Lagna Calculator

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

dipakbh

Lagna Calculator

Post by dipakbh » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Hello Swetha

Want to know whether I need to give the corrected birth time when the time available is Bengal time (pre-independent India).
DOB 15th Nov, 1945
Time :12:12PM (Bengal Time)
Place Jalpaiguri (WB)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:10 am

Hello Dipakbh,

I am neither Swetha nor an astrologer, but could I please try to help you to answer your question any way?

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=73994

When requesting a Vedic astrology reading on our Vedic Astrology reading forum (not on this board), you must provide our astrologers with among other information, two different times.

1. The time when you were born

2. The time when you posted this reading request

Both your birth as well as your posting times are what the time was or is now at your particular location (Jalpaiguri) on that day.

The local time it was in Jalpaiguri when you were born, or the local time it was in Jalpaiguri when you posted your request.

So you usually do not need to correct anything, since this was the absolute local time in Jalpaiguri, and not the time in Jalpaiguri compared or relative to what the time was in another part of India (such as in New Delhi).

The time which appears on your birth records or certificate is your birth time, which would also have been the local time in Jalpaiguri on the day that you were born.

There is only one possible correction or complication, which is related to whether or not Jalpaiguri in Western Bengal was using daylight saving time (DST) on November 15th, 1945.

You must tell the astrologer if DST WAS or WAS NOT being used on the day of your birth, as if it was and you do not tell the reader that, all the rest of the calculations on your chart will be wrong as a result.

As they will all be based upon the wrong time.

Does this help?

EoT

dipakbh

Lagna Calculator

Post by dipakbh » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:20 am

Thank you so much . In Bengal a war time timing was followed which was different from IST. To my knowledge it was ahead of IST by an hour till 1947. Since I do not have a proper horoscope I would request an astrologer, if possible to throw some light. I give below the information that was asked for to get the lagna (ascendant) .

1. Date of Birth : 15th Nov, 1947
2. Time of Birth :12:12 PM (afternoon)
3. Place of Birth : Jalpaiguri (West Bengal, India)
4. DST used or not(Day Light Savings Time) : Yes
5. Gender (Male/ Female) : M
6: Place of posting your query (city, Country) : Kolkata , India
7: Local watch time of posting query (remember to indicate AM or PM or use 24:00 hrs format)  :9:50 AM  

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact the forum moderator.

dipakbh

Lagna Calculator

Post by dipakbh » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:24 am

I made a mistake in my previous reply, pertaining to date of Birth

Thank you so much . In Bengal a war time timing was followed which was different from IST. To my knowledge it was ahead of IST by an hour till 1947. Since I do not have a proper horoscope I would request an astrologer, if possible to throw some light. I give below the information that was asked for to get the lagna (ascendant) .

1. Date of Birth : 15th Nov, 1945
2. Time of Birth :12:12 PM (afternoon)
3. Place of Birth : Jalpaiguri (West Bengal, India)
4. DST used or not(Day Light Savings Time) : Yes
5. Gender (Male/ Female) : M
6: Place of posting your query (city, Country) : Kolkata , India
7: Local watch time of posting query (remember to indicate AM or PM or use 24:00 hrs format)  :9:50 AM

Rohiniranjan

Re: Lagna Calculator

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:53 pm

dipakbh wrote:Hello Swetha

Want to know whether I need to give the corrected birth time when the time available is Bengal time (pre-independent India).
DOB 15th Nov, 1945
Time :12:12PM (Bengal Time)
Place Jalpaiguri (WB)
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
some charts
Untitled.jpg (343.13 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (343.13 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

dipakbh

Lagna Calculator

Post by dipakbh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Thank you very much, as I was often told that my Ascendant was Aquarius when horoscope was cast with uncorrected birth time.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Lagna Calculator

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:07 pm

dipakbh wrote:Thank you very much, as I was often told that my Ascendant was Aquarius when horoscope was cast with uncorrected birth time.
In western astrology, using tropical zodiac, you probably would be! You can ask in that section for verification! :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Vedic Astrology”