Dimensions...!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Votive wrote:If I may, the dimensions arenot complete until we include the Eleventh in our discussion of  the third, the ninth and the fifth.

If we treat the Ninth as Lagna to fully comprehend of what the Past is presenting to us in potential, the Fifth, Ninth from Ninth becomes the Bhagya of Bhagya thus the  poorva punya. Some say, yash, kirti, dhan, shakti are all in Her domain, in our area just the Purusharth (third) to complete our Dharma ( Ninth).

The Ninth ( Bhagya) along with the Third(efforts) presents to us the Eleventh, the gains, whatever we draw out from our Bank then is spent and the remaining transferred to the Fifth to be carried over, be it the Children, the fame, the name or whatever.

The Rhombus of the 3,5.9 and 11!!

Bhagya/Fate/9th or luck and fortune as astros concur is the primary actualized house for poorvapunya (outcomes of past good deeds). Its bhavat bhavam or the 5th would be the secondary house for this sector of human experience as examined through astrology. One may think of the 9th and 5th as the two dimensions of things associated with past good deeds.

This bidimensional consideration should apply to the other bhavat-bhavam pairs: II-III; IV-VII; X-VII and of course VIII-III, etc. The primary house and its shadow or secondary register -- its bhavat bhavam house.

Shadow because the houses (Primary and secondary) are connected at the foot (earth pole) just as a shadow is, as opposed to the reflection (bimba) -- the other derivative or derived house in the arodha counting system or arrangement.

Erudite readers would latch-in to the inherent 3D-2D framework of reference between the object (3) and shadow-chhaya (2) vs object (3) and its reflection (apparent 3D; apparent as used in optical physics frame of reference! ;-)

May our inner soorya enlighten us ...!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Tue May 26, 2015 12:02 pm

And I was told to Keep it Simple, Santon!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Votive wrote:And I was told to Keep it Simple, Santon!
"In "our" corner of *The Universe*, simple is the alter ego of relative-iti  :smt004

The massive expanse of water (tattwa-element) seems formidable, yet enticing and inviting.

Some choose to sit on the beach and count waves, others eat pop-corn, still others are too engrossed in their companions and beloveds that they brought along to the Oceanside-picnic. Many, still, just focus on and see the dirt and smelly carcasses of fish and rotting twigs and other detritus rejected even by the ocean. And some just watch the sunset and write sonnets, while a few meditate in peace.

The ocean merely remains a backdrop, a patch of colour that fills the huge hole-gap in The Painting..."

Long before $-ji could finish and droned continually in his usual monotone, Chela was neck-deep in the ocean and swimming and frolicking in the ocean gleefully!

His reverie broken, $-ji peered at him, and smiled. Then looking upwards towards the heavens he winked and smiled again!

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Is Jyotish simple? Can it even be simplified??

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 26, 2015 9:06 pm

... now seriously, lots of folks insist that Vedic astrology, and indeed astrology is actually simple! Some claim that one can learn it in ten minutes, or so! Similar claims have been documented (as book titles) for other divinatory disciplines too.

Simple perhaps for the likes of Einstein or Hawking or Kaku etc. Most others seem to fare otherwise :-(

It is labyrinthine and many get so desperately lost that less said the better. Even those with small and large, new or old guide books and maps or even secretly guarded treasure maps!

I am just changing the title of this branch opened by you, rather than pouring energy into a new thread. We all know what would become the fate of those  :smt003

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am

mysbcrs wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:Just a thought. 5th is 9th from 9th. Can father's punya become son's poorva punya?

CRS ji,

Can you explain this better please.

Rishi
Rishi i,

I think RRji has articulated what I had in mind with far more lucidity than I what I may have.

CRS
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

Yes, that is what I had in mind. Me/MyChildren/My Father, My Effort/My Poorva Punya/My Bhagya seem to be recurring cycles reflecting the Karma and Runa concepts that are supposed run along a lineage. I am Poorva Punya of my father (5th from 9th) and my children are the Bhagya of my father.

In reality, even as I am grand parenting, right now, I easily agree that I am enjoying grand parenting in much larger measure than I did parenting!
The III dimension...!  ;-}

Yes, to both the quotes!
Sorry for being away!

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 27, 2015 12:02 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:Just a thought. 5th is 9th from 9th. Can father's punya become son's poorva punya?

CRS ji,

Rishi
Rishi i,

I think RRji has articulated what I had in mind with far more lucidity than I what I may have.

CRS
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

Yes, that is what I had in mind. Me/MyChildren/My Father, My Effort/My Poorva Punya/My Bhagya seem to be recurring cycles reflecting the Karma and Runa concepts that are supposed run along a lineage. I am Poorva Punya of my father (5th from 9th) and my children are the Bhagya of my father.

