Dimensions...!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Dimensions...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Dear friends,

Those of you who have followed my writings, cursorily or carefully, on astrology and other topics must've noticed my insistent preoccupation with triangular TRIPOD formation!

This particular posting actually refers to a fundamental formation that describes life: human experience. 3 Is a magical number as must be obvious to occultists that dabble with numbers.

When I was in grade-school the concept of 3-D involved the length, breadth, height of an object. While this convention is still respected in technology (3-D television for instance), in more permissive circles of thinking including cutting-edge areas of science, the conventional three x-y-z dimensions are now rolled into what is known as space. This makes sense since the three linear dimensions really define the space in which a physical object lies.

TIME now becomes the second dimension! Now, a tripod is a stable and balanced formation. Therefore the question arises as to which is the third dimension that balances time-space?

In astrology parlance, the first house can be taken as representing the space (among its other astrological attributes and representations).
The ninth house then represents time.it is the house of fortunes (bhagya) and since astrology is based on the doctrine of karma, the past, future and present are interwoven in it.
The astrological trine is completed with the fifth house joining the Triad with the first and ninth forming the remaining two legs.

The first must be stable and self-reliant and in astrological counting the first from first is indeed the first.
This is not considering the 'reflection' of it in the 10th in the case of pada-counting.

The 9th from 9th brings us to the 5th and 9th therefrom brings us to the 1st and then the next stop is 9th itself.

The 5th from fifth is the 9th and 5th therefrom is the first with the tripod next being the 5th itself.

This is what is known as 'bhavat bhavam' counting which for all houses ends in an odd/male house (not to be confused with the male sign).

The fifth is interesting since it breaks this mold somewhat! For it is the 3rd from 3rd; third being the house of personal efforts and as some say: valour.

While the first and ninth remain 'bound' within the triangle of 1-5-9, the 5th while being a part of this 'closed-circuit' has linkage with the third and therefore adds a new important dimension to space and time. It represents ...?

I will let you churn over that...;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Dimensions...!

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 15, 2015 8:05 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear friends,

Those of you who have followed my writings, cursorily or carefully, on astrology and other topics must've noticed my insistent preoccupation with triangular TRIPOD formation!

This particular posting actually refers to a fundamental formation that describes life: human experience. 3 Is a magical number as must be obvious to occultists that dabble with numbers.

When I was in grade-school the concept of 3-D involved the length, breadth, height of an object. While this convention is still respected in technology (3-D television for instance), in more permissive circles of thinking including cutting-edge areas of science, the conventional three x-y-z dimensions are now rolled into what is known as space. This makes sense since the three linear dimensions really define the space in which a physical object lies.

TIME now becomes the second dimension! Now, a tripod is a stable and balanced formation. Therefore the question arises as to which is the third dimension that balances time-space?

In astrology parlance, the first house can be taken as representing the space (among its other astrological attributes and representations).
The ninth house then represents time.it is the house of fortunes (bhagya) and since astrology is based on the doctrine of karma, the past, future and present are interwoven in it.
The astrological trine is completed with the fifth house joining the Triad with the first and ninth forming the remaining two legs.

The first must be stable and self-reliant and in astrological counting the first from first is indeed the first.
This is not considering the 'reflection' of it in the 10th in the case of pada-counting.

The 9th from 9th brings us to the 5th and 9th therefrom brings us to the 1st and then the next stop is 9th itself.

The 5th from fifth is the 9th and 5th therefrom is the first with the tripod next being the 5th itself.

This is what is known as 'bhavat bhavam' counting which for all houses ends in an odd/male house (not to be confused with the male sign).

The fifth is interesting since it breaks this mold somewhat! For it is the 3rd from 3rd; third being the house of personal efforts and as some say: valour.

While the first and ninth remain 'bound' within the triangle of 1-5-9, the 5th while being a part of this 'closed-circuit' has linkage with the third and therefore adds a new important dimension to space and time. It represents ...?

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Interesting Dada,

Do explain further. I did churn over this, but not getting any clue  :)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 15, 2015 11:28 am

RishiRahul wrote:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Interesting Dada,

Rishi
The fifth has the key! Strangely enough, though, ancients attribute poorvapunya to that house.

Did they mean poorna-punya?

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Interesting Dada,

Rishi
The fifth has the key! Strangely enough, though, ancients attribute poorvapunya to that house.

Did they mean poorna-punya?

