Dimensions...!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Lest this statement cause misgivings in the minds of readers (after all this is not a private dialog between Two Ronnies (or two RRs, for that matter!) please poder upon this elaboration. S-l-o-w-l-y -- even if you are in a hurry like the white rabbit in Alice in Wondrland!) ;-)

*First we learn something, passively, then we churn and churn and get closer to knowing something. The practical must not become our DRIVER. Divination must never become a commercial preoccupation -- there are way more profitable ways for all that*

Many would question the practicality of divination itself, let alone astrology. When we think about practicality-efficiency-risk/benefit and similar concepts, the pursuit becomes 'commercial'! Some sort of gain (not just money-related) and a certain degree of greed enters the process. Some, possibly those younger and in certain sets of ways of thinking, might be in the pursuits with that kind of 'what is in it for me?' mentality. That is what makes something 'commercial', in the current context.

Churning is good...! Though not necessarily profitable, in a short length of TIME - the creator of MAYA! ;-)
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote: ...
My mistake in computing 2nd to the 2nd being 4th. It is 3rd.
So the bhavat bhavam of 2nd. is 4th. &nbsp;<-- Again, Rishi...! ;-)
The bhavat bhavam of 11th is 9th.
Bhavat bhavam of 12th is 11th.

1)Since bhavat bhavam of 3(effort) is the 5th. Why is the question?
Now we see that bhavat bhavam of 2nd. is the 3rd (effort).

2)I wonder if 1 & 2 are making sense?!

But where am I doing commercial preparation? I am just trying to rationalise...

Rishi
LOL

Oh! a typo this time!

But corrected down the line :)

Rishi

Okay, now check and see your point #2! What did you actually mean there?

Whichever way you mean, I am 'stuck' in trying to find the reason why bhavat bhavam of 3 (effort) is 5;and the 1 @ mentioned under quote.

Need help?

If this is about the other dimension, then why would house 2, 3, 11 and 12 be about the other dimension? Or at least 3?

I am not trying to argue, but loudly ponder since we are discussing.

By the way, I am interested in the other dimensions Rishi :smt003

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 19, 2015 12:31 am

Whichever way you mean, I am 'stuck' in trying to find the reason why bhavat bhavam of 3 (effort) is 5;and the 1 @ mentioned under quote.

Rishi
Then, set it aside for a few days! What is the rush...?

I find that quite helpful when in a similar quandry.

When cooking rice, the lid should not be opened too frequently!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 am

Just a thought. 5th is 9th from 9th. Can father's punya become son's poorva punya?
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 pm

mysbcrs wrote:Just a thought. 5th is 9th from 9th. Can father's punya become son's poorva punya?
Brilliant, CRS ji!
And, welcome back to our tiny corner in the Universe ;-)
I would like to propose your name for the *Halley's Comet (dhoomketu) Award of the Year* award, hopefully with Rishirahul ji's blessings! We can safely assume that the silent majority would not object since silence leads to voluntary relinquishment of ones voting rights in matters of Awards presentations :smt003

Playful banter aside, one of my human weaknesses ;-( , let us see:
9th represents the bhagya, luck (fructified good past deeds) of nativity.
9th also represents nativity's father, while 5th represents progeny.
9th from 9th would be nativity's father's good deeds (bhagya) manifesting as nativity's progeny? Since &nbsp;5th is the house of actualization (lagna-equivalent) for the progeny (grandchild).

With a bit of 'stretch', then, if the fifth house is riddled with defects, malefics etc, then the nativity's father must have a sinful past. The converse, if 5th is well-appointed...?

