish it from DK (kalatra karak since female nativity). H1 = ascendant, P5 = progeny-pada.

Fascinating!

Dear Dada,

A very interesting thread to continue, after the usual my disappearances....!   Unfortunately it would have been great if there were 'other' appearances; but alas.

Firstly a cinema artist, such s her, is expected to have a vibrant Rahu (rahu in Al with its dispositor in the 9th & 5th. from Al; in D10 & D9 Rahu is in very good house Virgo). I guess a vibrant Rahu should be strong :) .
The dispositor of Rahu is involved in a sani mangal aspect= affliction of sorts.

I called Rahu weak as it is either in the sign of debilitation or near it and in enemy sign, making it weak at first.
Its dispositor in the house of Jupiter with Jupiter positioned there 'lifts it'.

Rahu in the 5th. in this condition can give multiple children, and also lift the native in its own way.

Rishi
I have never seen a weak rahu!
Nor have I really seen a combust planet!! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Fascinating!

Dear Dada,

Rishi

What about a inherently weak planet, strengthened by other factors?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 15, 2015 9:33 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Fascinating!

Dear Dada,

Rishi

Rishi
:smt017  :smt017  please use an example to elaborate  :smt017  :smt017
regarding nodes...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 16, 2015 2:50 pm

The bane of modern jyotish, as I see it:
It has become a veritable porridge (khichdi? Analogical-metaphorical translation!) of the logical with the para logical (? Meta-logical!), Logical, mythological and a healthy dose of illogical.

Yet claims keep getting made about it being a science or even scientific!  :-)

The lunar nodes have always (in modern usage) been used as planets. Some yogas and muhurtas, further, have heightened the sensitivities (and susceptibilities) of reading-seekers to what amounts to be a mathematical point/s created by the crossing of the lunar and solar paths as perceived from our geo-topical perspective.While some individuals choose to view astrology in a religious mindset and tend to treat mythological stories as a literal historical account, others view those as a rather interesting though somewhat verbose heuristic aid (of mnemonical utility).I'm sorry if I am rubbing someone across the grain!

Be that as it may, it is probably a gross oversimplification to treat the nodes as planets. Ascribing them with ownerships, dignity, aspects etc. as is typically done for planets is therefore not fitting within the general framework of jyotish. The nodes are left out from the standard schemes of determining strength and beneficience. This doesn't seem like an oversight, but seems deliberate. Some folks argue that dashas of Rahu bring about worldly rises in life: political power, wealth hence they must be benefics. Ketu likewise has been glorified by some as benefic in spiritual matters and even giving moksha! The number of people who hang about Internet and asking astrologers about finding eternal salvation, paradise, vision and communion with God, based on their horoscopes makes one scratch their head and roll their eyes.

Nodes are empty spaces, possibly akin to black holes and can assume the attributes of the planets they are with or in association with (surrogates). AND, they are malefics.

I'm neither forcing my views on anyone, nor am I interested in listening to their "original" or borrowed justifications and rationalizations particularly based on the mishmash of allegories and similar tales compounded with what they consider as clever logic!

Regards,
Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:The bane of modern jyotish, as I see it:
It has become a veritable porridge (khichdi? Analogical-metaphorical translation!) of the logical with the para logical (? Meta-logical!), Logical, mythological and a healthy dose of illogical.

The lunar nodes have always (in modern usage) been used as planets. Some yogas and muhurtas, further, have heightened the sensitivities (and susceptibilities) of reading-seekers to what amounts to be a mathematical point/s created by the crossing of the lunar and solar paths as perceived from our geo-topical perspective.While some individuals choose to view astrology in a religious mindset and tend to treat mythological stories as a literal historical account, others view those as a rather interesting though somewhat verbose heuristic aid (of mnemonical utility).I'm sorry if I am rubbing someone across the grain!