In reality, even as I am grand parenting, right now, I easily agree that I am enjoying grand parenting in much larger measure than I did parenting!

Yes, to both the quotes!
Sorry for being away!

Rishi
Looks like you will be a strong contender for the 2016 Halley Award! ;-)
CRS ji has won the 2015 one! <LOL>

Dada
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Votive wrote:If I may, the dimensions arenot complete until we include the Eleventh in our discussion of  the third, the ninth and the fifth.

If we treat the Ninth as Lagna to fully comprehend of what the Past is presenting to us in potential, the Fifth, Ninth from Ninth becomes the Bhagya of Bhagya thus the  poorva punya. Some say, yash, kirti, dhan, shakti are all in Her domain, in our area just the Purusharth (third) to complete our Dharma ( Ninth).

The Ninth ( Bhagya) along with the Third(efforts) presents to us the Eleventh, the gains, whatever we draw out from our Bank then is spent and the remaining transferred to the Fifth to be carried over, be it the Children, the fame, the name or whatever.

Dear votive,

So the 3rd (effort). to the 9th (purvapunya) is 11th= Interesting and certainly not untrue.

I hope I have understood this right?!

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

CRS ji,

Rishi
Rishi i,

CRS
Rohiniranjan wrote:
mysbcrs wrote:

Yes, to both the quotes!
Sorry for being away!

Rishi

Dada

No clue on this :smt005 . Am just trying to understand this as a baby learning to walk. :)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Votive

Re: Is Jyotish simple? Can it even be simplified??

Post by Votive » Wed May 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
... now seriously, lots of folks insist that Vedic astrology, and indeed astrology is actually simple! Some claim that one can learn it in ten minutes, or so! Similar claims have been documented (as book titles) for other divinatory disciplines too.

Simple perhaps for the likes of Einstein or Hawking or Kaku etc. Most others seem to fare otherwise :-(

It is labyrinthine and many get so desperately lost that less said the better. Even those with small and large, new or old guide books and maps or even secretly guarded treasure maps!

I am just changing the title of this branch opened by you, rather than pouring energy into a new thread. We all know what would become the fate of those  :smt003

Rohiniranjan

I suppose if we take astrology or jyotisha as the broad light shining on the path of life, it can be simple. If we go in for finer cailbrations wanting to see the microns on the path it can be rather intricate.
In more ways than one, it is a fascinating riddle, at times opaque, at other times translucent and once in a while clear.

When it is a clear bright day, it seems so simple ...

So , as you keep telling us, it is all about clarity!

Votive

Post by Votive » Wed May 27, 2015 1:49 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Dear votive,

So the 3rd (effort). to the 9th (purvapunya) is 11th= Interesting and certainly not untrue.

I hope I have understood this right?!

Rishi
You are right, Rishiji, as always.
Moreover. the 11 th is seventh to the fifth too, like the third is to the Ninth!

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 27, 2015 2:09 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...

No clue on this :smt005 . Am just trying to understand this as a baby learning to walk. :)

Rishi
Halley's comet comes and goes with almost a clockwork regularity! It was not a serious remark. &nbsp;:smt018
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Re: Is Jyotish simple? Can it even be simplified??

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Votive wrote: ...
I suppose if we take astrology or jyotisha as the broad light shining on the path of life, it can be simple. If we go in for finer cailbrations wanting to see the microns on the path it can be rather intricate.
In more ways than one, it is a fascinating riddle, at times opaque, at other times translucent and once in a while clear.

When it is a clear bright day, it seems so simple ...

So , as you keep telling us, it is all about clarity!
Clarity is the child of the marriage between seriousness and sincerity, Votive! Based on observations on internet ;-)

All divinations and divinatory modalities and particularly astrology encompass two faculties of thoughts (mind): Belief/Faith & Logic.

Aside from the micron-level resolutions preoccupation factor, we need both of the above (B/F & L) to fill in the gaps in the presumed total picture as perceived by individuals. The diversity then leads to munde munde mati bhinna. Which of course underscores the oft-repeated verity of how perceptions turn out a variable and possibly deceptive collage of Reality?

Then there is the clear-day factor. Intuition! The ancients embraced that as a normal and major component. The moderners -- at least astrologers (as opposed to psychic divinators) are less comfortable with that. The ones who insist that astrology is science or even scientific and logic-dependent!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Re: Dimensions...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear friends,

Those of you who have followed my writings, cursorily or carefully, on astrology and other topics must've noticed my insistent preoccupation with triangular TRIPOD formation!