Did I understand you correctly?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Now Bhavat Bhavam [Was Dimensions: SPACE~TIME~MISSING 3rd]!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Our 'Runaway Istambul Express' began with a quest for the 3rd dimension but in true internet thread karmix patterns jumped tracks and is now gallivanting at breakneck pace in the quigmire of Bhavat Bhavam. In the leaner times (before all the Maya, Chaya, Gaia=earth flooded our modern jyotish vocabularies), BB used to be dubbed by some as 'sophisticated secret system' (some even dragged navamsha into that before marketplace got flooded by software like VJ, GJ, PL, and more recently by Narasimhas free gift to jyotish: JH), however, I do not recall any popular usage of BB. When it 'fit', astrologers highlighted it, but when it did not get mentioned, was that because BB did not offer any insight or because the jyotishi did not even bother to try it? I am talking about pre-internet days so it was nearly impossible or at least very difficult to get hold of the sources, plumes and pens :-(

In my primer (free publication) I did address BB in one of the chapters --"...The Vedic Hopscotch..."and raised some discrepancies as well, however, other than longevity considerations (8~8~3 and 2(12)7) -- BB remains the proverbial *shy indian bride of Yore* (not my words, so no offence need be taken, friends! I am too young to have even witnessed that generation of such proverbial brides!).

Now "is bhavat bhavam merely an extension from the consideration of longevity houses, fuelled by poetical imagination (most jyotish in past got written as slokas which are verses)? Something for folks to 'churn' about...?

Jyotish has a more consistently &nbsp;voiced dictum of treating each house as a first (tanu) bhav for matters pertaining to each house. This is also seen in the hybrid system of KP which uses placidian cusps as beginning of a house and certain other departures from mainstream jyotish, as well as in the Jamini system of zodiacal sign-astrology. Obviously, it is way more than that!

For BB, we count any given house from the first and then count as many houses from the house under question. So, the 3rd house becomes the BB for 2nd house, since it is 2nd from the 2nd. Similarly, the 9th become BB of 11th since it is 11th from 11th. 9th becomes the BB of 5th (5th from 5 th), while 5th becomes the BB of 9th since it is 9th from 9th. This is basic stuff given for any beginners here, unless we have all become experts, in which case I offer my humble apologies.

Now, the dias is all yours readers for your comments and experiences with BB: practical or theoretical....

May the inner soorya the source of JYOTIsh illuminate our souls

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue May 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:Just a thought. 5th is 9th from 9th. Can father's punya become son's poorva punya?
Brilliant, CRS ji!
I would like to propose your name for the *Halley's Comet (dhoomketu) Award of the Year* award, hopefully with Rishirahul ji's blessings! We can safely assume that the silent majority would not object since silence leads to voluntary relinquishment of ones voting rights in matters of Awards presentations :smt003

9th from 9th would be nativity's father's good deeds (bhagya) manifesting as nativity's progeny? Since &nbsp;5th is the house of actualization (lagna-equivalent) for the progeny (grandchild).

With a bit of 'stretch', then, if the fifth house is riddled with defects, malefics etc, then the nativity's father must have a sinful past. The converse, if 5th is well-appointed...?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan wrote:Our 'Runaway Istambul Express' began with a quest for the 3rd dimension but in true internet thread karmix patterns jumped tracks and is now gallivanting at breakneck pace in the quigmire of Bhavat Bhavam. In the leaner times (before all the Maya, Chaya, Gaia=earth flooded our modern jyotish vocabularies), BB used to be dubbed by some as 'sophisticated secret system' (some even dragged navamsha into that before marketplace got flooded by software like VJ, GJ, PL, and more recently by Narasimhas free gift to jyotish: JH), however, I do not recall any popular usage of BB. When it 'fit', astrologers highlighted it, but when it did not get mentioned, was that because BB did not offer any insight or because the jyotishi did not even bother to try it? I am talking about pre-internet days so it was nearly impossible or at least very difficult to get hold of the sources, plumes and pens :-(

In my primer (free publication) I did address BB in one of the chapters --"...The Vedic Hopscotch..."and raised some discrepancies as well, however, other than longevity considerations (8~8~3 and 2(12)7) -- BB remains the proverbial *shy indian bride of Yore* (not my words, so no offence need be taken, friends! I am too young to have even witnessed that generation of such proverbial brides!).

Now "is bhavat bhavam merely an extension from the consideration of longevity houses, fuelled by poetical imagination (most jyotish in past got written as slokas which are verses)? Something for folks to 'churn' about...?