Rohiniranjan

The fifth is termed Purva Punya; and also that its 3rd. to efforts (3rd. to 3rd).
Which is  to be a results to efforts; technically at least.
I wonder how true this in practical life:smt017. Technically its supposed to be in some way...

Whats poorna-punya?  

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 15, 2015 3:27 pm

I know!
Hence my question... <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:I know!

The bhavat bhaman of the 2nd. house comes to the 4th. house.
Similarly the bhavat bhavam of the 11th. house comes to the 9th. house.
The bhavat bhavam of the 12th. house is the 11th.

What would these mean?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 18, 2015 12:52 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

What would these mean?

Rishi
Bhavat bhavam of 2nd is 3rd, Rishi! Second from second. BB always falls in an odd numbered (male) house [not to be confused with the sign gender which is a function of where lagna happens to fall!

Think about the symbolization of the YANG houses vs YIN houses with second level underpinning and base being the signs therein (Y/y) :-)

First we learn something, passively, then we churn and churn and get closer to knowing something. The practical must not become our DRIVER. Divination must never become a commercial preoccupation -- there are way more profitable ways for all that ;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 18, 2015 1:02 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

What would these mean?

Rishi
Bhavat bhavam of 2nd is 3rd, Rishi! Second from second. BB always falls in an odd numbered (male) house [not to be confused with the sign gender which is a function of where lagna happens to fall!

Think about the symbolization of the YANG houses vs YIN houses with second level underpinning and base being the signs therein (Y/y) :-)

First we learn something, passively, then we churn and churn and get closer to knowing something. The practical must not become our DRIVER. Divination must never become a commercial preoccupation -- there are way more profitable ways for all that ;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

My mistake in computing 2nd to the 2nd being 4th. It is 3rd.
So the bhavat bhavam of 2nd. is 4th.
The bhavat bhavam of 11th is 9th.
Bhavat bhavam of 12th is 11th.

1)Since bhavat bhavam of 3(effort) is the 5th. Why is the question?
Now we see that bhavat bhavam of 2nd. is the 3rd (effort).

2)I wonder if 1 & 2 are making sense?!

But where am I doing commercial preparation? I am just trying to rationalise...

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 18, 2015 1:02 pm

Another way of thinking about astro-logy and horrorscopes is that these are the snapshots of MAYA...
A different thread perhaps?
And, more churnings... :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 18, 2015 1:11 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...
So the bhavat bhavam of 2nd. is 4th. &nbsp;<-- Again, Rishi...! ;-)

Rishi
LOL
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
So the bhavat bhavam of 2nd. is 4th.  <-- Again, Rishi...! ;-)

Rishi
LOL

Oh! a typo this time!

But corrected down the line :)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Lest this statement cause misgivings in the minds of readers (after all this is not a private dialog between Two Ronnies (or two RRs, for that matter!) please poder upon this elaboration. S-l-o-w-l-y -- even if you are in a hurry like the white rabbit in Alice in Wondrland!) ;-)

*First we learn something, passively, then we churn and churn and get closer to knowing something. The practical must not become our DRIVER. Divination must never become a commercial preoccupation -- there are way more profitable ways for all that*

Many would question the practicality of divination itself, let alone astrology. When we think about practicality-efficiency-risk/benefit and similar concepts, the pursuit becomes 'commercial'! Some sort of gain (not just money-related) and a certain degree of greed enters the process. Some, possibly those younger and in certain sets of ways of thinking, might be in the pursuits with that kind of 'what is in it for me?' mentality. That is what makes something 'commercial', in the current context.

Churning is good...! Though not necessarily profitable, in a short length of TIME - the creator of MAYA! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 18, 2015 1:50 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
So the bhavat bhavam of 2nd. is 4th.  <-- Again, Rishi...! ;-)

Rishi
LOL

Oh! a typo this time!

But corrected down the line :)

Rishi

Okay, now check and see your point #2! What did you actually mean there?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 18, 2015 1:58 pm

The thread was about "what could the third dimension be, apart from Space and time", as posed in the first (seed) sharing in the thread.

A baker's dozen responses later, hopefully the silent ones have arrived at some answer?

Please 'illuminate' us! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Whats poorna-punya?  

Rishi
Poorva-punya (Generally-Accepted Semantic/Sense or GAS; prior good deeds, presumably in past lives) ;-)

Poorna-punya would be salvation or for those of benefit-loss mindsets, when all dues are paid and karmic ledger loses its meaningfulness?

Complete discharging of karma. Mukti (freedom)

Return to “Vedic Astrology”