This particular posting actually refers to a fundamental formation that describes life: human experience. 3 Is a magical number as must be obvious to occultists that dabble with numbers.

When I was in grade-school the concept of 3-D involved the length, breadth, height of an object. While this convention is still respected in technology (3-D television for instance), in more permissive circles of thinking including cutting-edge areas of science, the conventional three x-y-z dimensions are now rolled into what is known as space. This makes sense since the three linear dimensions really define the space in which a physical object lies.

TIME now becomes the second dimension! Now, a tripod is a stable and balanced formation. Therefore the question arises as to which is the third dimension that balances time-space?

In astrology parlance, the first house can be taken as representing the space (among its other astrological attributes and representations).
The ninth house then represents time.it is the house of fortunes (bhagya) and since astrology is based on the doctrine of karma, the past, future and present are interwoven in it.
The astrological trine is completed with the fifth house joining the Triad with the first and ninth forming the remaining two legs.

The first must be stable and self-reliant and in astrological counting the first from first is indeed the first.
This is not considering the 'reflection' of it in the 10th in the case of pada-counting.

The 9th from 9th brings us to the 5th and 9th therefrom brings us to the 1st and then the next stop is 9th itself.

The 5th from fifth is the 9th and 5th therefrom is the first with the tripod next being the 5th itself.

This is what is known as 'bhavat bhavam' counting which for all houses ends in an odd/male house (not to be confused with the male sign).

The fifth is interesting since it breaks this mold somewhat! For it is the 3rd from 3rd; third being the house of personal efforts and as some say: valour.

While the first and ninth remain 'bound' within the triangle of 1-5-9, the 5th while being a part of this 'closed-circuit' has linkage with the third and therefore adds a new important dimension to space and time. It represents ...?

I will let you churn over that...;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
The thread is now three pages long and while important and personal/impersonal sharings have ensued, while two of the three dimensions were enumerated: Space and Time, in the seed posting quoted, the III dimension has remained 'occult', as in *not addressed* ...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Votive

Post by Votive » Wed May 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: The thread is now three pages long and while important and personal/impersonal sharings have ensued, while two of the three dimensions were enumerated: Space and Time, in the seed posting quoted, the III dimension has remained 'occult', as in *not addressed* ...
The fifth ..can it considered to be a manifestation of our free will, the choice, the human consciousness and its endeavor, in the Kaal purush chart it signifies the Soorya, the Leo.

votive

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear friends,

Those of you who have followed my writings, cursorily or carefully, on astrology and other topics must've noticed my insistent preoccupation with triangular TRIPOD formation!

This particular posting actually refers to a fundamental formation that describes life: human experience. 3 Is a magical number as must be obvious to occultists that dabble with numbers.

When I was in grade-school the concept of 3-D involved the length, breadth, height of an object. While this convention is still respected in technology (3-D television for instance), in more permissive circles of thinking including cutting-edge areas of science, the conventional three x-y-z dimensions are now rolled into what is known as space. This makes sense since the three linear dimensions really define the space in which a physical object lies.

TIME now becomes the second dimension! Now, a tripod is a stable and balanced formation. Therefore the question arises as to which is the third dimension that balances time-space?

In astrology parlance, the first house can be taken as representing the space (among its other astrological attributes and representations).
The ninth house then represents time.it is the house of fortunes (bhagya) and since astrology is based on the doctrine of karma, the past, future and present are interwoven in it.
The astrological trine is completed with the fifth house joining the Triad with the first and ninth forming the remaining two legs.

The first must be stable and self-reliant and in astrological counting the first from first is indeed the first.
This is not considering the 'reflection' of it in the 10th in the case of pada-counting.

The 9th from 9th brings us to the 5th and 9th therefrom brings us to the 1st and then the next stop is 9th itself.

The 5th from fifth is the 9th and 5th therefrom is the first with the tripod next being the 5th itself.

This is what is known as 'bhavat bhavam' counting which for all houses ends in an odd/male house (not to be confused with the male sign).

The fifth is interesting since it breaks this mold somewhat! For it is the 3rd from 3rd; third being the house of personal efforts and as some say: valour.

While the first and ninth remain 'bound' within the triangle of 1-5-9, the 5th while being a part of this 'closed-circuit' has linkage with the third and therefore adds a new important dimension to space and time. It represents ...?

I will let you churn over that...;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
The thread is now three pages long and while important and personal/impersonal sharings have ensued, while two of the three dimensions were enumerated: Space and Time, in the seed posting quoted, the III dimension has remained 'occult', as in *not addressed* ...

The 3rd. dimension is then about the genetic linkages or space and time continuum, maybe?!

Am I with you?

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Return to “Vedic Astrology”