Jyotish has a more consistently &nbsp;voiced dictum of treating each house as a first (tanu) bhav for matters pertaining to each house. This is also seen in the hybrid system of KP which uses placidian cusps as beginning of a house and certain other departures from mainstream jyotish, as well as in the Jamini system of zodiacal sign-astrology. Obviously, it is way more than that!

For BB, we count any given house from the first and then count as many houses from the house under question. So, the 3rd house becomes the BB for 2nd house, since it is 2nd from the 2nd. Similarly, the 9th become BB of 11th since it is 11th from 11th. 9th becomes the BB of 5th (5th from 5 th), while 5th becomes the BB of 9th since it is 9th from 9th. This is basic stuff given for any beginners here, unless we have all become experts, in which case I offer my humble apologies.

Now, the dias is all yours readers for your comments and experiences with BB: practical or theoretical....

May the inner soorya the source of JYOTIsh illuminate our souls

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi
Then, set it aside for a few days! What is the rush...?

I find that quite helpful when in a similar quandry.

When cooking rice, the lid should not be opened too frequently!

And after all mercury goes retrograde today! And also Crs ji emerges with imaginative (good) thinking on such a day!

Rishi

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue May 19, 2015 7:52 pm

CRS ji,

Can you explain this better please.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 19, 2015 10:22 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

And after all mercury goes retrograde today! And also Crs ji emerges with imaginative (good) thinking on such a day!

Rishi
Aha! Budh-griha gains strength, then. As per jyotish ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi

Yup! Right?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 20, 2015 2:31 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi

Yup! Right?

Rishi
...Captured in my article about retrogrades written long ago. No point of my pouring my time (water element) on a sand-heap (sand=silicon)! Or is it a heap of cement? ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu May 21, 2015 4:52 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brilliant, CRS ji!

9th from 9th would be nativity's father's good deeds (bhagya) manifesting as nativity's progeny? Since  5th is the house of actualization (lagna-equivalent) for the progeny (grandchild).

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
RR ji,

Yes, that is what I had in mind. Me/MyChildren/My Father, My Effort/My Poorva Punya/My Bhagya seem to be recurring cycles reflecting the Karma and Runa concepts that are supposed run along a lineage. I am Poorva Punya of my father (5th from 9th) and my children are the Bhagya of my father.

In reality, even as I am grand parenting, right now, I easily agree that I am enjoying grand parenting in much larger measure than I did parenting!
CRS

mysbcrs

Post by mysbcrs » Thu May 21, 2015 4:54 am

RishiRahul wrote:

CRS ji,

Can you explain this better please.

Rishi
Rishi i,

I think RRji has articulated what I had in mind with far more lucidity than I what I may have.

CRS
CRS

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 21, 2015 9:21 am

In late 70s I wrote an article entitled, "The Rorschachization (ink-blots) in Astrological practice". The editor of the astrological magazine turned it down and mentioned in the letter "... might be too upsetting for astrologers, our readers and patrons..."
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 21, 2015 9:38 am

mysbcrs wrote:

Yes, that is what I had in mind. Me/MyChildren/My Father, My Effort/My Poorva Punya/My Bhagya seem to be recurring cycles reflecting the Karma and Runa concepts that are supposed run along a lineage. I am Poorva Punya of my father (5th from 9th) and my children are the Bhagya of my father.

In reality, even as I am grand parenting, right now, I easily agree that I am enjoying grand parenting in much larger measure than I did parenting!
The III dimension...! &nbsp;;-}

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Thu May 21, 2015 2:30 pm

If I may, the dimensions arenot complete until we include the Eleventh in our discussion of &nbsp;the third, the ninth and the fifth.

If we treat the Ninth as Lagna to fully comprehend of what the Past is presenting to us in potential, the Fifth, Ninth from Ninth becomes the Bhagya of Bhagya thus the &nbsp;poorva punya. Some say, yash, kirti, dhan, shakti are all in Her domain, in our area just the Purusharth (third) to complete our Dharma ( Ninth).

The Ninth ( Bhagya) along with the Third(efforts) presents to us the Eleventh, the gains, whatever we draw out from our Bank then is spent and the remaining transferred to the Fifth to be carried over, be it the Children, the fame, the name or whatever.

The Rhombus of the 3,5.9 and 11!!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”