Be that as it may, it is probably a gross oversimplification to treat the nodes as planets. Ascribing them with ownerships, dignity, aspects etc. as is typically done for planets is therefore not fitting within the general framework of jyotish. The nodes are left out from the standard schemes of determining strength and beneficience. This doesn't seem like an oversight, but seems deliberate. Some folks argue that dashas of Rahu bring about worldly rises in life: political power, wealth hence they must be benefics. Ketu likewise has been glorified by some as benefic in spiritual matters and even giving moksha! The number of people who hang about Internet and asking astrologers about finding eternal salvation, paradise, vision and communion with God, based on their horoscopes makes one scratch their head and roll their eyes.

Nodes are empty spaces, possibly akin to black holes and can assume the attributes of the planets they are with or in association with (surrogates). AND, they are malefics.

I'm neither forcing my views on anyone, nor am I interested in listening to their "original" or borrowed justifications and rationalizations particularly based on the mishmash of allegories and similar tales compounded with what they consider as clever logic!

Regards,
Rohiniranjan

There are many maby mathematical points like Rahu, Ketu, Gulika, Dhooma, Vyatipath etc etc.....out of which the Rahu Ketu has been given to be participant of Vimshottari dasa along with other few Nakshatra dasas.

Which means that the nodes (Rahu Ketu) are to be certaily sighted differently from other mathematical points (chhaya grahas).

If Rahu is posited at or near debilitation point in an enemy house then we would we not call it weak or afflicted.
.....Then the aspects to it and the strength of the dispositor adds on.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 18, 2015 2:33 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:The bane of modern jyotish, as I see it:

Regards,
Rohiniranjan

There are many maby mathematical points like Rahu, Ketu, Gulika, Dhooma, Vyatipath etc etc.....out of which the Rahu Ketu has been given to be participant of Vimshottari dasa along with other few Nakshatra dasas.

Which means that the nodes (Rahu Ketu) are to be certaily sighted differently from other mathematical points (chhaya grahas).

If Rahu is posited at or near debilitation point in an enemy house then we would we not call it weak or afflicted.

Rishi
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Fascinating!

Dear Dada,

Rishi

Rishi

regarding nodes...?
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 19, 2015 12:04 am

RishiRahul wrote:There are many maby mathematical points like Rahu, Ketu, Gulika, Dhooma, Vyatipath etc etc.....out of which the Rahu Ketu has been given to be participant of Vimshottari dasa along with other few Nakshatra dasas.

Rishi
Assumption #1: Soli-lunar nodes are planets. In which case attributes such as ownership, dignity, friendships apply.

Assumption #2: They are not planets but can modify planets or act as surrogates (and modify planets). No independent or inherent rulerships, dignity necessary. No shadbala etc required as well!

The other mathematical points are  all solar, either longitude or solar arc (time) based. These are true mathematical points with no visible evidence of existence. Soli-lunar nodes (rahu ketu), on the other hand have an objective, demonstrable presence! Eclipses?

Ergo, not in the same boat as sssssssss*mathematical* points as utilized in astrology, but not planets either. Hence called NODEs...? ;-)

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Fascinating!

Dear Dada,

Rishi

Rishi
regarding nodes...?

So, after the just above post.......
Like Rahu in  Angelina Jolie's chart:=
Rahu either in the sign of debilitation or near it and in enemy sign...
Its dispositor in the house of Jupiter with Jupiter positioned there 'lifting/strengthening it/adding body to it.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 19, 2015 10:17 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

So, after the just above post.......
Like Rahu in  Angelina Jolie's chart:=
Rahu either in the sign of debilitation or near it and in enemy sign...
Its dispositor in the house of Jupiter with Jupiter positioned there 'lifting/strengthening it/adding body to it.

Rishi
Since you keep bringing this 'debilitation' etc as your argument, you are holding the belief that of the two, assumption #1 is what you like to accept, namely, that node are planets. In which case we have no common grounds/assumption to discuss. :-)

End of story! <LOL>

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”